tsr3: If I Could Go Back

[hiatus] The Cupid Reaper : Messenger of Love and Caller of Souls
Please log in to read the full chapter

if i could go back

   

"Reaper! Hey, Grim Reaper! I'm calling for you. Reaper V!" A young female yelled towards the night sky while standing atop the rooftop of her apartment complex. "I know you can hear me. V!"

Grim Reaper Serena materializes in front of the young girl a short while later while floating in mid-air with a calm expression. "Yes?"

"You lied to me." The young girl accused in a fierce tone while she pointed her index finger in Grim Reaper Serena's direction. "You said that if I did as you told me that my wish would come true."

"I never said that."

"Yes you did."

"No, I did not."

"Yes you did, V. You told me that when we first  met like we've done now, so don't lie to me." The female cried in frustration as she balled her fists at her side. "In exchange for turning into a stone later when I died or whatever you would grant me my wish of being with my ex-boyfriend. Now he doesn't want to be with me and told me to not bother him again. It's your fault."

Grim Reaper Serena zoomed towards the young girl to cast her a devious smile while still floating in mid-air and being only a few inches apart of one another. "Is that so?"

"Y-yes." The girl's voice quivered in a soft whisper from the abrupt situation that she found herself with the grim reaper compare to a moment ago.

All of a sudden, Grim Reaper Serena began flying around the young female creating a dust devil around her just before the two disappeared from the rooftop and ended up in a twilight realm with dark clouds and shadows etching the outskirts of the area.

"Where am I? Why am I here? Reaper V?!" The female freaked out as she scanned her surrounding with fear. "You can't turn me into a stone when my wish wasn't even granted. That's cheating. You can't do that!"

She continued to ramble as she screamed into the air wondering where the grim reaper was hiding while turning left and right to see if Grim Reaper Serena was behind her or something like that. "I know you're here! You can't scare me! We signed a contract! It's binding and you can't do anything to me!"

A lightning bolt struck a spot only a few feet away from the young woman making her jump in fright as her head slowly looked about her clearly shaken up by the action. Suddenly the air gew cold and the young woman could see the puffs of breaths she released as she tried to calm her heavy breathing from the shock of the lightning bolt from earlier.

Grim Reaper Serena materialized a second later with an aloof expression while she casually walked circles around the female accompanied by her hellhounds who trailed a few paces behind her doing the same thing. Their previous puppy appearances replaced by slight snarls and a teasing bite and nip every now and then.

The girl was spooked, but she tried to speak as calmly as possible while holding up her hand despite shivering slightly. "Remember. You can't touch me without my wish being fully granted. I signed with my blood so you have to honor it. You can't do anything to me."

Grim Reaper Serena stopped walking making the girl stare at her cautiously. The female watched as Grim Reaper Serena snapped her fingers to cue the hellhounds to cough up three specific items. She snapped her fingers once more and the canine trio disappeared into a mixture of red, green, and blue smoke. Next she swirl her hand in the air causing the three items to fly towards her and she took them into her grasp while the other hand held a white vial and a brown rice cake.

"You remember these, right?" Grim Reaper Serena asked while showing the said things to the girl who slowly nodded as if remembering them as an afterthought. "What were you told to do with these?"

"To use them to get closer to my goal."

"And did you?"

"No."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"I would suggest for you to think carefully about this again before you answer that confidently." Grim Reaper Serena told her as she began walking circles around the female although she had left the five items afloat in front of the young female's direct line of sight. "If you remember on the day that we finalized our agreement, what did I mentioned to you about the said items?"

Please log in to read the full chapter