4 Clumsy Athlete

She's a Vampire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tzuyu woke up with a start. Panting, sweating.

Sana...

Her visions cleared. There was no Sana, no vampire.

Was the vampire...me?

She covered her face with her hands. It couldn't be me...must be me who was overthinking about the vampire scent yeterday...why would I attack Sana? My best friend?

Tzuyu stood up from her bed shakily, knees buckling with every move she took. She walked to her bathroom to take a warm shower. It always helped her to clear her mind. She had to go school today for the athletics training. She wasn't going to let Sana see her so fragile like this.

I have blood to consume, I have vampire candy. Nothing will happen, Chou Tzuyu!

She changed into her sports shirt, looking into the mirror she saw her usual self. Cold, but not cruel.

Not cruel to attack best friend. I'm not that vampire.

She convinced herself and went downstairs for breakfast.

 

"Tzuyu-ah you look terrible. Did you sleep well last night?" Sana asked with concern.

Tzuyu shook her head. "I'm fine. I just had a nightmare. Otherwise I'm fine."

"Then let me help you to get over with it," said Sana while clinging onto Tzuyu as usual. Tzuyu felt herself tensed a bit by remembering her nightmare, but didn't make Sana get off her.

The warm embrace had a calming effect. Tzuyu liked it despite she could still remember her dream. She slowly breathed out and sighed.

"Yah! You two, separate now! How am I going to let you guys train by hugging so close like that!" scowled Jeongyeon from the other side of the field.

"You can start first if you want! I'm not gonna let go of Tzuyu until she's fine!" said Sana screaming on top of her lungs to Jeongyeon.

Tzuyu blushed. "Maybe we should start..."

Sana loosen her hug on Tzuyu and looked concernly on her friend. "Are you really alright?"

Tzuyu nodded. "Yeah, it's just a dream."

It's just a dream...Tzuyu wanted to convince herself desperately.

"Tzuyu, come over so we can see which event are you better at," said Jeongyeon when she saw Sana let go of Tzuyu. "Since we're lacking athlete in the running and archery, I guess you can do both. Which one do you wanna start with?"

"Uh...running would be fine."

"Great! So let's start with some warm up and then you can start with the 400m and 800m run."

As Tzuyu did the warm up with the other athletes she chose a place where not much sunlight was exposed to her. Sana was just right beside her.

God, her balance was bad. She looks as if she's gonna fall any second. How did she get into the athletics team in the first place? thought Tzuyu.

Her doubt was answered by Jeongyeon by the start of the training session. "Sana and Song Hyun, please proceed to the long jump field so you two can practise on your skills. Jung Sun and Kyunmin, you two can go for the running tracks and wait me there. You guys are competing with Tzuyu."

Jeongyeon proceeded giving out instructions and most of the athletes went to their training venue. There left Tzuyu and Jeongyeon. "Follow me," Jeongyeon signalled Tzuyu to follow her to the running tracks. Jung Sun and Kyunmin were doing their warm up for the running. Jeongyeon led Tzuyu to her track and said, "Please prepare."

Three of them did the preparation pose. "Get set-GO!"

Tzuyu ran as it begin, and she was the first between the three of them.

"Go Tzuyu-ah go go go!!!" there came Sana's cheering from somewhere to the left. Tzuyu was delighted to hear Sana cheering for her, though she didn't know why. She ran faster.

Sensing that she might exceed human speed any minute, for the sake of not breaking Usain Bolt's world record, she slowed down a bit without the concern of the other two overtaking her.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter