22 The Pendant

She's a Vampire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three black SUVs were speeding on a highway, all of which were full of vampires. The rebels.

Jihyo was in the first black SUV and she was silent in the entire trip.

"Alright people! We're going to reach Kim's stronghold in a few minutes, and I want you guys to know about Master Song's plan - let them surrender," said the leader of the team, Young, glancing back to the back seats, particularly looking at Jihyo. "You, Park, please bear in mind we need to let them surrender, not letting them go."

Jihyo raised her brows by being called out, "Sure thing."

"Good to know that you've got that. Now we've got the plan through, and I just need to remind you guys something about it..."

Jihyo remembered Jeongyeon sent a secret message to her saying that a new back ups (as the anti-rebel squad is trapped in Busan) is formed, and would only be ready in two weeks, but she wasn't sure how long would Mr Song keep Tzuyu and Sana safe. She understood that as long as she carried out her duties, they would be safe. But who knows? Mr Song is a madman, what if...? Jihyo didn't want to imagine what will happen.

Jihyo silently reached her hand into her pocket, grabbing her pendant. By thinking for it to split into two, the pendant immediately cloned into two, both which were identical.

This would be part of her plan later.

 

"Now that we're here, I'm going to repeat, today we're only going to attack phase one, then we'll retreat, everyone got that?" Young asked.

"Yes, Leader Young!"

"Now proceed to your positions and wait for my signal," said Young, who stood on his spot waiting for everyone to go to their respective positions.

Jihyo glanced towards him, and unexpectedly, she was being called out, once again.

"Park," Young called, "Doesn't mean that if Master Song let you join my team, I'll trust you, you know that?"

Jihyo faced him, "I don't need to gain your trust. I'm just doing what I should do to keep my friends safe," then she turned, and walked to her spot without waiting for a response from Young.

"Friendship, huh..." Young grinned. He then opened a case on his palm, blood red mists fumed out, forming a symbol of Song, the leopard.

Alarms blared at the fences of the Kim's stronghold, steady footsteps here and there signaled the presence of anti-rebels squad, who were trapped for days in Busan - Kim's stronghold.

"Let the attack begin," Young whistled, and his team started their attack. He widened his eyes as he saw Jihyo, who was using her now formed weapon - the mubuchae, the Korean war fan. It wasn't a normally seen weapon for vampires, but for those who uses them, they're either really good at it, or they don't really fight. Clearly, Jihyo wasn't the latter, but she was good at it. Real good.

Jihyo used her mubuchae, hitting the back of the head of the anti-rebels squad members.

"God, why are they still so energetic while being trapped here for days? Team two should have worn them out!" Jihyo heard her companion cursed.

Jihyo smiled a bit. That's what anti-rebels squad are capable of, and she's proud of it. Despite she's guilty of hitting them down one by one, but that's the least harmful thing she can do now. She needed to get to the leader of the anti-rebels squad, and that has to be fast. 

Jihyo ducked through two UV knives which are swung towards her, and she used the blunt end of her fan to hit the guy's back of his knee. He then fell forwards.

Another came towards her, firing a UV ray bullet on her. In one swift motion, Jihyo spread opened her stainless steel fan, and deflected the bullet to the floor.

"You're-" the guy in front of her recognized Jihyo, but then got out by Jihyo's companion. 

"You okay?" asked the girl who called Jihyo for gathering before departing to Busan. 

Jihyo nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks." She looked up to the sky, the red mists are getting more and more faded as the wind blew. That means she didn't have much time anymore.

She bit her lower lip as she sprinted through the battle, hitting the squad members down as they went towards her.

At last Jihyo reached to a tall tower where she knew the squad leader would be to direct the battle.

She risked herself running towards the guards at the door, knocking them down and muttered a sorry. When she reached to the top, she was panting heavily.

"Leader Jang, Park Jihyo reporting!" Jihyo raised her right hand to her forehead.

Leader Jang looked at her, raising his UV ray gun cautiously. "From what I can see...you're in Song's rebel team, aren't you?"

"Yes, I am currently in the rebels, but I'm forced to. My friends, including Tzuyu from the Chou's and a human friend of mine, Minatozaki Sana were in the hands of Mr Song. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter