One

Serendipity: Just Let Me Love You

Image result for bts v

To Taehyung, there is something exhilarating every time he arrived at the airport, coming down from a long and safe flight. He looks forward to the things he will do, food he will eat, stuffs he will buy, people he will meet. But most importantly, the family members he will stay with. He is finally back home. Seoul is forever his home.

 

 

Walking out from the arrivals area, Taehyung turns everyone's head, not because how expensive his clothes scream, (his fashion sense can go extreme at times) but because of his insane visuals. People always, and really always, take a double look, mentally asking is he even real? Or is he a celebrity?

 

Taehyung unset his phone from airplane mode; he immediately received a call from his Namjoon-hyung.

 

"Yobeoseyo." he answered his voice rather raspy while smiling to himself.

 

"Oh Taehyung-ah, why is your voice like that? Are you cold? Having jet lag? Do you-"

 

Taehyung chuckled and cuts-in, "Relax, hyung. I'm ok."

 

"Well, if you say so. I sent a bodyguard for you--"

 

"Ah, hyung, again? I told you not to go overboard."

 

"What overboard? When was the last time you were kidnapped?! Besides it's not only me who decided this, Jin-hyung also wanted someone to come pick you up. I'm very sorry I can't be there."

 

It's true. Taehyung has been kidnapped by bad people multiple times already since he was a child. 'Explains why his hyungs are being paranoid and very protective towards him. He has been assigned with bodyguard since he can remember. It only stopped when he went to study abroad.

 

"Hyung, I know, I know, just do good on the opening event, you've been preparing for months already." Taehyung saw a man in black suit coming his way. "Oh, I think I saw him (bodyguard) already, I'm hanging up hyung. Let's eat dinner later!"

 

"Kim Taehyung-ssi" the man in black suit said.

 

"Ah, you must be sent by Namjoon-hyung."

 

"Ah,... yeah...", the man seemed to be taken aback from Taehyung's response.

 

"Nice to meet you. I was on the phone with hyung just now that's why I already know you'll accompany me home."

 

"Ah... yeah."

 

"Lezz go."

 

 

In the car, Taehyung looks through the window, he's amazed, and not much has changed in Seoul after four years. It's colder. He wondered why he chose to go home at winter.

 

He can't help but feel sulky about the fact that no one from the family came to pick him up yet he understands that Namjoon is the CEO and today, of all days, is the launch of the company's winter project. As for the eldest, Seokjin, he's already worldwide famous, a global star, though Taehyung knows that his hyung will do everything to pick him up even if he ended up getting discovered by people and be mobbed by fans at the airport. But just not today; today Jin is shooting a drama in Jeju Island.

Well his flight is rather out of a whim.

 

Just then, he noticed the car headed to the opposite direction. Pulling away from his thoughts he asked, "Oh, are we going somewhere else?"

 

"Ah yeah, there is a new route here..." the bodyguard answered looking through the rear-view mirror.

 

Soon as Taehyung saw Haneul Park, he got distracted. "I see. Good timing, let's get off here. I want to take a walk at the park."

 

"Eh?"

 

"Did Namjoon-hyung ask you to head me straight home?"

 

"No sir..."

 

"Then just give me some time, an hour, no, 30 mins."

 

"Ah yeah..." The bodyguard said sounding a little irritated while pulling the car to stop.

 

 

Taehyung was walking around the park for quite some time holding a cup of coffee in one hand. Soon as he reached the top view where he can see the whole city from above, he closed his eyes and takes a deep breath.

 

"Ah~ this is the smell of home." he muttered.

 

When he opened his eyes, he heard a camera click. He turned his head to the sound's direction and saw a man holding a camera in front of his face, obviously taking Taehyung's picture.

To that, Taehyung playfully reacted by posing rather too cutely.

 

"Aish..." the man jokingly expressed disappointment as he lowers his camera, revealing his face to Taehyung.

 

Though Taehyung can't hide his awe, he also can't help but smile. The camera guy is so good-looking. Too handsome that Taehyung thought he could be Jin-hyung level handsome. He must be his age, or younger by a year.

 

"Look here, you can't be acting cocky. You were the one taking my picture on your own."

 

"I'm not taking your picture, I'm taking the landscape. You're ruining it." the man said with a hint of Busan accent.

 

Such a funny guy, Taehyung thought.

 

"I'm Kim Taehyung. What's your name?"

 

"Jeon Jungkook."

 

 

"Aren't you cold? You're dressed lightly." Taehyung asked Jungkook who wears all black, black jeans, black Timberlands, black T-shirt, black padded coat. He noted the latter doesn’t have any scarf or gloves, or face mask and the temperature is just insane.

 

The two are sitting beside each other in one of the wooden bench at the park. After the first meeting just a while ago, what do you know? They just clicked. The two started talking about each other as if they have a connection.

 

"This is warmer than it seems. Do you always dress like that though?"

 

This made Taehyung look at his own clothes which he admits is indeed flashy.

 

"This is called airport fashion. Aish."

 

"Going to airport?"

 

"No. I just came back from abroad."

 

"Oh."

 

"I was away for four years."

 

"Oh! What a coincidence, I moved to Seoul with my friend from Busan four years ago too!"

 

"Whoa! This is giving me chills!"

 

"I think you're really weird." Jungkook said while laughing.

 

"Why?"

 

"Who goes to park right after arriving back in Seoul?"

 

"Uh me? You're also weird. Not many people take pictures here in winter. You must realize that, only 2 of us here in the park."

 

"Yeah, that's why I came."

 

"You don't like it with a lot of human being around?"

 

"'human being'? Hehe. You're language is really unique; but to answer your question, no. I mean if no other ‘human being’ will take this kind of scenery during winter, who will? The thought suddenly entered my mind; I decided I should humour it..." Jungkook stopped and looked at Taehyung who is staring back at him with an unreadable expression. "Why?"

 

"No continue... I just like listening to you talk."

 

This made Jungkook flushed. "No that's all."

 

"I like your concept."

 

"Well, I'm a freelance artist. I should at least be one of a kind."

 

"A great artist is someone who can bring out the subtle beauty in everything."

 

"That sounds deep."

 

"It is. I read it somewhere."

 

Taehyung's phone started to buzz.

 

"A call? You should take it."

 

"No. It's my alarm. I told my bodyguard to give me just 30 mins. So he's probably looking for me now."

 

"I see."

 

"Gotta go. It's nice to talk to you."

 

"Yeah..."

 

“Say, will I be able to meet you here again next time or any other day?”

 

“Maybe.”

 

 

On his way towards his car, his bodyguard was facing his back and was talking on the phone. Taehyung can vaguely hear him, "It'll be hard if we don't use force. He's so random, he came to me saying I'm his bodyguard, I'm driving and he wanted to 'take a walk' so we're at the damn park.."

 

Taehyung's phone vibrated, already confused with the man, he takes it blankly without seeing the caller, "Yo-yobeoseyo?"

 

"Taehyung-ah, yah!"

 

"Seokjin hyung..."

 

"Right this is your one and only Seokjin hyung, kid! I asked you to tell me when you plan to come back so I can wait for you at the airport when you arrived! Did i or did I not tell you that?!"

 

"You did."

 

"What's wrong with your voice? I know how you sulk at times that's why I really wanted someone you know will meet you there. Lucky, uncle Bang is free today. Namjoon said you with him already?"

 

"Uncle Bang?"

 

"Yeah, he went to meet you."

 

Taehyung stares at the person in front of him. His 'bodyguard' who is still on the phone. He registers what his bodyguard is saying to the person on the other line, "and it's cold! I gave him coffee and put some pills but he's not drinking it!!"

 

To this, Taehyung dropped his coffee on the ground. His bodyguard, who is obviously a faker, turned around and sees him. "Tsk. Call you later. To hell with being unscratched."

 

The man kept his phone and started walking towards Taehyung.

 

I need to run. Taehyung thought. He moved his body to the left and about to run but he felt his body starting to get heavy.

 

The coffee. He took several sip a while ago.

 

"Yes. You heard right. It was drugged. I was ready to fight. Good thing you're making this easier." The man said taking Taehyung by his arm.

 

"Let go of me!"

 

"Heh, scream all you want, you can't even shake me off. Damn, looking closer, I kind of understand why my client is so obsessed with you."

 

"Don't touch me!"

 

"Don't touch him. Didn't you hear him say that?." Jungkook said, pulling Taehyung's arm away from the man.

 

"'the hell?"

 

"Leave before you regret it." Jungkook said to the man, his stare so cold it could kill.

 

"You--$@##%^" The man shouted throwing a punch."

 

Jungkook easily avoided the contact. He pulled Taehyung to his chest and led him aside next to the car, "Hold my cam."

 

The man made another attack after another one while Jungkook is just on defense. Only when the man started to pull out a knife that Jungkook started to attack. He threw a powerful kick and so on point; the man got knocked out.

 

Taehyung released a deep breath, his knees so weak he fell down to sit. Jungkook run to him. Pulling Taehyung, he said,"C'mon, he might call for others. Let's get out of here."

 

Taehyung stood up only to fall back, he doesn't know if his knees are weak due to being drugged or because of shock. Jungkook noticed it was more of the latter.

 

"How troublesome." He lowered, his one knee touching the ground, his back facing

 

Taehyung. "Get on."

 

"Get on?"

 

"I'm giving you piggyback for free. Don't you watch dramas?"

 

 

"Are you going to walk me home like this?" Taehyung asked while Jungkook is carrying him on his back. He's so close that he can see Jungkook's secret mole on the back of the latter's left ear.

 

"Of course not. My car is a little far from here. Aren't your legs okay by now?"

 

"Not yet."

 

The snow started to fall. Taehyung squeezed his arms tighter around Jungkook's neck.

 

"Yah, are you planning to choke me?"

 

"This is a funny day."

 

"Glad you're still finding this funny."

 

"Jungkook-ssi"

 

"Um"

 

"You can be my bodyguard from now on."

 

"Pardon?"

 

"Be my bodyguard."

 

"Are you dizzy?"

 

"No."

 

"Didn't you just mistake that man as your bodyguard? Now, you're asking me, a complete stranger, to become one?"

 

"Aren't your name Jeon Jungkook?"

 

"It is."

 

"Then you're not a complete stranger to me."

 

"You're so gullible."

 

"I am. But I don't give my trust so easily."

 

"And?"

 

"I trusted you the moment I saw you."

 

"Say what? On what basis?"

 

"Dunno. My body's DNA said so. I could trust this person."

 

"DNA? You're really funny."

 

"If you promise me now that you will be my bodyguard and protect me.."

 

"Yeah yeah. Let's get you home."

 

"Jungkook-ah"

 

"'Jungkook-ah'?!" Jungkook repeated pretending to be shocked by how Taehyung acted as if they were best chums already.

 

"Thank you. For saving a complete stranger like me just now."

 

"You already said we're not complete strangers."

 

"Right. But to someone you just met, you risk your life. You're really--"

 

"If you don't stop being so embarrassing, I'll drop you."

 

They both laugh.

 

Ah, if it's this person, I really feel like he'll keep me safe. Taehyung thought.

 


Thanks a lot for the subs and upvote! Whoa~~ Lemme know your thoughts! comment below! keep safe everyone!