New Leaf

Fake Love

Jungkook's POV

 

"It might be too late but can we-can we start over?" 

 

You hear that?

 

That's the sound of the wall crumbling. 

 

The wall of my ego.

 

All because of this one kitten.

 

"What?" she asked, puzzled.

 

Great. Now I gotta repeat.

 

"I said. Can. We. Start. Over?"

 

"Why? What why? I thought you're gonna say you dont like me. And that we have to end this?" Hana's brows furrowed.

 

What? Hana, what are you talking about?

 

"Why would you think I'd say that?" I moved closer, facing her.

 

She tried to move back but I managed to get a hold of her hands before she moved any further.

 

"Dont run away from me now, kitten. We gotta set this straight" I said, stern.

 

Hana looked down. Fidgeting on her fingers.

 

"I-I wasnt trying to run away. It's just that you're so close to me" she stuttered.

 

"And what the hell is wrong with that? You wont even let me get close to you now? You hate me that much?" I shouted.

 

"No!" she paused.

 

"Then?" I softened.

 

"I-I just cant get to close to you" her eyes still on the grass.

 

I released her hands and cupped her face instead.

 

"Look at me when I talk to you" 

 

Her eyes widened to my touch and her cheeks turned cherry, red. The feeling of her warm cheeks excites me.

 

She put her face down again.

 

Is she blushing?

 

Aww kitten you're so precious.

 

"Dont touch me" Hana removed my hand, trembling.

 

She backed away.

 

Wait? Is that it? She dont want me to get close to her cause she's shy?!

 

"Kitten, are you blushing?" I asked, still trying to hold in my laugh.

 

"What? No. What are you talking about geez" she mumbled.

 

You're so fckin precious kitten.

 

 

 

 

 


Hana's POV

 

"What? No. What are you talking about geez"

 

"Dont run away from me Hana. I get anxious everytime you do that" he carved a short smile.

 

ASDFGHJKL WHAT?!

 

I looked down, still searching for atleast one word that is sensible enough for me to say.

 

"Look. I know we got off at a wrong start but I swear I had no intention of hurting you. I lose my sometimes when I'm not okay. It's wrong I know I was stupid but everyone deserves a second chance right?" he continued. His eyes locked on the beautiful bridge before averting to me.

 

"I-I dont know oppa. I prepared my mind for a goodbye. Now, when you say you want to start on a fresh chapter, I ju-just dont know what to say. It's too overwhelming. A lot has happened between us and you know about my feelings towards you. Why do you wanna start things over when you knew? Are you trying to get my hopes high and turn me craz-"

 

"No" he said softly. Jungkook looked into my eyes intensely. He took my hands in his. Brushing both of his thumbs on the back of my hand.

 

"I just wa-want to treat you better. Thats all" his head fell, breaking the eye contact we had earlier.

 

So he doesnt like me. I knew it. But why does it hurt so much although I already knew he'll never like me back?

 

I sighed. Heavily.

 

I'm tired. Tired of everything. If he said he wanna treat me better than okay. I guess thats okay. Its better than a goodbye.

 

I think.

 

"So? Friends?" 

 

"Huh? Friends?" his brows jerked up.

 

"Ye-yeah you said you wanna treat me better right. So I guess we're friends now?" I faked a smile.

 

this hurts! Why the hell am i friendzoning myself?! *sighs*

 

"Well yeah. I guess so" he smiled back warmly.

 

"Its getting dark. Maybe we should make a move. My parents will be worried" 

 

"Right okay then" he nodded.

 

I got up and started to walk back to the car when he grabbed my right hand gently.

 

"Hana wait" he stood infront of me.

 

"Do you like Yoongi hyung?" he continued.

 

Hold up. WHAT?!

 

"Excuse me?" 

 

"I-I'm just curious" he scratched the back of his neck.

 

Is he stupid or is he dumb? I confessed to you what kind of question is this?!

 

I pulled my hand away.

 

"Do I really have to answer that?" I crossed my arms.

 

"If you dont want to it's okay" he sneered.

 

I turned around and got in the car.

 

Why bother? Even if I like Yoongi oppa it's none of his business.

 

He got into the car too and we made our way home. The whole journey was filled with silence and the sound of our breathings and sighings. He took 2 seconds to turn to me every 5 minutes and I obviously noticed that.

 

Like what do you want boi? If you wanna say something just say it urghh.

 

He stopped in front of his house and we stepped out of the car.

 

"Anyway than-"

 

"Hana!" Jungah came rushing towards us stopping Jungkook on his words.

 

This , Jeon Jungah. I wanna listen to what he has to say.

 

"Here are your stuffs" she said, panting. Jungah passed me my bag and water bottle.

 

"Oppa what are you doing here?" she turned to Jungkook.

 

"Did you guys go somewhere omg" Jungah covered .

 

She must have missed the part when Jungkook got out of my car.

 

Thank God.

 

"No. He just came back from a walk. Right?" I looked at him, eyes pleading to keep our meeting a secret from Jungah.

 

"Yeah" he uttered short.

 

"I'll see you tomorrow girl" I hugged her goodbye and got into my car.

 

I didnt even look at Jungkook. I just cant. Staying with this devil for more than 2 hours gave me anxiety. Any longer would drive me crazy. It felt like my soul was trying to leave my body with each second passing.

 

However, I just cant get it off my mind. His question.

 

"Do you like Yoongi hyung?"

 

I mean why? Why does he give a fck if I like Yoongi or nah?

 

Jeon Jungkook, what's gonna become of us?

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jungkook's POV

 

"Friends"

 

"Friends"

 

"Friends"

 

"Friends"

 

FRIENDS???

 

THAT DID SHE JUST FRIENDZONE ME?!

 

I dont remember mentioning anything about being friends though? Why would she think I wanna be her friend?

 

I dont wanna be your friend, kitten.

 

I just want to treat you better.

 

I want you.

 

But I dont really know what I meant when I said I wanna treat her better. I just wanted us to be okay. How okay? I dont know.

 

She didnt even answer my question. She left me hanging. Clinging on my own curious thoughts that intensifies everyday.

 

She wanted us to be friends. So, does that really mean she likes Min Yoongi?

 

Yoon Hana why are you doing this me? *plopped on bed*

 

" I wanna know if you like Yoongi or not why cant you answer that?!" I screamed and threw a pillow at the door.

 

"The answer's no" the door swung open and Jungah walked in with the pillow that I threw earlier.

 

"What are you talking about?"

 

"You asked Hana if she likes Yoongi but she refused to answer right? I know you went out with her Kookie oppa. I saw the two of you drove away" she sat at the edge of my bed.

 

I sat up straight looking at her round, fluffy face.

 

"How do you know she doesnt like Yoongi?"

 

"Are you stupid? All those A's along the years are for nothing it seems! You're just so dense! Hana likes you dimwit! She confessed right?!" Jungah said while hitting me with the pillow in her hand.

 

"Ouch stop that hurts woman" I snatched the pillow away from her small hand.

 

"I mean. That happened a while ago. Who knows she hates me now and wants to go to Yoongi instead" I shrugged.

 

Jungah's face turned red and she scrunched her nose hard. 

 

"I'm gonna ing kill you" she jumped on the bed and started hitting me more.

 

"Okay okay stop I'm stupid" I pushed her away from me and she fell on the bed.

 

Man this girl is fierce. Jimin would be so unlucky lol. Ohh btw I forgot to tell that I know my sister likes Jimin for quite some time already. It's so obvious but Park Jimin is dumber than anyone else so of course. Oblivious much?

 

"Oppa, not everyone's like you. You can hover over one girl after the other in less than 2 seconds. Hana's not like that. You know how she acts around you. She likes you still and no. She doesnt have feelings for Suga oppa if you're real desperate to know about it" Jungah scoffed.

 

"They're quite close but that's how far it goes" she continued, still lying on my bed.

 

I laid next to her.

 

"Okay"

 

"Okay?" Jungah raised a brow.

 

"Do you want me to hit you more?" she slapped my left arm.

 

"Oww stop hitting me. Okay, thank you for telling" I turned away.

 

"What are you gonna do now?" she asked.

 

"I dont know"

 

"I love you Kookie but please dont hurt her more oppa. If you dont wanna take her seriously then stay away from her. Please" Jungah got up and walked to the door.

 

"Jungah"

 

"What?" she turned.

 

"Help me"

 

 

 

 

 

Hana's POV

 

"Good morning appa. Good morning omma" I greeted my parents and sat at the dining table.

 

"Morning baby. Why do you look so gloomy? Did something happen?And where are your glasses love?" dad asked.

 

Jeon Jungkook friendzoned me that's what happened. He doesnt like me. That's what happened.

 

Or did I friendzone myself?

 

And fck where did I put my glasses what's wrong with me?

 

"I must have left it in the bathroom. I'll go get i-"

 

Ding dong.

 

"Now who would come at this hour?" mom hurried to the door.

 

I went upstairs to get my glasses and walked back to our dining table.

 

The moment I put it on and sat again, I got the biggest heart attack of my life.

 

Biggest I tell ya.

 

"Morning Hana" Jungkook waved, sitting infront of me.

 

WHAT. THE. ?!

 

"M-morning too Han" Jungah stammered, giving me the most awkward smile.

 

"It's so lovely to have your friends around baby. Why didnt you tell they're gonna pick you up for school today?" mom asked.

 

What?! When?!

 

"Aha. It must have slipped my mind" I faked a laugh.

 

"What the is going on?" 

 

I mouthed to Jungah.

 

"Kookie forced me on this I'm sorry" she mouthed back.

 

I turned to Jungkook and caught him staring at me.

 

Then he mouthed something.

 

"You look y today" he smirked.

 

What the hell Jungkook my parents are here!

 

"So Jungkook. What does your parents do?" dad asked him.

 

Dad please why are you interrogating him like he's my boyfriend gosh this is so embarrassing.

 

"My dad owns a shipping company. He's always out of town. My mom's a housewife so it has always been just me, mom and Jungah at home" he explained politely.

 

He looks so good when he acts all nice. Wouldnt it be nice if you stop teasing me and start being nice too?

 

"Jeon. Dont tell me your father owns the Jeon Group?" dad continued.

 

"Yes thats the one" Jungkook grinned sheepishly.

 

"Oh that's amazing. We're doing a collaboration now on an upcoming project in Busan. How wonderful that I got to meet his two kids before I meet the CEO himself" dad laughed.

 

this is going too well.

 

"Ohh really that's really amazing, Mr. Yoon. I hope everything goes well" he smiled warmly.

 

Kyaaaaa my heart ~

 

Jungkook looked at me and smirked.

 

Naughty and scornful.

 

stop!

 

This feels so food and so nerve-wrecking at the same time. My hands kept on sweating non stop.

 

"Dont worry Mr. Yoon. If dad refused anything. I'll definitely pursuade him on agreeing to you. I'm his little girl" Jungah joked.

 

"Yeah she's daddy's pet after all" Jungkook scoffed.

 

Mom and dad just laughed. I'm glad these two bunch of crazy freaks managed to get my parents so pleased early in the morning. It aint that bad of a morning after all.

 

"Say Mrs. Yoon. Did Hana have any boyfriend before?" Jungkook suddenly asked and that got me to choke on my cereal.

 

This hole what is he trying to do?!

 

"Ohh no. Our Hana is a very shy girl. She'll always stay at the library and study. Maybe that why she doesnt have time for those kind of things. We did persuade her to find one though" mom sat at the table after cleaning the dishes.

 

"Omma stop please geez"

 

"What? It's true" mom laughed.

 

"There was this one time she had a bestfriend named Hanbin. He was a very sweet boy. They were always together. Sometimes they'll go out holding hands and he would always sleep over at our house back when we were in Denver. I thought they were dating but it turned out that Hanbin already has a girlfriend that time" mom patted my back.

 

"Mom stopped. He was just a good friend" I frowned.

 

"Okay okay" she laughed again.

 

God kill me.

 

"I see" Jungkook looked down.

 

That's it? He doesnt seem okay.

 

We finished our food and prepared ourselves for school. After mom explained about my past relationship, Jungkook stopped asking things. The two thanked my parents and we got to school. He stayed quiet the entire way.

 

I was totally freaking out inside.

 

We arrived at school around 7.25 am. I asked Jungah to pass my thanks to Jungkook for the ride and went straight to class with Jungah.

 

" what the hell was with this morning?! Why didnt you tell me you were coming? WITH JUNGKOOK?! " I pulled Jungah's hair soft after we sat at our places in class.

 

"Hana I swear I didnt know. I was confused as well when he pulled over to your house" Jungah pouted.

 

"Dont lie to me . How come you didnt realise?!"

 

"I was scrolling on instagram. Ji-Jimin oppa posted a photo this morning so-so I was a little distracted" Jungah holds my hand.

 

Lord I cant believe this girl.

 

"I'm sorry" she faked cry.

 

"Ewww stop it gosh you look hideous" I slapped her hand away playfully.

 

"But I know you liked it" she laughed.

 

"What? No?! You people gave me a heart attack okay? I almost fainted when I saw him"

 

"Why? Because he looks delicious even when it's so early in the morning?" Jungah teased.

 

"What? No!"

 

"Then why are you turning red babe? It felt like you were introducing your boyfriend to your parents for the first time aight?" she laughed hysterically.

 

"Jeon Jungah!! You little piece of sh- ughh!!" 

 

"Wow wow calm down es" Sora interfered.

 

"What happened?" she continued, pulling her chair in front of Jungah and sat down.

 

"You missed the biggest story of the century woman" she laughed again, smacking the table.

 

This I'm gonna spoon her eyes out if that's the last thing I do.

 

"We'll bring this to the whole team later" Sora smiled cheekily.

 

I hate you people.

 

"You're gonna ride with us after school right?" Jungah rested her head on my shoulder.

 

"No woman my dad's picking me up. No more surprises" I glared at her.

 

Ding!

 

I heard a notification came in.

 

My heart exploded when I saw the name of the sender popped up.

 

 

 

 


Jungkook ❤ :

Meet me at the New Cafe after school.

 

???????????

 

__________________________________________________

 

Things are getting better between the two. Will Jungkook make it up to Hana?!

 

Thank you for being patient my loves. Do subscribe, comment and vote. I really appreciate it! Please keep on reading.

 

Love,
Juvy ❤