Promise

TURTLE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“We planned to arrange your marriage”

 

 

Those words kept repeating on Tzuyu's mind the whole time and she's having enough of it. 

 

 

She wanted to marry Elkie, but that was before when they were still okay. It's different now, she has Sana. 

 

 

She really has to fix this quick or else things would get more complicated between her and Sana.

 

 

Well it's already complicated the moment Sana saw her and Elkie together but if Sana finds out about the marriage then things would get harder for Tzuyu to the point that a brief explanation about the whole situation might not help her much with Sana. 

 

 

Knowing that she can't fix any of this alone, Tzuyu took the route leading to her Mina unnie's house.

 

 

She knew that Mina would be the best person to talk to knowing how mature and experienced the latter is in these kind of situations.

 

 

She stepped on the accelerator, wanting to reach her destination as soon as possible because she's already having a hard time on thinking things straight (there's no such thing as straight in her vocabulary anyway) 

 

 

As soon as she reached Mina's house, she immediately stopped the engine and got off her car in an instant, luckily, the gate was open so Tzuyu easily made her way to the front door. 

 

 

She pressed the doorbell continuously, getting more anxious as each second passes and after what it seems like years for Tzuyu, the door opened revealing a shocked penguin. 

 

 

“Tzuyu? What are you doing here?” Mina asked, obviously surprised to see the younger at her doorsteps in this hour yet she actually expected this happen. 

 

 

“Unnie.. I need your help..” Mina had never seen Tzuyu look so troubled before except for the time Elkie left the country to pursue her dreams. 

 

 

“Okay, but let's not talk about it here. Let's go somewhere else” Tzuyu noticed the slight nervousness on Mina's voice and she also took note of the fact that Mina had been looking behind from time to time. 

 

 

“Why? Is something wrong? Why do we need to go somewhere when we could just talk here?” 

 

 

“You see... Sa–”

 

 

“Mina who is i– oh Tzuyu” Momo suddenly popped up behind Mina then she unconsciously glared at Tzuyu. 

 

 

Tzuyu tried avoiding Momo's glare but something caught her attention, she was sure that she heard some faint noise of people talking behind the two but it doesn't sound like it's Krystal nor Jessica. 

 

 

“Do you have any guests?” Tzuyu asked but the two were too busy sending signals to each other which Tzuyu didn't understand, they looked like they're trying to hide something. 

 

 

Tzuyu heard someone call Sana's name from the inside and soon she heard Sana's voice. 

 

 

“Is Sana there?” She asked rather seriously 

 

 

“Uhm...” The couple was taking too long on thinking what to say to Tzuyu and being impatient, Tzuyu slightly pushed her unnies aside and walked passed them to go straight to the living room. 

 

 

“Tzuyu!” Mina wasn't able to stop her anymore because the moment she got hold of the younger's arm, the others already saw them. 

 

 

Tzuyu saw all of her friends together but her eyes only wanted to look at a certain Squishi at the moment, and when she searched for Sana's eyes, she found them already staring at her. 

 

 

Sana and Tzuyu had some staring contest for a whole minute before Sana looked away and started gathering her things. 

 

 

“I need to go..” Sana bid goodbyes to her friends and after receiving a hug from each of them, she started walking towards the door. 

 

 

She felt Tzuyu's warm hand encircling her wrist the moment she walked pass her. 

 

 

“Sana, let's talk. Please let's talk” Tzuyu turned her around to face her and now that Sana's face is more closer to her view, she saw the slight redness on her eyes, a sign that she cried. 

 

 

Tzuyu failed to see this earlier and now that she did, she felt a pang on her chest knowing that she was the reason of it. 

 

 

“Let's just talk about it some other time. It's getting dark, I need to go” Sana blankly said, trying to pry Tzuyu's hold off her but instead of letting go, Tzuyu pulled her in for a hug. 

 

 

“I'm sorry if I made you upset or anything.. but please let's talk. I need to talk to you” 

 

 

Although quite reluctant, Sana pulled away from the hug and tilted her head to the side to avoid Tzuyu's wandering eyes “If this is about Elkie, then we have nothing to talk about anymore. I already know everything starting from your dinner together and also your arranged marriage. I understand, it's fine, everything's fine.” Sana has this unreadable look on her face so Tzuyu doesn't have even the slightest idea on what's going on in Sana's head. 

 

 

“H-how did you..” Tzuyu was shocked, she’s a hundred percent sure that she hasn't told anyone about it yet. 

 

 

“Elkie called me earlier. Now if you excuse me, I need to go” Sana was able to successfully step out the door since Tzuyu was still too busy processing the information on her head to stop her from going. 

 

 

“I'll accompany her” Momo went after her bestfriend and that was the cue for Mina to take her car key. 

 

 

“I'll send them home” Mina wore her jacket before glancing at Tzuyu, “We'll talk once I get back. Wait for me” Tzuyu just answered with a small nod and soon she saw the light coming from Mina's car slowly vanishing from their sight. 

 

 

Tzuyu didn't move an inch and stood still on her spot, still spacing out “It's alright, Tzu. I still don't know the whole story but we're sure that you didn't want any of this to happen. It'll be fine” she heard Chaeyoung said behind her then she felt a hand comfortingly placed on her shoulder. 

 

 

It was really a tough day for her and with all the emotions getting mixed up, Tzuyu felt the tears forming on her eyes. She's known for being strong not just physically but also mentally but with all the things that she went through with today, she felt weak. 

 

 

Tzuyu turned around and rested her forehead on Chaeyoung's shoulder, not wanting to show her friends how fragile she looks like right now. 

 

 

“I've hurt Sana. I messed up.. she's already getting hurt and we're not even officially together yet, what more if we start dating? I always hurt her.. I don't know what to do anymore” Tzuyu lowly whimpered and all that Chaeyoung could do was to pat her head for comfort. 

 

 

Chaeyoung actually find their position funny since Tzuyu was obviously taller than her but she's now leaning her head on the shoulder of the shortest one.

 

 

Jihyo knew that she has to say something so she did “Everything's going to be alright” she wanted to comfort and reassure Tzuyu that things would be fine soon but the latter bolted up and looked at her with hopeless eyes. 

 

 

“How can you be sure of that, unnie? Did you see the look on Sana's face earlier? She hates me now. Maybe she's too good for me... I guess I don't deserve her” Tzuyu was full of doubt, that's what her friends could see on her face. 

 

 

“Stupid Chou” Dahyun pushed Chaeyoung aside and stood in front of Tzuyu, her hands rested on the younger one's shoulders, 

 

 

“You probably said the same thing before when Sana avoided you but what happened? You and Sana fixed the problem right? The both of you even became

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter