7th Day - Doing The Right Thing

first and second

"What "what?". Why do you make it look like I said the opposite thing?" Moonbyul said, confused.

"Unnie, I don't want to have deeper feelings for you and I also don't want you to have deeper feelings for me. It could destroy our friendship eventually so, as soon as possible, let's try to lose these feelings. I already suffered from this and you must have suffered too. Please let's not make "this" a big deal." Wheein explained.

"I understand you. I want this to end too. I'm trying as well. It's the reason why I left. This vacation gave me the opportunity to get away so I did. I needed to not see you for a while at least to have time for myself in hopes that eventually it'll disappear. But I thought maybe I should tell you because it might help me move on if I let things out from my chest." Byul shared.

“Now that you told me, does it feel any less heavy?” Wheein asked.

“I think so.” Byul answered.

It was now the 5th day, 12 midnight.

The two didn’t know what to say anymore. Awkwardness was beginning to arise between them. “Well, I hope we both get over it soon.” Byul said as she shrugged, trying to break the awkwardness.

"Byul-ah", a soft voice spoke behind them. They looked around and they saw Yongsun who hurried to hug Byul. Wheein felt like they were saved by the bell. The awkwardness was unbearable for her. But… here comes another awkward situation for them…

"Byul-ah! Where have you been?! You’re so mean you know. You made us get so worried about you!" Yongsun chuckled.


Byul chuckled at the latter back. "Unnie! I missed you too!"


"Yah! What about me?" Hyejin chuckled and went to hug Byul who was still hugged by Yongsun.

"Oh, Hyejin-ah!" Moonbyul laughed.

Wheein watched them with a smile on her face then joined the group hug.

"Yah! What is with you two, huh?" Yongsun suspiciously smiled at Byul and Wheein, and continued, "I was listening to the two of you the whole time!" she chuckled.

"What? Really?" Wheein and Byulie said simultaneously.

"Hey, it's not my fault that you were talking audibly enough for me to hear you. And I was literally just right next to your cabana. I can't believe you didn't notice me there. Then I went back to wake Hyejin up but she didn't want to get up so I went back here alone. And here I am, letting you know that I heard your conversation" Yongsun said proudly.

"This unnie is really sneaky." Hyejin said with a tiny hint of annoyance in the tone of her voice and continued, “So what did I miss? Before you answer that, can we get inside first? It’s so cold out here.”

They all went inside their rented room and Wheein and Byul told Yongsun and Hyejin about everything. They all agreed to help the two girls to get over with the “thing” they were having. After a few hours of talking and explaining, they all went to sleep.

After 4 hours, the girls started to wake up one by one. Byul went back to her friend, Sunhye to get her things.

“Hey, thank you for everything.” Byul said to her friend, holding the latter’s right hand with her left.

“Don’t mention it" Sunhye chuckled. "Don’t forget about me, okay?”

Byul chuckled too and replied, “Of course! We’ll keep in touch.”

The two hugged for the last time and said their goodbyes.

***