The One

A Work in Progress
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Sonja is pronounced sonya. It's just the German spelling.

____

Sehun and I walked straight to my car without saying a word. I got in the driver's side and took a huge breath, feeling almost frozen in time, like nothing else was moving. I just kept replaying the scene over and over again in my head. Her scent. Her long, straight, dark hair contrasting stunningly against her porcelain skin. And her eyes! Her eyes were a beautiful sparkling hazel, mossy green on the outside and a warm golden honey toward the center. 

"Hyung, if you keep your mouth open like that something will fly in." I chuckled obviously pleased with himself as I snapped my mouth closed. "She's the one, isn't she?"

"I-- yeah. I think so. I've just never seen someone so-- I mean, how do you know?" So many thoughts were going through my head at once. She was human. Which wasn't impossible, but wasn't exactly very likely either. She wasn't like anything I expected. But at the same time she was so much more than I expected. I thought it would be another wolf for sure. I thought I would be older. I wanted to find my mate, just like any other werewolf, but I hadn't exactly been out there searching for her either. Now all of those thoughts were completely gone. Suddenly all I wanted to do was know more about her. She was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen. Is this what it wass like? Was it her? Was she my mate?

"Well I don't know. Why don't you ask Suho hyung when we get to Philly? It's not like the rest of us would know." I nodded in response. "But aren't you, like, supposed to know? Maybe it's not her. It's pretty unlikely that she would be a human and that's definitely what she smelled like."

"Yeah. I guess I'll just wait and ask Suho hyung when we get there. Let's go."

There was music playing the whole drive back but I didn't hear a note. I was completely stuck in my mind. How could this work with a human? With two wolves you would know right away. You would both be able to feel a pull. It was different with every couple of course. Some would mate right away while others date first or even just get to know each other. But a human? I know it's possible. We have heard of wolves finding their mates in humans but no one in my pack or my parents' pack had a human as a mate so I had no idea what to expect. Maybe it wasn't even her. Sonja. Part of me wanted it to be her so badly, but another part was confused and apprehensive. Confused about how this could work. Apprehensive about having a human, fragile, with no wolf instincts and likely no knowledge of our existence, as my mate.

Before I knew it I found myself navigating down the road our pack house was on. Sehun and I had been visiting our parents pack in ia. Most of the guys in our pack had originally come from a different pack that all of our parents were from. When Suho found his mate he decided, along with our old alpha, that he should become the alpha of his own pack. Nine of us left our parents' pack and moved to the outskirts of the Philadelphia area. We weren't directly in the city, maybe fifteen minutes outside, as we prefered a more secluded and wooded area.

I was out of the car half a second after the engine stopped. I just wanted to talk to Suho and get this sorted out now.

"Hyung! Seriously you're not going to help carry in anything?!" I turned to see Sehun whining as he tried to unpack all of the things our parents' pack had sent with us.

"Sorry, sorry. I'll help." I filled each arm with as many bags and boxes as I could manage, determined to make it in one trip. Thankfully, the front door was open before I could reach the front step.

"Oooh, goodies! Which one is for me?" Chen took a few things from me, already trying to rummage through them and find something for himself.

Sehun decided that this would be a great time to cause trouble. "For you? Oh, there isn't anything." He mentioned nonchalantly.

"What?! What do you mean?! I'm sure my mom sent food for me at least! She said she would make cookies and send them! Did you guys--" I stopped listening and rolled my eyes, giving Sehun a look. He returned with a mischievous look of his own.

At that moment, I could not have cared less. I focused my senses to find Suho. Second floor, in the library. Hyesun was there with him too. I haphazardly piled bags all over the kitchen island and countertop before dashing up the stairs and to the library

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter