My Sister

No Way! Never!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I slowly open my right eye when I felt sunlight coming through my window, it's that time of the day again. The time when the battle is on, so I put my blanket over my head and hold onto the edge of my bed, there's no way I'm letting this go.

"Honey, I know what you're doing. You're gonna be late for school." I heard my mom calmly says as she tries to convince me to let go of this battle.

"Mom, please. Just 5 more minutes." I said using my sweet and cute voice, knowing it's my mom's weakness. Who wouldn't be soft for their youngest? Heh.

"Jisoo."

Ok, she's going to let me off this time, I know, cause this always works on her.

"If you want to take the bus for today, then sleep. I'll just tell your dad and your sister that you want to go to school sweaty with crumpled clothes since the bus at this time is packed. If you want to be squeezed instead of sitting like a princess inside Kimmy, then sleep." I heard her leaving my room and then she adds "Breakfast is ready, we'll eat."

I groaned as I realize that my power didn't work on my mom. And then her words replayed in my mind.

Oh God. I got chills just thinking about it, and so I bolt up from my precious bed. I was defeated in this battle, be ready next time mom!

 

"Good morning!" I shout as I go to dining area, where everyone is.

"Good morning, Dad!" I greet my dad and kiss his cheeks and hug him tight.

"Good morning my princess. I thought you’re choosing the bus over Kimmy?" he teases as he puts his newspaper down and looks at me.

"No dad, I'll always choose the best dad ever!"

"Oh come on, what do you want?" my dad asks doubting my sincerity.

"Hmm... Snow globe, the limited edition, the one we saw at the mall last week." I guess, he should really doubt my intentions. Heh.

I then went to the fridge to get our favorite juice and pour everyone's glasses. I place one for dad. Then, for mom while I kiss her head and say "Good morning, Mom!"

"Good morning honey, take a seat now and have your breakfast." I hold two glasses of juice and place them on our table.

I get the toasted bread with strawberry jam spread as I sit beside my sister, the best sister, if I may add. "Good morning, Unnie!" and kiss her cheeks. "Good morning our little Jisoo bear." she says as she hugged me so tight.

You see, I live a very content and happy life. I have such great and loving parents who have provided us with everything we need and ofcourse, with love.

Oh, and they're blessed with two lovely daughters.

 

"Bye dad!" My sister and I bid our dad goodbye when he dropped us off the University.

I am taking up Communication Arts, in the most prestigious university here in South Korea, in the hopes of getting the main anchor spot on the most credible and respectable news program on TV in the future. People say, I could get it. There's no doubt about it since I was born beautiful and smart.

Or so they thought?

I don't really see myself as someone great. I am just an average girl; not so pretty, not so witty. People just tend to assume since I'm her sister.

"Good morning, Ms. Kim." I heard some students greet my sister. "Good Morning." to which my sister return with her breathtaking smile.

That's my sister. She's the most beautiful, most intelligent, warmest and kindest human being on earth. That's why everybody admires and respects her, no exceptions.

We are actually 9 years apart. While I'm still in the university as a second year college student, my sister works as a professor in the Engineering Department. She has always been my role model in everything; my fashion, my studies and precisely just the way I live.

I love her dearly that I want the best for her. I repeat the best.

And not this one.

"Babe!" I heard my not so favorite voice calling his babe in broad daylight. Geez, who in the right mind would call their partner babe outside? Tss.

"Baby." My sister says as he pecks her lips.

Ugh!

His public display of affection towards my sister gets into my nerves. "Hi, Jisoo, our little princess." He says and ruffles my hair as if I'm a puppy. Tss. I bet even dogs wouldn't want to be touched by him.

I just nod and show him my teeth, I mea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter