Maybe I can never fly

Mending Our Hearts

Clash!

"Jimin stop! Please! " Jimin's mother was trembling as Jimin started grabbing anything that his hands could reach and flinging it across his bedroom, shattering mirrors and windows.

Clash! Clash!

"Jimin No! Please stop!" Despite his mother trying to stop him with her tearful plead, he continued.

"Hello! Hoseok? Could you please come over? Jimin.. H-He is throwing things again. I'm sorry." Jimin's mother's only resort is Hoseok, the only one that could calm Jimin down and that Jimin actually listens to.


"It's ok Mrs. Park. I'll be over in a second. Please don't say sorry." Hoseok grabs his car keys and head for the door.

It was a miracle after multiple times that they thought they've lost Jimin when his heart stopped, and that he finally woke up two months later. Just as they thought nothing could have been better than that Jimin survived, it was pronounced that Jimin would likely be paralysed waist down for life and that a wheelchair would be his only means of movement. It was a death sentence for Jimin, he will never be able to walk again not to mention his dream of being a dancer. Hoseok knew better than anyone how Jimin felt.

"Jimin! ENOUGH!" Hoseok held onto Jimin's hand stopping him from throwing a thick hard cover dictionary towards the TV set. Jimin was breathing heavily from his vigorous movements and emotions. At the feel of Hoseok's grip, Jimin burst out into tears. Hoseok knelt in front of Jimin's wheelchair hugging him tightly, Jimin buried his head and crying into Hoseok's embrace. Hoseok did not say anything but held onto Jimin for a long time until his cries turns into sniffles.

"It's not a dead end, Jimin."

"But I'm already dead."

"You are breathing."

"No difference."

"You survived. We did."

"I'm scared hyung."

"Me too. But we've came this far didn't we?"

"But hyung. I can't even get to the bathroom without help. I wanted to feel them, but they are not there!" Tears kept rolling down Jimin's cheek.

"Life is more than that. Things will get better."

"You always say that, but nothing changed." Jimin is getting annoyed at all those positive things others said. It is easy to say these kind of words where you are not the one suffering. Eventhough Hoseok is also a survivor of the tragedy but Jimin did not consider Hoseok as someone that could trully understands him because Hoseok could still walk. They are still different in Jimin's eyes.

A week later. Another episode of tantrum. This time, enough is enough, Hoseok couldn't take it anymore.

"Jimin! Good morning!" Jimin was suprised to find Hoseok beaming brightly in front of his bed one morning.

"Hyung? Wh-What are you doing here?" Jimin still trying to grasp the situation.

"I'm here because we are going somewhere today." Hoseok's arms around and under Jimin's arms, slowly and carefully lifting Jimin up to a sitting position.

"Where?"

"Secret." Hoseok smiled.