Goodbye

Mending Our Hearts

"Hyung! Why are we doing this? Nononononono...HYUNG!!!!!!!!!!!!"

 

"Jungkook-ah! You are the one who dared us to try this! No one is forcing you!"

 

"Hyung! AAAAAAAHHH!!!!!!!!!!" Jungkook is now a crying mess on a 'flying elephant', a supposed kids' ride with little elephant carriage seats for two that spins around a pole that it is attached to, mechanically lifting the seats up and down as it spins, however, their maximum height? Probably just 10 feet above the ground.

 

"Kookie chill! The kids are all looking at you!" Jimin was watching from the ground as Jungkook, together with Taehyung, Seokjin and Namjoon went on the ride. Roller coasters and other fear and adrenaline-inducing rides were off their itinerary, none of them could take those kinds of rides now, but kids' rides are fine, at least, but not for Jungkook, a lesson for getting a little too overconfident. Thus, Jungkook became the joke of the day after that ride, and he swore never to ride it again.

 

Next stop, Safari World. This time is Hoseok's turn to scream, shouting for dear life when a tiger came up to his side of the car window, the glass and bars. However, Taehyung seems to love it so much, fascinated by the big cat, constantly snapping photos of it. Totally mesmerized. 

 

"Jungkook, you alright?" Namjoon spotted the boy rather quiet throughout the whole Safari World ride, wonder if he was still bothered by the 'flying elephant' ride earlier or if their joke about him went overboard. "Yup. I'm fine." Jungkook staring out at the animals, "Still afraid? You're not mad are you?" Namjoon testing the waters. "Nah, why would I? Just thinking about mom, and dad ... and my sister. Dami would love to see these animals." Namjoon with an understanding heart ruffled Jungkook's hair and had his hands on Jungkook's shoulders, giving Jungkook a comforting smile, which Jungkook too smiled meekly in return.

 

"Man! this place is huge, even if we skipped 'those' rides, I still don't think we could cover everything in one day." Hoseok checking out his theme park map before it was snatched away by Jimin.

 

"There's no need to cover everything, just pick the ones you like and enjoy," Yoongi said while and biting into his ice-cream and conveniently passing it to Jungkook and Taehyung to share. Jimin, on the other hand, had a huge fluffy cotton candy that Hoseok insist on buying for him, Jimin now complaints that the huge cotton candy is blocking his view from the wheelchair and he is going to get diabetes from eating all that, their endless bickering is a rather pleasant sight for the others, casting away the shadow of that night where they fought.

 

"Let's grab lunch, there's a pirate parade around 3pm, let's watch that!" Seokjin suggested while checking his watch for the time.

 

"Sure. What do you guys wanna eat?" Namjoon's the first to agree.

 

"Burger." Taehyung signed. These days, Taehyung have been more active in voicing out his opinions, everyone is happy to see that. Especially Seokjin.

 

"Any disagreements? Other suggestions?" Seokjin asked, democracy is what they practice. 

 

With everyone agreeing, all seven of them ended up chewing on burgers for lunch. Jungkook's aunt hated fast food, deeming them unhealthy for consumption, but Jungkook is not going to let her know, he loves his fast food. It was a hearty meal for all. 

 

Then comes 3pm, the highlight of the day, the pirate parade. As most of them are huge fans of Pirates of the Caribbean, any pirates theme related events would fascinate them. All of them along with other theme park visitors are all gathered along the sides of the street, excited for it to start. It was truly thrilling, with music and all the costumes, boots, swords, buccaneer hats, the dancing. It's been a long while since the seven of them has ever participated in any public events, the experience is so new to them, at some point rather overwhelming, but in a good way. Jimin is trying his best to not be negative about the stares he would get; picking up and returning a fallen balloon (non-helium) that had rolled near his wheelchair to a little girl and getting a thank you kiss on his cheek by the toddler really made his day. It wasn't that bad after all. 

 

By the end of the parade, Jungkook, Taehyung, Hoseok and even Jimin is getting into a 'sword' fight, literally. They are selling soft foam pirate swords, and the younger ones of the group just have to get their hands on them. Namjoon and Yoongi, however, called that effective marketing, seeing how their maknaes fall for the gimmick, but nonetheless happy to see them having fun. 

 

"Hyung, tired?" Namjoon sat down on a bench where Seokjin is seated. 

 

"Kinda." Seokjin gave Namjoon a tired smile. 

 

"Me too." Namjoon couldn't agree more. It's already evening, the sun is setting, palettes of orange, yellow, pink and purple painted the evening sky. They've spent the whole day now having fun in the theme park, their exhaustion is a sign for them to call it a day and head back home. 

 

And so, with lots of screams, laughter, junk food, jokes, chats, photos and selfies, their last outing comes to an end, and is time to say goodbye. 

 

Jungkook was 'dragged' home by his aunt after breakfast the next day, reluctant and almost tearing as he left, they had to assure him he is always welcome to visit anyone one of them and they will stay in touch. By noon, Jimin and Hoseok too left for home, thanking Seokjin and the others for their kind hospitality. Only Namjoon, Taehyung, and Yoongi were left at Seokjin's place. 

 

Over dinner, "Hyung, I erm.." Yoongi had something to say. "Yes, Yoongi?" Seokjin passing around the egg rolls while looking at Yoongi. 

 

"Hyung, I'm moving out in two days, the company wants me to stay in their provided trainee dorms." there was a few seconds of silence before Seokjin speaks. 

 

"Oh! That's great! The apartment renting problem all solved!" Seokjin was happy for Yoongi, sincerely.

 

"Hyung, really thank you for everything. Namjoon and Taehyung too. I've never been so happy after 'that' day until I came here, these few weeks here changed me I guess. I'll drop by whenever I'm free." They could tell Yoongi was being a little emotional as he speaks because his voice is a little shaky and breathy. 

 

A week later, Seokjin is the only one left in the house (if you exclude Yeontan of course), as empty as it once was. Namjoon was back in his own apartment and back to his busy teaching post in the language academy while Yoongi had moved into his company's dorm. Taehyung, on the other hand, had gone on a week-long training camp organized by his school. The quietness of the house is familiar yet foreign to Seokjin, hearing only his voice echoing the hallway when he calls out for Yeontan is rather lonely, Seokjin has to agree on that. 

 

 

************

 

 

"Hello? Namjoon?"

 

"Oh hey! Yoongi hyung! How's things going?"

 

"Not bad, still bearable."

 

"So, what's up?"

 

"Oh yeah, I was trying to call Seokjin hyung since last night, but he did not answer my calls, just wondering if you know if he is busy or anything, since you drop by his place fairly often."

 

"Erm I see. I was kinda busy these few days though, anyway, I'm dropping by today, probably just his phone, he dropped it in the toilet some time ago. Haha."

 

"Oh my. Haha. okay. Ask him to call me when you meet him later."

 

"Sure bro."

 

 

************

 

 

Bang! Bang! Bang!

 

"Seokjin hyung!" 

 

Bang! Bang! Bang!

 

"Seokjin hyung! Open the door! It's me, Namjoon."

 

Bang! Bang! Bang!

 

"SEOKJIN HYUNG! ARE YOU THERE?" There's no answer. Namjoon is sure Seokjin does not have any college lectures that day, Seokjin could have gone out, it wasn't anything unusual. It's not the first time Namjoon drops by an empty house, but today was different. Something inside Namjoon is giving him a bad feeling about this, he had no idea what it was, just it does not feel right. Namjoon wants to turn away and leave but he just could not brush away that weird feeling, he is curious, there's something he needs to urgently find out. Call it six sense whatever, Namjoon decides he needs to get into the house and see for himself. Seokjin always left a spare key inside of the mailbox and Namjoon was told about that, Seokjin does allow Namjoon to have access to his house. Namjoon went over to the mailbox and found the spare key where it always has been, retrieved it and opened the house door. 

 

When the door swung open, Yeontan was the first one to come meet Namjoon at the doorsteps.

 

"Hey there buddy!" Namjoon Yeontan's fur, making the puppy extremely happy. It's a warm welcome. But then when he looks inside the house, his weird feelings about it amplified. Yeontan's water bowl and food bowl were overturned, bits and shreds of newspaper litter floor of the living room. It's clearly Yeontan's doing but the odd thing is, knowing Seokjin so well by now, Seokjin will never let the puppy dirty the house to that extent and leave it uncleaned. Looking at the mess, it's definitely not done in just a few hours, Yeontan won't be capable of doing that, there is a clear lapse of time. How long was Seokjin away? 

 

Namjoon went into the house, his heart beating fast for unknown reasons. Namjoon starts to check the house, as he reaches Seokjin's room, the room door was slightly ajar, Namjoon pushes it open. Then, Namjoon's blood went cold. Seokjin was lying on his bed, though at first glance it would look like he was soundly asleep, but his complexion was pale, way beyond what is healthy and normal. Namjoon rushes over to Seokjin, to his horror, Seokjin was unconscious, there were bottles of unknown pills at his bedside table. Namjoon panicked, he bends over to quickly check for Seokjin's pulse. It's there. faint. But it's there. Namjoon almost burst into tears, he couldn't remember if he himself was actually breathing right, because he is gasping for air, he is shaking with fear. 

 

"Oh my god! Hyung! Wake up! Hyung!! No!!" Namjoon tried to shake Seokjin, to wake him up, but Seokjin was pale, cold and not responding. With shaking hands, Namjoon pulled out his phone and dialed the emergency number (119).

 

 

**********

 

 

"Hello. What's your emergency?"

 

"P-please send help, someone ju-just .... su-suicide."