Together

Mending Our Hearts

The night went by peacefully. It was peaceful until the sun rises that is. A loud scream pierced through the quiet and still morning air waking up almost everyone in the house.

 

"Jimin! It's ok! Look at me! Jimin!" Jimin freaks out when he finds himself awaken in a foreign place. Hoseok tries to calm Jimin down. Ever since Jimin was paralyzed, he became really sensitive to his surroundings, probably because he could not move freely as he wishes, everything seems to be a danger threat. He is defenseless.

 

"It's alright Jimin. Hyung is here. You're safe." It took Hoseok some time to finally calm Jimin down and make him realize he is safe and let him know this is the 'secret' that Hoseok was talking about. Namjoon and Seokjin were the first to come and check on them, followed by Jungkook, still half-asleep.

 

"Hey. It's everything alright?" Seokjin walked into the room where Hoseok and Jimin are still lying on the bed.

 

"Ya, Jimin is just confused where he is, since he came in asleep last night." Hoseok said to Seokjin and turned back to Jimin.

 

"Jimin, this is Seokjin-hyung, and hyung, this is Park Jimin.That over there is Namjoon and also Jungkook." Hoseok doing all the introduction while Jimin busy eyeing everyone and taking in all the information.

 

"Hi there. Jimin." Seokjin warmly greeted the boy with a smile. To this, Jimin doubtfully nod in reply

 

"Since we are up. I'll make something for breakfast.You guys can sleep on if you wish, it's still early. I'll let you guys know when breakfast is ready." Seokjin retreating from Hoseok and Jimin's room while shooing Jungkook back to bed. Namjoon then follows Seokjin to the kitchen.

 

"Hyung. I really don't know about this. And you said they are all survivors?" Jimin asked after the room door closes behind them.

 

"Yes. Don't worry. Just take it as a holiday trip. Those guys are a nice bunch." Hoseok assures Jimin.

 

In the kitchen,

 

"Hyung. Do you think Jimin is fine? He seems really ... " Namjoon asked, while they start washing out ingredients for breakfast.

 

"I'm sure he is alright. I would freak out too if I were to just wake up one morning in someone else's house." Seokjin laughed.

 

"It must be hard for Jimin." Namjoon thinking how he himself would feel if he were to end up in a wheelchair like Jimin.

 

"Ya." Seokjin too was thinking the same.

 

***************

 

"Hey! Wake up!" Yoongi opened his eyes to find a middle-aged man in a uniform standing in front of him.

 

"Young man. You can't sleep here like that!" The middle-aged man was an officer in the bus terminal that Yoongi slept through the night on a bench after arriving at Seoul late last night. Yoongi didn't have the money to call a cab and it was late, he didn't feel like he should call Seokjin either so he thought he might as well just stay the night in the bus terminal and find his way to Seokjin's place when daylight comes. It wasn't such a big deal for Yoongi, he had tried sleeping on a park bench at one time when he could not pay his rent.

 

The chilly morning air in Seoul is welcoming despite it being slightly more polluted as compared to where Yoongi came from. Yoongi counted his baggage not wanting to lose one from being stolen while he was asleep, it wasn't much anyways, a rucksack, a guitar, that's about it.

 

Holding Seokjin's address in one hand, Yoongi tries to hitchhike his way to Seokjin's place. It was a good start, he got a ride after just two tries. To Yoongi's surprise, it wasn't exactly such a long ride. In fact, Seokjin's place was quite near to the bus terminal, although not within walking distance per se. Waving a grateful goodbye to the friendly old lady that offered him the free ride, Yoongi arrived at the doorsteps of Seokjin's place. He is getting nervous, he didn't know what to expect. Yena's voice ringing in his ears.

 

'It'll be ok, silly.'


Mouthing to that under his breath repeatedly, Yoongi rang the doorbell.

 

"Who's there?" Yoongi heard footsteps from the inside and a voice he thought he'd heard it before, and the door swung opened.

 

"Min Yoongi?!" Seokjin was so surprised to see Yoongi that he actually hugged Yoongi without a second thought. Yoongi though shocked at Seokjin's actions did not pull away but let Seokjin embrace him. Something made Yoongi wanted to cry, but he held back his tears. It felt like he is finally home after a long and lonely venture in a faraway land.

 

"Oh my god. Min Yoongi! I thought you weren't coming!" Seokjin overly excited.

 

"Well. I was caught up with something." Yoongi is a liar. The real reason? He took too long contemplating.

 

"Come in, the others are waiting." Seokjin took hold of Yoongi's hands and almost dragged him into the house. All he knew the next minute were many pairs of eyes staring at him. The attention he's getting is much more than the audience he sang for at the pubs back in his hometown. That's a whole new experience for Yoongi. 

 

"Hey guys! Meet Min Yoongi!" Seokjin introduces, while the others all having their breakfast at the kitchen table looked up. 

 

"H-h-hi." Yoongi stutter.

 

"Hi! I am Kim Namjoon." Namjoon did a little wave with his hands and shows his dimple smile. 

 

"Hello! Yoongi-hyung! I'm Jungkook." Jungkook's mission is to get close to everyone in the shortest time. 

 

"Hi. You can call me Hoseok." Hoseok saying with his mouth still full with his big bite of toast.

 

"Jimin." Jimin said in a really soft voice.

 

As expected, Taehyung did not answer, although everyone was looking his way. Of course, it's not like Taehyung could say his name, but Taehyung continues chewing on his food while staring at his own plate. 

 

"That's Taehyung." Seokjin added on. 

 

"Oh. H-hello. I'm Yoongi." Yoongi shyly made a light bow to everyone. Awkward.

 

"Breakfast?" Namjoon asked, inviting Yoongi to join them. 

 

"S-sure." Yoongi is hungry, the breakfast on the table is way too tempting to reject even though he is so shy at the moment that he wishes he could just get out of all the attention. 

 

None of them talked much over the breakfast, only occasionally Seokjin or Namjoon would question some of them about what are they currently doing, Jungkook would say some weird things that everyone would take it as what a curious teen does best and Seokjin cracking up some silly jokes to lighten the mood. Overall, it wasn't that bad, they are trying to get used to each other's company.

 

"Since some of you had never been to Seoul. I say why not we have a little tour around the city?" Seokjin suggested. Most of them welcome the idea or simply did not disagree, except for Jimin. After the breakfast, Jimin pulled Hoseok to aside.

 

"Hyung. I don't want to go on the tour." Jimin lowered his voice, not wanting others to hear.

 

"Why?" 

 

"I don't think I should..." 

 

"Because you don't want to trouble others or that you are afraid of the stares the public will give you?" Hoseok could read Jimin's mind. The answer, both.

 

"Listen Jimin. You are never a trouble to anyone, and there is nothing to be afraid about even when people stare at you. Who cares if they think negative of us, thoughts don't bite." Being together since they were kids, Hoseok knew Jimin all too well. 

 

"But hyung. I..." 

 

"He's right you know." Namjoon's voice from behind almost made Hoseok and Jimin jump.

 

"Sorry for eavesdropping, but you guys are still kinda loud. Hoseok-hyung is right though. Let others say and think what they want, it just shows how shallow they are from their actions. And I love having you guys with us. Our tour would be so much fun!" Namjoon pat on Jimin's shoulders and walked off in a happy mood. 

 

"Jimin-hyung!Hoseok-hyung! Aren't both of you getting ready for the tour?" Jungkook already in his jacket and jeans looking at the both with a cheery smile.

 

Jimin is defeated.