Hello

Mending Our Hearts

"Hello!" Namjoon was surprised to see a young teenage boy beaming brightly at him and greeted him when he opens the door. Behind the boy stood a lady, Namjoon deduced at a glance that she was probably in her late forties or early fifties.

 

"H-Hello. You are?" Namjoon wasn't quite sure who the boy is.

 

"Jeon Jungkook. Nice to meet you!" Running through the guest list in his head in high speed, Namjoon finally arrived at 'Jeon Jungkook', one of the youngest survivors besides another 3-year-old girl that the media deemed the miracle baby that survived the crash.

 

"Ah! Yes. Jeon Jungkook. Welcome!" Namjoon led both Jungkook and the lady into the house. Namjoon then turned to the lady.

 

"And you are?"

 

"I'm Yoo Mikyung, Jungkook's aunt and his legal guardian."

 

"Oh. I see. Thanks for letting Jungkook join our gathering." Namjoon not sure what to say because he could see she was somewhat uneasy or perhaps worried.

 

"Are you Mr. Kim Seokjin?" Jungkook's aunt asked.

 

"Oh No no. I am Kim Namjoon. Kim Seokjin is him." Namjoon pointing at Seokjin that have just came out from the kitchen to greet them.

 

"Kim Seokjin-ssi. You are the organizer of this event?"

 

"Yes ma'am."

 

"May I have a word with you?"

 

"Sure." Both of them went to a quiet corner of the kitchen and started to discuss something that Namjoon was curious of but refrained himself from intervening while Jungkook, excited as he could be, stares at Taehyung sitting on the couch in the living room. Taehyung looked up and met Jungkook's eyes but quickly turned back to the little whiteboard that Seokjin got for him so that he could use it to write what he wanted to say or simply for him to doodle whatever he wants with it. And Taehyung is just drawing circles on the board as Jungkook approaches him.

 

"Hello. Ermm... I am Jeon Jungkook." Taehyung did not respond, more circles forming on the whiteboard.

 

"What are you drawing?" Jungkook asked again, wonder if the other boy would respond this time. Again, no.

 

"What's your name?" Third try.

 

"Kim Taehyung." Namjoon answered instead.

 

"Oh." Jungkook turned to Namjoon.

 

"Don't worry. Taehyung is just a little shy. He's two years older than you." Namjoon introduces Taehyung to Jungkook.

 

"Oh. Taehyung-hyung." Jungkook turned back to Taehyung and called out, smiling. Jungkook almost happy to make a new friend although Taehyung did not respond to him at all.

 

Meanwhile in the kitchen corner,

 

"I have to be honest with you, I wasn't in total agreement to send Jungkook here for this gathering thing, but Jungkook insisted he wanted to come. I know it must be hard for all of you and probably you guys might think this gathering is something that might help encourage all of you, but Jungkook isn't stable, both mentally and physically. I'm not sure how much you know about him, but by the way he walks I guess you can somewhat guess. That poor boy lost his whole family and has been through multiple surgeries for his head, I just don't want any more harm to be caused. If you understand where I am coming from."

 

"I understand."

 

"I just wanted him to be healthy and happy."

 

"Jungkook is a strong boy and there must be a reason why he wanted to come. I believed Jungkook knows what he is doing. Everyone here has been through hell, none of us would want to hurt anyone further."

 

"I'll leave Jungkook in your hands. Please contact me if anything happens."

 

"I will. Thank you for trusting us and trusting Jungkook."

 

Jungkook's aunt left after hugging Jungkook goodbye and reminded him to take his medication.

 

"Ok boys! It's getting late, let's all wash up and have some rest. We can have more fun tomorrow!" Seokjin announced, especially directing it to the two young ones.

 

"Namjoon, Tae. Go wash up and get some rest, I'll help Jungkook settle." Seokjin, being the eldest of the bunch instructed.

 

"So... Jeon Jungkook right? How are you doing?" Seokjin turned to Jungkook after sending off the other two.

 

"Good." Jungkook replied with a smile.

 

"That's great. Your aunt told me about your condition, so I just want you to know that if you are not feeling well, you can always let any one of us know. Ok? I hope you enjoy your stay here." Seokjin ruffled the boy's hair.

 

"Ok." Jungkook was a little stunned, the last time someone ruffled his hair was his mom. It felt warm.

 

"Alright, you can have your shower after Taehyung is done, I'll make your bed." Seokjin carried Jungkook's baggage into Taehyung's room which the two boys will share because there is an extra bed in that room. Jungkook was left standing in the living room still slightly taken aback by the hair ruffling gesture until he was snapped out of his daze when the doorbell rang for the second time that day.

 

"Don't worry. I'll get it." Seokjin came rushing past Jungkook and headed for the door.

 

"Hi. Is this Kim Seokjin's place?" A young man almost Seokjin's age or perhaps younger asked politely.

 

"Yes. This is."

 

"I am Jung Hoseok."

 

"Oh Hi! Welcome!"

 

"Thanks. But could you help me for a bit? I need to get my friend Jimin out of the car." Hoseok and Seokjin both turned to a car parked just in front of the house and saw a boy asleep in the front passenger seat.

 

"Sure."

 

"Could you take out the wheelchair from the boot while I carry him?" Seokjin quickly moved to get the wheelchair out of the car boot and placed it in front of Hoseok as he gently carries Jimin out of the car and placed him in the wheelchair. Jimin is still asleep when Hoseok pushed him into the house and Seokjin follows behind with their bags.

 

Hoseok's eyes met Jungkook's and recognize the boy almost instantly.

 

"Oh my gosh. It's you!"

 

"You guys know each other?" Seokjin too was surprised.

 

"Of course! I found him and his si.... I found him on the plane after it happened." Hoseok almost forgot the news about Dami's death. Jungkook, however, doesn't seem to remember Hoseok, judging from his puzzled expression.

 

"But I guess you wouldn't remember me, you are severely injured at that time." Hoseok smiling and assuring Jungkook is fine if he doesn't remember.

 

"Is your friend alright?" Seokjin whispered, not wanting to wake Jimin up.

 

"Ya, he is fine. He gets tired easily, and probably because of the meds he took. We had a long day on the road." Hoseok staring at his sleeping friend. He wished with this 'secret', Jimin will get better.