Ep 1

Who

“Good morning mom.. appa..” Seungri  greets as he enters the dining room.

His father is reading news as any typical fathers in drama always do and his mother is preparing the toast for them. They smile at Seungri as he sits, grabbing some toast that had been ready.

“How are you today? Are you feeling good?” Seungri’s mom asks though she knows the answer will always be the same.

“I’m good. I’m feeling excited to work today, it is my first day!” seungri says excitedly and smiles brightly as his mom just nod.

“As if every day is your first day.” Seungri’s father says and makes them laugh.

*

“Good morning all.” Seungri greets all the other people as he steps in to the café. The other mumbles at him and some wave at him.

“Morning ri-ah.” It’s Seunghyun hyung, the owner of the café. He ruffles Seungri hair that makes the younger groans.

“Stop it hyung. You’re making him uncomfortable.” And now it is Daesung, his cousin, another owner of the café. Seunghyun says they share money to open up the cafe.

Seungri always curious about these two. They are too good to be only friends. They sometimes argue and not talk to one another for days. sometimes Seungri caught Daesung is pouting when Seunghyun talks to people for too long, especially girl.

Aren’t they like lovers?

“I’m going to help the others to clean.” Seungri excuses himself. Somehow, he feels something. He is jealous.

Not because Seunghyun might be Daesung boyfriend, and the other ways round. He’s totally fine if Seunghyun going out with Daesung. He is jealous because he feels he is not complete. Something is missing.

Someone is missing.

*

Jiyong doesn’t know where he is heading to, but somehow, he reaches random café.

“May I take your order?” A petite girl with a nametag ‘SONIA’ greets him as he reaches the counter.

He smiles at her as he can see she’s blushing.

“One caramel macchiato.” he says. Sonia taps on the screen before asking, “Do you want to add anything? We have cakes, macaron and even cookies.”

He looks at the cakes and all, they look nice, but he not feels to eat them today. Maybe next time he will. But,

“Strawberry cake please.” That person favourite.

“Then it give total of 11$. Ok, here is your buzzer. Please come to the counter when it buzzes.”

He looks around the café to look for empty seat and choose the seat near the window.

His phone vibrates, it is message from Youngbae. He is reminding Jiyong on the meeting in Jeju the day after tomorrow. He sends ‘Ok’ as a reply. Youngbae always nag like a mother he is when people don’t respond to him.

His buzzer buzzes. He walks to the counter. Jiyong gives back the buzzer to the worker without looking at him. He is too occupied with his phone. Youngbae sends him another message, informing him the place for him to stay and so on.

Is he Jiyong’s secretary or what?

“Here you order sir. One caramel macchiato and strawberry cake.” The worker says.

Jiyong eyes search for the owner of the voice. He knows that voice.

His heart beat faster that he feels like it gonna explode soon and his eyes become teary. Is it him? fate must not be kidding to him, right? He meet him, it’s him. after 4 years..

Finally, he finds him.

“Ri…”

*

“Oppa, can you please take this order? I have stomachache.” Sonia says as she gives a small piece paper with order to Seungri.

She knows that she can’t defeat Seungri puppy eyes, but she still do it as she pleads.

“Why is it so sudden?” Seungri says playfully and takes the order from Sonia.

“The guy is so handsome just now oppa. I’m giving you chance. Oh noo.. I gotta to go.”Sonia says and runs to the toilet at the back of the café.

Seungri chuckles before prepared the order. He then presses a button to call the owner of the order.

The first though that come across his mind when the customer walks to the counter is how he can be so perfect. Sonia is right saying he is handsome.

The said person is so occupied with his phone. Maybe his girlfriend sends him something.

Girlfriend? Why the thought of the customer has a girlfriend make Seungri feels bleed? ‘Stupid’. He said to himself.

“Here is you order sir. One caramel macchiato and strawberry cake”. Seungri says.

Weird.

It so weird when the customer looks at him. His hand that was about to reach for the cup stop.

Seungri narrows his eyes as he sees the other person eyes start to become teary.

And when he was about to ask what wrong, that person says something that make his heart hurt. It pounds so hard and makes him gapes.

“Ri…”

That way he says that. The look in his eyes. His hand tries to reach for Seungri. Seungri can hear someone voice calling him like that, ‘Ri..’

Seungri takes a step back as he still tries to control his breath.

But he can’t.

He can’t. He doesn’t like this feeling. He’s confuses.

So he runs. He runs. and runs.

*

“Ri…” Jiyong reaches out his hand. But Seungri steps back.

No, Seungri can’t be angry at him when he the one who when missing without clue.

“Ri… no, you’re not going to walk away like this.” Jiyong raises his voice. He doesn’t care for what people will say.

But it seems like Seungri doesn’t heard him as he turns around and run.

He runs.

No! jiyong won’t let him. “No, you cannot enter this area sir.” One of the workers says.

“I don’t care. Move!” Jiyong reaches for the doorknob.

“I need to get Seungri. Move aside!” Jiyong shouts. But, the worker is stronger than him as he stands still at the door.

“The backdoor.” Jiyong mumbles to himself and runs out the café before speeds to the back side of the café.

He sees Seungri is getting into a car. “Seungri!” he shouts, hoping that Seungri won’t go but before he can get to Seungri, the car drives off.

He tries to run after the car, but soon his knees give up. He kneels on the road.

In the empty road, alone.

“!”

Why must today the day he choose to use train and leaves his car at the company. Why must today he send offs his driver home early? Why today he meet Seungri?

Wait, isn’t it is great that he meets Seungri? He misses him, doesn’t Seungri misses him? Why he runs away? where he had been? Why Seungri looks so afraid? Too much questions.

Jiyong is more than ready to forgive Seungri for leaving at whatever reason it was. He ready to apologize to Seungri if what happened because of him. He is more than willing to move on and forget all the pain but with Seungri by his side.

He wants him to come back to his arms. He wants him to complete his life like before. He needs him like any lover need their another half. He just wants him back.

Seungri can’t be mad at Jiyong when he the one who disappear. Seungri can’t be angry at him when Jiyong tried to search for him. He knows he should search harder, but he can’t when Seungri went missing without trace. Seungri can’t be mad at him because he decided to leave Seoul.

He even wonders, was that 5 months together real or only his beautiful dreams.

“SEUNGRI!” the wounds in his heart bleed again. He finally meets him again but that person chooses to run away. who’s to blame? Who fault is this happening? And at that moment, Jiyong decides he won’t give up. He won’t let Seungri go away this time around.

*

He feels his head throbbing. Seungri tries to recall what happen.

Flashback on what happened at the café comes to him. He doesn’t know why he ran away. he only remember he’s beg to Seunghyun to send him home.

The way the stranger calls his name repeat loudly in his ear. It feels like he can hear that stranger whispers to him. He runs to the toilet and puke.

He can hear some happy laughter in his mind. Flashback. That what it is. Is it his laugh?

He pukes again. He can’t see who is laughing but he can hear it. They are happy, so happy in one another arms.

He gets himself into the shower and let the water calm him.

‘it is not a flashback. It just my imagination. Stop it.’ Seungri says to himself. But, the more he denies, the more his head throbbing. He groans.

He cries in the shower. He never felt this way. Happy, sad, guilty, pressure. All combine as one make him frustrated. He tries to control his breath to come back to normal. He’s so confused.

“Who are you?” he says as he looks at his reflection before kneels under the flowing water.