Chapter 1

His Substitute Wife

 

Chapter 1:

 

“Ju Ji Hyun”

 

Ju Ji Hyun hurriedly turns her head wearing her heartwarming smile, knowing the owner of that voice, she immediately turns her back, waving in one hand, while the other hand is busy holding the pail in her hand.

 

She was busy selling fish, in one and only port here in their village,

 

Yoo In Na, her bestfriend, eyed her, she looks disgusted as she narrowed her eyes from her head to feet, in which she didn’t bother either way.

 

“What’s with your dress?! Gosh!” In Na flips her hair, rolled her eyes as disgusted was all written in her lovely face.

 

Indeed, her best friend is a queen diva, beside of her family name, their family was well-known in the village, he has a one of the kind beauty that stands out in their place, plus the way she dress always looks like a head turner, she would passed the category of a city girl, woman in their small village.

 

“Dear, can you at least dress like a woman?” In Na hissed, she stomped her feet in annoyance, no poised, yes, but she was pissed, seeing her only best friend looks like a lady with ten kids, pisses her off. “Where the dresses I gave on you?” In Na asks Ji Hyun.

 

Ji Hyun just shrugs her shoulder, she wrinkle her nose, “it’s too classy, not fitted here in selling fish you know” she smiled.

 

“OH God!” In Na sighed heavily.

 

“Hey! Relax In Na, besides I’m more comfortable with this” Ji Hyun explained.

 

In Na, rolled eyes again, seeing her wearing an almost patchy ragged dress she certainly passed the category of— In Na sighed again, just thinking the idea makes her pissed literally.

 

Ji Hyun smiled, she looks at her best friend telling she was fine.

 

Unlike In Na, Ji Hyun is less fortunate, she grew in the family where in order to eat three times a day, you have to work hard for it.

 

At the early age, Ji Hyun knew how to work senselessly in order to help her mother in their household, her dad died when she was even remember him, leaving them together with her mom and two younger siblings alone.

 

“Have you eaten?” In Na asks concern.  “The fisherman told me your too busy selling fish here.”

 

“I’m good. I already eaten before I left home” Ji Hyun said, her angel like voice was really soothing to hear.

 

In Na eyes narrowed again. “What exactly time you left your house Ju Ji Hyun? You can’t lie to me, I know you better than anyone else here” she said

 

Ji Hyun just demurely laughed on her statement.

 

“See?! I know exactly the way your smart brain works,” she said. “You walk from here aren’t you?” she accused.

 

For somehow, up until now, it seems mystery how Ji Hyun and In Na became best of friends, aside from their social status in life, their personalities were both different in extent levels.

 

“It’s not far here” Ji Hyun smiled.

 

“NOT FAR?!” In Na shouted, many people turns their head on them. “What exactly is not far on you Ju Ji Hyun? Do you have any idea how far your house here is in port? Do you?” she exclaimed shaking her head. “I don’t exactly understand the way you thinks Ji Hyun” she sighed heavily. “And it’s too dangerous to walk alone in the middle of the dark places.” She added.

 

“But I’m fine. And our village is safe and danger free” Ji Hyun reasoned out.

 

“That’s exactly what I’m always keeps telling her”

 

From their behind, a deep baritone voice catches their attention, making them turn their heads, only to see Park Hae Jin, standing, both hands on his pocket as he walks like a model in the middle of the port.

 

“What are you doing here?” Yoona narrowed her eyes on him.

 

 “You’re mom asks me to give you this” he handed a small basket on Ji Hyun.

 

“You came in our house?” Ji Hyun asks.

 

“Yeah. I was planning to pick you up, only to find out that you already here.” He said.

 

Park Hae Jin, their guy best friend; just like In Na, Park Hae Jin come from the well-known family too. He’s rich just like In Na.

 

“Tsss” In Na rolled her eyes on him, they usual cat and dog fight never be gone since ages had passed.

 

“Have you eaten?” Hae Jin asks.

 

“I already asked her that” In Na intervene.

 

“Maybe after I sell all of this” Ji Hyun said smiling.

 

Having friends like them is more than anything for Ji Hyun. She was so lucky to have two best friend like them who always have their backs to her.

 

“Okay. Then I buy it all” Hae Jin said.

 

Ji Hyun narrowed her eyes on him, not pleased on his suggestion.

 

“Okay. Okay. You don’t have to look at me that way. I’ll just help you sell this” he said smiling. “But before that, eat first, let this in charge with me okay?” he said getting the pail of fish in her hand.

 

“And I help you in eating” Yoona smiled. “Let’s not give him any” she said rolling her eyes over Hae Jin, in which he only chuckled.

 

In Na started pulling Ji Hyun, as they both reach the small table in the corner.

 

.

.

.

 

“So where are you going next?” In Na asks, her arms were circling in Ji Hyun arms, both walking outside the port.

 

On their back was Hae Jin who holding the empty pail in hand.

 

“Hmmm. I’ll go in wet market, Mrs. Jin offered me to be the storekeeper of her vegetable store during mornings” Ji Hyun happily smiled.

 

Shocked written all over In Na’s faced. “Really?” she asks. “Wait how many works you have during a day?” she asks curiously.

 

“Hmmmm.” Ji Hyun mentally counts on it. “I have four part time jobs here” she beams.

 

In Na lips parted. “And you told me you recently became Mrs. Park’s son tutor right? That makes it five?” she said almost not believing.

 

“Yes.” She said happily. 

 

“How can you manage it all?”

 

“Ji Hyun, you should take care of yourself too.” Hae Jin interjected.

 

“But I’m fine, besides all the works I have so far were easy jobs. See? I’m healthy as a cow” she beams.

 

In Na sighed heavily. “Why you just can’t dad’s offer?”

 

Ji hyun shake her head. “I just can’t leave mom here, you know that. She’s sick, and I am the only one who can properly took care of her”

 

“You’re brother and sister can take good care of her”

 

“But they’re still young to do that part, they have to study hard.” Ji Hyun reasoned out.

 

“aiiigooo!” In Na taps her shoulder gently. “We’re here okay?” she smiled.

 

“I know” Ji Hyun smiled.

 

“c’mon! I’m taking you both in your home” Hae Jin said.

 

.

.

.

 

 

“Thank you” Ji Hyun said smiling towards her two friends, though their house is miles away from the market place, Jae Hin and In Na keeps visiting her, in fact, they spent most of the time together three enjoying the natural resources in the surroundings, like swimming in the lake near their small house, trekking and so.

 

 

Since Ji Hyun house is located right in the middle of the forest, in which is safe, since it was stored and well keep, their source of family income is planting, aside from Ji Hyun side lines.

 

Life, is never been easy for Ji Hyun, but despite of hardship she had encountered in life, she always have a positive outlook on life, in which what her friends truly admire towards her.

 

Ji Hyun smiled again, she waves her hand as she started a hour of walk towards their house, on the other hand, Hae Jin was intently looking at her, he smiled seeing how she looks happy and contented she was, In Na on the other hand was staring at him, pain passed quickly in her eyes but quickly gone the moment Hae Jin looks at her, annoyed expression quickly covered her.

 

“What?!” she hissed.

 

“Where do I take you?” he asks,

 

“Just take me in our ancestral house” she said.

 

“It’s far from here missy” Hae Jin complaint.

 

“So?” In Na hissed under her breathe.

 

Of course, she knows it, it just her way of buying time to be with you, but she will never say that, this is one of her secret keep on herself, that even her best friend Ji Hyun didn’t know.

 

In Na loves Hae Jin, but the fact that Hae Jin loves Ji Hyun hurts her badly. But never in her mind has she hated her best friend from that, despite of knowing that Hae Jin love Ji Hyun, she still loves her best friend so much.

 

And what she felt for her guy best friend, was nothing towards the tied knotted on her and Ji Hyun bond to each other, she likes a sister to a different parents, though not blood related, but their heart, souls and mind saying it.

 

More than the blood connection.

 

“Can I just take you in your mansion?” Hae Jin suggested.

 

“Nope. I have to visit our farm there” In Na said straightly.

 

“Fine. Fine. But we have to go in the nearest gasoline station.” He said as he maneuvered his car. “And you pay for the gasoline”

 

“Such an !” In Na hissed. “So ungentle man!”

 

Hae Jin shrugs.

 

In Na rolled her eyes on him.

 

 

Upon arriving on their small house, Ji Hyun see the house chores waiting for her, their dishes are all in their small sink, trashes including dirty and cleaned clothes are in the floor, she smiled as she started picking and separating it.

 

Humming while doing the chores, her mother walks slowly in her.

 

“You’re home, have you eaten?” she asks her eldest.

 

“Mom, you should take a rest, why are you here?” she greeted her mom.

 

Her mom eye’s becomes apologetic the moment she saw how messy their home was.

 

“I’m sorry, I should be the one whose doing these all. I know your tired of work” her mom said.

 

Ji Hyun smiled, as she hugs her sick mom, “mom I’m fine okay? You don’t have to worry about me.” She assured. “And this—“as she points all the messy things “it’s nothing compared to me.” She beams.

 

“I’m sorry” her mom says again. “You shouldn’t experience all of these—ahuh.. ahuh” her mom started coughing again,

 

Ji Hyun help her go inside her room, “I told you mom, and you stayed in your bed, dust in not well on you remember” she smiled as she help her lie in her small bed.

 

“Ji Hyun—“her mom hold her arm stopping her from leaving. Her lips tremble as she open and close , forming a thin line.

 

Ji Hyun eyebrow twitch, curious for every time her mom become like this, she seems wanted to say something, but stops before she could ever start it.

 

Her mom sighed.

 

“Mom, just rest okay? I’ll cook an extra soup today, Mrs. Jin spared me oysters” she beams. 

 

Her mom smiled.

 

“I’m home!”

 

From outside, Ji Hyun heard her younger brother’s voice, hurriedly she went outside and saw the handsome face of her brother.

 

“noona! You’re early” Jae Hyun, her brother said.

 

“I’ll just came here, I’ll be back in Mrs. Park house for you know, tutor stuff and house help.” She smiled as she continue preparing for their food.

 

“Tsss..” Jae Hyun snatched the knife and the ingredients in her hands, “you should ask me to pick these in the market” he said, starting the cutting of vegetables.

 

“But I know you’re tired from school.” Ji Hyun said “and besides—wait, what happen to this?” she asks the moment she notice the small cut in his lips.

 

Jae Hyun moved his face away on her hand, “it’s nothing noona” he said.

 

“are you engaged in fight?” she asks concerned.

 

Jae Hyun shrugs, “my classmate didn’t paid me in exact amount we talked about, I made his project. But he refused to paid me in how much we agreed that’s why”

 

“Jae Hyun--” Ji Hyun voice was in warning tone. “How many times do I have to warn you about this?”

 

“noona, no harm done okay? Besides I have to earn money too. It’s not like we have to burden all to you.”

 

“But you all not a burden to me, your my family, and it’s my responsibility since I am the eldest” she said.

 

“But I’m the only man here—“Jae Hyun interjected. “I have to do my part too” he added.

 

“Little drama?” So Yeon said, rolling her eyes, both hands on her chest. “I’m starving. We don’t have any to eat?” she snobbishly asks.

 

“tss. Can’t you see? We’re just in the middle of preparing your highness” Jae Hyun sarcastically said the last words.

 

“Whatever! Just make it fast!” she said stomping her feet as she quickly went to her room.

 

--

 

“unnie, can you give me a money? I have to buy new sets of clothes were having a night party” So Yeon said.

 

Jae Hyun eyebrows twitch, he looks at his sister irritated, “you seriously asking for money for nonsense thing?” he said fiercely.

 

“It’s not nonsense! I need it! All my classmates will go, they will be wearing elegant dresses and how about me? I just can’t go there wearing old dresses!” she complaint.

 

“Then don’t go” Jae hyun hissed.

 

“NOOO!! I want to go too. That’s an annual party in our school” So Yeon yelled.

 

“It’s not necessarily to go!” Jae Hyun said. “You’re grades will never be affected whether you go or not! “

 

“Nooo. I’m going”

 

“tsss.. What are you? Feeling rich? You just wanted to socialite with other rich people in our school, c’mon! Don’t be a social climber!” Jae Hyun angrily hissed.

 

“You’re just jealous because I’m popular in school”

 

“Ooh really? All you did is to have some fun, going out here and there, what’s so jealous on you?”

 

“Okay. You two enough with that okay?” Ji Hyun intervened. “unnie will give you money, okay, don’t fight with your brother” she assured. “Jae Hyun stops this okay, we are in the middle of eating, you both respect the food,” she said looking at her younger siblings.

 

“Noona!” Jae Hyun complaint.

 

“Whatever. Whether you like it or not, I’m going” So Yeon stated. “I need that money noona” So Yeon said firmly before storming out in the dining.

 

“tssss..” Jae Hyun looks at her fiercely.

 

But it seems So Yeon didn’t mind it, instead, she rolled her eyes on him before leaving.

 

“You don’t have to do that Ji Hyun, I’ll talk to your sister” their mom said.

 

“No mom, it’s fine. Don’t worry about it.”

 

 

 

The next morning, Ji Hyun went earlier than usual in the market, after selling all the fish in the port, Ji Hyun went straight to the market, which her next job is waiting.

 

“Ji Hyun you’re early” the old store owner smiles on her.

 

Ji Hyun smiled sweetly. “Yes. I have to finish packing as soon as possible, Mr. Go needs a hand in his store too” she said.

 

“What a very industrious kid! I hope my kids are like you.”

 

Ji Hyun smiled again before starting all the goods she needs to pack.

 

 

 

“Thank you for the good work” Mrs. Shi said once Ji Hyun finished all the packing, giving the payment for the day, Ji Hyun smiled. She bowed her head

 

“Thank you” she beams turning her body as she decided to go.

 

Ji Hyun was about to go in her next part time, when she saw a woman wearing an all-black corporate attire standing so proudly not so far from her, looking straight on her with no written emotions on her face, her face was blank, she intently looking at her right through her eye glasses, though she was wearing a business attire, her elegance was shouting for dominance, her hair tied up so neatly, and she seems so snobbishly the way she looks. Late to realized that the woman catches so many attention in this wet market, seems not fitted on the place. She’s indeed out of place!

 

The woman still looking at her, Ji Hyun brows furrowed more when the woman started walking on her, the ticking of her hills were deadly same how the intensity of her stare giving her.

 

The moment she stops her track right in her front, the woman glared at her, rude it was.

 

“uhhmm, you need anything miss?” Ji Hyun asks, confused the way she stared or more so glared at her.

 

The woman lips parted, surprised on what she said.

 

“Excuse me miss” Ji Hyun said again.

 

Adding the surprise reaction on the woman face, but she quickly recovered as her face went back from her usual blank face, her one eyebrow twitch, she looks at her mockingly.

 

“Ji Hyun! You forgot this!” Mrs. Shi running on her.

 

“Oh! I’m sorry! Thank you” Ji Hyun beams.

 

“ohh you’re friend?” as Mrs. Shi notices the woman in their front.

 

“Uhmm—no—“

 

“Wow! you seems working on a very huge company? Are you here to ask Ji Hyun to work with you? That’s great indeed!” the old woman giggled. “You know, this kid is very hard working, I saw her grow in our village and she’s indeed kind and smart.” The old woman said. “Don’t worry about your mom and siblings, we will take good care of them.” She beams.

 

“Granny, that’s not what you think—“

 

“Is that so” the woman sweet yet dangerously stern voice makes JI Hyun stops from talking. “You seems to know this woman too much grandmother” she asks.

 

“Of course! I saw her born, my sister was the one who took in charge when her mother is in labor with her” she added.

 

“I see” the woman looks at her,

 

But the way she looks at her say something different, her stare was menacing, as if she found something amusing on her part.

 

“Sorry for the trouble, I mistook you for someone else” she said, she bowed her head before storming out of the place.

 

With large, heavy and fast walking, Suzy hurriedly get her phone as she dialed someone’s number

 

“Investigate for someone right now pronto! I’ll send the details.” She said, before ending the call.

 

She stops from walking as she looks on the market place where she was earlier, immediately Suzy scroll her phone again, and in just one ring the other line answered.

 

“I saw her. But we have to discuss something”

 

 

 

 

“Drinking again?” Kim Bum leans his back in the island counter of this expensive bar that him and his best buddies usually hanging out from ages now.

 

It was not usual to him to talk, yet whenever he opens his mouth to speak, the only things coming from it were pure stink, foul and offensive words.

 

Lee Min Ho, just shrugs.

 

“Why am I surrounded by moron friends?” he asks again, facing the bartender in the counter as he ask for his drink. “IL Woo was there drinking his out, Wooyoung is right in the corner, Seung Gi was s  and you—what’s the matter now dude?”

 

But Min Ho didn’t utter words, instead he drink his whiskey straight.

 

“Your wife isn’t it?” Kim Bum said, seeing how Min Ho stops for a while he clearly know the answer.

 

Lee Min Ho continue drinking his whiskey.

 

“You still looking for her?” he asks, he plays with his wine in his glass.

 

Min Ho just stared at him.

 

“So you still” he said. “After everything? Isn’t it clear to you everything? You still want her in your life? Just really?”

 

“Our daughter needs her” Lee Min Ho said, there is a pain crossed in his words, though he quickly covered it by drinking his whiskey.

 

“Your daughter or you?” Kim Bum said. “You still love her despite of everything huh”

 

“Besides—grandfather will come anytime soon, I need her to get what I’m wanted”

 

Kim Bum smirked, “you can’t lie to me, even you dared.” He chuckled. “I won’t judge you either way. See them—“points his other friends. “They’re all morons, just like you too. But definitely not in the same level of idiocy” he said.

 

Min Ho chuckled.

 

“That’s why I don’t want to fall in love, it will big time.” Kim Bum winced from the idea of him loving like his lunatics friends are.

 

“I thought you have a thing with Chae Won?” Lee Min Ho teased.

 

Kim Bum winced more. “ you.” He muttered laughing. “Don’t wanna die early. Black belter with cousins holding one? Hell.” He said.

 

“Don’t say that, my cousin is the sweetest.” Min Ho beams.

 

Kim Bum rolled eyes, the idea is really absurd to him. Never has he imagined he dated her, she’s like a ing one of the boys.

 

Plus the fact that Chae Won is his best buddies’ cousin. Wooyoung and IL Woo’s first degree cousin, and Lee Min Ho’s second degree cousin.

 

, he doesn’t want to date his buddies’ relative, it will give a damned.

 

“Tell it to IL Woo and Wooyoung, they surely hit your out”

 

“Tsss.. they have to loosen it up, Chae Won is not any getting younger though”

 

“oohh. Not too protective since your two is just second degree cousins?”

 

“You don’t have any idea” Min Ho chuckled. “My cousins’ are all uptight” he added.

 

“It runs in the family, moron” Kim Bum punch him in his arm laughing.

 

Min Ho chuckled, his phone beeps making him looks on it, and hurriedly he answered the phone

 

“Yes?” Min Ho answered.

 

Min Ho just listen attentively to the speaker, his one hand busy playing on his wine glass as the speaker speaks, he seems engrossed on whatever the caller tells him.

 

Min Ho immediately ended the call, hurriedly, he stood up on the stool.

 

“Going home?” Kim Bum asks.

 

“Nope. Just fetching my wife.” He devilishly smiled.

 

“You what?”

 

 

 

 

 

Min Ho was silently staring at his car, not far from him, Ji Hyun was there, stood happily as she speaks to couple of people in the port.

 

He’s been doing this for days, silently observing her.

 

And indeed, she really looks like his wife, her innocent face down to her lovely smiles. But he known better, looks always been deceiving, based on his experienced on his own wife.

 

 “Investigate more about this woman. And proceed to our plan.”

 

Suzy nodded her head. She hurriedly went outside his car as Min Ho ordered his driver to start driving.

 

Before leaving, Min Ho glance again with Ji Hyun.

 

“hey what are you looking at?” In Na asks Ji Hyun.

 

“nothing.” Ji Hyun smiled, “I jus thought someone is staring at me” she shook her head.

 

“Who?” In Na asks, she looks around.

 

“nah. Maybe I just imagining things” Ji Hyun said.

 

 

 

But it was not an imagination, from days have passed, Ji Hyun always feel the presence of someone who was following her; day by day, she felt a strange feeling that someone is quietly staring at her wherever she goes, observing her from unknown reason.

 

“Ji Hyun what’s wrong?” Mrs. Jung, the owner of vegetables stand she works onto asks her, she looks concerned seeing how bothered she was.

 

 

“Nothing ma’am. I just—“she looks around. “It’s nothing” she shake her head smiling.

 

“Okay” the old lady said smiling, she handed the pieces of paper bills on her hand. “You did a great job, my business always bloomed whenever you’re here. I added some additional cash, considered your tip” the old lady smiled.

 

“Thank you so much” Ji Hyun smiled widely. She bowed her head once more before leaving the old lady.

 

Ji Hyun happily walks in the wet market,, with smiled plastered her lips she greeted every single person she saw. She walks fast to reach her aim destination, a pharmacy.

 

As she headed to its direction, Ji Hyun felt another presence following her, she started to slow her pace, trying to catch whoever is following her.

 

Ji Hyun was about to cross the narrowed street when someone grabs her hand.

 

“Ah!” she gasped shouting, her heart beats so fast in her chest.

 

“hey! It’s just me!” Hae Jin consoled her.

 

“yah! You scared me!” Ji Hyun said.

 

“why are you so nervous?” he asks.

 

“Uh. Nothing. You just totally scared me” she said, looking around.

 

“wae?” Hae Jin asks seeing how bothered she was.

 

Ji Hyun shake her head and smiled.

 

“Where are you going now?” Hae Jin asks.

 

“uhmm. Pharmacy. Mrs. Jung gave me extra cash. I plan to buy medicines to mom” she smiled so happily.

 

Hae Jin smiled, something warm inside his heart, seeing her this happy, Ji Hyun is too good to be true, besides of her natural and pretty looks, she have a golden heart that makes her stand-alone from other girls he known, she’s one of the kind, or better a one of a million girl he ever met.  She loves her family a lot, a lot that she willing to do anything for them. Things that he love from her.

 

Yeah, he was in love with his childhood friend, ever since they were little, his affection to her was different, and he promised to protect and love her with all his might. Whatever it cause.

 

“Okay, I’ll go with you” Hae Jin smiled.

 

They both walks towards their destination.

 

.

.

.

 

“Do you plan to—“

 

“YAH!!!”

 

Ji Hyun and Hae Jin conversation have been cut off when they heard a voice not so far from them shouting, they saw a man, snatch a bag from a girl. The man was heading to their direction.

 

Hurriedly, Ji Hyun snatch the buckets on Hae Jin hold as she hurriedly smashed it on the snatcher, the snatcher lose balance as he fell on his bike, the man looks dangerously at her, was about to hurt her when Hae Jin forcefully twist his wrist.

 

The snatcher twitch from pain. Hae Jin launch another punch on the man making him defenseless, good thing, he knows how to attack, all thanks because his a black belter during college days. Ji Hyun took the bag he snatched from the girl. She gently taps it to remove all the dust causing of it falling to the ground.

 

“Thank you. I already call for cops” the woman wearing her all black attire said, as she still gasping from air but still composed.

 

It was the same woman she saw in the market. Her beautiful yet so mysteriously serious and poker face. No trace of any emotion on her lovely face, though she was bit in rush but her poise and composure was still there.

 

“Thanks” the woman said as Ji Hyun handed her bag.

 

“you should be extra careful in your things miss” Hae Jin said.

 

“I know, and that’s too bad of me.” The woman said, still her eyes lock on Ji Hyun.

 

Though this woman in her front is wearing a thick eye glasses in her eyes, Ji Hyun saw how she looks at her with anger, she blinks trying to process  what she saw, but, maybe she was imagining things, coz her eyes mirrored nothing, she seems looking at her with blank emotions at all.

 

“Uh. You know each other?” Hae Jin ask, sensing how the two women stared to each other.

 

“Nope. But we met before. In the market right?” The woman in black attired answered in formality. “How can I repay you for your goodness?” she asks.

 

“Ah. No you don’t have too. I did what I think I right.” Ji Hyun shake her head smiling.

 

“No. I should done something in return.” The woman said with finality.

 

“It’s really okay miss” Ji hyun said.

 

“How about this,” she handed a business card on her. “I heard you want to work from a corporate world isn’t it? That’s what the old granny told last time, if you need a job you can call me” the woman said.

 

Bae Suzy. It was written in bold italic French script letter, the card shouting for elegance. Ji Hyun stared for it once more before looking at her. Her brows furrowed, as she looks at this woman named Suzy.

 

“uh. Was this too much for a thank you?” she said baffled.

 

Hae Jin seems baffled too. His brows furrowed too.

 

“considered that I’m a very generous person” she said without a smile. “this bag contains very important file in our company, if I lost this I will be doomed.” She added.

 

They heard the siren of the police car, it stops right in their front as two of police came and arrested the culprit.

 

“are you the victim of this man?” one of the policeman asks Suzy.

 

“yes. I am the one who called you too.”

 

“miss, can you come with us to give your statement with this matter?”

 

“okay. My car was park right there. I follow you in the minute” she answered seriously.

 

The two policeman nodded.

 

“I like to discuss it from you, I hope you have time for this? I’ll be back again” she said to Ji Hyun. “I know how badly you need a decent job isn’t it? So think this offer. “Suzy added before heading out.

 

“She’s weird” Hae Jin commented upon watching the woman went away. “Are you considering her offer?” he asks.

 

But Ji Hyun remained silent. Of course, her offer is tempting, how she really wanted to work in corporate world, but she know better, though she graduated with flying colors and such, no one in her right mind would offer such thing about it.

 

“You should turn down the offer, I mean, it might be a scam or something”

 

“I’m not going to accept her offer.” She smiled. But why she felt regretting it?

 

.

.

.

 

Ji Hyun went home as she saw her mother coughing in the corner, hurriedly he mother tried her best to stop from coughing the moment she saw her.

 

“Mom, did you not drink your medicine again? I told you to drink it right?” she said gently tapping her mother’s back.

 

“aiggoo. I know how expensive my medicines. So I have to- ahuh. Ahuh.” She started to cough again.

 

“mom. You don’t worry aabout those things okay? That’s why I’m working for us.”

 

“but you overwork yourself. And I don’t want that”

 

“mom—“

 

“ahuh. Ahuh. Besides I’m getting old, years will do I will die soon, so you don’t—“

 

“mom, please don’t say that okay?” she interrupted her mom. “mom, someone offered me a job in a corporate world”

 

“really that’s great.”

 

“but—“

 

“but why? Are you hesitating? You’re smart, very industrious and hard working maybe the reason why she wanted you”

 

“but it seems weird, she offered me job just because I saved her?”

 

“So? You know, I know how you wanted to work for your dreams, and working on that kind of environment is really your dream right?”

 

“but—“

 

“you don’t worry about us, okay, you should conquer your own dreams too.”

 

“but isn’t it weird I mean?”

 

“do you feel like she’s a bad person? Your instinct always been right, right?”

 

Of course, she felt Suzy is a good person, no matter how she covered herself with her stoic face

 

Ji Hyun shake her head. And nodded.

 

“then go, don’t mind us this time, we will be fine”

 

.

.

.

 

 

“Here is your payment” Suzy handed an envelope on her snatcher’s “you did a great job”

 

“thank you” the man smiled.

 

“Thank you for your cooperation” Suzy said as she turn her head to the police.

 

Of course, they were not a real snatcher and real policemen. They were just paid by her to act like one.

 

Suzy hurriedly put her cellphone when it ring.

 

“Yes. It seems this plan didn’t work that well, I should proceed to our next plan.” She said remaining her stoic pose on her face. “Of course sir.” She answered.

 

But before she keep her phone inside, she saw a message.

 

This is Ji Hyun, the woman earlier. Can we meet? Uh. About your job offer.

 

Suzy type her reply to her before calling someone’s phone number.

 

“The plan is still on sir” she said.

 

 

Lee Min Ho smiled upon ended his call. He looks at the photo frame in his office as he stared on the photo it was the photo of his wife and his daughter. His eyes darted on his wedding ring he still earing until now. Pain crosses on his face but completely invaded with anger.

 

No one. No one can get away from me!

 

If you’re gone. Then I’ll make another you in my life.

 

 

Since Just love me again is nearly to end. I will start this. Uhm. This will be really short.