Serenity

My (Not) Secret Boyfriend [DISCONTINUED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Serenity

Daesung patiently pants my back and repeats that everything will be okay like a mantra. I listen to his soothing voice and I can sense myself calming with each passing minute. We remain in a hug until my hiccups disappear. I am the first one to pull away. 

“Thank you,” I say and smile even though my cheeks are stained with dried tears. 

“No problem. It is my duty as your best friend, you know,” Daesung chuckles and squeezes my arm. 

“Really, I honestly appreciate it. Thank you,” I repeat and take a deep breath. “I am sorry, but I am not ready to disclose anything yet. I… just need a little bit of time.”

“I get you, chill,” Daesung smiles reassuringly and shows off his bright smile. 

“You are incredible,” I chuckle under my nose and give him one last hug. “I promise you to tell you everything once things calm down. For now, I need to run to work!”
“But you do not work today?” Daesung raises his eyebrow questioningly. 

“I have to cover Sehun because he twisted his ankle,” I explain briefly and wave as I walk away. “See you tomorrow!”

“See you! Don’t overwork yourself!” Daesung warns and I just smile tightly, not being able to promise that, because I already accepted the fact that I will sleep today only a few mere hours due to my school and work. “Yah, Lee Seungri!!”

The late night shift in the middle of the week is not nice. Now I remember why I only take late shifts only on weekends when I can sleep in. I recall that Sehun starts late the next day so he can afford working until 1am and still go to school with a proper amount of sleep. However, the accumulation of school responsibilities over the past few days force me to stay additional time before I can go to sleep. Therefore, whenever I got a chance I pull out my books and study. Thank God for my understanding boss who does not mind me looking at the revision notes when there are no clients. 

The time passes by and from midnight onwards, there are no clients coming and I am not surprised because it is Wednesday. Who comes to Starbucks on Wednesday night (or more like Thursday super early morning) to get some coffee? Only ridiculous people would come at such hour-

Oh boy. 

Of course. 

Right.

I exhale when I look up to see Jiyong entering the coffeeshop. Of course, workaholics like Jiyong would be the type of a person who would visit Starbucks at nearly 1am to get some coffee. 

“Seungri?” Jiyong asks, not believing what he was saying. 

“Yup,” I nod and force myself to smile. “Do you want the usual?”

“Yes, please,” he cautiously confirms and I hate how careful he is words. 

I do not like how he treats me like glass as if I was about to break any moment. Or maybe it was just his tactic to distance himself from me. Could it be a preludium to a break up? Nah, Jiyong is a rather straightforward person and would not beat around bushes when ending up a relationship. He is known for getting down to the business for he despises wasting time on useless things. 

As I think about all those issues, I prepare his coffee and I hear distant grumbling of a bad weather outside. I start to nervously sweat. I can sense his eyes on me and it only adds to my anxiety for some reasons. I used to enjoy the way his orbs would settle on me, but this time it feels as if he was analyzing me as Daesung did yesterday prior to my break down. He remains silent through the whole time when I busy myself with coffee preparations. 

“There you go,” I announce the moment I am done. 

“Thank you,” he says in that alert tone and I cannot help but to get a bit annoyed. “When are you done?”

I glance at the clock and I purse my lip in surprise. “Now, actually.”

“What are your plans for now?” Jiyong further inquires. 

“Go to home, study, sleep, and go to school,” I automatically response. 

“No eating?” he an eyebrow and I see that spark of displeasure in his eyes. 

I gulp anxiously and look up. “Uhm, I forgot to make any groceries so I don’t have antigen to eat,” I answer and I immediately add. “But it’s fine! I will grab something tomorrow-”

“You are coming back with me to my home,” Jiyong states or more like orders. 

“Excuse me?” I ask and I curse internally at how my rude sassy sides resurfaces whenever I am sleep deprived. 

“You cannot starve yourself like this. This is so unhealthy and counter productive. I thought you are smarter than that,” Jiyong clarifies disapprovingly and I hate to see the obvious disappointment on his face. 

“And who are you to speak like this-” the fury boils in me and I am about to burst when I suddenly hear words that make my eyes go wide. 

“I am your boyfriend who cares for you,” Jiyong quietly says and his orbs suddenly look so vulnerable. 

Finally, I notice something I failed to do for the past couple minutes due to my egocentric anger. I notice how his clothing is so messy — it is not as neat and ironed as it used to be. I notice how he has dark bags under his eyes and how his hair is not on point. I notice how

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter