Exposed

My (Not) Secret Boyfriend [DISCONTINUED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Exposed

“I’m neither wanting to harm you nor I’m embarrassed of you. I just want to complete my education for who I am, because I’m sure that I would be getting job offers just for dating you if anybody finds out,” I try to explain to clarify my point.

“I understand you and your wish is my command, honey,” Jiyong concurs and takes my hand into his to kiss my knuckles. “Don’t  worry, I will make sure nobody knows about us.”

“Thank you,” I reply softly, wondering what I did to deserve such a perfect date. 

With that positive vibe, we divert our conversation to other subjects.

The drive back to my home is pleasant and short. We talk about casual things such as how it would be nice is some of the main streets were a bit wider, because the traffic could be tiresome and time consuming at times. Before I know it, we arrive at my place.

“Thank you for the amazing date,” I show my appreciation and I hope that he can hear my sincerity through my voice. 

“It was my utmost pleasure,” Jiyong promises and raises my hand to his lips, closing his eyes and pressing a soft kiss. He remains in that position for long seconds before he pushes away and looks up to me with those beautifully hooded eyes. He smiles and adds something that leaves me wondering what he means. “Take your time, for I will always wait for you.”

And with that, he is gone and I am still staring at the closed doors, pondering the meaning of his words. Something inside me is telling me that there was more that I am yet to discover.

It all starts with innocent texts in between my study sessions. The brief messages such as  “How is your day going?” that come from Jiyong always made me smile wider and before I know, Jiyong creeps deeper into my heart. We text and call each other everyday whenever there is a chance. We talk about everything: school, politics, new innovations, fun facts, you name it. Hence, I fill Jiyong on my assignments, my grades, the things I do when I have some free time, and even my recent picnic with Daesung and TOP on a nice sunny day. 

I am amazed just by how easily it is to talk to him. Perhaps it is the way he softly hums to acknowledge that he listens, the way he adds witty comments, or maybe it just the way his voice is like honey to my ears. In any way, I open up and I am honestly surprised by my trust in him. For once, I decide to trust my instincts and go with the flow, because as many people say: I am young, wild, and free!

Anyway, it has been nearly a week since our first date due to Jiyong’s business trip to Japan. It is hard to do a long distance relationship at this stage when everything is still so fresh and new. However, me somehow manage. 

“Hi,” Jiyong greets and there are a car engine’s humming in the background. He must be traveling. 

“Hello,” I reply, my lips curving into a grin in a split of a second. 

“What are you doing?” He asks, and I look down at my hands, which are stirring a pot with a soup.

“Cooking some lunch,” I answer. “Just a tomato soup with some noodles.”

“May I stop by?” Jiyong inquires and my eyebrows furrow. 

“I thought you were supposed to be in Japan until tomorrow?” I explain my confusion and dump the pasta into the boiling water next to the soup. 

“I finished things early because I wanted to see you,” Jiyong clarifies the issues and chuckles at my gasp. 

My cheeks heat up and sigh at how Jiyong can effortlessly make me a blushing mess with such simple words. “I didn’t expect that, but yeah, come over.”

“Then open the doors,” Jiyong chimes in and I release yet another gasp. 

Of course he would do such a thing. It is the Kwon Jiyong I am dealing with. A bubbly chuckle escapes my lips and I run towards the doors, opening them with childish eagerness. 

“Good morning,” Jiyong shows off his snow white teeth and bends forth to plant a kiss on top of my forehead. 

I relinquish the intimate gesture, which actually catches off guard, but hey, I am not complaining. “Morning,” I muse back and close my eyes to fully enjoy that short peck. 

In that momen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter