Six

Summoning the Supernatural
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Honestly, I'd like to wholeheartedly blame the situation on Jun. If he hadn't absolutely exhausted me I would've remembered the note and stayed away from the shop. Maybe. I was loathed to admit it, but I was actually a bit curious. So I might've stopped inside anyways. Just maybe. In any case, Jun didn't stop me either so it was definitely his fault.

I wandered into the semi-busy bubble tea shop and ordered my favorite drink. Jun ordered after me and we headed towards an empty booth. I only remembered the note when I found another one resting peacefully on the edge of the table. I stopped short immediately, causing Jun to run into me and nearly knock me over in the process.

"What the h—?"

I waved a hand to shut him up and carefully reached for the note.

Don't worry, it wrote, I'm not some creepy stalker. I'm here to help. Get ready to welcome team member number two!

The note did little to reassure me and Jun seemed to be of the same opinion. He read it over with a disgruntled look on his face.

"I don't trust it," he stated stubbornly. I simply shrugged and sat down.

"This does prove one thing though," I countered. He raised a perfect eyebrow at me and I was once again struck by how goddamn attractive he was. "It couldn't have been Mr. Park." Jun gestured for me explain. "Someone was sitting here when we first walked in, meaning this note had to have been placed in between when they left and we sat down. Mr. Park is nearly two meters tall; he's practically a giant. I would've noticed if he was here."

Jun didn't look as relieved as I felt. Sure, it might've been easier if Mr. Park was the one leaving the notes behind (that would've been one less mystery to solve) but I had known him since I was in diapers. To have discovered he somehow was a part of all… well, it would've been unsettling, to say the least. Because if he was part of it, who else was? I had found out literally a day that my four best friends weren't human. I wasn't exactly ready to add anyone else I knew onto that list.

I was brought out of my thoughts when something, or rather, someone, collided with our table. A boy around my age with hair only slightly darker than Jun's picked himself up, apologized quickly and imm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter