Thirty Seven

Summoning the Supernatural
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The room was pretty much dead silent after Seungkwan's words. Everyone was a little too busy looking at his hand with an expression that ranged somewhere between disgust, horror, and, in some cases, a touch of fear.

"Wha--? Are you--?" The healer was the first to recover, though "recover" was a relative term considering he couldn't stop sputtering at the sight of my friend's mangled hand.

"So who's the new kid?"

Well that certainly helped to break the tension. All heads turned to look over at Hoshi, who took a half step back under all the scrutiny. "What?" He asked defensively.

"Bruh," Jeonghan said in slight disbelief. Trust Hoshi to find anything to distract himself from the severity of the problem at hand.

"What is your problem?" What no one expected was for the inevitable interruption of the sweet and friendly Seokmin. "Are you ing serious right now?" (I totally did not jump at hearing him swear.) "We have a person bleeding out right now after being attacked by the thing that's supposed to end the world and you're interested in meeting people?"

"No, no, I mean, that and all and I'm so sorry you have that happen, my dude, but like, are we seriously going to just ignore the creeper that's silently watching us from the corner of the room?" He gestured wildly to the black-clad boy who looked like he was exhaused and falling asleep where he stood, leaning against the door. "Like he could just be a regular Joe and we're just--"

"I'm a demon. I've been summoned," Seungcheol curtly.

"Right. Well--,"

It seemed like Hoshi wanted to continue, but the deep voice of the newest edition was enough to break Seokmin out of his daze. With a determined look on his face, he grabbed onto Seungkwan's hand (eliciting a sharp intake of breath from the latter) and closed his eyes.

"Seokmin, no!" Jun was the first one to react, but it was already too late.

Seungkwan's hands started healing. It was an absolutely mesmerizing process to see. There really is nothing quite like watching someone heal. Something about watching an irreversable process get, well, reversed was so satysfying. It was better than any ASMR video and more soothing than any sound found in nature.

And unlike with my hands, the direct skin on skin contact that Seokmin could have with Seungkwan allowed the process to h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter