Fourteen

Summoning the Supernatural
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What about?" I asked curiously.

"About what happened," Jun answered for Seokmin.

"Ah yes," I smiled bitterly at someone who I would've gone as far as calling my friend. "You mean you're going to explain everything you conveniently left out before."

Jun hung his head. "Look, Mei, you don't understand."

"You're right," I snapped. "I don't understand. And the one person I trusted to explain things to me decided to leave everything out."

Jun met my eyes and, though I could detect sadness in them, I knew that he didn't regret his decision. He purposefully lied and kept important information from me and, despite everything, he'd do it again if necessary. Though Jun and I hadn't exactly started off on the right foot, I was hurt. I started to consider him my friend and ally. He was someone who understood the situation perfectly. He was with me from the start and knew everything I knew. But evidently, that wasn't enough to stop him from betraying me.

I looked at Seokmin who returned my gaze pityingly. He wasn't any better, I realized. He would have and did do, the exact same thing. Maybe it was the pounding in my head or the stress of the day's events but I suddenly found myself getting disgusted at the way he looked at me. I didn't need his ing pity. I needed answers.

"Start talking," I demanded at the two of them. They shared a glance but nonetheless did as I said.

"Before we begin," Seokmin started, "we should probably explain some supernatural history. You see, Summoners aren't exactly common creatures to come by."

"You don't say," I chimed in sarcastically.

"They also aren't exactly the weakest," Seokmin continued, ignoring me. I raised an eyebrow, gesturing for him to elaborate.

"Basically Summoners are the most powerful creatures on this Earth," Jun explained for Seokmin.

I scoffed. "Right. And that's why Minghao nearly murdered me without lifting a finger."

"You don't un—,"

"Understand?" I cut Jun off. "Yes, we've clearly established that already."

"You bonded with him," Seokmin stated plainly.

"What the hell does that mean, Seokmin?" I snapped.

Jun sighed. "That's what we're trying to explain, Mei."

"And why should I believe anything you tell me?" My voice was venomous when I asked the question.

Jun sighed again. "I probably deserved that," he said, then continued, cutting off my snappy response. "But hear us out. Then you can decide whether or not you believe us."

"Fine." I conceded, realizing that this was the best I was going to get. Besides, I figured. I could always get the same story from my girl friends later to see if everything adds up.

"As

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter