Eleven

Summoning the Supernatural
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" me," I mumbled while my eyes began to water. I wanted to pretend that I was only crying because it hurt so much. Unfortunately, that wasn't that reason and I knew it. Pain rarely made me tear up.

"Come on," I heard Jun say above me sympathetically and felt him lift me up from the ground. "Let's get you to the school nurse." I didn't look up at him or Minghao. Instead, I kept my eyes pointed downwards and began walking hesitantly towards the school.

"You might not want to go that way," Minghao's voice stopped me. "Lunch is still going on."

I paused, then changed direction. I wasn't ready to face anyone else yet and I didn't want to come up with a believable lie of how my hands got to this state.

We made it to the nurse's office in silence, which I was grateful for. Either they both understood how I felt in that moment or neither of them wanted me to yell at them again. I didn't care which it was.

"Hello! How can I help you guys today?" A cheerful voice that most certainly did not belong to Mrs. Choi greeted at us. I looked up to see a smiling boy maybe a year or two older than me.

"Where's the nurse?" I asked him.

"Mrs. Choi isn't in today, so I'm filling in. I'm Seokmin, her intern."

That's all I needed. Wordlessly, I held my hands out to him. His face underwent a transformation from cheer to shock to something akin to horror. I felt a treacherous tear fall down my cheek.

"What caused this?" He asked incredulously.

"Killer butterflies."

Seokmin didn't laugh. Instead, he grabbed my wrists and closed his eyes in concentration.

"What are you—?" I asked but was cut off by Jun.

"No way," he breathed.

I looked up to see he was staring straight at Seokmin.

"Wha—?" And then I felt it. The pain in my hands started to fade. I looked back down at my hands and watched how the redness started to fade. The burns were still there, but they looked a step closer to being healed. "How did you do that?" I asked Seokmin who

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter