Uncovering the Truth of Kim Jisoo

A Royal Mistake [complete]

Seokjin and his omma arrived to the hospital upon hearing news of CEO Kim. "Do you think he'll be alright, Seokjin-ah?" she asks, "Who would hold a gudge against your abeoji?" "He'll be fine, omma." Seokjin reassures, "He's a strong man, inside and out." Moments later, the head doctor of the operation comes out of the ER and carefully explains the current situation to Seokjin and his omma. "We'll have to keep his Majesty in the hospital for the mean time." the doctor replies, "The drug he took in were only small doses; if a larger dose, than it would've killed him before reaching the hospital." "Thank you, uisa-seongsaengnim." his omma replies. "Now I have to get back to work." he replies, heading back into the ER. 

"That's insane." Secretary Song replies, "Why would she want to kill the royal family?" "It's just a guess." Joongki explains, "I don't have any evidences yet, but it's one of my conclusions." "Then she couldn't have poisoned CEO Kim." she argues, "Jisoo only began working under me." "And as CEO Kim's secretary," he continues, "you should've—" "Mr. Song," the officer replies, "can you step aside; I haven't finished questioning Secretary Song." "S-sorry." Joongki apologizes for his recent action and heads out of the station to take a breather. 'I have to tell Seokjin about this.' he thought to himself, 'If he doesn't take action, then I will do it for him.'

Meanwhile at the company, Seokjin, his omma, and his halmeoni have arranged an emergency meeting with all the staffs in the large conference room. "As you all know," Seokjin announces, in front of their employees, "CEO Kim has been poisoned, as well as, Secretary Song being questioned at the station; and so, I will be taking over for CEO Kim until he recovers."

"And how can we trust that you'll do a good job
with this company, your Highness?" someone asks.
"I will do my best if you all accompy me along the way.
For now, I am sending everyone home early today; no excuses."

Once dismissing everyone for the evening, Seokjin looks at his omma and halmeoni, replying, "You two should head on home." "What about you, adeul?" his omma asks, "What else do you need to do here?"

"I'm going to look at the security tapes.
I'm going to find out who's the real culprit."

"But you don't have Hoseok-sshi with you." his halmeoni replies, "Are you sure you'll be fine by yourself?" "I'll be fine, halmeoni." he says. After sending off his mother and grandmother, Seokjin began to head down to the security room. He successfully unlocks the door with the spare key and enters the dark room, starting his search of his father's culprit.

"Seokjin is at the company by himself?" Minji asks, once receiving the news, "Why would he do that?" "He said that he's looking through the security tapes." Seokjin's omma explains, "I'm worried that something bad will happen to him."

"Then I'll go to the company." Minji replies,
standing up from her seat.


"But you're pregnant, Minji-ah." Seokjin's halmeoni replies,
"You already handled enough bad things for one day; why go through it again?"

"But if something happens to Seokjin." "I will go with Minji." Hoseok replies, stepping in, "With me, nothing will happen to them." "Good, Hoseok-sshi." Seokjin's omma replies. "We better get going, Minji-sshi." Hoseok replies. Minji nods and follows Hoseok to the car.

"Whoever is the culprit," Seokjin replies, to himself, "they must've erased the tapes before I got here." As he exits from the security room, Seokjin heads upstairs to his abeoji's office, hoping to find more clues there. Before he could even enter the office, Seokjin receives a call from Joongki. "Hello?" he answers. "I've been trying to call you all day, Seokjin." Joongki replies, "I have to tell you something."

"Can't you call another time, hyung?"
"Secretary Song said that Jisoo made the tea for CEO Kim."
"W-what?"
"CEO Kim told Secretary Song to make copies earlier that morning;
that's why Jisoo—"
"Jisoo can't be under Secretary Song, though; she still needs
more training under Secretary Chae."
"Besides that, I think Jisoo is the one who poisoned CEO Kim."
"Hyung—"
"If you don't believe me on this one, Seokjin,
then I'm going to take action and arrest Jisoo myself."
"But—"

Before Seokjin could finish his sentence, Joongki had already hung up the phone. 'He can't arrest Jisoo; we don't have enough evidences to prove her wrong yet.' he thought. Forgetting the phone call, Seokjin proceeds to enter the office; however upon entering, he comes face to face with a familiar person.

At Jisoo's place, she sits in her living room, waiting for a call from someone. "Why isn't he answering my calls?" Jisoo asks herself, "He said that he would call me when he gets here." Just then, there was a knock at her door. She quickly rushes to open it and found Joongki and a police officer. "Gentlemen," she replies, "what business do you—" "Kim Jisoo," the officer replies, "do you mind if we search your home?"

"What for?"
"Someone had told us that you were hiding
drugs in your home, is that correct?"

"Suit yourself." Jisoo replies, gesturing them inside. After searching high and low throughout her home, the police officer and Joongki could not find any clues to Jisoo hiding the drugs. "Sir," the officer replies, "you must've mistaken this young lady for someone else." "I am not mistaken." Joongki replies, "I've been in the army and I—" "And as an officer," he continues, "you will be charged for making false accusations if this happens again." "He is not mistaken, officer." Seokjin replies, walking into Jisoo's house, "I have evidences from the crime scene." "W-what d-do you mean by that, Director—H-how c-can y-you—" Jisoo stutters, in fear. "I couldn't do it alone, though." he continues. "H-help?" she asks. As soon as Seokjin stepped away, he reveals his helper to Jisoo, Joongki and the police officer. "An Woo-yeon?!" they all exclaims.

'How the hell did Seokjin catch Woo-yeon?' Jisoo thought to herself, 'He said that no one else was in the building.' "He confessed everything to me." Seokjin explains, "Everything starting from the beginning."


[ two hours ago ]

"What are you doing here, Mr. An?" Seokjin asks, closing the door behind him, "I sent everyone home not too long ago." "Today's my day off, sir." Woo-yeon explains, "But I came back to get some—" "But why would you come into CEO Kim's office?" "I left something important in here." Seokjin raises his eyebrow until noticing that Woo-yeon was hiding something behind his back. Meanwhile in the car ride, Minji receives a call from her abeoji. "Hello?" she asks. "Minji-ah," her abeoji replies, over the phone, "I need to tell you something."

"Can we talk—"
"An Woo-yeon has been working
under Kim Jisoo." he explains.

"But Woo-yeon wouldn't do that, appa." Minji retorts,
"He would never do dirty works."

"He called me the other night and told me that Kim Jisoo planned the kidnapping
from the beginning with his Majesty." her abeoji confesses, "He also told me that she planned to murder his Majesty for vengeance."

"Does the Crown Prince anything of this?" Hoseok asks, cutting into the conversation. "Woo-yeon told me not to tell anyone but I cannot keep this a secret for too long after hearing about the King's incident." he continues. "And where is he now, appa?" "Heading for the company building."

"What's your purpose on helping Jisoo?" Seokjin asks, still focusing on the mysterious item, "What did she promise you in return?" "We are co-workers." Woo-yeon replies, "Co-workers are suppose to help each other, right?"

"But whatever you've been doing to 'help', isn't help at all, am I right?"

'Crap; he saw right through me.' "Answer me, An Woo-yeon; what's your purpose on helping Jisoo and what did she promise you?" Just as Woo-yeon was about to answer, Hoseok and Minji storms into CEO Kim's office. "Minji?!" they both exclaimed. Without any hesitations, Minji quickly walks up to Woo-yeon and immediately slaps him across the face before he could even say her name again. "I thought that I could trust you, An Woo-yeon." she replies, with frustration, "I thought that I could trust you as my friend and as my neighbor." "What's going on here, Hoseok?" Seokjin whispers, "How did you two get here?" "I'll explain how we got here later, sir." Hoseok whispers back, "But—"

"Why did you keep this a secret from me?" Minji continues, as tears fall from her eyes,
"How could you not tell me that truth?"

"I—I couldn't."
"And why not?"

"Because Jisoo promised me that she would get you out of Director Kim's household!" he shouts, "She told me that you were treated badly by CEO Kim!" "She poisoned CEO Kim!" Minji exclaims, grabbing onto her friend's collar, "We don't even know if he'll survive the night!" "Minji—" Seokjin replies, trying to restrain her. "Don't tell me to stop, Seokjin-sshi!" she snaps, "He needs to know his wrongdoings." Woo-yeon finally gives in and reveals a black flashdrive to the three. "If you want the truth," he confesses, tossing it to Seokjin, "you'll find everything in his flashdrive." "You're not lying, are you?" "Everything you need to destroy Jisoo is all in that flashdrive, sir." Seokjin nods and heads out of the office, leaving behind Minji and Hoseok with Woo-yeon.

Minji finally releases her grip on her friend and storms off in disappointment. "Don't worry, my friend." Hoseok replies, patting Woo-yeon's shoulder, "What you did was the right thing to do; she'll come to her senses." "I know she will." "But you better catch up with the Crown Prince; he'll need more of your assistance."

"All of that isn't true, officer." Jisoo replies, "None of that is true; where's the proof?" Seokjin pulls out the flashdrive from his coat pocket and replies, "Everything is in here, officer." Seokjin replies, "I hope you'll find the truth." "Do you have a computer or laptop we can borrow, miss?" the officer asks. "I-in t-the l-living r-room." she stutters. Once having access to Jisoo's laptop, the officer inserts the flashdrive into the laptop, opens the flashdrive folder and immediately spot two video clips, along with multiple voice recordings. Without any hesitations, he clicks on the first recording:

[xx/xx/xxxx - 20:45 p.m]
Jisoo: They're hopeless; if they
expose me, Seokjin will arrest me for sure.
Woo-yeon: Then let's end it here, Jisoo-sshi.
Woo-yeon: Director Kim is already on my tracks.
Jisoo: Then keep it that way.
Jisoo: I need to stay out of the light for awhile.
Woo-yeon: What's your purpose on pursing
Director Kim when he already has Minji?
Jisoo: All of that is a lie, Wooyeon-sshi.
Woo-yeon: Huh?
Jisoo: My purpose for coming back to Korea
is to take revenge on CEO Kim for destroying my
relationship with Director Kim.
Jisoo: And no one else is going to stop me,
even if it's you
Woo-yeon: What did CEO Kim do?
Woo-yeon: He isn't the type to—
Jisoo: CEO Kim is willing to do anything
to keep his name clean.
Jisoo: He is a self-centered man.
Jisoo: I don't even know how Seokjin got
stuck with a father like him.

"Skip to the videos, officer." Seokjin replies, "You can listen to the voice recordings at the station." "A-alright." he replies, moving the mouse to click on the first video. Once it pop up onto the screen, the footage showed Jisoo and Secretary Song standing in front of CEO Kim's office, preparing his morning tea. After Secretary Song had left the scene, Jisoo looked around, immediately pulls out the powder drug from her purse, and adds it into the tea. The officer stops the clip there and moves onto the second video. This time, it showed Jisoo interacting with CEO Kim. From their body language, it seemed like they were arguing with each other until Jisoo left without the tea cup. CEO Kim then drank the poison tea without any suspicion; however, a few minutes later, he began reacting to the drug and eventually falls over his seat, lying unconsciously. Five minutes had passed and that's when Secretary Song entered CEO Kim's office. Once again, the officer stops the clip. "There's your culprit, officer." Joongki replies. "I can explain myself, officer." Jisoo pleads, "I—" "What else is there for you to defend yourself, Jisoo?" Woo-yeon asks, "Why can't you let go of the past?" "Because CEO Kim destroyed my only chance to my own happiness." Jisoo confesses, "Seokjin was my only happiness in this world and CEO Kim had to ruin it." Jisoo looks at Seokjin as tears began to fall from her eyes.

"I had to do it, Seokjin-ah." she continues, "Your abeoji is a self-centered
man and he will always be; I only did it out of love."
"Jisoo-sshi—" Seokjin replies.

"Before you tell me off," she continues, "I should tell you that your abeoji instructed me to destroy your relationship with Minji-sshi in the beginning." "But he changed his mind after finding out that his grandchild is a son." Woo-yeon explains, "That's why he backed out of your scheme." "Kim Jisoo," the officer replies, handcuffing her, "you are under arrest for attempted murder on his Majesty." Once getting Jisoo into the police car, Joongki replies, "I'm heading back to the station; you two should probably head on home." Woo-yeon and Seokjin nod their heads and split ways after Joongki had entered the police car, making his way back to the police station.

Arriving home, Seokjin is greeted by Minji at the door. "Where is everyone else?" he asks, holding Minji's hands. "They all went to the hospital to see abeonim." Minji explains, "I decided to stay behind and wait for you." Seokjin smiles at his wife and slowly brings both of her hands up to his lips, kissing them passionately. 'It's finally over, Minji.' he thought, 'Now we can focus on our little family.' "Yah~," she replies, pulling her hands out of Seokjin's grasp. "why do you have to kiss my hands?" Without any hesitations, Seokjin proceeds to kiss Minji on right cheek, followed by her left cheek and then her lips. "Better?" "Much better." Just then, he lifts Minji off the ground, carries her bridal style and walks upstair into his bedroom. Once on the bed, Seokjin gently pushes Minji down on the mattress, while kissing her lips without breaking their chemistry. "Seokjin-sshi...." Minji replies, pulling away from the kiss, "We shouldn't—" "But we did it at the hotel." Seokjin replies, with a smirk, "Why not here?" "Because—" Cutting off her sentence, Seokjin resume their session by kissing Minji more passionately than ever; even better than their one night stand.

[ end of chapter eighteen ]