Kidnapped in the Park

A Royal Mistake [complete]

"He didn't fall for it?!" Jisoo asks, over the phone, "Wooyeon-sshi, are you really going to give up on Minji that easily?" "What else can I do, Jisoo?" he asks, "Director Kim will never give up on Minji."

"You have to keep trying to break them apart." she demands,
"I can't have someone else take my place in his life!"

"I don't even know where they are." Woo-yeon explains, "I lost them on the freeway;
where else would they be?"
"I don't know; but keep looking for them."

Jisoo hangs up on Woo-yeon and tosses her phone on her desk. 'They wouldn't have gone overseas.' she thought, 'They're in Seoul but where?'

Fast-forward a couple of few weeks later, Seokjin had schedule an ultrasound for Minji at the hospital, as she's about half-way into her pregnancy. "Are you sure you don't want Hoseok to come with us?" Minji asks, as they are getting in the car. "If we take Hoseok with us," Seokjin replies, "he'll reveal the gender to my parents and halmeoni." "I don't think he'll do that, Seokjin-sshi." she replies.

"But I'm your husband, not Hoseok."
"Whatever."
"Safe travels to the hospital!" Seokjin's halmeoni exclaims,
waving goodbye from the entrance.

Arriving to the hospital, Seokjin and Minji waits in one of the ultrasound room for their doctor. "Do you think it's gonna be a boy or a girl?" Seokjin asks. "I don't really care." Minji replies, "Why do you ask?" "Because if it's a boy, he'll be as handsome as his dad." Seokjin explains, holding Minji's hands, "But if it's a girl, she'll be as beautiful as her mom." Minji gives him a weird look and thought, 'How did I get stuck with you being my husband again?' Just then, their doctor comes into the room with a warm greeting and began the appointment.

"As you see here, on the screen," she replies, waving the wand over Minji's tummy, "you should see the baby's head right here." "Do you see it, Minji?" Seokjin asks, while sitting besides the bed, "Do you see our—"

"I'm not blind, Seokjin-sshi." she teases,
"I can see our baby perfectly."
"Do you want to know if it's a boy or a girl?"

Both of them nodded their head, giving her their permission to reveal the gender. "Alright, we're gonna move down to the bottom of the baby to figure out if it's a boy or a girl." With both of their eyes locked on the small screen, Seokjin began to hold Minji's hand even more tighter. Once identifying the baby's private part, the doctor replies, "It looks like your baby is going to be a baby boy." After their appointment, Seokjin couldn't stop staring that the ultrasound picture of their soon-to-be baby boy. "I can't believe I'm going to be a dad to a baby boy!" he exclaims, loudly. Minji smacks his arm and says, "You're too loud, Seokjin."

"Sorry."
"You should be."

Seokjin shrugs and continues to look at the picture. "When should we tell everyone?" Minji asks, once they've reach one of the elevators. "We'll wait until you're a little bigger." Seokjin replies, "Only then, everyone will know." Minji smiles at Seokjin; however, she remembers that her parents are still gone. 'How am I going to tell them that they are going to have a grandson?' she thought to herself, 'Even now, I haven't heard anything from them.'

Returning to halmeoni's house, Seokjin's halmeoni pulls them into the living room and asks, "How did it go?" "Everything is fine." Seokjin explains, "Both mother and child are healthy and well."

"But did you find out about the gender?"
"We did, halmeoni." Minji replies.
"A great-grandson or great-granddaughter?"

"It's a secret, halmeoni." Seokjin replies.

"Why is it a secret, Seokjin-ah?" she asks, "I'm your halmeoni and you dare keep the gender of my great-grandchild from me." "I want the gender to be a secret from everyone." he explains.

"Even from your parents?"
"Yes."

"What about Minji's parents?" his halmeoni asks, "We haven't heard anything from them; we don't even know if they're still in Korea." "The only person who has contact with Minji's parents are An Woo-yeon." Hoseok explains.

"If he knows how to contact them," she replies,
"then we could ask him for—"
"Halmeoni—"

"Let's not talk about my parents at this moment." Minji replies, trying not to tear up, "It won't do any good for the baby." "O-okay." Seokjin replies, stuttering, "D-did you want to rest upstairs?" Minji nods her head and excuses herself from the conversation with Seokjin. Heading upstairs to their bedroom, Seokjin walks Minji to the bed and asks, "Do you need your prescriptions?" "I'm fine." she reassures, "I just don't you and halmeoni to be arguing about Woo-yeon."

"You still care about that guy?!"
Minji shook her head and replies, "I only care
for him as a friend; nothing more than that."

"Minji, listen," Seokjin replies, "I just have a bad feeling about Woo-yeon."

"Since when?"
"Since the day you ran away." he explains, "He wasn't
acting like himself as if someone is telling him what to do."
"Even at the hospital?" she asks.

Seokjin nods his head in response to the question. 'Does that mean he's been lying the whole time?' Minji thought to herself, 'If so, what is the reason?'

Meanwhile at Seokjin's place in the evening, Jisoo is privately talking with Seokjin's abeoji. "Seokjin has not come home since the day Minji left, Jisoo-sshi." he explains, "What brings you here?" "I suspect that halmeoni has to do something with their whereabouts." Jisoo explains, "Could you by any chance give me her—"

"I cannot give you my mother's address."
"CEO Kim," Jisoo replies, "I don't have time to play your game;

if you want that girl out of Seokjin's life, then you'll have to play my game."

Seokjin's abeoji scoffs at her offer and asks, "And what will it be?"

"I need to you to contact a special somebody for me."
"Like who? Who is crazy enough to harm a pregnant woman?"
"If you don't want that baby to be born," Jisoo replies,
"then you're gonna have to trust me on this, CEO Kim."

The next day, around 10 o'clock in the morning, Minji decides to contact Woo-yeon for any new informations. "Wooyeon-sshi," Minji asks, over the phone, "is it possible if you could give me—" "If you're talking about your parents," he replies, cutting her off, "they told me not to give you any information about their whereabouts."

"But—"
"They've only told me to watch over you and
your baby, Minji-ah."

"I don't understand." Minji replies, "Why haven't they—" Seokjin takes the phone out of Minji's grasp and ends the call without saying anything. "Seokjin-sshi...." she replies, looking up at him. "It's a waste of time." Seokjin explains, putting the phone down on the nightstand, "If Woo-yeon can't tell us where your parents are, then we'll have to look for clues somewhere else."

"We have to start somewhere, Seokjin."
"And I say we go out and look for them
ourselves." he replies.

Hoseok walks into the bedroom with the car keys and announces, "The vehicle is ready, sir."

"How are they, hyung?" Jae-ha asks, "Are they willing to tell?" "It's been a month." Dong Ha explains, "And no words are coming about their daughter's whereabout." "Leader Shin isn't going to like our results." Se-jong replies, "If we can't get a word out of their mouths, who knows how he's gonna—" "I got news for us, fellas." Sung-rok replies, walking into their conversations, "We have a kidnapping to do." "Who?" they replied. "A woman by the name of Kim Minji." he explains, tossing an envelope on the table, "Seems like we've found our debtors final payment at last." Dong Ha grabs the envelope in his hands, opens the flap and pour out the evidences onto the table, revealing pictures of their target:

(Pictures from the envelope)

"She's a keeper." Jae-ha replies, picking up one of the pictures, "Now we know why they won't let us have her." "Start finding her now." Sung-rok replies, "She could be anywhere." His henchmens nod and scurries along to find Minji in Seoul.

Meanwhile, Seokjin and Minji are searching for her parents around town. "Are you sure we shouldn't bring Hoseok with us?" Minji asks, while in the car, "You're a prince, remember?" "You worry too much, Minji." Seokjin replies, "We're not going anywhere that's dangerous."

"Everywhere is dangerous." she explains,
"Especially for you because—"

"We'll be fine." he reassures, "Everything is going to be alright." After searching high and low for them, there was still no sign of Minji's parents anywhere. Seokjin eventually decides that it's time for them to stop and rest; and so, he drives up to a small convenience store to stop for a quick lunch. "Did you want anything, Minji?" Seokjin asks, before getting out of his vehicle. "Anything is fine." Minji replies, "Hurry back." "I will." Once Seokjin head inside the store, two of Sung-rok's gang members, Jae-ha and Se-jong, walked right out the door after their short investigation with the clerk. "How can finding a girl be so hard?" Jae-ha complains, standing aside, "It's not like she's—" "Don't you remember what Leader Shin said?" Se-jong explains, "The client told him that our target is pregnant, so she's probably not out and about." Just before they were gonna leave, Jae-ha spots Seokjin's vehicle and sees Minji sitting inside. "Yah," he replies, hitting Se-jong, "do you think that's her?" "What are you talking about?" Se-jong asks. Jae-ha points to the vehicle's direction, more specifically Minji, hoping that Se-jong would see her. "Her?" he asks, pointing in the same direction as Jae-ha. "Yes!" Jae-ha exclaims, "That's her!" Before they could even make their move, Seokjin comes out of the store, heads into the car with their lunch, and drove away. "Aish~!" they both replied.

"What do you mean you lost them?!" Dong Ha exclaims, over the phone, "Is she with someone?" "Seems like he's her boyfriend." Se-jong explains, "We're not too sure about it." "Well, try to find them again." Dong Ha replies, "We can't lose sight of her or else." "Roger that, hyung." Jae-ha replies, before hanging up.

At a nearby park, Seokjin and Minji try their luck on foot. "Are you tired yet, Minji?" Seokjin asks. "I'm fine." she reassures, "It hasn't been long since we got out of the car."

"Remember to not force yourself."
"I won't."

Walking around for the third time, Seokjin then forces Minji to take a seat on a nearby bench. "No sign of them near here." Seokjin replies, "Do you have another place that you think they'll be?" Minji shakes her head at Seokjin.

"I don't know; we've searched everywhere in Seoul."
"It's only been one day; I'm sure they'll pop
out of somewhere to find you."

'I can only hope.' she thought to herself. "Crap!" Seokjin exclaims, getting up from the bench. "What?!" Minji exclaims.

"I forgot to grab your vitamins from the car."
"It's okay, Seokjin; I don't need—"

Ignoring her, Seokjin had already sprinted for the car to fetch Minji's vitamins. 'He worries me sometimes.' Minji thought, 'A day without my vitamins will be okay.Ten minutes goes by and Seokjin hasn't return yet. 'Maybe I should go look for him' As she stood up from the bench, Minji is confronted by Sung-rok's goons. "Are you Kim Minji?" Se-jong asks, coming up to her. "Yes?"

"Great!' he replies, with a smile, "I heard that you were
searching for your parents."
"Do you know where they are?" Minji asks, with glee of joy.
"Of course I do."

"Let me inform my—" "Sorry," Jae-ha cuts in, "but we only need you." That's when her facial expression changed when he suddenly pulls out a cloth, drenched in chloroform, covers her nose and mouth for a split second, eventually causes her to become unconsious. "We got the girl." Jae-ha reports, over the phone. "Good." Dong Ha answers, "Now, hurry back to base before anyone else sees you two." Se-jong eventually carries Minji, bridal style, and heads for the black van before anyone else sees. Seokjin hurries back to the scene moments later; however, there is no sign of Minji anywhere. "Minji?!" Seokjin shouts, while looking around, "Minji, where are you?!"

Fast-forward to an unknown location, Minji finally woke up from the chloroform, only to realize that she is tied up in a cold, metal chair with a single dangling light above her. "Where am I?" she asks herself. "Finally awake, I see." someone replies. "Who said that?" Sung-rok comes out of the shadows with a smirk upon his face and replies, "We finally meet, my wife."

• • [ end of chapter fifteen ] • •