The Second Misunderstanding: Part One

A Royal Mistake [complete]

Meanwhile in Gapyeong, Seokjin and his team are discussing about a special engagement photoshoot without Minji. "How many sets are we planning to do?" Seokjin asks, referring to the head photographer. "Three sets." he explains, "A modern royal theme, a vintage 1950s style theme and a secret garden theme; is that alright with you?" Seokjin nods his head in agreement. "He's in here, m'lady." replied the hotel receptionist, coming into the conference room. Minji walks in with Hoseok and is in shocked by the whole setup. Makeup artists on one side of the room, hairstylists on the other next to the wardrobe specialists etc. 'Did I walk into the right room?' she thought to herself.

"There's our leading lady." the head photographer announces,
standing up from his seat, "Let's give her a big hand."

Everyone in the room is clapping and cheering for Minji's arrival while Seokjin gets up from his seat and greets her. "Did you sleep well last night?" he asks. "What is all of this?" she asks, ignoring his question, "Why are we in Gapyeong?"

"I thought it would be a wonderful idea for us
to have an engagement photoshoot." Seokjin explains.
"But we're not really—"
"If you want to convince my father, then I'll have to
fight fire with fire."
"Seokjin-sshi...."

"Don't worry, Mrs. Kim." the head photographer replies, popping into their conversation, "Seokjin told me about your pregnancy; we don't need to get all the sets in today." Minji looks over at Seokjin, back at the photographer and then back at Seokjin. 'What does he mean fight fire with fire?' she thought to herself, 'Is he talking about Jisoo?' "Hoseok," Seokjin replies, "here is my hotel key card and yours; take Minji to my room and rest up in your room." Hoseok nods and escorts Minji out of the conference room. "Hoseok," Minji replies, as they're in the elevator, "do you think Seokjin is acting different?" "I honestly don't know how to answer that, Minji." he explains, "After last night's incident, I honestly cannot answer you." Minji nods and sighs in silence. 'Last night's incident, huh?'

Half hour later, Seokjin makes his way back to his room and sees Minji sitting on the edge of the bed, looking nervous. "Is everything alright?" he asks, closing the door behind him. Minji breaks out of her situation and stutters, "I-I'm f-fine." Seokjin walks up to Minji and kneels before her. "Seokjin-sshi...?" she asks, as he brought his right hand to caress her left cheek. "Today is a special day for you." Seokjin reassures, "You don't need to act nervous."

"It's not that."
"Then what is it?" he asks.

'How can I explain it?' Minji thought, 'Do I ask him?' "When you came home last night," she began, "do you remember doing anything?" A moment of silent ensue after Minji spoke. 'He doesn't remember.' "Did you want to continue it from last night?" Seokjin asks. "Huh?" Minji's heart began to beat rapidly as her face is slowly turning into different shades of red. Seokjin stands up from his current position, cups her face with both hands and leans in for a romantic kiss. She responds back with his advances and it initiates Seokjin to deepen the kiss and proceeds even further.

Now cuddled together, under the sheets, Seokjin sniffs Minji's shoulder and says, "What have you been using?" "Just the usual scent." Minji answers, "I haven't changed anything."

"It makes me want to—"
"We have to get ready, Seokjin."
"Five minutes."

Minji turns to Seokjin and he immediately locks his lips onto her's. She pushes away from the kiss and nearly climbs out of the bed until Seokjin pulls her back down with the comforter. "Let me go, Seokjin-sshi." she replies, "What if someone walks in?" "Then let them see." Seokjin replies, with a smirk, "Then they'll probably start the first shoot in the bedroom." Minji turns bright red at his comment. "Y-yah!?" she stutters, "That's too much."

"I'm kidding."

Seokjin releases Minji from his grasp and heads into the bathroom first. She sits up on the bed, still covering herself with the comforter, and ponder on what had just happened. 'When he kissed me,' she thought, 'it felt like the first time we did it; but this time, it was different.' "Are you going to keep sitting there or did you want to clean yourself up?" Seokjin asks, poking his head through the bathroom door. "C-coming." Minji answers.

Arriving to the first location, the costume designers had dressed Seokjin in a dark blue royal uniform paired with black dress shoes and adorn with a light blue sash across the chest, a gold braid from the right shoulders and false-like medals; meanwhile, the hairstylists gave his hair a dandy fringe-up hairstyle, adding more volume on his fringes and the make up crew gave him a natual makeup look to expose his already handsome face. He comes out of the tent to wait for Minji and receives compliments from all the staffs. "You look even more handsome." one replies. "I wish I was lucky enough to do a shoot with him." another said.

"His wife is so lucky to have him as a husband."
"If you all keep complimenting him, when will we
ever get things done?" the head photographer, "Now
hurry up and make sure his wife is as beautiful as
our main man."

In a hurry, they all scurry to Minji's tent. "I'm sorry about them, Seokjin." he replies, "I told them to not act like that around you." "It's fine." Seokjin reassures, "I don't get much compliments from my wife." "How so?" "I feel like she's too embarrassed to be my wife." "Well, I should probably get going and see how the sets are coming along." the head photographer replies. Seokjin acknowledges this and lets him go back to his work. "Director Kim," replies one of the security guards, coming up to Seokjin, "someone is here to see you." He turns his attention behind him and saw that it was one of his friends.

"Long time no see, Seokjin."
"Lee Jae-hwan?!" Seokjin exclaims,
"What are you doing here?"

"I heard that you were having a photoshoot in Gapyeong." he explains, "Where's the bride?" "She's still getting ready." Seokjin replies. "She's ready!" exclaims the head designer. Both Seokjin and Jae-hwan turns their attention to Minji's tent and see her walk out dressed in a white, elegant, off the shoulder wedding dress that trails behind her and a white veil that compliments her long and silky black locks of hair while wearing a pair of 3 inch heels, adorn with rhinestones. "Seokjin," Jae-hwan whispers, "how did you get lucky with someone like her; she's like an angel from heaven in that dress." "I agree." Seokjin whispers back, "I always ask myself that every single day."

"Do I look alright?" Minji asks, "This is a bit much for me." "You look beautiful." Seokjin replies, walking up to her, "You're glowing with beauty."

"I'm more worried about tripping in these shoes." she replies,
"One more step and I'll be falling."
"If that happens or if you start feeling pain," he explains,
"tell me immediately, okay?"

Jae-hwan clears his throat, trying to draw attention to him and asks, "Aren't you forgetting someone, Seokjin?"

"You bought one of your friends?"

"Not just any friend." Jae-hwan replies, walking up to the couple, "I am only one of his closest friends; my name is Lee Jae-hwan."

"Kim Minji."
"Anyways, when you guys are done with the photoshoot," he replies,
"I'll see you back at the hotel."

After Jae-hwan left, Seokjin and Minji began their modern theme set.

During the couple photos, the photographer asks, "Seokjin-sshi, can you pull the bride closer to you; I wanna get at least one kissing picture." Seokjin fixes his posture to match the photographer's instruction, gently pulling Minji closer to his body.

"Good; now I need both the bride and groom to look at each other
as well as the bride resting her left hand on the groom's chest."

Again, they both follow with the next step.

"Alright then; can I have the groom slowly lean in for a kiss
on the cheek and can I have the bride slightly turn to the camera
and give us a simple smile as soon as the kiss happens."

'Why so many instructions?' Minji thought to herself, 'My feet are aching from these shoes.' Noticing her annoyance, Seokjin speaks out, "Let's take a ten minute break." "Alright; let's take ten everybody." the head photographer replies. Seokjin and Minji step away from each other and began to fix themselves; the makeup crew come running up to Seokjin and began fixing any bare spots. "You look absolutely stunning in the photos, Prince Seokjin." one says "And this is only the first set." "Agreed." said another, "I wonder how you will look in the other sets." "Thank you for all the kind compliments." he replies, with a smile. Minji, while being up aside, attempts to head back to her tent to check on her aching feet; however, Seokjin asks, "Where are you going, Minji?"

"I-i'm about to go—"
"You said that if you were to take another step,
you would fall over, right?" he asks, walking up to her.

"Huh?" she asks.

Before Minji knew it, Seokjin has lifted her off the ground with all his strength, carrying her bridal style. "Seokjin-sshi?!" Minji exclaims, in shock. "Is there a first-aid kit here?" Seokjin asks, "If you have it, find me back at the tents." Once reaching the tents, Seokjin gently places Minji in one of the chairs, kneels in front of her and began to take off her shoes, only to find reddness all over the back of her heel. "You should've told me earlier." Seokjin replies, looking up at Minji, "I can't stand seeing you hurt." "I didn't want to stop the photographer." Minji explains, "He's been working so hard to—"

"Kim Minji," Seokjin snaps, cutting her off, "you are my wife;
I have a duty as your husband to care for you."
"But—"
"This crew is very understanding and has worked with my parents before;
something as simple as this, they can wait."

Just then, one of the staffs came in and asks, "Were you the one asking for the first-aid kit?" Seokjin stood up from the ground and explains, "She's experiencing pain around her heels from the previous shoes; once you've finished, find more comfortable shoes for Minji." "What about the couple set?" Minji asks. "We've taken enough for the modern theme." Seokjin replies, turning to Minji, "I'm going to ask the photographer to start the individual set for the modern theme." Just as Minji was going to say anything else, Seokjin has already left the tent.

"You're very lucky, Mrs. Kim."
"Why do you say that?" Minji asks, "I wouldn't
consider myself as lucky."

"I mean that you are lucky to have a husband who cares for you." she replies, taking out gauze and medicine cream from the first-aid kit, "I hope I can have someone as similar as the Prince."

After his individual set, Seokjin goes up to the head photographer and replies, "For the bride's set, we'll do it another day." "I've heard from the other staffs." he replies, "Just tell me and I can reschedule it for you; now go get dressed for the vintage set."

On his way back to his tent, Seokjin decides to call Jae-hwan:

"Jae-hwan, remember that favor I was about to tell you."
"Yeah....why?" his friend asks.
"You're a good drawer, right?" Seokjin asks.


"Yes." Jae-hwan replies, "have you not seen any of my
beautiful drawings, Seokjin?"
"I've seen them; but can you draw something for me?"
"Like what?"


"A drawing of me, my wife and our child." Seokjin explains.
"Child?!" he exclaims, "Since when did you get your wife pregnant?!"
"I'll explain that later."


"You better tell me how you got your wife pregnant!"
"I will; okay bye."
"Wait, Seokjin! You have to send me a picture for references."
"Got it."

Ending his call, Seokjin then decides to go check up on Minji instead. "Minji," he asks, walking into her tent, "are you still in here?" Right in front of him, he sees Minji fast asleep in her chair, while still in her first dress. 'Must've been tiring for her.' Seokjin thought to himself. "Prince Seokjin," Minji's stylist replies, entering the tent, "the crew is looking for you to—" "Tell everyone to take their lunch break." he instructs, "I'm going to bring my wife back to the hotel."

"But what about the photoshoot?"
"I'll finish my sets today and reschedule the rest." Seokjin reassures,
"I'll go ahead and wire the money afterwards."

She nods and quickly heads out to find the head photographer, telling him the news. Seokjin walks up to Minji, carefully pulls her into his arms, carrys her out of the tent and to the parking lot. Hoseok comes out of their vehicle and asks, "What happened to Minji?" "Nothing." Seokjin replies, "She's very tired."

"So—"
"I need you to bring her back to the hotel for me."
"And will she be okay with it?"

Seokjin rolls his eyes at Hoseok and says, "It's for her and the baby." "Alright." Hoseok answers, taking Minji from Seokjin's care, "But if she wakes up and nags at me, then I'm blaming it on you." "I'll try to finish fast before she wakes up." Seokjin replies. 

Fast-forward to that very evening, Minji wakes up from her long overdue nap, sits herself up on the bed to find herself alone. 'Why am I here?' she thought, 'Shouldn't I be—' "You're awake?" Hoseok asks, coming into the room, "I thought you never wake up."

"Hoseok-sshi?"
"Seokjin is finishing his last set and
will be back soon." he explains.

Minji nods her head, pulling the covers for more warmth and then asks, "What about the rest of the photoshoot? Like the couple sets? My sets?" "We'll finish the rest tomorrow." Seokjin explains, walking in, "I already told the crew; so don't worry about it."

"I dozed off in the tent, didn't I?"
"I didn't want to wake you."
"But still—"

Before Minji could say anything else, Seokjin unexpectingly pats her on the head and replies, "You did well today." Hoseok, on the other hand, quietly makes his exit from the room. "But I didn't do much." Minji says, "I slept on the job." "Being pregnant and all; of course you're going to fall asleep."

"What about the other sets?"
"I told them to reschedule them for another time."
"Seokjin—"

Just then, his cellphone rang. Seokjin grabs his phone out of his pocket and saw that it is a call from the company. "I need to take this." Seokjin replies, heading into the hotel bathroom. "What's the problem, Secretary Chae?" "I have some important documents that I need you to look over." she explains, "CEO Kim said it's urgent." "I'll be on my way." Seokjin replies, "Thanks for letting me know." After the phone call, Seokjin walks out of the bathroom and calls Hoseok to tell him about their sudden departure. Upon returning home, Seokjin tells Mr. Han and the maids to bring their belongings back to their bedrooms before he leaves. "Are you sure you still want to go to the company?" Minji asks, before heading inside, "It's nearly midnight." "Secretary Chae needs me to look over some important documents for the company." Seokjin explains, "I'll be back before sunrise." He quickly kisses Minji on her forehead and bids farewell.

Running along the stairwell, Seokjin's omma comes out of nowhere to greet Minji with open arms. "How was the photoshoot, my dear; did you have fun?" she asks. "Seokjin had to reschedule it." Minji explains, pulling away from the hug. "That's because you are with child." Seokjin's abeoji replies, coming around the corner, "Of course, I'm just saying." "Yeobo?" Seokjin's omma questions.

"What do you mean by that, abeoji?"
"How can you be sure that my son will come
back before sunrise?" he asks, "His paperworks are very important
for the sake of my company; one little mistake could ruin everything."
"Yeobo," Seokjin's omma replies, "stop joking around."

"Seokjin-sshi and I are learning to accept each other's pros and cons." Minji explains, "From the beginning, he hasn't broken a promise made to me." "And what if he did break his promise?" "I would walk out of his life." she says, "I would take my belongings and your grandchild with me." "That child inside of you will never be a part of our family." Seokjin's abeoji snarks, "Neither will you." Just like that, he turns away from the two women and heads back into his space. "Don't listen to him, Minji." Seokjin's omma replies, "He's only saying that because—" "I'm fine, omma." Minji reassures her, "His words don't mean anything to me; if he can't accept me now, then I'll have to try harder."

At the company, Seokjin is working on his important paper works with Ms. Chae and intern Jisoo. "I'm leaving for the night, Director Kim." Ms. Chae replies, "See you tomorrow morning." "Get home safely." Seokjin replies. Once she finally left, it was only Jisoo and Seokjin alone. To break the silence, Jisoo asks, "Did you want anything to drink?" "A cup of coffee will be alright with me." he replies, still focusing on his papers, "You know the usual." Jisoo gets up from her seat, heads over to the coffee machine to make some for both her and Seokjin; however, she decides to add someting into one of the coffee without him noticing. "Here you go, Seokjin." Jisoo replies, walking over to hand him the mug. "Thank you, Jisoo." he replies, taking it from her grasp. As she walks back to her desk, Jisoo keeps a close eye on Seokjin as he began to drink from the mug. 'Now you won't get away from me, Seokjin.' Jisoo thought to herself, 'Once I get you, I will begin my revenge against CEO Kim.'

Nearing four o'clock in the morning, Minji eventually comes out of her bedroom to sneak a peek on the front entrance. 'He should be coming home by now.' Minji thought, 'It's already nightfall.' "Minji," Hoseok replies, coming up to her, "you should be sleeping like everyone else." "I can't sleep." she replies, "I keep tossing and turning while in bed."

"But Seokjin told me to look after you
when he's not here."

'He wouldn't go back on his word; Seokjin-sshi already promised me.' "Minji-ah?" he asks. "I can't stop worrying that something bad happened to him, Hoseok." Minji says, "Is it just me or do you feel the same?" Hoseok sighs heavily. "If you insist in staying up," he replies, "let me grab a throw blanket for you and we'll stay in the living room."

The next morning, Seokjin wakes up with a migraine from last night's work; however, found himself in a random hotel room. 'How did I get here?' he thought to himself, 'The last thing I can remember is—' "You're finally awake, Seokjin." Jisoo replies, coming out of the bathroom in a robe.

"Jisoo, what happened last night?"

"You don't remember what we did?" she asks, sarcastically leaning on the door frame, "We were having such a great time too." 'Crap; did we—that's impossible—the coffee from last night?' "What did you put in the coffee?!" Seokjin exclaims, sitting up on the hotel bed. "It was just regular coffee sweetener." she lies. "Enough with your games, Jisoo." he snaps, getting dressed, "Why did you bring me here; what happened to—" "You should probaby head on home, Director Kim." Jisoo replies, cutting him off, "I'm sure your wife is still waiting for you." As Seokjin quickly grabs his belongings and heads out of the hotel room, Jisoo walks over to the nightstand, grabs her phone and began to go through her gallery, searching for something. 'Hopefully Minji doesn't mind sharing her husband with me after this video.' she thought. And so, she sends the secret video to Minji through text message with a sinister smile on her face.

Meanwhile at home, Minji is sitting in the kitchen, sipping on a cup of water. 'He still hasn't called me.' she thought, 'At least he could've told me to—' "Minji-sshi," Mrs. Chung replies, interrupting her train of thought, "you have a guest." "Who is it?" she asks. "An Woo-Yeon." Mrs. Chung explains, "He said that it's very urgent." 'Why would Woo-Yeon have urgent news for me?' "Minji," Woo-Yeon replies, "how are you feeling?" "I'm fine, Woo-Yeon." she replies, "What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to take you out for breakfast."
"Breakfast?"
"If that's okay with you."

Hoseok comes into the kitchen and says, "An Woo-Yeon, don't you see that Minji is married to your boss?" "And where is he?" Woo-Yeon asks, "I don't see him anywhere." Hoseok scoffs at this man's words. "It'll be fine, Hoseok." Minji replies, getting up from her seat, "I'll send you where we're going for breakfast." "But—" "Woo-Yeon says it's urgent, Hoseok-ah." Mrs. Chung adds, "What if he knows something about you know who?" Woo-Yeon eventually leads Minji out of the kitchen and the two head out for breakfast together. 'Seokjin is not going to like this.' Hoseok thought.

An hour later, Seokjin finally arrives home, only to be greeted by Mr. Han. "Rough night, your Highness?" he asks. "Where's Minji?" Seokjin asks, ignoring Mr. Han's question.

"She's meeting with a friend named An Woo-Yeon."
"Did she tell you where they were going?"

Mr. Han shook his head and continues with his duties. 'Why would she go and meet him?' Seokjin thought, 'She said there was nothing between them.' "Where have you been, Seokjin?" Hoseok asks, approaching him. "It's been a long story." Seokjin replies. "Minji waited for you to come back home last night." he explains, "I insisted her to go to bed, but she wouldn't." Seokjin sighs heavily before saying anything else. "By the way," Hoseok replies, "that An Woo-Yeon guy came by to tell Minji something; I don't know what it was, but it seems serious."

• • [ end of chapter thirteen ] • •
( author's words )
haven't been updating this as much as i would like to.
the past couple months have been busy with family and
inspirational loss in re-editing.

thank you for waiting for this chapter revision and i'll
do my best to get the others done as fast as possible.