Who's Important to Prince Seokjin?

A Royal Mistake [complete]

"....Seokjin-sshi...." Minji replies, faintly. Seokjin rushes to her side and replies, "I'm here; I'm here." "Seokjin-sshi...." she continues, "....Seokjin-sshi, I didn't—" "If you're worried about Irene and her omma," he replies, cutting her off, "we already handled it." That's when Minji remembered about the clinic.

"The baby!" she exclaims, sitting straight
up on the bed, "Did anything happen to the baby?"
"Nothing happened to the baby." Seokjin reassures,
"You were awake right before they could even start."

Minji sighs in relief. "But halmeoni insisted on calling a doctor over to the mansion." he explains, "We all want to know if the dosage of Mrs. Bae's sleeping pill affected the baby." "Master Seokjin," Mr. Han replies, on the other side of the door, "the doctor is here to examine Minji-sshi." Moments after examining Minji, their doctor explains, "Everything seems fine at the moment; just keep an eye on whatever she's eating and drinking in case this happens again." "Thank you, uisa-seongsaengnim." Seokjin replies, "Mr. Han, if you could her out." "Certainly." he replies, guiding her out of the room.

After the doctor has left, Seokjin sits on the bedside and holds onto Minji's hands. "Sorry for making you worried." Minji replies, looking worrisome, "I wouldn't think that Mrs. Bae would—" "Forget about what Mrs. Bae did, Minji." Seokjin replies, "Just remember to not trust others so easily."

"You should wash up." Minji explains,
"Omma and abeoji probably wants you to head back to the company."
"True; I haven't been working there for awhile now."

Before leaving her side, Seokjin kisses her on the forehead and walks out of her bedroom. As Seokjin is getting ready for work, he asks Mr. Han a favor. "When I'm away at work," Seokjin replies, "can you keep a close eye on Minji; same goes with Mrs. Chung and everyone else in the mansion." "What for, sire?" Mr. Han asks, "Do you not trust her being alone?"

"I'm afraid that her 'other men' will
come and cause trouble." he explains,
"I don't want abeoji to hate her even more."

"Alright then." Mr. Han replies, willingly, "I will do as you say; we'll see you tonight for dinner." "Great." After receiving Mr. Han's answer, Seokjin walks out the front door of the mansion and heads off to work.

"What's on the list today, Secretary Chae?" Seokjin asks, once entering in his office. "CEO Kim wants you to interview the new interns that we've hired around 9 o'clock." she replies, "And then you will be having lunch with CEO Kim and—"

"Secretary Chae?"
"Yes?"
"Can you cancel the
lunch with my parents?" Seokjin asks,
"I have to—"

"Your mother already told me about your wife the last time she was here." Secretary Chae explains, "And before you say anything else, I already promised her that I wouldn't tell another soul." "So, are you able to cancel the lunch?" he asks again.

"Of course; I will tell them that
you have other errands to handle."
"Thank you."

Once the clock striked nine, Secretary Chae knocks on his office door. "Come in." Seokjin replies. She opens the door and replies, "The first intern is here for the interview, sir." "Male or female?" "Female." "Let her in." As Secretary Chae widens the door for the intern, Seokjin glances up and instantly remembers who she is.

• • [ 2 years ago ] • •

It's the night of Christmas Eve and Seokjin is talking to a mysterious woman in a small café. "Let's break up, Seokjin-sshi." "Is it because of my abeoji, Jisoo?" Seokjin asks. "The reason doesn't matter." she replies, "I'm not confident enough to be in a relationship with someone like you." "I can change everything for you, dear." he replies, placing his hand over her's, "I can—" "But that's not what I want, Seokjin." Jisoo explains, "I want to live a regular life; not live a life with riches and fame."

"And I am willing to do that for you; Once we are
married, then we can move out and live on our own."
"And how long will I have to wait? I can't wait any longer."

Seokjin struggles to give her a direct answer. "We've been dating for three years and nothing has changed since then, Seokjin-ah." Jisoo explains. "Just give me time, Jisoo." Seokjin reassures, "Business is really hard right now and I—" Without any hesitation, she pulls off the engagement ring from her left hand and places it in front of Seokjin. "You can have this ring back." Jisoo replies, "I no longer want to be a part of your life."  Jisoo then pulls away from Seokjin's grasp, stood up from her seat and storms out of the café, crying her sorrows away. Seokjin immediately rushes after Jisoo, leaving behind the cups of coffee. "Jisoo!" he shouts, while wandering around outside, "Jisoo!"

After searching for an hour, Seokjin finally gives up on looking for Jisoo and returns to the café. Once entering, he glances at the clock and realizes that it was a minute before midnight. 'Only a minute away and it would've marked our four anniversary.' he thought. The café clock finally struck midnight, indicating the end of Seokjin's first real relationship with his true love.

Early that Christmas morning, Jisoo began to board a plane, which is heading to New York, leaving behind her old life with Seokjin and her family and to start anew with a job offer she received from Seokjin's abeoji; he offered her a job but wanted her to end the relationship with his son.

• • [ end of flashback ] • •

"Seokjin-sshi," Secretary Chae asks, "is everything alright?" "I-I'm fine." he stutters, "If you'll excuse me for a moment." Seokjin immediately stood up from his office seat and heads out, ignoring the new intern. "This is the first time he has ever done that." Secretary Chae replies, talking to herself, "Let me apolgize for his actions, Ms. Kim." "I'll be right back, Secretary Chae." she replies, "I have to use the bathroom quickly."

"S-sure; take a left and then it'll
be on your right."
"Thank you." Jisoo replies.

Seokjin sits in the empty lobby, trying to clear his mind. 'Why would she come back now?' he thought, 'Why did I have to meet her now?' "Is anyone sitting here?" someone asks. "Not at all." he replies, until realizing who he was talking to. It was Jisoo. She quietly sits next to him and asks, "How have you been?" Seokjin doesn't answer.

"I didn't know that you would be—"
"Why are you here, Jisoo?" Seokjin asks, cutting her off.
"I've come here to do work-related things." Jisoo explains,
"I didn't expect to see you here as my boss."

"I thought you said that you wanted to live a normal life." he replies, turning his attention to her, "But now you're working at a high profile job?" Jisoo sighs at his response and replies, "I didn't take this job to ruin you, Seokjin-sshi; I took it as my career."

"Do you know how long I've looked for you, Jisoo-sshi;
do you know how long I've waited for you to come back to my side?"

Upon hearing this, Minji, who came to visit Seokjin for the first time, overhears their conversation. She immediately thought to herself, 'Seokjin had a girlfriend?' Still interested in their conversation, Minji continues to stay and listen. "I wanted you to forget about me." Jisoo replies, "I wanted you to—" "We could've been married, Kim Jisoo." Seokjin replies, cutting her off, "I was planning to propose to you that evening before midnight."

"Seokjin—"

At that moment, they both hear the sound of breaking glass, coming from one of the corners. Minji, on the other hand, escapes from the crime scene, hoping not to get caught. Seokjin rushes to where the sound was and notices a broken vase had fallen from its table. "Who was that, Seokjin?" Jisoo asks, getting up from her seat. "I don't know." he answers, "I really don't know."

Outside of the company, Minji finally comes to a stop, sits down on a bench, while trying to catch her breath. 'If he knew that I was eavesdropping,' she thought to herself, 'I would've put myself in an awkward position.' "Minji?" Woo-yeon asks, coming from a distance. Minji looks up and sees her neighbor, coming towards her. "Wooyeon-sshi?" Minji asks, standing up, "What are you doing here?" "I was going to ask you the same thing." he replies, "But I don't have a lot of time." "Are you here for—"

"I have an interview today." Woo-yeon explains,
"Did you come here to see—"
"He's busy at the moment." Minji lies, "So I decided
to come out to get some fresh air."

"Then should I you back?" Woo-yeon asks, "If you don't mind." "T-that's fine." As the two walk back inside the building, Minji thought, 'He's gonna find out for sure.'

Seokjin sits in his office, waiting for the second intern to arrive; however, his mind was on the broken vase from earlier. 'Who could've broken it?' he thought to himself, 'There was no one else in the lobby besides me and Jisoo.' "The next intern is here." Secretary Chae replies, opening the door. "Bring them in." he replies. As soon as Woo-yeon steps into the office, Seokjin immediately recognizes him and then sees Minji outside of his office. 'Why is Minji here?' Seokjin thought, as the door closes, 'Did she come here by herself?' "It's a pleasure to meet you again, Mr—" Woo-yeon replies. "You don't have to call me Mr. Kim." Seokjin replies, cutting him off, "I prefer if people call me by my name." "You don't seem as busy as she said you were." he replies.

"Huh?"
"Minji was telling me that
you were busy earlier before—"

"When did you talk to Minji?" Seokjin asks, cutting Woo-yeon off again, "Just recently?" "When we were still outside." Woo-yeon explains, "She said that she came back out because you were busy." "You know what, Woo-yeon," Seokjin replies, "I don't even need to interview you; you're hired."

"Really?"
"Yep."

Seokjin heads for the door with Woo-yeon following after him, opening it and looks at Minji. "You may leave." he replies, referring to Woo-yeon and Secretary Chae, "I have business with my wife." He grabs a hold of Minji's left arm and pulls her into his office, closing his doors. As Woo-yeon and Secretary Chae were about to leave, Seokjin pops his head out of the door and replies, "Secretary Chae, if anyone is looking for me, tell them that I went for lunch and make sure no one knows about this, especially CEO Kim." "O-okay sir." she replies, with a questionable tone. After that, Seokjin closes his office doors once again; however, he decides to lock it in the process and leaves a confused Woo-yeon and Secretary Chae out in the open hallway, exchanging looks at each other. "I guess I'll schedule you the next time you're coming." Secretary Chae explains, "If you'll follow me this way." Woo-yeon nods and follows after Seokjin's secretary to another part of the company building.

As he's pacing back and forth, Minji could feel the awkward tension inside the room. "Why are you here at the company?" Seokjin asks, finally coming to a stop, "You should've told me that—" "I didn't have my phone on me." Minji explains, refusing eye contact, "Besides, it wasn't my idea on coming."

"Then who was it?"
"Omma and halmeoni convinced me
to come and visit you."

Seokjin walks to Minji and asks, "Convinced you?" "I couldn't deny their offer, Seokjin; they were—" Minji explains. "I forbid you to come to the company." Seokjin replies, cutting her off, "I also forbid you to even talk with your—" "An Woo-yeon is my neighbor; not a lover." Minji replies, looking up at Seokjin, "That's all." "How can I be sure of it?" Seokjin asks, getting closer to her, "He must have girls coming after him every single day." "Same goes with you." Minji backfires, "You must have girls coming after you."

"Kim Minji—"
"If you have nothing else to say,
then I should probaby get going."

As Minji makes her way to the door, Seokjin pulls her back towards him, carries her off her feet, taking her to his office couch and pins her down with his strength. "Seokjin-sshi—" Minji replies. Before she knew it, Seokjin pecks her lip. "Seokjin-sshi?!" she exclaims. He kisses her again but this time he intensifies it. 'Should I do something?' she thought, in between the kiss, 'Someone might—' "If you think someone is going to walk in on us," Seokjin replies, pulling away from the kiss, "everyone here knows that you are my wife and they know not disturb us during times like this." As he leans in once again, Minji turns her head and asks, "Who is Jisoo?"

"Jisoo?"
"The girl you were talking to earlier."

Seokjin hesitates for a moment. Minji turns her head back in Seokjin's direction and repeats, "Who is Jisoo, Seokjin-sshi?" "You don't need to know who she is." he replies, getting off of Minji and sitting up on the couch, "She should never be mentioned." Minji sits up on the couch, staring at Seokjin. 'Was she his first love?' she thought to herself, 'Is that why he couldn't forget about her?' "But the past is the past." he replies, looking back at Minji, "I have to focus on what's important to me now." "And who would that be?" Minji asks, looking at him in the eyes. Seokjin pulls Minji up onto his lap and holds her in his embrace. "Seokjin-sshi...." she gasps.

"It's you, Kim Minji."

• • [ end of chapter ten ] • •