The First Misunderstanding

A Royal Mistake [complete]

Minji and Seokjin's halmeoni left the bedroom and head downstairs to meet with Seokjin and Hoseok in the living room. "Do you think that halmeoni is a crazy to go up against Mrs. Bae?" Hoseok asks, "Like, do you feel like she went overboard?" "She always goes overboard." Seokjin confesses, "But this is the most ridiculous plan I ever got involved in." "Since everyone is here," Seokjin's halmeoni replies, once reaching the last staircase with Minji, "let's eat lunch together."

"Halmeoni, why don't you and Hoseok head in first; I need to tell something to Minji."
"What do you need to tell her?"

Minji and Seokjin looks at each other and then back at his halmeoni. "Well," she replies, "are you going to say it?" "Halmeoni," he begs, "it will only take a few minutes." "Fine fine fine; Hoseok-sshi, let's go check on the chefs and see what is on the menu." Hoseok follows Seokjin's halmeoni into the kitchen; Seokjin walks over to Minji and asks, "What did halmeoni tell you?" "She told me about the competition that she declared with Mrs. Bae." Minji explains, "And that she won't let Mrs. Bae lay a hand on me or our child." Seokjin sighs with relief.

"Are you worried?"
"Of course I'm worried." he replies,
"I dragged you into my life and now
you have to bare the consequences with me."

Minji takes both of Seokjin's hands and brought them up to a prayer position. Seokjin immediately pulls them away from Minji's grasp and asks, "What were you doing?" "Making a wish." she explains, "A wish that we can find peace." "O-oh...let's get going; I'm sure they're eating without us." 

After lunch, Seokjin, secretly, heads inside the kitchen to prepare their dinner date with the help of the chefs. "Congratulations, master Seokjin." replies the head chef. "For what?" Seokjin asks.

"For getting married and for having a child on the way."
"Thank you, but it's not a big deal."
"What do you mean it's not a big deal?" asks one of the sous chefs,
"It is a big deal."

"Marriage is a whole new chapter in your life, young master." another sous chef replies, "You have the responsibilty to make sure your wife and child are happy and healthy." Just then, Hoseok walks in, dressed in his typical workout clothes, and asks, "What are you doing, Seokjin?" "It's for Minji and me later." Seokjin explains, "We're planning to have a date for dinner instead." "What about halmeoni?" "I will tell her, Hoseok; don't worry about it."

Meanwhile in the living room, Seokjin's halmeoni and Minji are looking through old photobooks. "Look at these precious baby pictures of my adorable grandson." Seokjin's halmeoni replies, flipping through a photobook, "Oh and this is where he began to take his first steps." "These are wonderful and all, halmeoni." Minji replies, "But I have a question."

"Ask away, my dear."
"Has Seokjin ever dated someone
and propose to her?"

"If I remember," his halmeoni explains, "there was
one girl, but something or someone tore them apart."

"I see." Minji replies. "Are you worried that Seokjin doesn't care for you and the child?" Before Minji could answer Seokjin's halmeoni, Hoseok comes rushing in and replies, "Sorry to interrupt, but Seokjin needs to see Minji right away." "What for this time?" Seokjin's halmeoni asks, "Don't tell me that he is hiding something from me."

"Halmeoni, I already planned a small dinner date with Minji tonight."
"Why?" she asks, "Why not have
dinner with the rest of us?"
"We never had a proper date
with each other." Seokjin explains.

"You mean you two never dated after the one night stand?" both Hoseok and his halmeoni asks. Minji and Seokjin exchange glances at each other and then look back at them. "It's not like we left each other our information." Seokjin continues, avoiding their question, "A one night stand doesn't technically mean that we are boyfriend and girlfriend, right?" Seokjin's halmeoni closes the photobook and replies, "Make sure to bring Hoseok with you on the date." "WHAT???!!!" Hoseok and Seokjin exclaims. "Yes," she continues, "I can't have news reporters or fangirls take you away from my granddaughter-in-law; now go get ready."

As Seokjin is getting dressed for the date, Hoseok comes in and asks, "Which one should I wear, your Highness?" "Just wear what you're suppose to wear, Hoseok." Seokjin replies, "Don't tell me that you're trying to look better than me."

"Isn't that the whole point? I'm suppose to look
more handsome, so people don't ruin your date
with Minji."

Then there is a knock at the door. "Who is it?" Seokjin asks, buttoning up his dress shirt. "Halmeoni wanted to know if you are ready." replies one of the servants. "Tell her I'll be down in ten minutes."

Meanwhile, Minji is standing in front of her wardrobe and can't decide what to wear. 'It's been so long since I've been on a date.' she thought, 'Should I wear a different summer dress or should I wear a nice shirt and denim jeans?' "Minji?" Seokjin asks, from outside of the room, "Have you decided what to wear?" 'Maybe Seokjin could help pick out my outfit...if he doesn't mind.' She walks over to open the door and found him wearing a black long-sleeved sweater with a single, long white stripe running straight across his chest, which is paired with beiged-colored soft trench coat over the sweater; a pair of black denim pants with rips, showing off his kneecaps, and a pair of black dress shoes to finish the outfit. "Is that what you are wearing?" Minji asks. "You don't like it?" Seokjin asks, coming into her bedroom and closing the door behind him, "Did you want me to wear something else?" "N-no, I do like it." she stutters, "I really do like it; I don't know what to wear to match with your outfit."

"Well, what did the servants pack for you?"
"Two white blouses, four pairs of denim jeans,
two mini skirts, three summer dresses including
the one I'm wearing now, and two baggy shirts."
"Did they pack any maternity clothes for you?" Seokjin asks.

'Maternity clothes?' she thought. "I guess not." he continues, "Well, I think you should wear one of the blouses with one of the denim jeans and then wear the outfit with a pair of white shoes and your straw hat." Minji nods at Seokjin's suggestion and immediately picks out the one she wanted. "I'll be waiting for you outside then." Seokjin replies, heading out. "Okay."

Half an hour later, Seokjin and Hoseok are waiting at the front entrance for Minji. "Do girls usually take this long to get ready?" Hoseok asks. "I've seen worse, Hoseok." Seokjin reassures, "The longest I ever waited was a whole day."

"How did that happen?"
"Let's just say that she was recovering
from a hangover the night before."

Minji finally comes running downstairs, dressed in Seokjin's choice with her straw hat in her hand. "Sorry to keep you two waiting." she apologizes, "I didn't think it would take me that long." "It's alright." Seokjin reassures, "Whatever you're comfortable with is fine with me." "Well, we still have enough time before sundown." Hoseok replies, "Where is the date going to be at?" "Just get in the car and I will tell you the directions." Seokjin replies. "Master Seokjin!" exclaims the head chef, who is running with a picnic basket, "Don't forget about this!" "Thank you." he replies, taking it from him, "I almost forgot about it."

Ten minutes later, the gang finally reach a private gazebo, which is also owned by Seokjin's family. "Where are we?" Minji asks, as Seokjin is helping her out of the car. "We're at my family's private gazebo." Seokjin explains, "No one can ever enter it." "Seokjin!!!" exclaims a familiar voice. 'No, it can't be—' "Irene?!" Hoseok asks, as she approaches them, "How did you get here?" "Ahjussi told me that you were on vacation." Irene replies, "And so, here I am." 'Mr. Han, you had one job.....ONE JOB!!!' "Were you preparing a date for me, Seokjin?" Irene asks, noticing the picnic basket in Hoseok's grasp, "How sweet of you." "Actually," Seokjin replies, "this date was suppose to be for me and—" "You're that girl from last time." she replies, referring to Minji, "Why are you here with Seokjin and Hoseok?"

"Minji is a guest of mine, Irene."
"A guest?"
"Not just any guest, I pressume." Mrs. Bae spoke.

Out of fear, Seokjin immediately pulls Minji behind him and questions, "What brings the two of you here?" "We can explain later, Seokjin-sshi." she replies, "Why don't you introduce us to your friend; I haven't met her before." "She is Seokjin's wife." Hoseok confesses, "If you two haven't figured that out yet." Irene and her mother exchange looks and then laugh at Hoseok's words.

"Don't try to trick us, Hoseok."
"Yeah! Who would believe that
Seokjin oppa married a person like her?"

"And he's suppose to marry someone like you?!" Minji retorts, exposing herself to the duo, "Don't make me laugh." Mrs. Bae and Irene falls silent at Minji. "What did you say?" Irene asks, "Are you questioning how I am compatible with Seokjin?" "Not at all; I just assumed that he would be compatible with someone with a sense of manners." "You little—" "Mrs. Bae," Seokjin interrupts, "let's take our conversation back to the vacation home; it's getting late."

Returning back to the vacation house, Hoseok takes the uneaten dinner to the kitchen as Seokjin's halmeoni talks with Seokjin, Minji, Irene and Mrs. Bae in the living room. "Did my idiot of a son tell you to come here, Mrs. Bae?" she questions. "Halmeoni," Mrs. Bae explains, "we were worried that you wouldn't give Irene a chance with Seokjin."

"She's right, halmeoni," Irene butts in,
"If Seokjin is around her, I'm worried that
I won't win his heart."
"My heart isn't a prize for
just anyone to win." Seokjin spoke out.

Seokjin's halmeoni lets out a heavy sigh at the situation. "A deal is a deal." she replies, "I can't back out on my words." Irene and Mrs. Bae are delighted by her words and thanked her for taking their side. "Halmeoni!" he exclaims. "Seokjin-ah, we made a bet and therefore we need to go through with it."

"Everything is set, halmeoni." Hoseok reports,
entering the living room.
"Alright then, it's time for me to head
off for bed; Seokjin...Minji...can you take
me there?"

Seokjin and Minji helps her up from the couch and carefully follows her upstairs. Before they knew it, Irene chases after the trio and asks, "Where are we suppose to sleep, halmeoni?" "You will be taking Minji's guest bedroom and while she'll be moved into Seokjin's bedroom." Hoseok brags. "That's not fair!!" Mrs. Bae exclaims, scurrying to her daughter's side, "Why does that peasant sleep in his Highness's bedroom?" Seokjin's halmeoni turns to face the troublesome mother and daughter and replies, "Minji-sshi is pregnant; I can't have her stay in a room with dangerous monkeys." From there, she continues on upstairs for the bedroom with Seokjin and Minji following after her, leaving behind Irene and her mother. 'There is no way in hell that Minji girl is pregnant.' Mrs. Bae thought to herself, 'Just you wait, halmeoni, I'm going to win this game of yours.'

In Seokjin's bedroom, Seokjin and Hoseok are talking about the current situation. "I'm glad halmeoni came up with this idea." Hoseok replies, "Now we don't have to worry about them hurting Minji." "That's what I hope." Seokjin replies, drying his hair with a small towel while wearing a baggy white t-shirt paried with grey sweatpants, "But I still can't believe they came here." There's a knock at the door. "Come in." One of the servants open the bedroom door and asks, "Is Minji-sshi in here?" "She went to get some fresh air." Seokjin explains, "Does halmeoni need her for something?" "Irene is requesting to see her." she explains, "She said that it was urgent." Seokjin and Hoseok look at each other and then storm out of the bedroom, one searching for Irene and the other searching for Minji.

Outside on the large deck, Minji is sitting in a chair while letting her mind roam in the night sky. 'I can't believe that one mistake could lead to a bigger problem.' she ponder to herself, 'When will the bad things end?' "Kim Minji." Minji turns to the sound of Mrs. Bae's voice and quickly gets up from her seat. "Is there something you need, Mrs. Bae?" she asks, nervously. Mrs. Bae scoffs at Minji's naive response and asks, "How much did Seokjin pay you?"

"What?"
"Don't play dumb with me."
"But I'm not playing dumb, Mrs. Bae." Minji replies.

"Everyone plays this card, my dear." she continues, "No mere girl like you can pregnant that easily." "But I really am pregnant, Mrs. Bae." Minji confesses, as Mrs. Bae is marching up to her. "A load of nonsense; that old hag nor Seokjin doesn't know who they are dealing with." Mrs. Bae grabs a hold of Minji's left wrist, using all of her strengths on it. "Mrs. Bae," Minji asks, "what are you—" "You are being lied to, my dear," Mrs. Bae replies, still clutching onto Minji's wrist, "Seokjin and his halmeoni are liars; they're only using you to get back at me." "I'm being—" Just before Minji could answer back, Hoseok comes to the rescue. He pulls Mrs. Bae away from Minji and replies, "If you ever confront Minji like this again, I will report it to Seokjin and halmeoni." She scoffs at his bravery and takes her leave.

"That ...."
"Thanks, Hoseok."

"Don't mention it." he replies, facing her, "Seokjin is looking for you; so you better hurry."

Seokjin reaches the guest room and knocks on the door; however, no one answers. He knocks again and this time, a tipsy Irene opens the door saying, "Seokjin, I've been expecting you." "There's no time for games, Irene." he replies, "Where is Minji?"

"Minji?"
"Yes, where is she?"

Within her peripheral, Irene catches her mother's secret signal, which meant that Minji was coming closer, and immediately pushes Seokjin up against the wall of the tight hallway. "What are you doing, Bae Irene?!" Seokjin asks, trying to push her away, "I don't like what you are doing." "I know you've been waiting to kiss me, Seokjin." Irene replies, "So here's your chance." At that moment, Irene slams her lips onto Seokjin's lips as soon as Minji finally reach the last step and catches them in the act. "Aigoo~" Mrs. Bae replies, coming out of the corner, "Irene, you shouldn't be doing that in front of Seokjin's "wife"; show a little respect for the married couple." Seokjin eventually pushes Irene down to the ground and turns his attention to the shocked Minji. "Minji, I..." he replies, approaching her. "Don't come near me, Seokjin." Minji replies. "Minji—" She turns for the hallway, in hopes of escaping from Seokjin; however, he follows right after.

Reaching the bedroom, Minji attempts to close the door on Seokjin, but he barges in on time. "Minji, will you listen to me?" Seokjin begs, "Give me a minute to explain what happened." "I saw what I saw, Seokjin!" Minji exclaims, "And you're still saying that you and Irene don't have a relationship?"

"She pushed herself onto me; I had nothing to do with it."
"I don't believe you."
"Minji—"

"You're the same as my ex-boyfriend!" she snaps, bursting into tears, "He said that every girl would push herself onto him and that it was a mistake or that it wasn't his fault." Seokjin chose to listen to everything she has to say. "All men are the same whether they are a married couple or they are dating." she continues. "That's not true at all, Minji." Seokjin reassures, "Not all men are the same; y-you just haven't seen the good in men since your ex-boyfriend." As tears continue to fall from Minji's eyes, Seokjin slowly walks up to her and holds her in his embrace. "Let me be the first to show you." Seokjin replies,

"Let me be the first to give you all of me."

• • [ end of chapter six ] • •