002

Her Number One

 

We walked inside the school and as I expected all eyes turned. Daniel is really a handsome guy.

Surely he's not the most handsome man in the world but there is something different in him that makes people drool. He's a good kind of different. 

 

"Dani who's the new guy?" one of our classmates approached me. I glared at her before answering. 

"Go back to your seat. Don't mess with him, he's with me" The people crowding us slowly dispersed

"You're pretty popular here" He commented once we are already settled.

"I wouldn't say popular but there are people who knew me here" 

 

Daniel and I went to our class together. People kept on throwing us glances. 

"This is getting a bit annoying. Why do you have to be so handsome?" I asked him playfully

"I doubt it's because of that, you are really beautiful Dani" 

"I am far from beautiful, I think you need to get your eye checked"

"No I am not kidding, you are beautiful." He insisted. 

 

Daniel was asked to introduce himself in every class we had. 

Our teachers took notice of how Daniel and I seems to know each other so they asked me to tour him around the campus. 

"This is my favorite spot. It's my own hiding spot when the attention is taking a toll on me already" I said showing him our school garden

"So, can you tell me now about that bestfriend of yours?" He asked me when we sat down under the tree. 

"Seungwoo was my best friend in the world. We were destined to be bestfriends because of our parents. We've been together since the day that we were born and I also knew that our moms are secretly hoping we'll end up together. Everything was okay until they had to move out. He said he needed to go back to korea with his family, I understood that. He made a promise with me that we will always keep in touch. We started emailing each other almost daily but as months passed, he suddenly stopped. I don't know what happened to him it's just that ever since then, I found it hard to go back to that place. Our treehouse... Our home away from our parents, our own little haven. That's why mom was so thrilled when i asked for it's key"

"I know how you feel. I have my bestfriend to. The funny thing is that my best friend's name is also Seongwoo, Ong Seong woo People at home called him ong. I can tell him everything especially those things that I can't tell my mom. I depended on him a lot that's why I found it hard adjusting to this. Maybe it's destiny that we became neighbors. We both loss our best friends who happened to share the same name, I guess we can be each other's bestfriend. That of course doesn't mean were going to forget our original best friends. It would be hard to be best friends immeadiately but I think it will be fun"

 

"I guess so. It gets a little tiring without someone to talk to. Seongwoo and I used to do everything together. From school up to home, we did it almost 24/7. I just have to warn you Daniel, I am not the best person to be best friends with. I get in trouble a lot and most of the time you will be the one who cleans up after me, is that okay with you?" 

 

"I wouldn't ask you to become my best friend if I am not ready for all your craziness." 

 

"Then let's do this. Let's be the bestest friends Kang Daniel" I told him smiling while extending my hand for a handshake. 

He laughed loudly before shaking my hands.

"Let's be friends Daniella Kang"