YEAR 2030

Nu'est One Shot

image

 

YEAR 2030

 

Finally at the sight of his daughter, his heart was at peace. Because just 5 minutes ago, he went to pick up his daughter from the daycare. Half an hour earlier than usual. Only to be told that his daughter has already went back. Panicking he could only run around the are to find where her daughter could be. Finally after 15 minutes of running around. He finally got a sight of his daughter, in the near by park. What surprise him the most that his daughter, as he like to put "imaginary friend", was actually real. The "imaginary friend" that her daughter always told him about when he fetch her. Always revolved around her going to find her "friend" called Y/N. Saying that she always shares her lunch with her "friend". And not only that her "friend" always protect her from the bullies at school.

He never expect that her "friend" would be an actual person and not an imaginary. Looking at his daughter sharing her lunch with her "friend", he can't help but smile. Looking at you, all covered up. There is something about you that doesn't sit right with him. Because no matter how hard he try to sniff, he couldn't get a smell of you. There was no scent on you. But he was not one to judge. He was just curious what kind of hybrid you are. Especially he could tell how hard you had. Dirt could be seen on your clothes. Baggy clothes covering all your figure. Hat covering your ears. You look so young, around the same age as him. He was curious what a girl like you ended up in a situation like this. He make a mental note to pack double serving for his daughter everyday from now on, so you could have more to eat.

 

You're smiling at the friend you had made not long ago. A fennec fox, Minnie, only 5 years old. You happen to stumble on to her when you're walking around trying to find a place to hid out.  She was being cornered by a few boys her age, them making fun of her for not having a mum. When that, you step forward and chase them away for her. After comforting a the crying fennec fox, she told you her name was Minnie and she offered half a sandwich to you. With that, it became a routine. Her finding you after her daycare ended and offering you half of her lunch. Eating it with her together. It been so long since you had interact with anyone. Especially a hybrid. Breaking you from your thoughts, you hear a male voice calling for the hybrid. You stood up instantly running away in the opposite direction.

 

Min Hyun: Minnie..

Minnie: Y/N..?? Where are you going?? Dad! You scare her away....

Min Hyun: I'm sorry... I just wanted to know your friend

Minnie: Y/N is shy.. She doesn't talk much.

Min Hyun: It's okay. You will see her again tomorrow. Let's get you home now.

 

-

 

It wasn't until a week later, when Min Hyun was buying some snacks at the near by convivences store, he saw you again. You are pacing around the store, as if contemplating something. Until he saw you grab something, and dashing out of the store. He couldn't believe what he saw. And he doesn't condone stealing. So he chased after you, wanting to lecture you on stealing and paying for you afterwards. It was surprising easy for him to catch up with you. Especially when you accidently ruin in to a dead end. What caught him from surprise was you turning around. Tears in your eyes. As your back was pinned tightly to the wall. Trying to distance as far as him possible. And the words that came out from your mouth stun him.

 

Y/N: P..Ple..ease don't kill me.....

 

 

Min Hyun: Y/N!!!

 

Eyes widen upon hearing those words. He didn't have time to process why you would say that. Because all he knew after that, was you fainting. And him rushing to  catch you, to prevent you from hitting the ground. Than it hit him. With you on his arms. Your hood from the hoodie that you're wearing, fell off your head. The bottle of pills falling out of your hoodie pocket, stating "suppressor".  And the intense scent that hit him. He finally knew why you acted the way you did. Not only what you say but all the encounters with you. He finally understand all of it.

 

You're a human.

 

-

 

Just 2 years ago, a virus was released in the city to kill humankind nearly instantly. Hybrids however hybrids were safe due to their strong immunity. Thus, any human that have survived was never really heard of. Because of that, hybrids found their opportunity to step up. Causing riots, breaking in to human homes to kill the reminding survivors. Your own family has been one of the victim from it. A group of wolf hybrids broke in one day, out of no where, and started to kill your parents. You have only survived now, because your dad hide you close to him. So that the hybrid couldn't smell you out. You didn't dare to come out of that spot for a day. When you finally deem it's safe. The trauma you had to face was real. Burying your parents, you pack your essential and left. You taught yourself to hid your scent by stealing suppressor. You don't stay in the same area for long, scared that someone could find you suspicious. And finally catching on. You always wear a hood or cap and baggy clothes to keep your lack of ears and tail hidden. You have been doing this to survive for 2 years.

Only until today you finally got caught. You totally forgot that you ran out of suppressor. Hence, without a plan in your head, you went to the nearest convenient store. Which is unlike you. Normally you would scoop out your surrounding and patterns of the hybrids in the store and around the area, before you go and implement your plan. But you're out of time and your suppressor was going to wear out. You had no choice but to just dash in and steal it. And that's when it all went wrong. Someone caught you, you ran as fast as you could. But you're caught at a dead end. Turning back to the hybrid, you pled, trying to get away from him, as far as you could. You can hear them for calling you, before everything turn black.

 

-

 

Minnie: Dad... When is Y/N going to wake up?

Min Hyun: I don't know.

Minnie: Is she alright?

Min Hyun: I hope...

Minnie: She's not one of us right...

Min Hyun: No she's not.

Minnie: But I like her.. She's nice

 

Smiling at his daughter. He can't help but worry about you lying in the guest room bed lifeless. He's not sure how he can approach this situation. The fact that he found a human. And this human had protected his daughter before. Not only that, this human is afraid of hybrids, he can roughly guess what you had experience. Or the fact that, you're his mate.

 

Ruckus in the guest room, made him stop from what he was doing. Turning the stove off, he rush to the direction of his guest room. Only to meet with a sight of you, trying to jump down from the bedroom window. Dashing to you, he pull you back in by the waist. As you jot from the sudden touch. As your feet meet the ground you ran across the room, putting a distance between you and the hybrid. Taking a lamp as your weapon.

 

Min Hyun: Hey... I'm not going to hurt you...

Minnie: Dad....?  Y/N!!!

 

 

Looking at the small little hybrid popping up through the door. As you eyes met hers, her smile widen, she called your name and run up to you. Hugging your leg.

 

Min Hyun: I think you should put that down before anyone gets hurt. I promise I'm not a bad person. I'm not going to hurt you.

 

You wanted to scoff, as if a hybrid that is still in this city has a heart. But the way he portray himself and how he talk to you. He look like he was sincere, and you hope he is. Because that way, you could finally stop running. You could only hope. But you know not to expect anything. For now, you listen to him. But still sceptical of his intention.

 

Min Hyun: That's better. Now that we're all here. Let's go and eat. I cooked up a storm. I'll be at the dinning table.

Minnie: Y/N!! Let's go!! Dad makes the best food.

 

Looking at the fennec fox tugging on to you, you smiled. Letting her tug you to the dinning table beside her. Looking at the spread of food infront of you. Your stomached growled. As tint shade of red suddenly paint your cheeks. 

 

Min Hyun: Let's dig in. I hope it suit your taste.

 

Looking at him, you couldn't believed how he was treating you. You grew up knowing fully well why hybrids protested. Why they did what they did. You knew there was once, hybrids and human had gotten along. But you didn't actually got to experience it. You never really had a proper encounter with hybrids growing up. And for you sitting down with two fennec fox eating dinner, in their house. It was surprising not unsettling in your stomach. It kind of remind you of home. Before everything that happen. As is sensing your change of emotion, the little hybrid beside you whine a little, hugging you. While the other, look at you, smiling little, trying to ease you.

As the food of the table was gone and you stomach is full. You can't help but wonder if it's your queue to leave. Looking at the two hybrid washing the dishes at the sink, you stood up trying to find the door to lead you out. But even before you move an inch, as you stand, both of the hybrid's head turn to you.

 

Minnie: Where are you going? Y/N....

Y/N: It's okay. I'll be aright.

Minnie: Can't you stay??

 

Smile at the hybrid, you shake your head. But you suddenly realised something. The reason you are here, the reason you got caught in the first place.

 

Min Hyun: It's here. You're looking for this right?

 

Looking up at him. You saw him holding up the suppressor that you stole. You walked up to him thanking him. Before taking it out of this grip.

 

Min Hyun: You could stay you know

Y/N: I...

Min Hyun: I don't think you have anywhere else you could go anyway.

Y/N: I'm -

Min Hyun: You don't have to keep running away. Things are kind of better now. Better than a few years ago. But I still feel you would be safer for you to be here. I'm not going to force you to stay. It's your decision. But I just want to let you know any friends of Minnie is my friend as well. And you'll always have a home or a place here to stay, even if you leave now.

 

Looking at him, you made up your mind.

 

-

 

You left. You couldn't do it. You're too scared of the hope he gives you. The look in his eyes scares you. He look so sincere and you couldn't let yourself to believe it. Its' too good to be true. You don't want to be disappoint at the end of the day. You don't want to be hurt. You can't do it. Walking down the streets as the suppressor sits in your pocket, one less pill in it. You try to find yourself a place to spend the night. Hoping it will be warm enough for you to get through the night.

 

-

 

*2 Week later*

 

Just your luck you're drench head to toe in the rain, even before you got to find a place to shield yourself for the night. Stomach growling, you finally found the nearby park you're looking for. Rushing to the playground you saw. You got under the fixture to shield from the rain. Thinking to yourself that this will do. It has been exactly 2 weeks since you come here. 2 weeks of starving and living on scrapes as you didn't come and find the little fennec fox like always. You turn them away, you couldn't possible ask for their help anymore.

When morning came and your stomach was aching due to the lack of food. You had no choice but to seek out the little fennec fox like always. What surprise you was that she is still at the same spot like always. With her lunch box in her hand. When he eyes meet yours, a smile reach her face. Walking towards her, as your vision kind of blur. You took a few more step forward before you feel lightheaded. And the world turns dark again.

 

 -

 

Groaning awake, you have no idea how long you have been out. Sitting up, looking around. You're face with a familiar bedroom wall and deco. Thinking to yourself that, at least you're safe. Before you could even move and get out of the bed. The door opened and in came the fennec fox with a bowl of food. And a disapproving look on his face.

 

Min Hyun: Y/N.. You shouldn't be sitting up. You're still burning up.

Y/N: Okay...I don't know your name..

Min Hyun: Min Hyun. And eat this up will you. You know, the least you could do when you reject my offer was to take care of yourself. Not make me worry about you all over again.

Y/N: I'm sorry...

Min Hyun: If you're really sorry, eat this up and take this medication. You will need it. I'll leave you to it alright. I have a lot of chores to do. I'll be back.

Y/N: Okay...

 

Finishing up the food, your stomach finally felt fine. Getting up, you when to the washroom to clean yourself up. With that done, You walk to the living room where Min Hyun was hanging the clothes. His ear twitch to the sound as he turn to finds you walking to the living room.

 

Min Hyun: You should be in bed.

Y/N: I feel better after a shower.

Min Hyun: Still you're sick.

Y/N: I'm fine.

 

Looking around, you never really got a good look at the house the first time you're here. It's simple yet warming, the tone of white and grey filled the room. Make your heart swell. Looking at the frame sitting beside the television. It was the two fennec fox. Both having wide smile, it looks like it was took not long ago.

 

Min Hyun: This was taken a little over 2 years ago. Just a few months in when I found her. Before everything happened.

Y/N: Found her?

Min Hyun: She was abandon. Standing on the streets waiting for her parents. The day I found her was the 3rd day she was there. She said her parents asked her to stayed put and they were going to come back for her. I didn't have the heart to tell her she was abandon. So I ask her if she wants to come with me while waiting. And she did. Maybe because she was the same hybrid as me. 

Y/N: Didn't she ask for her parents?

Min Hyun: She's a smart girl. She caught on quite quickly. The first few times she asked me, I told her I don't know. Because I really don't. I didn't bother putting out a post or report because she was clearly left there. And even if I did I didn't have the heart to let her stay at the station or a shelter after that. I couldn't so I took her in. Then she slowly understand the situation she was in. And she stop asking for her parents. But I couldn't give her a mother figure, I haven dated anyone. And I feel guilty when I found out she was bullied at school. Until she told me that you help her stop all that. I always thought you're her "imaginary friend", turns out you're not so imaginary after all.

Y/N: You raise he well. She's very brave and kind hearted, like you.

Min Hyun: Really? I do hope I'm a good influence to her. After all, I'll be the one seeing her grow up and all.

Y/N: She loves you a lot.

Min Hyun: I do hope so.

Y/N: She does. She talks a lot about you when she's with me.

Min Hyun: That's so sweet of her. And you, for listening to her.

Y/N: She shares her food with me, that's the least I could do.

Min Hyun: Speaking about that. I think it's better if you stay with us. I have a spare bedroom for you. And Minnie does like you a lot. I think she will be happy that you're here. It's better than letting us worry about you constantly of your whereabouts and health.

Y/N: What about you?

Min Hyun: What?

Y/N: Will you be happy if I stay? Do you like me?

Min Hyun: Well, I would be glad if you could stay. I have the space. And I like you. You're nice, I could tell. I know you're scared of us and don't really believe that we would treat you nice. But I swear, I'm not a bad person.

Y/N: I'll stay...

Min Hyun: You know, it nice finally hearing your voice. Welcome to the family Y/N.

 

-

 

Sticking to helping with chores was the only you know you could do. Cooking a little as well. You could never compare to Min Hyun's cooking though. But they still enjoy it anyway. You had stop taking suppressor, enforce by Min Hyun. Saying that it's not good for your body. You're not taking it anymore, technically. Unless you're all going out or you had to fetch Minnie in place for Min Hyun.

Living here was nice. You don't have to hide anymore. You don't have to find a different place to spend the night. You don't have to worry about your next meal. You don't have to be scared anymore. Because you feel fine, more than fine. You feel loved here. You silently hope it will stay like this.

 

 -

 

Min Hyun: I AM OPTIMUS PRIMEEE!!!!

 

Laugher filled the air as you watch the two fennec fox playing with each other. You couldn't help but smile at their interaction. They really look like a family.

 

Min Hyun: Come on. We need to get you to your day care.

Minnie: I don't want to go to school. Everyone is mean there.

Min Hyun: It's going to be alright okay...

Minnie It's not!!!

Min Hyun: Minnie...

Minnie: I hate you!! You're not even my dad.

 

And with that, she stomps in to her room. Letting the older fennec fox stunned. His ears drooping, as you could tell he was on the verge on tears. Walking over to him, you place a hand on his shoulder. But was stun by the sudden affection he return. One second you're trying to comfort him. The next second, you being pulled in to his embrace. Being trap in an embrace of a crying grown man, was not a weird as you thought. His arms tight around you, face buried in between your neck. As he tried to muffled his sound. You brought your hand up to thread though his hair. And to your relived that it helps him a little, as his breathing even out a little. Only occasionally sniffing.

You could understand why he reacted this way. He practically give up his whole life to take her in. He devoted everything he could for her. Busy working and earning for two, well now three. He didn't even have the time to think of himself. 

 

Y/N: Hey...Let me talk to her alright. It's going to be okay.

 

He sniff a little as he nod on your shoulder. Reluctantly letting go of, as you walk up to the little fennec fox door. Knocking a few time, you opened the door and let yourself in. Staring at the small bundle on the bed. You sat on the bed as the small fennec fox, tackle you in to a hug as well.

 

Y/N: You now he loves you a lot right?

Minnie:.....

Y/N: He wants the best for you.... He wants you to be strong.

Minnie:...…

Y/N: Minnie you didn't mean what you said right?

Minnie: No....

Y/N: You hurt your dad you know.... He might not be your actual dad, but he loves you so much more.

Minnie: I know...

Y/N: I know it's hard. How about this, I'll talk to your dad. You don't have to go to daycare anymore. But when you're older and have to go to school. You have to. Okay?

Minnie: Really??

Y/N: I'll talk to him. No promises

Minnie: You're the best!! Thank You Mummy!!

 

You froze as the little fennec fox hug you tighter. The title that she has just given you was surprising. You don't know how to feel about it. But you just put the though away, as you exit her room. You found him cooking in the kitchen. Walking up to him, ready to propose what you had told his daughter.

 

Min Hyun: I think it's for the best.

Y/N: You heard?

Min Hyun: Ya... I think it's okay. Since you're here now. You could take care of her when I'm working. I won't have to worry about if she will be right in the daycare anymore. I know she's safe with you.

Y/N: Are you alright?

Min Hyun: I guess.... I just don't know if I'm doing this right...

Y/N: Min Hyun. You're doing a great job with her. You raise her up. You gave her everything. You give up your own life and future for her. And she turned up so well. So nice, so kind and brave like you. You couldn't have done anything better than that.

Min Hyun: But I couldn't give her a family. A complete family.

Y/N: Don't you see it. You're her family. You're everything to her. Don't you blame yourself for that.

 

And with that, his arms was around you once more. Head nuzzle your nape.

 

Min Hyun: Thank you...

Y/N: I didn't do anything.

Min Hyun: Thank you for staying...

Y/N: And adding on to your financial crisis?

Min Hyun: No... Not that.. Thank you for being here. You make things easier for me. You make my life more breathable and not so tough anymore.

Y/N: I'm not actually doing a lot though..

Min Hyun: You are. You take care of the chores I have to do. You pick Minnie up when I couldn't. It feel so much lighter coming home. I could just relax and spend time with both of you. Unlike before when I didn't have time to care for Minnie much when I'm busy with the chores after work. It feels more like a home now, like a family. Thank you...

 

You didn't know why but your heart is a pounding in your chest. Faster than it should be. Like when you're running away, when you're scared. But this is different, it's a good kind. And somehow your heart felt full and warm. Is this what love feels like. Are you falling for him? Could you even? Does he even sees you this way?

 

Min Hyun: I don't want to be alone anymore...

Y/N: You're not. You have Minnie. You were never alone.

Min Hyun: Yes. I was never alone. But I didn't have anyone to share my feelings with. To talk to, that would comfort me. That I know will be there even when things gets tough. But I have you now... I'm not alone anymore. Thank You...

Y/N: I'm not doing much.

Min Hyun: Just by being here and comforting me and listening to me. You're doing a lot already.

Y/N: I'm glad I could help.

Min Hyun: I actually need to talk to you about something..

Y/N: Eh... Wait.. Is about just now. That Minnie called me mummy? You know-

Min Hyun: Not about that... I actually don't mind it. I kind of like it...

Y/N: Wait.. What?

Min Hyun: I have been hiding something from you.

Y/N: Is it bad??

Min Hyun: Depends on how you react to it though..

Y/N: Okay....

Min Hyun: You're actually my mate....

Y/N: Okay.... Wait.. What you're serious?

Min Hyun: I don't joke about things like this....

Y/N: Okay... So you've known since the beginning?

Min Hyun: Yes...

Y/N: And you let me go? 

Min Hyun: I didn't want to force you to stay. And I didn't want to pin it to you. But now things are different.. I hope?

Y/N: How different?

Min Hyun: Well, one.. You're here now.. And you enjoy it???

Y/N: I do. I like being here.

Min Hyun: And Two, You're heart is racing.. So.…. and I'm hugging you..

Y/N: …….

Min Hyun: We'll take things slow. No rush. No obligation that you need to love me back. Just trying things out?

Y/N: I would like that.

Min Hyun: Thank you...

 

 -

 

And just like that 1 years has pass. Minnie has been going to school for a few week now. Luckily she was enjoying it and even made a lot of friends. Coming back from school telling stories about what her and her friends did today.

 

Minnie: Mummyy..

Y/N: Yes Minnie?

Minnie: Can I go out with Yooni after school. Her mum is going to fetch us to the mall. We will be back after dinner time. She will be with us the whole time. You don't have to worry.

Y/N: Okay Minnie. I'll tell your dad. Now your school bus is here. You don't want to be late.

Minnie: Really?!! Thank You Mummy!! Bye Bye!!

Y/N: Bye Minnie!

 

Walking back up to your apartment. You walked in to your shared room. Looking at the fennec fox still sleeping in sleep.

 

Y/N: Min... You're going to be late for work.

 

Instead of him waking up and heading to the shower. He pulled you back to bed. Towering on you, as he burry his face in between your neck. Chuckling at his behaviour. You rub the back of his ear. As he burry deeper on your nape. Producing a content sound. As if purring.

 

Y/N: You're going to be late for work

Min Hyun: Called in sick...

Y/N: You're sick?

Min Hyun: No... Just want to spend a day with you. I've been so busy working.

Y/N: You sure it's okay to call in sick?

Min Hyun: Work has been dying down a little. I don't have to work overtime anymore.

Y/N: That's good. I was so worried about your health.

Min Hyun: I'm fine. Just tired. Let's just stay in bed the whole day before Minnie comes back.

Y/N: Oh ya.. Minnie say she is going to the mall with Yooni and her mum. She will only be back after dinner.

Min Hyun: Hmmm....

Y/N: Want to order in today?

Min Hyun: That sound nice.

Y/N: Get some more sleep. I'll order food for us.

Min Hyun: Noooo.... Don't leave..

Y/N: I practically can't. You're on me.

 

Chuckling at him, as his arms around you tighten. You place a soft kiss on the top of his head and his ears. As his ears gives you a little twitch. Treading your fingers through his hair. You wait until his breathing evens. And his hand loosens a little. Getting yourself out of his hold. You tuck the blanket around him. Placing a final kiss on his cheeks, whispering to him.

 

Y/N: I love you..

Min Hyun: I love you too...

 

Looking at the smiling fennec fox in bed as his eyes are still close. You couldn't help but laugh. Telling him you'll be back soon. Before going out of the room to order the food for both of you.