YEAR 2020

Nu'est One Shot
image
 

YEAR 2020

 

30 years since hybrid was created. 20 years since they are legally sold and breed. 10 years since they get to work and have their rights. And only 5 years since hybrids are not owned by anyone anymore. But yet, you feel like, even though hybrids practically have their own freedom now. There was still some resistance among humans. Especially the older generation, the higher ups, they tend to pick any human over hybrid when they are applying for the same job scope. Even when the hybrid was more educated and well verse. Not only that, going in to a restaurant or any where in fact, you could tell the difference in treatment. That's why, you had enough of closed minded people. You had enough of how humans treated your species. How there is still clearly so much to improve on, until your species have the same rights as humans. That's why you decided to kidnap the person in charge of dealing with hybrid rights. How did you know who he was? Well he has been giving numerous speeches. His face was everywhere around town. You bet there was no one that doesn't know him. Appearing on television so often. But know you what's funny? He's a human. A human talking about hybrid rights. Giving speech and educating humans on hybrids, when he is not even a hybrid himself. Honestly, kidnapping him wasn't that hard at all. With him constantly going around giving speeches. You could clearly know his schedule. That's why you have the head of hybrid welfare association tie up to a chair in your apartment. The only thing left to do was to wait for the human infront of you to wake up.

 

Aron: Hey... Hey!... Ms Lion?! Wake up!

 

Jotting up from your sleep. You stare at the tied up human infront of you.

 

Aron: Why did you kidnap me?

Y/N: Really? You're asking why?

Aron: What's your name?

Y/N: My name is not important right now.

Aron: This is important. Can you like come closer to me.

Y/N: Why the hell would I come closer to you? So that I could let you attacked me?

Aron: You know I'm the one being tied up right? I can't do anything to you. Just... Just.. come closer to me for a moment.... I need to clarify somethings

Y/N: Dude.. not to break it to you there is nothing to clarify. You're tied up, being kidnaped by me. And I demand you to give hybrids more rights that they deserve.

Aron: Could you just shut up for a moment and come closer?!

 

Glaring at you, but you could tell he was desperate. Why is this human so weird. Didi you accidentally kidnapped a ert? But you compiled to his request, You're a Lion hybrid after all, what could a weak human do to you. Walking closer to him, he tried to lean as close to you. Looking as if like he is trying to smell you. Frowning, you glare at the human infront of you. Thinking what kinds of stun he is trying to pull.

 

Aron: It can't be...

Y/N: What? The fact that you're being kidnaped?

 Aron: No. The fact that my kidnapper is my mate.

Y/N: Wait.. What.. Wait.. Stop. I know what you're doing. You trying to give me this excuse to let you go. I'm not falling for it.

Aron: It's the truth. If not how could you explain the lack of scent on me.

Y/N: Wait...

Aron: I'm taking suppressor.

Y/N: That doesn't prove You're a hybrid.

Aron: My ears.. I dye my ears black to match my hair to blend. I'm a Shih Tzu 

 

It can't be. How could you not notice the lack of scent. No. You won't be tricked by him. Taking a closer look at him, your hand reached out to his hair. Finding his ears that was said to be here. No... What.. He really is a hybrid. But his..

 

Aron: I got in to an accident.

Y/N: What?

Aron: My tail. I lost them when I was young. I got in to a car accident and my tail broke.. They say there is not they could do. So they cut it off. I'm only left with a short bub instead of my long tail. I know you're thinking about it.

Y/N: I.. Well.. That still doesn't prove you're my mate...

Aron: 5 hours..

Y/N: What?..

Aron: Just 5 more hours before my suppressor wears off. By then you should know I'm telling the truth.

Y/N: Well, I will be back in 5 hours than.

Aron: .. Wait! You're leaving me here?

Y/N: Duh.

Aron: At least could you untie me. It's uncomfortable.

Y/N: Do you really think I'm dumb?

Aron: No no no.. I swear. I'm not going to escape or something. It's just very uncomfortable. And my neck hurts. You really strike my neck hard.

Y/N: Fine...

 

Removing the rope tied around his chest. Guiding him to your sofa by his tied hands, as you settle him on your sofa.

 

Y/N: Well. I'm going to nap. Tell me when it's 5 hours later.

Aron: You're just going to leave me like that.

Y/N: Yup. Bye.

 

Walking back in to your room, you didn't know how to feel about this situation. The fact that you mange to kidnap the head of hybrid welfare association. Or the fact that head of hybrid welfare association is actually a hybrid. Or the fact that head of hybrid welfare association might be your mate. Or the fact that you just kidnap your "mate". What a rough day.

Groaning awake, you felt an extra weight on you. You blinking and forcing your eyes open. You met with a shocking scene. Freeze in place, your voice was about to come out of your throat. But was cut off by a hand covering your mouth.

 

Aron: Don't scream. I'm trying to sleep.

Y/N: What the hell are you doing here?

Aron: Your couch is uncomfortable. My back hurts.

Y/N: How did you get untied?

Aron: Well... You didn't actually tied my leg as well. So..

Y/N: What is even goin.. Argh... Can you get off me.

Aron: I'm trying to get some sleep. Shhhh.. Plus, you smell nice...

Y/N: I'm suppose to smell nice I'm you're mate after all...

Aron: Has my suppressor wear off yet?

 

You simply, tug him closer to you. Trying to get a strong scent of him. You chuckled. Shaking your head, you chuckled at what kind of situation you got yourself in to.

 

Y/N: It's wearing off. Your scent is faint, but I can still smell it.

 Aron: Now you believed me?

Y/N: Why did you even..?

Aron: The same reason you kidnapped me... I have nothing to lose. I lost everything to humans. They took my family away from me when I was very young. I was send to a shelter to fend for myself. None of them would adopt me because of my lack of tail. I ended up growing "too old" to be in the shelter. They kicked me out when I was 12. It was then I though of something that might change my life. That might even change thousands of hybrid life. I hear that the government was hiring someone to deal with hybrid rights. But none of the human wanted to, because they're too scared of being criticized and said that they were being brainwash by one of us. I overhead a conversation when I was roaming around. I follow the person and beg them to hire me. Because I have nothing to lose anymore. I was lucky. Because he was one of the nice human that helped me. He said that I need to hid my identity, who I really was. Because, he was right, nobody would listen to a hybrid. They're still too close minded. And that's why I did what I did. And a few years later I'm giving out speeches and educating people of our kind. I couldn't be more happy. Until I found you. Well... technically I didn't find you, you kidnapped me. But.. Ya.. Now I'm here.

Y/N: Wow... That's a lot to take in...

Aron: I know there is still so much more to improve on. But I'm glad that hybrid have came so far and gain certain rights. And there are more and more humans that are nice. It's only the minority that is still close minded. But it's so much better now. And I'm so happy.

Y/N: You practically sacrifices yourself and strip your original identity to help thousands of hybrid. I don't think anyone could do what you do even if they are given your position.

Aron: What made you kidnapped me?

Y/N: It's just that even though it's so much better now. I could still feel the differences in treatment.

Aron: Some things takes time.

Y/N: I know. After hearing everything you've said. It makes me rethink of everything. How far we have come from our parents generation.

Aron: All these talk is making me sleepy.

Y/N: Sleep then.

 

With that, he buries his head further into you. His breath evens out a few moments later. Leaving you to recall this whole day of event.

 

-

 

The next time you wake up, the room was already dark. Getting up you could smell food coming from outside. You look around, on the empty bed. You got yourself out of your bedroom to only to see the sight of your kitchen table filled with food. As the missing presence on your bed was in the kitchen. You apron tie around his waist, as he was humming some song. While plating what seems like the last dish.

 

Y/N: Hey..

Aron: Oh you're awake

Y/N: Smells good

Aron: I didn't know what you would like to eat. So I just whipped up whatever I could that's in your fridge.

Y/N: I'm not picky.

Aron: That's great. Come and sit! I'm starving.

 

Aron: So..?? How's the food?

Y/N: Are you kidding me?! Wow.... I would kill to eat these everyday? Are you sure you're not secretly a chef?

Aron: I can cook it for you everyday of you like.

Y/N: Wait... You're serious?

Aron: Why not? I'm your mate after all. We're going to spend a lot of time together from now on. Be it here or my house.

Y/N: I guess so..

 

Since then, you have been spending a lot of time with Aron. Both of you have the same working schedule. So it's either you would tell you he'll drop by your house or he will ask you to drop by his. You're practically taking this relationship slow. Since, you're not one to believe in mate will stay together forever. You just feel that, the mate system is practically people to love each other because of obligation. And it's not sincere at all. You have always been sceptical and cautious when it comes to the mate system. Maybe you're just too afraid of being hurt and being a disappointment to your mate.

But seems like your mate didn't get the hint. Because only 2 weeks in of knowing each other. As both of you are on the couch watching more series. He asked you when you're moving in. And that he would love to be staying with you from now on. Because he loves you apparently.

 

Y/N: What since when?

Aron: The first day I met you

Y/N: Wait you loved me since then?

Aron: Apparently not, according to you..

Y/N: Wait...This..

Aron: Y/N you do know that hybrids fall in love so much faster right?

Y/N: I...I

Aron: You don't love me do you?

Y/N: I like you...

Aron: You don't love me yet.

Y/N: Yet??

Aron: We are mates, we are bound to fall in love with each other eventually.

Y/N: That's where I stop you. Aron. I hate it. I hate the mate system. Because to me, it's feels like an obligation instead of something realistic and sincere. And I gate it a lot..

Aron: Maybe to you, you think that I'm saying all this because we mates. But, I'm sincere.

Y/N: How sure are you that the feelings are your own. And not some instinct that it have been intact in ours since we've been created.

Aron: Than I'll prove it to you then.

Y/N: What?

Aron: I'll prove it to you that I truly love you. And not because of our DNA, but because of you. I'll prove to you that I fell in love with the girl, right inform to me, because of who she is as a person.

 

-

*2 weeks later*

 

It has taken you by surprise that, not only Aron's face was posted everywhere but your as well. Someone found out about Aron being a hybrid. And the netizen started to split in to two different perspective. One being neutral about the situation. And another half was causing all the ruckus in town. Finding prove of Aron being a hybrid, saying he was brainwashing the netizen all this time. And what was worst, they found out you're his mate. All the pictures posted online was either both of your faces. You didn't know how to feel about this. You don't know either to feel sad or scared at this situation.

Dinner was dead silence, Both of you sat down infront at his kitchen table. table full of food that he had cooked. Yet none of you have yet to touch anything. Either of you know how to handle this situation. Either of you know what your next step is.

 

Aron: I think we should stop seeing each other.

Y/N: What?? Why?

Aron: Just--

Y/N: You're giving up just like this? Didn't you say that you're going to prove to me that you love me . And now you're suddenly pushing me away?

Aron: What am I suppose to do?

Y/N: This 2 weeks of proving to me. You really have made me see you in a different light. Caring for me, checking up on me, trying to do as much for me to make me feel comfortable and never step out of the boundary. I was starting to believe that you love you. Until now. 

Aron: What was I suppose to do?! This is my way of loving you! I don't want you to suffer because of me. You know everyone found out that I'm a hybrid. They are not only attacking me now. But they are going to attack you to. What more do you want me to do, so you'll  finally believe that I truly love you.. And this is my only way to protect the girl that I love.

 

You have never seen this side of him. He doesn't look like the type of cry. All you could do was to sit there, as he stood up and lock himself in his room. You don't know how long you it took you to finally have the courage to walk up to the door separating both you. You don't know how long it took for you to knock on it. And it felt like infinity when he finally unlock the room for you. Looking at his tear stained face, you could help but embrace him.

 

Y/N: I believe you. I believed that you love me. I trust you. Because I love you too. And I believe there will be another way. And things will get better. Because they believe in you as well. So please stop pushing me away. Let's get through this together. You're not alone anymore. You don't have to face this yourself. Because I'm here and I won't let you.

 

Gradually as the weeks pass by, things was seeming better. After he had open a press conference explaining the situation and is story till this day getting this position. And how he knows what their concerns are. And reassure them of things that has been done. You have never been more proud of him. So as the netizen. For him to come this far, was not an easy task. And surprising the netizen was taking it well as well. And soon everything was back to normal. As if it never even happened in the first place.

Snuggling on the couch with him, you could help but feel content. All the things that had happen made both of you closer than ever.


Aron: It finally over.

Y/N: I told you they will believe in you.

Aron: Thank you... for staying by myside through this time.

Y/N: That's because I love you.

Aron: And I love you too. So... We didn't actually went on a date before. And things has died down. So..

Y/N: You're trying to ask me out on the date?

Aron: Can't I?

Y/N: I would rather spend time here with you, in our home.

Aron: But the da- Wait... did you say our home?

Y/N: I think it's time I move in. Don't you think so? Or should I no-

Aron: NONONO!! YES YES you should!!! Move in with me!! You're serious right?! You're not kidding?!

Y/N: I have never been so serious.

 

As a smile break out on his lips, he pounces on you. Nuzzling the crook of his neck, you finally felt a peace. Placing a kiss on his forehead. Both of your eyes met. Looking at his eyes, it was as if it depicts a night sky, you could see the shimmer in them. Eyes that holds not only his future, but both of your future in them.

 

Y/N: I love you...

 

-

 

*8 Years Later*

 

Watching the city beneath you on your balcony, you know something big is going to happen. You could feel it. Watching as cars pass by, as people still walking on the pedestrian street calmly. You felt pity for them. Because they have no clue of what's going to happen next. Pitying all those innocent humans that didn't play a part in this. What will happen to their children? But you didn't have time to think about it when the sound of your door bust open.

 

Aron: Hey.. You ready?

Y/N: I guess...

Aron: Our next flight out is in 2 hours.

Y/N: Where are you going?

Aron: We are going to Korea.

Y/N: Korea?? Are you sure it's safe there?

Aron: I can't promise anything.That's the only flight left. All the hybrids that don't want to be involve in this has already flew out of the continent. Some bringing their human mate with them. I promise we will move to somewhere else soon enough.

Y/N: Okay...

Aron: Hey... It's going to be alright okay.. We have each other..

Y/N: I know. If you're not here. I have no idea what to do.

 

Taking your cheeks in his hold, he lead down to place a soft and gentle kiss on your lips. Proceeding to do the same on your forehead. As both of your eyes met, both of you can't help but smile in this situation. Because you know, whatever that is going to happen next doesn't matter anymore. Even when your future as blur now. As long as you have each other it's going to be alright. Letting go, he reach out his hand to you. Looking at you with his glazing eyes.

 

Aron: Ready?

 

Smiling back at him, you put your hands in his. Lacing your fingers together. You give him a genuine smile and a nod.

 

Aron: Let's go then.

 

Leaving your apartment, you took a good look at the city that you have become fond of. That you have so much memory of. Sitting in the car, as the building by pass you. You silently say goodbye forever to here. Because you know this is going to be the last of what you see here. Not only because you're not coming back anymore. But because it's not going to stay this beautiful like now. It's all going to be gone soon.