YEAR 1990

Nu'est One Shot

image

YEAR 1990

 

Your ears pick up on faint whimpering as you by pass a alley from the main road. If the sky wasn't dark and if there was actually people walking on the main road. You wouldn't feel the goose bumps that rise up form your arm to the sudden shivers you feel raising up your spine. You wish it was just you being to tired and drain from work to be hallucinating sound. But the constant whimpering tells you otherwise. Cursing yourself that you had to help your workmate out by covering her late night shift today. You shake your head, considering if you should just pretend not to hear it. But your conscious tells you other wise, even when you have already by pass the alley. Your legs stops itself, walking back towards where the sound was coming from. Taking one step at a time further in to the alley with a dead end.

While the sound of whimpering gets clearer in your ears. You try not to make sudden moves or any sound, to alert whoever or whatever was there hiding behind the waste bin. Blinking, you strain your eyes to see the bundle of lump on the floor in the dark alley. As if sensing your presence, it moves. While you jump back immediately. Back crashing to the other side of the wall, putting some distance between you and whatever it is. Staring at it bewiled, it doesn't help when you saw a pair of eyes staring back at you from that bundle. That was glowing yellow in the dark alley.

None of you move, just staring at each other. Until a whimper left it's lip. You squat down slowly, crawling towards it, as you keep your hands infront of you where it's visible trying to show that you're not a threat. And that you just want to see if it was alright. The pair of glowing yellow eyes stare at your every movement until you're infront of him. You took his silence as consent, as you lift the ragged cloth that is wrapped around it's head. Your eyes widen as you set your eyes on him. It can't be. Right infront of you it's a guy with an extra pair of ear on the top of his head and a extra tail that is wrapped around his torso. You saw on the news that some big company was caught doing illegal breeding and testing on human. And it was said that they are trying to create a super human that has better senses by combining animal's DNA to a human ones. 

And if what was said in the news was true. The person infront of you must be one of their experiments. You didn't know how to react to this situation. Taking in his look, jet black hair blending in with his black fluffy pointy ears and tail, sharp eyes, delicate features. Looking at all the scars visible on his body, you winch. Knowing fully well that there are definitely more scars hidden under his torn and dirty clothes. Taking your hoodie off, you offer it to him. With the clothes he is wearing, it definitely isn't doing him any good in this cold night.

 

Y/N: Do you want to come with me? It's dangerous out here. And you're hurt. I just want to help you. You don't have to stay. I just want to tend to your wounds.

 

 You don't even know if he understand you. But you have to at least try right? Staring at your out stretch hand, he took the hoodie and put it on himself. Struggling a little as a few whimper left his lips. Putting on the hood to hide his ear. Only until he stand up from his spot you realised how tall he was. He could practically tower over you and attack you.

 

'I'm not going to hurt you..'

Y/N: W..What? 

'I can smell the fear on you. I'm not going to attack you. Unless you are planning to hurt me or something.'

Y/N: No! no... I just want to help you. I swear. I'm not going to do anything to you.

 

With that he nod, showing you he understand where you're coming from. You sigh in relief, at least you're not going to be attacked. Walking down the main road to your apartment. He follows closely behind you. Finally reaching your apartment, you went straight to your bathroom to take your first aid kit. Walking back, you see him standing in the middle of your living room, where you have left him, not knowing what to do. So you offer him your bathroom with some of your clothes and towel for him to take a shower. While you prepared some hot drink and food for him to eat. Winching at the though of how skinny he was, you wonder if he even gets to eat proper food and how often would that be.

Half way while trying to whip up some decent food, your back came in to contact with something. Jumping up, because you didn't hear the foot steps that was approaching you. Turing around looking at him, he look entranced by the food you're cooking. His stomach growled and his cheek turn to a tint shade of red. Smiling up at him, you took the plate of food and put it on to your dining table with the hot chocolate you have made as well. Following close behind you, he hesitated, as if considering if he should sit. Staring intensely at your dinning chair, as if it has offended him. You decide to pull the chair out for him, guiding him to sit, as you put the food infront of him gesturing him to eat. And he gladly ate it all up.

Patching him up, you let him tugged at the corner of your shirt, as he whimper with every touch when you're applying the medication. And with the final dab, you offer him your bed to rest how ever long he wants and need it. As well as your own home. You wouldn't chase him away and you wouldn't force him to stay. Because you want him to have choice and freedom, making sure to emphasize on it when you tell him. As the night roll out, you pull the blanket higher, as the cold wind gets stronger in the living room. But you never regret giving your bed up for him as you toss and turn on the couch.

Jotting up from your slumber, as a sudden scream echo from your bedroom. You dart in, rushing to the hybrid in your bed. His body was covered in a layer of sweat, as he was chocking on a cry. Face scrunching as he was curling in to a ball, as if trying to make himself smaller. While he was shaking a little as well. Slowly you put your hand on him, pulling him in to a hug as you seat on the floor beside your bed. hand running down his back hoping to comfort him from whatever he is dreaming.

As the sun shine through the window, pass the curtain, his ear twitch. Picking up on soft breathing sound. Opening his eyes, he come face to face with your sleeping face. That was sitting on the floor, as one of your hand was on his back. Wrecking through his brain to know what was going on. He suddenly remember what he has been dreaming. Knowing he must have wake you up and scare you with his nightmare. He didn't know how to thank you. You have already done some much for him. He didn't know what to do. He has never met a human like you.

He was practically born in a lab, all his knowledge of human was that he was created by them. And all his life he has been tested on by them. Being hook up to machine and constantly being injected hurt him so much that he didn't even want to think about it anymore. He didn't even know why they did all they did to him and why he was here in the first place. Why he was even created at all. He was glad that he manage to escape that place as that lab was being intrude by people he had never seen before. All he know was that those people came in and turn the whole place down, getting whatever they could. And the next thing he know he saw a chance to fled and he did. He run as fast as could, as far away as his legs could take him.

It was only a day of running away he found a small town. He was tired, hungry and in pain. So he did everything he could. Hiding away from human, too scared to let them see him. Because he was so scared they would put him back where he ran from. So he found things from the waste bins around the area he was hiding. Cloth to cover his ears and tails and leftover food that could barely help his hunger. But nothing to help the pain he had. He could only wait for it to heal itself. As he was giving up hope, just wanting to end this life he had. He heard someone walking down the alley he was hiding. He took so much courage to lift his head to look at who it was. Because he didn't know if he should kill himself now before that presence is going to drag him back or he should attack and run again.

But as your eyes met his, he was shocked. He could smell the fear on you. He could see the tenderness and kindness in your eyes. You keep watching you until you squat down, putting your hand where he could see, going closer to him. He knew from the way you act, you're different. So he lets you pull the cloth off his head to show you his ear. He know you're not going to hurt him and he was right. Because the first words that came out of you was shocking to him. Because he don't know why you would even want to help him. But he accepted your help, because of how gentle your voice is. How sincere you seem. So decide he should risk it.

Stepping out of the shower, he could hear and smell you cooking something up. Walking  towards where you are, that was setting the food down on the table. You gesture him to join you, and he gladly did. Sitting down he was glad and grateful that his plate was pilled high with food unlike yours. You make sure that he was actually full by assuring him that you cooked a lot. You're glad that he was full and couldn't eat anymore from the way he left his 3rd plate still half full with food. 

 

'Thank you..'

Y/N: You're welcome....erm..

'I don't have a name...'

Y/N: It's okay! I'm Y/N. Do you have any name you like?

'Jong Hyun..'

Y/N: Jong Hyun then!

 

-

 

Since then, he slowly opened up to you. Talking more, asking how you are when you get back from work. You always make sure that you cook enough food for him and leave some money for him before you when off to work. If he ever wants to go out. You got him necessity he needed like clothes, cap that could hid his ears. Even a phone so he could contact you. He has a habit of waiting for you to come home. He even tries to cook dinner sometimes. He learned by just looking at you cook for him. He knows the basic of it, so you're not worried if he does cook. He would make up some excuse saying that the bed is too cold or he sleeps better with you there or you make his nightmares go away. In order to make you sleep on the bed with him. Partly because he feels guilty taking your bed but partly because he likes the comfort and back rubs you give him.  

It was only until the 3rd week or so, he told you he is a Bombay cat hybrid. He even told you where he was from. And how he end up getting all the scars. Apparently, right after he ran away from the lab to this small town where you live in. He told you he would scrape for left over food in the waste bins and scars come from shop owners that though he was a beggar that was scrapping through their waste. Because he hid his tail and ear with the cloth he had found. Shop owner would use brooms to hit him and chase him away, sometimes even running after him scolding curse words. Hearing that your heart ache, you're glad he was here now. His cheeks has fill out a little as his body was not as skinny as it was used to be. He told you how grateful he was of you, saving him from his miserable life.

 

 -

 

You can't have feelings, especially not for him. You definitely can't tell him about it as well. Because you don't want to force him to be with you. You don't want him to feel obligated to be with you because of what he owes you. Trying to control your heartbeat because you know his ears could pick it up. But it as getting harder and harder to convince your heart to just stop jumping rapidly. Especially when he would always cuddle up to you taking a whiff of your scent, by burying his nose on to your neck. Or when he was always lies his head on your lap when both of you watch TV demanding you to give him pets or back rubs. Or when he would always frown when you come back home from work with his little pouting lips saying that you smell like other people. Or when he would cage you in his sleep and never let go until he wakes up. You practically fell head over heels for him. How could you not when he is that cute, his eyes crinkle as he smiles, while his nose and ears would twitch and his tail would shake happily behind him. You just want to give him everything you could.

 

-

 

Something is not right. From the way he was avoiding you, to the way he would lock himself in the room when you come home. As if trying to get further away form you. But you don't take notice at first, passing it off as him want his alone time. But this is getting ridiculous. He doesn't sleep in the bed anymore, opting for the couch. Never staying in the same room as you. You could even tell he was moody and always lost in his thoughts. Because he was unaware you're home  already sometimes, and he would dart right back in the room the second he came back to his sense and see you. He doesn't even talk to you anymore. You're practically going crazy wanting to know what you had done to upset him to this extend.

That's why you came up with a plan. When he was lost in his thoughts, not realising that you have arrived home from work. You turn the door knob to your bed room, looking at the hybrid sitting on your bed still not realising what was going on. Only until you let yourself in the room, the lock click as your back was against the door to block his only path to escape. He shoot up from the bed, glancing at you as horror sets in his eyes.

 

Y/N: I have enough of this. What is wrong with you?

Jong Hyun: Ww.. Wha.. is going on?

Y/N: What is going on with you?

Jong Hyun: What? NOthinggg..

Y/N: Seriously? Nothing? You can't stand being in the same room as me. You don't even sleep on the bed anymore. You barely even talk to me now. I'm going crazy thinking what I have done wrong for you to act like this.

Jong Hyun: What?! No no no! I'm sorry. You didn't do anything at all...

Y/N: Than why are you acting this way? Is it because you want to leave? But you don't know how to tell me? You know I won't force you to stay if it make you uncomfortable.

Jong Hyun: NO!! No! I love it here... I don't want to leave... Unless you want me to...

Y/N: I don't want you to leave.

Jong Hyun: Okay..

Y/N: Can you tell me now what is going on?

Jong Hyun: It's just that.... you can't be that oblivious...

Y/N: Huh? What?

Jong Hyun: All the purring when I force you to give me back rubs. All the of your neck when I cuddle you. And especially how I react when you come home from work smelling like other people.

Y/N: I don't get it...

Jong Hyun: I like you! In fact, I love you. You're my mate...

Y/N: Mate?? As in partner? This things exist?

Jong Hyun: Yes...

Y/N: How long have you know?

Jong Hyun: Since the day at the alley and my eyes met yours...

Y/N: Than why are you avoiding me?

Jong Hyun: Because I know you'll never like me back. how could you I'm just... I don't even know what am I. How could you even love me back. But my feelings for you are so overwhelming. I needed to stop being so close to you because it would only make it harder for me knowing you would never feel the same. I... I think I have said too much now... I'm sorry. I swear I didn't mean to pour my emotions on you. I... I'm sorry. I'll leave. I know you're uncomfortable now knowing all this. Can I at least take a blanket with me... It gets cold out there...

You stood there shock. Trying to proceed the whole lot of information being thrown at you. You're his mate? Mate actually exist? It is because he is part cat? So he loves me back now? Okay? He actually loves me back? And not because he is being pressure to? Okay? Why didn't I see the signs? I'm so stupid. Wait?! What? Where is he going?!

As you're lost in your thoughts, he took your silence as you not wanting him to be here anymore. So he walked passed you taking a blanket with him. Going to head towards the door. As tears start pricking down his cheeks. Because his mate didn't accept him. The ears on top of his head was down casted and his tail was lifeless lying low on the ground being dragged with every step the took towards the door. As he was turning the knob, knowing that he needs to leave everything now, all the memories he share with his mate. At least he got to spend some time with you. You ran out of the room, pulling him back as the door slam shut again. He turn back looking at you with tears streaking down his cheeks ears peak up form the sudden shock.

 

Y/N: Where are you going?

Jong Hun: I... I don't know...

Y/N: Don't cry...

Jong Hyun: I'll be fine...

Y/N: Don't leave...

Jong Hyun: I don't want to make you uncomfortable... I'm doing myself a deed as well.... I'll just keep falling deeper in love with you if i'm here..

Y/N: I want you to stay.

Jong Hyun: You do? But...

Y/N: Yes silly. I want you to stay. Please stay.

 

Cupping his face with both of your hands, you wipe the tears on his cheeks. Puling him closer to you as both of your forehead met. As you whisper to each other.

 

Jong Hyun: Don't… It's just going to be harder for me...

Y/N: Don't you hear it.

Jong Hyun: What....?

Y/N: My heart beat.

 

That's when it hits him. He was so busy pouring his feelings to you, he didn't even hear the rapid beating of your heartbeat.

 

Jong Hyun: Wait! That means??

Y/N: Yes kitten. I love you too. So much. I'm not the only oblivious one.

Jong Hyun: What?! Why?

Y/N: What do you mean why? You might be a brat sometimes, asking for pats and back rub. But you have the kindest and purest heart I ever come across. How could I not love you?

Jong Hyun: You're not weird out that I'm not...

Y/N: Human? Why would I care? You're perfect

Jong Hyun: I'm...

Y/N: You're perfect and I love you back. So put the blanket where it came from, so we could cuddle. You owe me lots of kisses and I owe you lots of back rub for all the time we have spend away from each other.

Jong Hyun: I like the sound of that.

Y/N: Of course you do you kitten.

Jong Hyun: Can I?

 

He asked, as his eyes shines like a thousand of stars. Giving him a nod, he close the distance between both of your lips. You have never felt so right before until now.