Taste

Nu'est One Shot

 

ren-2.jpg

 

In a world where some people couldn’t smell, see colours, hear music & get bruise up when your soulmate is hurt. You know you shouldn’t complain about how you’re connected to your soulmate. You know you had it easier than others. You share the same taste bud as your soulmate until you finally met each other. But you couldn’t help it.

 

Y/N: Arghh… Ewww.. Really??

 

Scrunching your nose, the overly sweet taste filled your tongue in the middle of a lecture.

 

Hana: What is it this time?

Y/N: Hmmmm…. Blueberry smoothie?.......Avocado toast?? What the?? Who eats these combos of food?

Hana: Your soulmate apparently.

Y/N: God…. This is so torturing…. Why does my soulmate have such a sweet tooth? He barely eats a decent meal. And even when he does, he has to pair it with something sweet.

Hana: Not everyone likes your bitter taste just like your personality.

Y/N: I do not have a bitter personality. Just because I like my coffee black with no sugar. Dose not mean I have a bitter personality and taste bud.

Hana: Well….

Y/N: Argh….

 

You flop your head on the desk, as the sweet icy taste of the blue berry smoothie filled your tongue. Accompany with a after taste of creamy avocado & burnt toast. You really did wish you had stop by your campus Starbucks to chase these tastes away with your black coffee.

All you know is that, when you met your soulmate. You’re going to stop the abnormally large amount of sugar intake your soulmate inhales on a daily basis. Before he could get diabetes, if he had not already had it.  

-

Ren’s Pov

Waking up in the morning with a bitter taste of coffee lingering in his mouth. He groans out loud. He really wonders if his soulmate is actually an old grandpa that inhales bitter coffee like water. Do his soulmate even sleep? Why does he taste bitter coffee when he wakes up, and right before he goes to sleep? All he wants to do now, was to chase the lingering taste with some sugary drink.

Already planning in his head that he has to get his daily sugary intake. He got himself ready, preparing to head to the nearest café near his apartment. Which is funny cause, it’s next to a campus. And he always felt out of place there. Cause he is practically the only working adult there with college students surrounding him. Not that it’s anything weird or bad, just a little out of place.

It’s not like he is older than those college students. They are practically the same age as him. It’s just that he does want to go to college, he doesn’t like studying. That’s why he works in an art gallery right after he graduated high school. Enjoy doing something he truly loves.

The café was not as filled as usual. He stood infront of the counter as usual, ordering what he fills like drinking that day. Upon ordering an ice lemonade day with mango cake, he search his pocket for his wallet. But it was nowhere to be found. He curses himself, trying to think where it could be. Only to realise he must have put it on his kitchen table before he came out. Cursing himself even more, he knows he had to go on today with his usual fix of sugar.

Preparing to apologies to the guy on the other side of the counter. Which had seen everything unfold in front of him. He thought to himself that he must have been like acting like a crazy person, almost getting a panic attack in a café. Preparing to open his mouth, a voice behind him stop him.

 

Y/N: I’ll pay for him. Could you add in one black coffee with no sugar as well.

 

He turned looking at the girl behind him. He must have been staring very long. Because she gives him a nudge and a smile walking towards the collection point. He followed her as she walked away, breaking out of his thoughts due to the nudge.

 

Ren: You didn’t have to do that.

Y/N: It’s okay.

Ren: I just forget to bring my wallet. I left it at home.

Y/N: I thought you were having a panic attack for a moment.

Ren: Sorry…

Y/N: It’s okay. You’re funny.

Ren: I’ll pay you back!

Y/N: You don’t have to.

Ren: No! I insist please. Meet me here tomorrow?

Y/N: Tomorrow?

Ren: Yes! Tomorrow, this time? I’ll pay for your order.

Y/N: It’s okay thought.

Ren: No! you did me a favour. Please. I can’t make you pay for me.

Y/N: Hmm.. okay then. I’ll see you tomorrow?

Ren: Yes tomorrow.

 

The girl took her coffee with her while handling a bag with his drink to him. Both exiting the café, going their separate ways. Not putting two to two together. As black coffee and lemonade was tasted on their tongue. Neither of them thought of anything and continue their day as usual.

-

Y/N’s Pov

 

You walked up to the café the next day, not knowing what to expect. Since you have no lectures, you basically have a free day. And nothing better than to spend the day in the café and enjoy your black coffee. You’re planning to go there anyway. Walking in, you saw the guy from yesterday, already sitting at the corner of the café. You walked up to him and greet him in a friendly manner. Which made him smile back at you brightly. Damn… this boy is glowing. You’re not even kidding.

Moving on. You order a black coffee as usual, with a pastry. While he ordered some citrus fruit drink with a slice of chocolate cake. Taking a sit back on the table with both of your orders. As you took the first sip of coffee. You’re enjoying your cup of coffee as usual. But you slowly see Ren, which he had introduce himself when both of you were in queue, start to have a frown on his face. Looking at him curiously, you wander what is he thinking, barely touching his food.

 

Y/N: You alright there?

Ren: Hmm…

Y/N: What’s with the frown?

Ren: It’s nothing... Just my soulmate.

Y/N: Your soulmate?

Ren: Ya.. We like connected with our taste buds.

Y/N: Oh… That’s interesting, me too.

Ren: Really?

Y/N: Yup. So, what’s up with her?

Ren: It’s just that, she’s drinking her daily dose of black bitter coffee again.

Y/N: What’s wrong with that?

Ren: The amount that she drinks. And the timing. It’s the last thing taste when I go to sleep and the first thing I taste when I wake up in the morning. I just don’t get it, what’s so great. It feels like she is trying to drown herself in coffee.

Y/N: I take offense to that. I myself loves coffee as well. I can’t live without it. So, I sympathise with her alright. Coffee is life. Sue me.

Ren: I can’t relate.

Y/N: Just like how I can’t relate with my soulmate. He has a really sweet tooth. I swear the amount of sugar he put it in his body is dangerously high. Plus, I swear he has an obsession with blueberry smoothie with avocado toast.

 

With that he froze for a second. Looking up at you, sipping on your black coffee. As the taste of black coffee still linger on his tongue. He immediately scopes a bunch of chocolate cake on this fork and put it infront if you.

 

Y/N: What?

Ren: Just taste it.

 

Looking at you with his eyes wide. You compiled to him. Eating the chocolate cake form his fork. And within a few second, he started laughing. As chocolate spreads across his taste bud. Leaving you confuse. Not knowing what was going on. He composes himself after a while.

 

Ren: Let me just try your pastry.

Y/N: Ya, sure.

 

Taking a bite, he looks a you. With a smile on his face. Still not catching on the situation. You stare at him confuse. Until a buttery taste hits your tastes bud. Your expression changes. Looking at him wide eyes.

 

Ren: So… I have an obsession with blueberry smoothie and avocado toast huh.

Y/N: And I want to drown myself in coffee huh.

Ren: Nice to meet you, soulmate.

Y/N: I guess it was nice meeting you too.

 

Staring at each other with wide smiles spreading across both of your face.