Fake Girlfriend? (Min Hyun)

Nu'est One Shot

CONCEPT: ANGST & FLUFF

Image result for hwang minhyun

Standing infront of the tall building with a big ‘HWANG Pte Ltd’ on it. As reality kicks in, just remind you of how rich your best friend is. Because you know this was only one of the building your best friend family owns. While you’re just a broke collage student feeling so out of place in being surrounded by well dressed adult. Whom can barely afford to pay for your own student loan and living expenses. Even so, you hadn’t asked him for any money or anyone in fact. And you’re proud of it. Even though you had to starve yourself for a few days because you ran out of money. But it never comes to your mind to ask any from him or even tell him what you’re going through. Even though you know he wouldn’t hesitate to give you anything, because that is just how he was as a person. Kind heart and willing to do anything for the one he cares about. It feels so surreal for you, that you had someone of that high status in your life.

Hwang Min Hyung. Ceo of Hwang Pts Ltd, he steps up to inherit the company just last year upon graduating collage. Now stepping next to this father, working hand in hand to manage the company. You remember the first time you saw him in collage. You moved out of the city from your parents to stay in Seoul, to attend the course you always wanted. Got yourself a dorm in your university. And now you’re starting a new chapter of your life without your parents here. Got a few jobs so you could pay for your student loan and dorm fee. Jobs that are odd hours to accommodate your class schedules. Working your of in school and your job. Even though you should have been sleeping instead of working. But you couldn’t afford to, you needed the money. And that’s was the only way to put a shelter above your head and food infront of you to eat.

It was the first day for you to attend your collage. Classes was a breeze because it was just an introduction of all the classes you’re going to attend. And in no time the lunch break was here. Deciding to take this time to explore the campus because there is 2 hours before your next class. Walking around the campus, remember in the structure and the path you took. Taking in your environment. Finding yourself coming to a small café in the back of the campus. Too far from the entrance for anyone to make all the way here to get their coffee fix. Why would they need to, when there is one right beside the campus entrance? But their still a few people sitting in the café with a cup infront of them, enjoying the peaceful and cosy environment. Deciding to chill out here, giving yourself a mental note that this would be where you’ll be hanging out from now on. Walking to the counter with order your drink.

Before you know it, 2 hours has just passed like that. With your half drink coffee, which is now surely cold now. Shoot yourself up from the seat, cursing yourself mentally. Getting all of your things in a hurry out of the café. Only to have bump in to a guy with his cup of coffee in his hand. Leaving you with his half empty cup of coffee on your shirt. Telling yourself in your head that you have no time to deal with this. You’re already late for your last class of the day. And it was only your first day of school, you don’t want to leave a bad impression of yourself for your lecturer. While the guy infront of you keep apologizing, asking if you’re alright. Giving him a quick nod and assuring him that you’re fine, not even looking at his face. Dashing out of the café, running to your class.

Only when you are setting down on the seat of your next lecture, you realised what had happen. Telling yourself that at least you’re wearing a black shirt, and there’s no obvious stain. It could have been worst, at least the coffee is not hot, and it didn’t burn you. All you had to do is get past this 3 hours lecture smelling like coffee and uncomfortable, sticky shirt. Till the end of your day in school.

The next time you encounter him, was when you’re getting some report done in the same café you have fixed as your regular hang out spot. It was around mid of your first semester, just a few months form the first accident you encounter with him. Eyes pin on your laptop, typing furiously. Wanting to get this report done by today no matter what. It was then a figure sat down across you, making you shot your eyes up to him. Staring at him in confuse, not knowing what he wants. Only managing to blur out ‘Do you need something? Do I know you?’. It was then you found out he was the one that spilled is coffee on the first day of school. The day ended with both of you having to click and laugh about the accident and him helping you out with your report as an apologize. As he insisted you on, by using his authority of being one year older than you and being your senior in the school. Lastly, his phone number in your phone.

That was it, he came in to your life since that day. Countless sleepless night spends in your dorm together rushing to get both of your report done. Barely surviving. Countless talks and time spend together, getting locked out of your dorm past the curfew. Ending up having to crash at his place. You’re like fire and his’s like water. Keeping you in place and stable. While you’re his spark. But none of you have crossed over the line of friendship. He has his fair share of girlfriend along the way after both of you met, so did you. It was then when he graduated, while you’re on your last year, the contact has lessened. You understand, since he needs to learn and take over his father’s position as soon as possible. But he did keep you update on his life, here and there. While you’re busy with keep everything in check, balancing with school, work and rent.

It was then you got a call from Min Hyun asking you to meet him at his office. Because he has something to discuss with you, that can’t be done over the phone. That’s why you’re now standing infront of the tall building with a big ‘HWANG Pte Ltd’ on it. Feeling out of place. Taking a deep breathe, you walk in to the lobby of the lavish building. Going straight to the receptionist.

‘Hello, how may I help you?’

//You couldn’t stand the way the she uses her gaze, staring at you from top to bottom. As if telling you that you don’t belong here. But you put it off not wanting to let this women get to you.//

A Ra: Hwang Min Hyun.

//Her glaze darken, glaring at you.//

‘Pardon? Do you have an appointment with him?’

A Ra: No. He asked me to find him here.

//Snickering at you, as if mocking you.//

‘Well, then I couldn’t do anything for you.’

A Ra: Can’t you just make the call up to his office and check with him?

‘Look. I won’t because you’re clearly just one of his admirers that he doesn’t know of. Do you really think I would believe what you’re saying? Honey, I’ve been here for years. I have seen tons of girls trying to get in like you’

//You swear you’re so close to land your fist at his stuck-up face.//

A Ra: Fine, I’ll call him to let me in then.

//Mocking and challenging you.//

‘Ya right. Go on.’

//Taking up your phone you called him. Lucky he pick up within a few rings.//

A Ra: HWANG MIN HYUN! I’m stuck at your lobby because your receptionist doesn’t want to let me up.

//While she shakes her head in displease. As if thinking you’re still lying to her face.//

A Ra: Fine. Take it.

//Passing your phone to the receptionist who still look not one bit convince. But taking your phone anyway.//

‘Look whoever you are---- Omg I’m so sorry boss. Yes. I’ll let her up this instant’

//Looking back at you with frighten eyes. You took your phone back. While she leads you to the elevator. Pressing the top floor for you, while bowing to you and apologising outside the elevator. While you make you way up. As the elevator open up, you’re met with a gigantic door. Walking up to it, you pushed the door open. Meeting your smiling best friend standing infront of his desk in his all black tailor suit, walking up to you to give you a big hug.//

Min Hyun: I miss you!!!

A Ra: I swear if you’re not my best friend I would have kill you already.

Min Hyun: What’s with the long face baby girl?

A Ra: I just have a 6 hours lecture back to back. Tons of essay yet to hand up, that I should be doing now. But here I am in the middle of the town, which took me exactly an hour to get here with my heavy bag. Looking like I just woke up, and I have to face your stuck-up receptionist attitude which was clearly mocking me.

Min Hyun: I’m sorry. I’ll fire that receptionist. I’ll get your bag, give it to me. As for your essay I’ll help you with it, like old times. And you still look beautiful no matter how you look and wear alright. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.

A Ra: Forget it. I’m just tired. I just wanted to rant. You don’t have to fire her, she’s doing her job anyway.

Min Hyun: Come here then.

//Pulling you to his desk, sitting down on his chair, while he pulled you down sitting sideway on his lap. Hugging you and stoking your back to help you calm down. While you melt in to his embrace, leaning your head on his shoulder.//

A Ra: So, what do you have to tell me? That you can’t over the phone?

Min Hyun: Ehmm…. Be my girlfriend…

//Shooting your head up from his shoulder, you stare at him bewildered//

Min Hyun: I just need you to pretend to be my girlfriend for a while.

A Ra: ??

Min Hyun: This few months I would be having a lot of company dinner to attend to. Some here and some oversees. I just need you to be my plus one for these few months.

A Ra: But isn’t it better that you bring your secretary?

Min Hyun: She’s already married and you’re the only one that I trust. Please?

A Ra: But what’s in for me?

Min Hyun: I’ll pay you.

A Ra: WHAT?

Min Hyun: A Ra… I know you’re struggling with your student loan and rent. Just for these few months, I want you to take a break from work, I’m going to pay you anyway. And you only have just a few weeks left until your semester ends. So just take it as, you’re hanging out with your best friend.

A Ra: This doesn’t sound right.

Min Hyun: A Ra. I need your help on this one. You may not understand but company dinner is too stressful for me. Plus, the people there would keep pestering me about my love life. I just want my best friend through these times. And I know I have been so busy with work neglecting you. Take it as I want to spend more time with you?

A Ra: No best friends pays their best friend to hang out.

Min Hyun: I just want to help you.

A Ra: By being my sugar daddy?

Min Hyun: WOAH!!! You don’t have to go there.

A Ra: Well, it practically looks like it.

Min Hyun: Whatever. So, are you in or not?

A Ra: Fine.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, that was how you find yourself packing your luggage, just 2 weeks later having the conversation with your best friend. After you’re done with exam and the semester. Dragging all your stuff to his apartment that you have been to a fair amount of time since you know him. Putting your luggage in the guest room, making yourself comfortable. Lying on the bed, you contemplate if this is what you’re really going to do for the next few months. Clearly knowing this is not going to end well for you. Because, you aren’t supposed to have feelings for the one who paid you for your company right? Friends or not, you clearly know you can’t. Sighing you told yourself that this is going to be a tough and long few months. How are you supposed to hide your feelings when you’re practically living with the one you like? Oh god. This ain’t going to be pretty.

As the days passed by, your wardrobe is filled with more branded goods. Each piece easily cost at least a year of your pay back then. You knew your best friend was rich, but you didn’t know he was that rich. Practically the top 3 richest people in your country. Well, it’s not like you would actually search up your best friend and find out how rich it was, back then. And it’s not like he would just tell you. So, you couldn’t blame anyone for that.

You remember the first event he drags you to. Feeling awkward and nervous in your sparkling black off shoulder dress. And black pumps. Clenching on your best friend’s arm, all the way. Not knowing how to interact with anyone and how they’re going to react to you. But he squeezes your hand lightly getting you out of your thought. Put his hands on the back of your back, leading you to some guest. Luckily everyone he introduces you was nice. You’re just overthinking and all of them are overjoyed and happy to see him finally coming in with someone, instead of himself. Having some small decent chat with most of the people. Sharing stories of how they got together with their partners. While he told them the story of both of your first encounter. Making all of them laugh. You enjoyed yourself and you have gotten the hang of it the more you went to each event. Feeling more comfortable and confident, especially when your best friend was by your side.

It was bad. The littlest gesture your best friend did for you made your heart flutter as the days go by. How he would push your hair back your ear. How his hand landed on your back naturally. How he would pull you close to him, resting his hand on your waist when someone approach both of you to have a chat. How he would tell you how beautiful you look before any event to reassure you. How even being silent with him was so comfortable. How you would hang out when there was not even to attend. How he would rest his chin on your shoulder and hand on your waist naturally. How he would slip his hand into your naturally. It was definitely bad.

Because every time you felt like there was something going on between both of you. Or you hope so. You’re snapped back to reality by him. By handling you a thick envelope filled with cash, as he had promised. Receiving the envelop was like a stab to your heart. Because it means that this was just an agreement. All the emotions and things he did, both of you did, was just an agreement. Nothing more. And it’s getting harder and harder to hide your feelings for him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eyes concentrating on the screen infront of both of you. Remote on each of your hand. As both of you focus on playing the game. With only one goal in mind ‘I’m going to win’. Mario kart is on. And both of you are so focused on beating the other party. Because tonight menu would be chosen by whoever win. And would be paid by whoever lose. His kart is just leading by a little and you couldn’t lose to him. Panicking, you thought of something. Faking an accident hitting his leg with yours, acting as if you lose your balance. Pushing him over, while your kart drove pass him the finishing line. While his kart made a turn crashing to the wall. Wide grin spread across your face, while you look at him. He frowns, eyes darken, putting the remote to his side and tackled you down. Tickling you. Making you fall on your back, trying to peel his hands off.

Min Hyun: That’s what you get for being a cheater!

A Ra: S—T—OP---!!!!!! I’m sorry!!! I’m sorry!!!

Making both of you a laughing mess on the floor. As the laughter dies down, both of you then realised, the position both of you are in. He towered over you, hands on your waist, while yours on his chest clenching his shirt. Both of you staring at each other in the eyes. There was a moment of silence. Before he cleared his throat, getting off you. Sitting up.

Min Hyun: Ehm.. Oh ya!

Getting up from his spot to his room, walking out with an envelope in his hand. He sat back down next to you. Smiling at you, extending his hand with the envelope to you. Staring at the envelope in his hands. The pain strikes your heart deep. As tears started to form. He looked surprised, cupping your face.

Min Hyun: A Ra. What happen. Why are you crying??? What’s wrong?

A Ra: This…

Min Hyun: What?

A Ra: This. This is what’s wrong.

Min Hyun: What do you mean.

A Ra: Everything about this is wrong. You, Me. This thing we are doing. Everything. I can’t do this anymore.

Min Hyun: I understand. You don’t have to do this if you don’t want to. It’s okay.

A Ra: It’s not okay. Everything is not okay.

Min Hyun: Everything is alright. We can just stop doing this and be back to normal. Nothing has change and will.

A Ra: It won’t. We will never be back to what we are.

Min Hyun: I don’t understand. What do you mean? A Ra… Talk to me. I need you to tell me what’s bothering you?

A Ra: You. What’s bothering me is you. I can’t anymore. We can ever get back to how we were before. I’m sorry.

Min Hyun: A Ra… I don’t quite get what you mean.

A Ra: I fell in love with you okay?! I fell for you, my best friend. That’s paying me to pretend to be his girlfriend. Someone I wasn’t supposed to. That’s why.

Min Hyun: A Ra.. //Trying to reach out to you.//

A Ra: Don’t! Stop! Stop being so nice to me. It’s just worst. Stop acting so nice to me when you don’t like me.

Getting up you took your phone and keys. Running out of his house, back to your own house. Locking yourself in your room you cried yourself to sleep. Waking up by the door bell, opening up the door. You see his secretary infront of you with all your stuff. Thanking her, you brought everything in to your house with her help.

‘He told me to tell you that he’s sorry. And he would be always there when you’re ready to talk to him.’

With that she grabs your hand putting the envelope in your hand, getting out of your house. Closing the door, you fell on floor. Legs giving up on you, while you lie on the floor crying again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 weeks has passed, and you have been lying around you house not doing anything. But today, you finally decide that you should start finding a new job. Start being productive. Of course, you hadn’t contact your so called best friend yet. You never thought of contacting him every again, not until your feelings for him is sorted.

Practically hogging yourself with finding work and interviews. Finally, you found yourself getting a call, telling you that you’re accepted in to a decent company.  Finally, after 2 hard weeks of dedication of finally a job finding. Plus, it was near in your hometown. Packing your things immediately and finding a suitable and affordable place to rent near your parent’s house. A week later you find yourself moving everything in your new apartment in your home town. Unpacking everything already, you finally had the time to rest. It was a hectic week, packing your stuff and moving everything was tough. It wasn’t until you’re now sitting on the sofa of your new apartment, then you hit you that you had left everything behind. It hurts. But you convinced yourself that you’ll get over it. It’s better this way.

Deciding to get some fresh air, you walked out of your apartment up the streets to a higher land. Where you get to oversee the town. Heavy breathes, you closed your eyes and enjoy the wind blowing through your hair. Clearing your mind.

It was then you hear footsteps behind you, before two hands slipped to your waist. You back on someone’s chest, while that person face practically buried in to your neck. You jot out of your state, fighting to peeled off the hands off you. Until you hear the person speak. It was then, you are try to take a good look at the person who has his face buried on your neck. His smell and his voice. Everything’s so familiar.

Min Hyun: Don’t…. Stop. It’s just me.

A Ra: Min Hyun???

Min Hyun: Don’t… stop. Just let me stay like this for awhile… Please…

A Ra: What…. What are you doing here???

Min Hyun: Because I’m an idiot. I’m an idiot for letting you go. I’m sorry. I really am. I know I say that I’ll wait for you to be ready to talk. But… But I miss you. So damn much. I can’t deal with this pain. I feel like I’ve change drastically over this month. I’m not myself anymore. Please. I need you back. I can’t. I fell in love with you too.. But I realised it too late. You were gone.. And I didn’t know what to do. I didn’t dare talk to you. I know you hate me. I don’t expect you to still love me after everything. Just…. Just let me stay like this for awhile. Then I’ll be gone. I promise.

A Ra: Min Hyun… //Peeling his hands off you, wanting to look at him. But he tightens his hold and wouldn’t bulge//

Min Hyun: Please don’t… Don’t reject me…. Just one last time… And I’ll be gone.

A Ra: Min Hyun… Listen to me. Please let go.. Just for awhile. Please?

With that he lets go of his hold on you. While you turn to look at him. Both hands on your waist. Head looking down to the ground. You cupped both of your hands on his face, bring his face up to meet yours. Dark heavy eye bags on his face. He looks like he had lost some weight as well. Pain expression was on his face. It pains you to see him in this state. And with that you smashed your lips with his. All your feelings poured on him. Tugging you close to him, he hugged you closer. While your hands encircled around his neck. Hard and furious. Heavy breathes and tight grip on each other. Breaking out of the kiss gasping. Hands still in the same position. He looked at you confused, searching your eyes. As if looking for an answer. You chuckled at him.

A Ra: You’re not going anywhere. I love you too idiot.

Related image