Promise (Aron)

Nu'est One Shot

CONCEPT: ANGST & FLUFF

Image result for aron dispatch

You’re over at Aron’s dorm. Which is shared within his friends and him. 5 of them in total. (Jr, Ren. Baek Ho, Min Hyun & him) You have known his friend for about 5 years now since he had moved here. It was around 9pm. Empty beer cans were piled on the table. And all of you were having a mini catching up session. It has only been 2 hours, but Ren and Min Hyun have already passed out on the floor as usual. Making poor Baek Ho drag both of them to their rooms and go back to his to call it a night. It was a routine for the pass 5 years you have known them. Hanging out with them. They were the only friends you have. Well Aron was the only friend you have, until he introduces you to them. And the rest was history.

Aron was cleaning up the living room, while you’re with Jr in the shared room he has with Aron. Sitting on the floor with more snacks. As you continue to talk about how you have been doing since the last time both of you met.

 

Jr: A Ra. Do you like Aron?

A Ra: What are you talking about? Are you hearing yourself.

Jr: I know what I’ve just said.

A Ra: He’s my best friend. I have known him since we were 12.

Jr: I know. I’m asking if you like him.

A Ra: Absolutely not.

Jr: Then why aren’t you look at me in the eyes when you said that.

A Ra: Jr…

Jr: I know you’re lying. You’re so bad at it. Only Aron would be fooled by you.

A Ra: …..

Jr: You know I told him that you kind of have feelings for him. A week ago.

A Ra: That’s why he came to ask me huh.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*3 days ago*

Just a typical day out with Aron. Done with dinner, while both of your hands were holding on to the ice cream you brought as a dessert. Eating the ice cream and walking down the streets back to your place.

Aron: A Ra…

A Ra: Ya?

Aron: Do you like me?

A Ra: You’re my friend. Of course, I like you. If not, why are we still friends for the past 10 years.

Aron: I mean do you like me more than a friend?

//You look at him in shocked. As if time froze, you stood there still. Feet glued to the ground, and as if you have something stuck in your throat preventing you from speaking. You told yourself that he couldn’t have notice. All these years, you hide it so well. Did he really found out that you have been crushing on him for the longest time? You did so well. He couldn’t have. You tried play the role of being his best friend so well. Supporting him in every way, even when he was in a few relationships through the years. It killed you, and it hurts thinking back. But you put on that fake smile that you always did and congratulate him. Telling him you’re happy that he found someone. Even though you wish that you’re the one beside him, holding on to him and telling him how much you love and appreciates him. You know you will never have a chance with him and you never will. Because he would never see you as more than a friend. That’s why you swore that you would take this secret to your grave//

Aron: Sorry, I don’t know what has gotten to me. It’s just that I heard from some of my friends that we’re too close. And like, it seems to them that, both of us have feelings for each other. That’s ridiculous right. We’re just friends. I can’t believe they would even think that.

A Ra: Hahahah… Ya… That’s ridiculous. We’re just friends. They don’t know about us.

Aron: No way you could ever like me and no way I could ever like you back.

A Ra: Ya…. No way..

Aron: It’ll be so awkward. I can’t picture myself with you. It’s so weird.

A Ra: Right… So weird…

Aron: Let’s promise never to fall for each other.

A Ra: ….

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Present*

Jr: Have you ever thought of telling him?

A Ra: No.

Jr: Why?

A Ra: Because he will never see me more than a friend. And he freaked out a few days ago after you told him that. And he made me promise him that we would never fall for each other.

Jr: Are you dumb?

A Ra: Say what you want. But I’m trying to not ruin my friendship with him.

Jr: By keeping your undying love for him to yourself?

A Ra: Stop making fun of me!

Jr: I’m not. Just saying it’s stupid.

A Ra: What’s stupid is Aron alright!

Jr: Woah! Chill!

A Ra: No. I won’t. Did you even know, him saying that it’s weird picturing me and him together is hurtful? I guess not. I’m just trying to not ruin this friendship and keep my feeling to myself. For god sake, of course I know it’s stupid. But why did I even choose to do it still? Because Kwak ing Aron is too blind to see that I’m in love with him. And is too disgusted to even picture himself with me. Till he made me promise him to never fall in love with him. So, don’t come here telling me it’s stupid and ask me to chill. Because in hell I’m in the right mind now.

Jr: .

A Ra: That’s right. !

Jr: No.. Ehmm… A..ron….

A Ra: …..

Aron: A Ra??

You turn to the doorway looking at the shocked figure looking back at you. Wondering what you were saying. You wonder the same thing of how much he had heard both of you. You tried to voice something out, a denial, an excuse, but nothing could come out of you. As if there is something stuck in your throat preventing you from speaking. From trying to denial your feelings, from trying to uttering something to save your friendship with him. But nothing, nothing at all. As if time stops and both of you freeze. Nothing was happening and not one was talking for a good 2 minutes. Just exchanging glaze. This was it, you thought to yourself. The secret you swear to take to your grave, is revealed. And you swear that you would do anything to take every word you said back. Because the expression on the figure infront of you, looking at you, was hopping the same as well. Confusion, scared and surprised. Mixture of what he was showing you. That was it. You stood up, walking passed the still frozen figure. Out of the room, out of the house, out of their life. Out of his life.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* 2 Months later*

 

*knock knock*

 

A knocking on your front door made you tossed in your bed. Looking at the time on your clock which states ‘2 am’. Cursing in your head, thinking who would be still up knocking on your door. And it is not like you knew anyone. Reluctantly, you got out of your bed. Walking towards your door, opening it up, in your state of daze. Staring at the figure in front of you blankly, not registering it in your mind.

Aron: A Ra…. Hi?

*Bang!*

Slamming your door right in front of his face. Trying to gather your thoughts together. Not knowing why, he was right in front of you. Standing in front of your door. You thought you clearly cut him off and out of your life. You thought you have finally forgotten about him. Finally, over him. Convincing yourself. Maybe you’re just seeing things. Maybe if you opened the door again, he won’t be there anymore.

*Opening your door again*

Aron: Ehm… It’s been a long ti—

*Bang*

Slamming the door once again right in his face. Thinking to yourself “Nope. This is not an illusion, or you are hallucinating. He is really right in front of you. On your door step. But the question is why? And why is your heart suddenly racing again? It can’t be that you’re still in love with him, right? It can’t be it. No, it’s most definitely not it. Convincing yourself that you’re over him and trying to be in a denial state. Not wanting to accept the fact that you still have feeling for him, even thought you clearly know it. Maybe it’s because of your pride and ego, being hurt that time. Maybe, maybe, you just really too proud to admit defeat.” Having a mental breakdown going in your head. Hoping he would get the hint and leave.

But obviously it won’t go according to your plan. Because a slight knock on the door, jot you out of your thought. Cursing your used to be best friend in your head for not taking a hint. Heart pounding, not knowing why he was still so insistent when you slam the door twice on him. Mentally preparing yourself in your head to face him again after 2 months. Calming your beating heart and messed up mind. You finally opened the door again.

Aron: You aren’t going to slam the door again on my face, right?

A Ra: Maybe I will.

Preparing to slam the door again, but he stops the door in time before you did. And let himself in your house. Closing the door behind him. Standing there in front of you. The air was still. Neither of you were speaking. The silence in the room was so loud. You can’t take it anymore, deciding to clear your throat.

A Ra: Ehm…. So… what brings you here?

Aron: I…. I never thought we would be this awkward around each other

//Chuckled bitterly//

A Ra: Well, you clearly never thought of a lot of things about us……

//Bluntly stating what you thought//

Aron: ……

//Clearly shocked at what you said//

A Ra: Forget about that. Why are you here?

//The words came out harsher than you thought//

//He was clearly taken a back again//

Aron: Ehm….. I… I.. just wanted to see how you’re doing…

//Maybe it’s because your pride was hurt by him, and you’re just trying to vent it out on him now//

A Ra: Well, you saw me. So, bye.

//He looked at you shocked, staring at you. Tears started to fill his eyes, while he tried to swallow the bitterness and hurt he felt. Standing there frozen. Not knowing what to do. Feeling hurt by you. But you seem not affected at all. Staring at him with your cold glaze. He didn’t know who the person standing in front of him is anymore. The person in front of him seems so distant to him. So, guarded and he can’t seem to read you anymore. The person in front of him is not the person he knows anymore. So many thoughts were swimming in his mind. As he tried uttering words out but chocked on it instead//

Aron: Wh…at hap..pen… to us… Wh…at hap…pen to you?

//As if pleading the old you to come out//

//But he hurt your pride too much for you to act normal to him anymore. Chuckling bitterly, you responded him//

A Ra: You. You happen to me. Have you forgotten? Have you forgotten how you act? Have you forgotten about it?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*2 months ago*

 

//That was it. You stood up, walking passed the still frozen figure. Out of the room, out of the house, out of their life. Out of his life//

 

Walking down the streets, you heard footsteps running behind you. Getting closer and closer to you. But you are too occupied with the tears flowing down your eyes and the aching sensation from your heart to notice. Until a hand landed on your shoulder to jot you out of it. Wiping your tears away before turning around looking at the person.

Aron: Hey…. You alright?

A Ra: I will be.

Aron: Did you…

A Ra: Did I what?

Aron: Did you meant what you said?

A Ra: What if I did?

Aron: I…I don’t know….

A Ra: This is the reason why I didn’t want you to know. Because you’re too scared. Too scared to change anything between us. Even if you did have feelings for me.

Aron: A Ra…

A Ra: It’s okay.. I get it.. You don’t have to explain yourself. Neither do you have to give me an answer.

Aron: A Ra.. Don’t…

A Ra: It’s too late Aron.

Aron: What do you mean?

A Ra: It’s too late to act like all of this didn’t happen. That I didn’t feel anything for you.

Aron: No. A Ra. I could.

A Ra: But I can’t. I can’t look at you and not feel hurt that you feel disgusted by me.

Aron: I don’t!!

A Ra: But you hate the thought of us together. You hate picturing us together and you can’t. And you can’t denial that it turns you off thinking about us. I saw the look on your face just 3 days ago. You can’t lie to me Aron.

Aron: A Ra…. I’m sorry…

A Ra: I think it’s better if we go our own ways from now on.

Aron: A Ra… It doesn’t have to be this way.

A Ra: Could you look at me again and not feel weird out?

Aron: ….

A Ra: That’s what I thought.

Aron: No…I..

A Ra: Save it. Goodbye Aron.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Present*

A Ra: I thought we have already agreed to go our own ways. Why are you here.

Aron: I didn’t.

A Ra: What do you mean.

Aron: I didn’t agree on that. You said it yourself and cut me out of your life after that.

A Ra: I did what was best for us.

Aron: You did what was best for you.

A Ra: No. I did you a favour by leaving you.

Aron: That was not what I wanted. Did you ask me about it?

A Ra: I don’t have to.

Aron: Than how do you know what is best for me.

A Ra: I just know.

Aron: NO. You don’t know anything at all.

A Ra: But I know you didn’t like me.

Aron: That what you thought.

A Ra: No. That’s what you said.

Aron: I admit. I said it. But there was a lot of things going on back then and everything was so confusing. I didn’t have the time to sit down and think about us. When I was told you might like me. And I know I hurt you. I said things I regret and couldn’t take back. But the last time you didn’t even allow me to explain myself.

A Ra: There was nothing to explain Aron. It was clear that you didn’t like me, and things was going weird between us. And you’re clearly scared.

Aron: Yes. I was. But not anymore.

A Ra: What do you mean by that?

Aron: I’m not scared anymore. And I had the time to think about us. About what happen. I had the time to sort out both of our feelings. And I came to realise something. That’s why I’m here today.

A Ra: I don’t get it.

Aron: I love you.

A Ra: Aron. This is not funny.

Aron: I’m not trying to be. I’m serious. I now it’s hard to believe me when I told you I would never fall in love with you. These 2 months, I felt empty. Empty without you. I tried to find the reason why and I found it. I over look my feelings for you and took it as friendship. And then I realised why would people always tell us that we look more like a couple then friends. Because the things we do are not friends normally would. And then I found my answer. I love you. I guess I was scared. I was a coward to admit my feelings for you. But I was wrong. Because if it means being a coward and losing you. I would rather break out of my comfort zone and get you back in to my life. I can’t lose you. I was wrong. Please forgive me.

A Ra: Aron….

Aron: I know. I know it hard to suddenly take in so much. But I just want you back in my life. Even if it means being only your friend. I don’t mind. I know I’ve hurt you. I’m not asking you to give me an answer. I’m just here purely asking my best friend back.

A Ra: I can’t….

Aron: A Ra please…

A Ra: I can’t be your friend anymore.

Aron: If it’s something you don’t like about me. I could change.

A Ra: No. I don’think I could ever be your friend anymore.

Aron: A R---

//With that you smashed your lips on to his. Taking him by surprise. But as the minute tick by, he slowly melted in to the kiss. Hand finding your waist, pulling you closed to him. While the other reached for your neck to deepen the kiss even more. While your hands rested on his chest, scrunching his shirt. Breaking out of the kiss with heavy pant.//

//Chuckling//

Aron: I don’t think I could be just your friend anymore as well after this.

//Chuckling//

A Ra: I love you too idiot.

Related image