essence 01; yokai's first day of school

Blossom's Essence; apply closed - story starting!

• • •

essence 01; yokai's first day of school

Kitae closed his uniform jacket as he moved his arms a little to stretch it out. He hated clothes like these as it made it hard for wings to unfurl when he needed them since this material was quite thick even with the magical wing slits that he had put in them. He walked out to the main floor of his apartment as it was located right across from Yeoreum's bedroom window. Creepy to some, but to him, he was guarding and admiring her from afar. He could see that Yeoreum was already ready for school just reading a manga and eating alone on her bed. He walked back into his kitchen as he pulled out his bagels from the toaster just spreading plum jam from the shrine on them. He smiled as a large of a basket of gifts appeared on the counter in a light green smoke as he figured it was his family congratulating him from the demon realm for finding Yeoreum and laying claim on her has his green handkerchief was tied around her wrist. He opened up the basket just placing the toasted sunflower seeds on the counter and the wine bottles of sparkling plum water straight from the cellar of his family's home. His family was well known for the fruit sparkling waters back home. There were other gifts like designer clothes, money, and fresh ripe plums. Kitae put everything away just grabbing his backpack as he exited the apartment just heading down the street. He had a quick stop before going to the school but he saw Yeoreum in the passenger seat of a black sleek car, not usual white SUV that wasn't even parked in the connecting parking garage anymore. Kitae walked down the street as he ducked down an alleyway just walked to a back alley door as he opened it up just entering a small shop filled with different traditional elements you would see in the demon world of masks, weapons, crystals, different pouches, hanboks, books, herbs packets, and other items like this. He walked up to the counter. "Hello, I am here to pick up an order for Woo Kitae," Kitae said as he pulled out his wallet.

"Alright, I'll be right with you." The small black rabbit-eared male said as he turned to a girl as he handed her a package. "Thank you for shopping with us, Miss Baek." He said as Xiyeon nodded. 

"Always, these protection crystals are the amethyst ones?" Xiyeon could see Kitae out of the corner of her eyes as she turned to him. 

"They are." The shopkeeper replied. "Let me go look for your order." He turned to Kitae. 

"Surprise to see a bird out of the nest," Xiyeon noted as she looked at his uniform. "Why are you wearing that? And who are you after?" She asked as she knew that was Jaemin school's uniform as she was wearing the same one. 

"I've been out of the nest for decades." Kitae didn't even bother to look at her until she pressed more questions. He turned to her as he noticed her clothes. "Do not worry - I have no intentions of stealing your food. I am only after the plum." Kitae told her

"They all go to the same school. Jaemin told me." Xiyeon said 

"I don't care." Kitae said "Honestly, I only care about Yeoreum. I am not into befriending a y man-eater." He turned away from her, "Especially ones that run from their empire" 

"Seems like your brothers raised you traditionally." Xiyeon couldn't lie that stung a little as she knew that she couldn't do anything than him as his family was above her in the hierarchy, but she could tell he was no leader or a tengu that could take over anything unlike his other brothers in the tengu community. Tengu's called everyone their family but just had different branches. Xiyeon walked around him just looking back to the black wing pendant necklace being handed to Kitae as he placed it in a box. Xiyeon knew from this moment Kitae wouldn't end up eating Yeoreum. Once you give a piece of yourself to them then it is all over - she had learned it all too well, but maybe this was his tactic? All she knew was hardly ever tengu ate their blossom - they would steal weaker yokai's blossoms and eat them. If Kitae wasn't after Jaemin - would he steal someone else? She disappeared in a purple haze as she appeared in front of Jaemin's home as he was walking out of it. 

"What the ?!" He snapped as he marched over Xiyeon. 

"Hello," Xiyeon said as she opened up the box as the crystals disappeared just appearing around the house in a circle as the box disappeared in her arms. "I bought your home some protection crystals. No one can see them expect the undead and yokai." She said 

"You can't just pop up in front of my house?!" Jaemin said, "What if people see you?!" He snapped as he watched an expensive sports car pull up. 

"Get in. We are going to school." Xiyeon said 

"No. I am going with my friends." Jaemin pointed to Haechan and Renjun skating to them. 

Xiyeon narrowed her eyes. She would love it if Seohyun would make it rain right now. She watched as Jaemin walked over to his friends as she looked over to Jaemin. "Fine, I'll see you at school." Xiyeon got in the car as she crossed her arms. 

•••

Yeoreum entered the classroom as she watched Sangwoo nod at her as for once her desk wasn't pranked or covered in mean names. She sat down as she placed her backpack in her lap as she got her things out just as Sangwoo turned around to look at her. 

"You should thank Minjae. He was in here earlier to ask you about talismans and he cleaned up your desk." Sangwoo mentioned to her 

"Okay, thanks," Yeoreum said as she noticed a new desk next to her with brand new books on it. "Do we have a transfer student?" Yeoreum asked Sagnwoo and Minhyuk were copying and checking each other's homework. 

"I guess so." Minhyuk answered, "I hope it is a pretty girl." He said 

"We are having two. There's one in front of me too." Sangwo shook his head at Minhyuk's answer 

"Oh, perfect. Two pretty girls, one for me and one for you. Yeoreum want to trade desk?" Minhyuk asked 

"No." Yeoreum glared at him. as she stacked her books on her desk. She looked up to see Minjae waving at them as he was waving these little wing chime looking things as he entered. 

"Finally you arrived at school!" Minjae walked over to their desks. 

"Yeah, my brother Junseo drove me. We left a little late." Yeoreum said, "What are those?" She asked 

"They ward off evil. I found how to make it on the internet. I already gave everyone else theirs." Minjae strung the small trinket on the back of their chairs. 

"Why do they need that?" Minhyuk asked 

"Don't worry about it." Sangwoo looked at Minhyuk. "Thanks, Minjae." Sangwoo looked at him, "You should scram though before you get yelled at for being in the third room classroom." He added as Minjae nodded. 

"Okay, but Yeoreum - you're going to eat lunch with me and not hide out in your safe spots?" Minjae crossed his arms. 

"I already texted you that I would," Yeoreum said 

"I just wanted verbal confirmation," Minjae answered as he walked out. Minjae walked back to his classroom as he sighed as Haechan was sitting on his desk. "Excuse me, you're on my desk," Minjae said as he looked at Jaemin

"Chan, get off of his desk." Jaemin bowed his head at Minjae as a form of apology as he looked at Haechan. 

"Who was that girl from this morning?' Haechan asked 

"Just a friend," Jaemin said as he looked at them. He sighed as he looked at their faces. "She is really just a friend." He told them. He leaned on his elbow as he looked at his homework notebooks as he pulled out his pencil pouch just getting ready for the day as more students entered the classroom as he looked at Minjae as ghoul was leaning over both of them as Minjae sat right behind him. "Minjae..." Jaemin said 

"Yep, I know it is there. Just ignore it and it will go away. It can't get to us anyway." Minjae answered as their homeroom teacher walked into the classroom with two new students. 

"Everyone settle down." Sooyoung (SNSD) spoke as she clapped her hands. She set down her items as she motioned to Xiyeon and Hyejoo. "Everyone, we have two new friends joining us in our class. Why don't both of you introduce yourselves." Sooyoung said 

"I'm Xiyeon." She spoke as she flashed a bright smile. 

"I'm Hyejoo, it is nice to meet everyone." She bowed as she was eyeing the seat to Minjae's left as she side glanced Xiyeon. 

"You two can pick which two free seats you want," Sooyoung said as she was starting to take attendance. 

Hyejoo walked straight to the seat to Minjae's left as she sat down just smiling at him. She sat down just getting herself settled and ready for the class even though she really could care less about learning. 

Xiyeon sat down next to Jaemin just winking at him when no one was paying any attention to them as she leaned on her elbow just opening a notebook her had as she really didn't need this school part - she was only here for Jaemin. 

"Alright, everyone turns to page fifty-one and let's get started," Sooyoung said as she turned to the chalkboard. 

•••

Kihyun walked into the second year room just having Joon and Dongwoo follow behind him as he could see all their homework notebooks already on the front table as he walked to the podium at the front of the room. "Good morning everyone, we have some new students in our class. They will introduce themselves." Kihyun said 

Dongwoo gave a puppy like smile as he bowed to everyone. "Hi! I am Dongwoo, it is nice to meet everyone." He smiled as he nodded. 

Joon tilted his head as he looked at Somin then to everyone else but turned his gaze back to her. "Hello, I am Joon." He spoke as he didn't even wait for Kihyun to say anything. He walked to the desk right next to Somin just looking at her. "I guess we are desk mates." He slid into his chair just leaning back into the chair. 

"Lucky me," Somin said, rolling her eyes as she kept her eyes glued to the chalkboard. 

"I am glad you see it that way," Joon answered 

Dongwoo slid into the empty desk next to Nayoung as she stared at him. "Fancy meeting you here and ending up the same class." He said as he leaned on his hands just looking at her. 

"Leave me alone, class is starting. I get in enough trouble on my own." Nayoung said as she looked at what KIhyun was starting to write as she started to take notes. 

•••

Youngjae (GOT7) walked into the classroom as Seohyun and Kitae followed him in. "Hi, everyone please welcome to new students. Kitae and Seohyun. I'll let them introduce themselves to you." Youngjae motioned for them to step forward. 

Seohyun stepped out of the way to let Kitae go first as he gave her one look of back up.

Kitae kept his hands in his pockets as he half smirked. "Hello, I'm Woo Kitae." He bowed just walking back to the desk in front of Yeoreum's as he watched her surprised look as he smiled at her. 

Seohyun bowed as she smiled. "Hi, I am Seohyun. It is nice to meet everyone." She said as she walked to the desk in front of Sangwoo. 

Youngjae had written some pages and instructions on the chalkboard. "This morning will be self-study as exams are coming up. You have the rest of the morning to study for these areas until lunch, and then after lunch, you will study your afternoon study sessions." Youngjae said as he gathered up his materials. "I'll be in my office if you all need me." He picked up their homework notebooks. "Yeoreum, did your parent's sign that form I gave you?" Youngjae asked 

"My dad is coming at lunch to talk to you," Yeoruem replied 

"Okay, we can discuss it then," Youngjaee said as he left the classroom. 

Kitae looked back at Yeoreum as she opened up her books just starting to working on the things Youngjae had put on the board. Kitae could feel the other girls staring at him and whispering as he only softly tapped on Yeoreum's desk not to scare her. "Hi again." He said 

Yeoreum looked up as she waved with her hand. "Hi. You go to this school?" She asked 

"Yes, my parents transferred to new branches of their company and I have to go here, but I am not that upset about it since you're here," Kitae said as he smiled to her.  "Do you think that we could study together?" He asked 

Yeoreum looked down at her notes as she blushed as she looked back at him. "Sure, but I am not that good at studying or teaching someone." Yeoreum said as she looked at all the other girls giving her daggers, "Or you might not want to talk to me." 

Kitae smiled at her pink tinted cheeks as he shook his head. He frowned as he watched her look back down at her books as he looked around. "Why would I not want to talk to you?" He asked 

"The others will hate me and will start to mess with you too," Yeoreum said 

"I don't really care what others think and you shouldn't either. Now, let us study to make sure you pass your exams." Kitae said as he stood up just turning his desk around as he sat back down. "You're wearing the handkerchief I gave you." He added 

"Oh, do you want it back?" Yeoreum asked as Kitae shook his head. 

"No, I was just surprised that you are wearing like this," Kitae said 

"It has helped to keep those things away," Yeoreum whispered as she leaned in a little as she then leaned back. Yeoreum looked at Kitae as he nodded as he was copying her notes a bit as he would reach over and correct her mistakes. "You're really smart." She added 

"Oh, not really." He answered as he looked at her. "Just think of it as a good luck charm and a reminder that I am your friend." He said with a nod as she nodded as they started working on study questions. 

Seohyun envied Kitae as he could easily become friends and talk to his blossom as she was just studying on her on while watching Sangwoo out of the corner of her eye just sleeping while Minhyuk is doing his study questions and looking out for teachers for Sangwoo. Seohyun looked down at her book as she didn't even understand why she was doing these except for the fact she had looked like a real student. Maybe she could talk to him at lunch on the rooftop. 

•••

Joon let a pencil lean on his nose as he watched Somin almost already finished with the study packets that Kihyun had passed out to everyone as she had already marked up her books with the pages of questions that she needed to do as Kihyun had written a lot on the board. He was just going to copy them later when he showed up at her place and told her he'd be staying there now. He had no intention of hiding who he was, but at the same time still not saying anything about eating her though - he did have to get her to trust him. He opened one eye as he could see Dongwoo and Nayoung were studying together as Dongwoo was showing her how to do everything on the packets like a teacher would - Joon was surprised the dog could actually do this stuff. "Number three is wrong," Joon spoke to Somin as she turned around 

"How do you know? Have you been cheating off my stuff?" Somin snapped

"I can't cheat off you if I am not doing anything - but I have been watching you. You divided wrong.' Joon said as he kicked his legs up on his desk just leaning back. 

"Just leave me alone," Somin spoke as she shook her head. She set her things down as she grabbed her water bottle as she stood up just walking out of the classroom. She walked to the water fountain as she filled up her water bottle just turning around as she yelped and dropped her bottle as it rolled down the hallway. Somin was crouched down as a girl in a uniform was standing there with split open just smiling at her. 

"You smell good." The girl didn't even blink as she spoke

Joon stopped the water bottle with his foot as he picked it up. "Get lost," Joon told the girl as he stood in front Somin. 

"You're funny, little fox. What can you do to me?" The girl's fingers turned into claws and teeth all grew into sharp fangs. 

"Oh god, why is this happening? My mom said my trinket was supposed to protect me." Somin said 

He said to get lost. You're scaring everyone." Dongwoo stood in the doorway as Nayoung was standing next to him. Dongwoo waved his wrist as the girl went up in flames as she disappeared. "You guys okay?" He asked

"How did you do that?" Somin asked as Joon helped her up. 

"Family secret?" Dongwoo laughed as he entered the classroom as Joon sighed. 

"Stupid dog. Like anyone will believe that." Joon said as he looked at Somin. "We need to talk." He said to Somin.

"No, you need to stay away from me!" Somin snatched her water bottle from him as she entered the classroom. 

"No can do, princess," Joon answered as he followed her. He walked back to his desk as he sighed as he looked at the packets that he should probably do so that he looks like a student or at least won't get in trouble. 

•••

Dongwoo looked at Nayoung as she was working on her packets with Eunbi again after he had dealt with the spirit. He moved his desk closer as he looked at the pair of ladies. "So what are we working on?" He asked as both of looked at him. 

"Have you even started?" Eunbi asked as Dongwoo nodded. 

"I finished about five minutes ago. I am good at school." Dongwoo said Dongwoo was more or less only good at school because all of this was like second nature and for the fact he had been through high school a few times. "I can help you study." He said 

"I am okay with it if you are, Nayoungie," Eunbi said as she watched Nayoung turn to Donwoo. 

"Fine, only because you can raise my grades," Nayoung said as Dongwoo smiled. 

"Great, for starters you can finish this page and I'll check it then we can talk about why you got it wrong," Dongwoo said as he looked over to Joon who was sleeping as his pencil was still writing. Kitsunes and their allusions. 

"So where did you move from?" Eunbi asked, "You're kind of old." Eubi said 

"I am not that old. I got held back - troublemaker. I fought a lot in my old school." Dongwoo said as he looked at them. "The people my age and a little older viewed me as a sparing target and would pick on me." Dongwoo was not lieing as being a runt was not fun. All the older ookami's did pick on him and he fought a lot or more like defending himself. 

"Sounds like Nayoung. She's always picking fights." Eunbi said 

"I only pick fights for people who are messing with my friends and me. The bullies." Nayoung said as she glared at Eunbi. "They start it most of the time," Nayoung added 

"Yeah, but if you keep picking fights then you could get kicked out," Eunbi said as she looked at her. "You're only here for school. What if your parents find out and they send you back home?" Eunbi asked 

"They won't. They think something is coming for me at the farm that is why they sent me to the city so the monster won't get me." Nayoung said 

Dongwoo looked at the both of the girls as he was that monster. The thing that wanted Nayoung. He sighed. "Let me take those fights from now. You shouldn't upset your parents." He said to Nayoung 

"But what about yours?" Nayoung countered 

"They don't really care about me. They care more about my super-achieving brothers and sisters." Dongwoo said as he looked at her. Dongwoo couldn't really remember much about his parents but he was talking about his pack leaders. 

Nayoung heard the lunch bell ring as she stood up with Eunbi as she looked at Dongwoo. "Do you want to eat lunch with us?" She asked as she looked at Dongwoo. 

Dongwoo looked up at Nayoung like a dog would its owner. "Yeah, I would like that." He stood up holding his own lunch box that he had made himself this morning before school. "Can I ask my friend if he wants to tag along?" HE asked as he motioned to Joon. 

"Yeah, sure," Nayoung said 

"Joon, you want to come to eat with me?" Dongwoo asked 

Joon glanced over to Dongwoo as Somin was already walking to the cafeteria. "Sure. Can you buy it for me?" Joon asked as Dongwoo nodded, happily.  Joon followed behind Dongwoo as the other turned back to talk to him. 

"Can I borrow some fake money?" Dongwoo asked as Joon rolled his eyes. Dongwoo took the fake allusion bills as he watched Kitae strolling behind Yeoreum as she was walking to the first year room. "Even he is here," Dongwoo said 

"Yeah so is the of the realm." Joon moved out of the way as Xiyeon sneaker wedges marched through them after Jaemin and his friends. "Even the little mermaid exited the ocean." Joon walked next to Dongwoo as Seohyun disappeared up the stairs to the rooftop after Sangwoo. 

"Isn't Xiyeon like your cousin?" Dongwoo asked 

"Oh don't remind me that gumiho's are cousin to kitsunes. It is a disgrace to the breed." Joon answered as they caught up with Eunbi and Nayoung. "There is Somin. You bring me my food and get them to sit at the table I'm at. Say I saved us seats." Joon told Dongwoo as he nodded. Joon slipped and glided through the crowd as he pulled a chair out from across Somin as he sat down. "Thought you could get rid of me?" He asked Somin, who ignored him. 

•••

Yeoreum used two fingers to pulled Kitae behind her as he smiled down at her arm. "I promised my friend that I would eat with him today," Yeoreum said as she looked at Kitae. 

"Well look at that, you have two friends." Kitae teased as he made a light breeze around her ankles to whisp away little pesks trying to snip at her ankles. Kitae looked at where they were going as a first-year student came walking up to them. 

"Reumie-noona lets go to lunch. Oh, who is this?" Minjae asked

"This is my friend, Kitae. He's new. It is okay if he sits with us?" Yeoreum asked 

"Yeah, of course!" Minjae smiled 

"Uhm, is it okay if one more join?" Hyejoo said as she finally noticed Kitae as he smirked. Hyejoo turned her gaze away from them. "It is just I overheard you all talking and I don't know anyone." She said 

"I don't mind." Yeoreum said, "I am Yeoreum." She said 

"Hyejoo." Hyejoo studied the girl as she was clinging to Kitae's sleeve as Yeoreum hadn't let go. 

"I am Minjae and that is Kitae. Let's go before they run out of skewered meat. I'll buy you one, noona." Minjae waved to follow. 

"Do you want some kimbap. My mom packed extra." Yeoreum said as she was holding her lunch box with her extra hand. 

"I have toasted almonds and lettuce wraps," Kitae said 

"Bird food," Hyejoo whispered as she held her all fruits and veggies lunch box to her chest as she followed them. Hyejoo and many moon rabbits ate a strict diet but she would cheat every now and again.

"Shut up." Kitae glared at her, "Don't make me embarrass you - carrot ." Kitae gave Hyejoo a look as Hyejoo backed down as she walked closet to Minjae. 

"You three go find us a table," Minjae said as he got in line for lunch. 

Yeoreum clutched her lunch in her hands as she looked around. "I never eat in here. There are too many people." She said, "Everyone scares me." 

Kitae grabbed Yeoreum's hand. "I am here remember. There is no reason to be scared." Kitae said as he had found an empty the second he had walked in.  He guided them a table as he sat down as Yeoreum sat across from him. He watched as she opened up her lunch box as he started to open up his as well. "You must like rice cakes and dumplings," Kitae noted to himself as her lunchbox was full of them - one side spicy rice cakes and the other beef dumplings. 

"Plus kimbap." Yeoreum lifted her lunch box as she placed that in the center. "Please eat them." She said as she started to eat.

Hyejoo looked like she wanted to puke sitting next Yeoreum having to listen to Kitae's phony talk. Hyejoo grabbed a kimbap as she ate it as Minjae walked over his tray just sitting down beside Kitae. "Minjae, you mentioned something about a test soon?" Hyejoo asked 

"Yeah, college entrance exams for noona. She is the third year." Minjae said, "Have you decided whether to take them?" Minjae asked Yeoreum

"Yes, I am taking them. I want to get into the art department for graphic arts and be a manhwa artist or work on the animation." Yeoreum said with a nod

"Those are important?" Hyejoo asked 

"Of course, stupid." Kitae placed a few almonds in his mouth as Hyejoo stuffed a forkful of honeydew in . "You'll do great." He added 

"Of course, she will. Noona is really smart!" Minjae smiled at Yeoreum. "Is your brother taking you home? I was thinking about going to a cafe." Minjae asked Yeoreum, "You guys can come too!" 

"That sounds fun," Kitae answered as he peered at Hyejoo

"I'll come. It isn't like I have anything more important to do." Heyjoo nodded at them. 

"Should we invite the others?" Minjae asked 

"No!" Kitae and Hyejoo said the same time. "I mean, a smaller group is always better," Kitae said as he really didn't want to hang out with a large group.

"Ok, maybe we all can go to the fair this weekend?" Minjae looked at Yeoreum. 

"I really don't like those," Yeoreum mumbled 

"Stop being such a baby and scaredy-cat!" Minjae sighed "You tell her that the fair isn't scary!" Minjae looked at Hyejoo and Kitae

"I am sorry but the last time I went, a big black bird tried to attack me!" Yeoreum snapped at Minjae "I had to stay in the hospital overnight because they were afraid the thing gave me rabies!" She stuffed some rice cakes in

"Birds sure are scary, but I promise that there are far much scarier things. You can't lock yourself up and miss out on experiencing things." Hyejoo looked at Yeoreum. "Besides you have Kitae and us to protect you." She added 

"If I ran from everything that attacked me then I wouldn't be here. My parents would have locked me up and homeschooled me." Minjae looked at Yeoreum. 

"Fine, I'll go." Yeoreum sighed 

Xiyeon walked up to their table as she carrying a tray. "Have you all seen Jaemin?" She asked as she directed her question to Minjae. 

"Nope, I went straight to Reumie's classroom when lunch started." Minjae said "You could go check outside, but you wouldn't be able to eat. We can take trays outside." Minjae said as he watched Xiyeon shove Hyejoo over just pushing her lunch box to the side as Hyejoo didn't even do anything. "Hey, that wasn't nice," Minjae said

"Hyejoo doesn't mind," Xiyeon said as she looked at Yeoreum. "You're actually prettier than I imagined. There is going to be trouble around you." Xiyeon commented 

"Uhm, thanks?" Yeoreum said 

"Leave her alone," Kitae said to Xiyeon. "She doesn't want to become apart of Xiyeon's house." He added, stealing one of Yeoreum's dumplings. 

"Oh don't test me, parrot. I'll end you.' Xiyeon pointed her chopsticks at him. 

Kitae kept a straight face. "Oh. I am scared. What are you going to do catfish me?" Kitae sipped on his water bottle

"Can you two please stop," Yeoreum mumbled as she had stuffed a couple dumplings in during their bickering. 

"Sorry, h-Yeoreumie." Kitae slipped as Xiyeon and Hyejoo chuckled. 
 

•••

Dongwoo walked over to Joon who was sitting across from Somin as she was glaring at them. "Here." Dongwoo set down Joon's tray as the other nodded a thank you. Dongwoo walked back to Nayoung and Eunbi as he sat down. He picked up his chopsticks as he started to eat. "So what are you two talking about?" Dongwoo asked 

"We were thinking about going to the mall," Eunbi said as she ate part of her sandwich. 

"That sounds fun. I could go and we could eat. I'll buy." Dongwoo said as he looked at them. "Plus if you want anything then I can get it. I mean like well if it isn't too expensive." Dongwoo said 

Nayoung gave him a look as he only looked at her with a puppy like a smile as he ate his lunch. She ate her lunch that she had made herself just eating a sausage that was cut up into slices and dumped on top of spicy ramen. "Sure, you can come," Nayoung said as Eunbi had kicked her underneath her chair. 

"Great," Dongwoo said as he looked at them. Dongwoo looked out of the window as he could see the spirits watching them from outside as he shook his head. He knew that Nayoung could see them as she hadn't looked outside just staring at her food or Eunbi. "Also maybe I can invite some friends? They don't go to our school, but they live in our building." Dongwoo said 

"Are they our age?" Nayoung asked 

"Just a bit older." Dongwoo said, "But, they are really cool." He added

"Sure, why not." Nayoung shrugged as she looked at him. "Now shut up and let us eat." She added as she stuffed some noodles in . 

•••

Seohyun walked up the steps to the roof was she munching on the fish cakes that she had in her lunch box as she pushed open the door to the roof. She could see Sangwoo laying out on the roof just having a closed lunch box and his phone next to him as he had his eyes closed. She took small and careful steps as she approached him. 

"Who is that?" Sangwoo asked as he hoped that it was not a teacher catching him napping on the roof.

"Hi. I'm Seohyun. I am one of the new classmates in your class. I like sitting on the roof during lunch." She said as she watched Sangwoo sit up She moved to sit next to him as she munch on another fish cake. "You don't mind?' She asked 

"You're already sitting down," Sangwoo said as he looked at her "Sangwoo." He yawned as he looked at his phone just texting MInhyuk that he would be down before lunch ended. He looked at Seohyun as she had placed her lunch box in her lap as she was eating. "Why did you transfer in the middle of the year and especially to our small rundown school?" He asked 

"It was the only one that I could transfer to. Plus I have an important reason for being here. I have to protect someone." Seohyun said, honestly. She wasn't like the others. She was fine where she was. She only wanted to see Sangwoo safe. Seohyun flicked a stream of water at some spirit creatures crawling towards them. "I hate those pests. They can get really annoying when they come in swarms. Luckily it was just a couple of them." Seohyun added 

"You can see them," Sangwoo said as she nodded. "The person who you have to protect - they are like me?" He asked 

"The person I need to protect is you." Seohyun corrected him. "I am sorry that this is direct of me, but I need you to know. I am normal and neither are you. Demons will want your life for power, and I am going to protect you. Granted, I am one of the monsters that want to eat you - but don't worry I don't want to." Seohyun ate a kelp cookie. 

"Have you lost your mind?" Sangwoo asked 

"No." Seohyun answered, "Don't you know what you are?" She asked 

"A freak who sees dead things." Sangwoo shook his head 

"More like a food source for demons." Seohyun sighed to herself. "You don't have to believe me right now, but just know - I am here if you need someone," Seohyun said as she stood up just walking off. 

Sangwoo watched her leave as he looked at the time just grabbing his lunch box as he hurried down the stairs not seeing Seohyun just a small puddle of water at the bottom of the stairs. He hurried to their classroom just sliding in his seat as second study sessions were starting. Sangwoo stared at Kitae moving his desk right next Yeoreum's. Was he like Seohyun? Sangwoo looked at Seohyun working in her textbook as she smiled at him as he quickly looked away. Sangwoo opened up his notebook as he started to work on where he had left off of when lunch had started. 

Author's note: Hi guys, here is the first chapter. I hope that you guys like it!