♥ Merry Christmas

All ChanSoo (drabbles & fic fest works)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CuLZ5Q3VMAEIZ03.jpg

 

 

 

The first time Kyungsoo had discovered that he was born with a secret power was quite a shock. He was thirteen back then and caused the refrigerator to topple over as he kicked it in anger over the annoying buzzing sound it made. Scared that his mother would punish him for breaking it, his jaw dropped when she opened up and told him about the power he was born with.

It was weird to know that there was something inside him that made him different from other people but not even a year after his mother had told him about his power, Kyungsoo found out that he was not the only one with such a hidden talent. Entering a new school Kyungsoo befriended Jongdae, a bubbly boy with the power of creating thunder and lightning.

It was good to have someone who knew about the troubles of being different and how hard it was to control and hide the power. And it was even better to have someone who had friends just like him. With Jongdae came along Minseok and Chanyeol, the holders of the powers ice and fire.

Kyungsoo couldn't believe how lucky he was when he met Jongdae, not only because he found friends for life but also because he found the love of his life. While lightning and ice grew close to him as best friends, fire burned its way into his heart at a speeding pace, completely capturing it.

Kyungsoo had never believed in love at first sight and for sure not in true love that lasted a lifetime since his parents got divorced when he was ten but Chanyeol proved him wrong. After falling for the redhead in just a blink of an eye, Kyungsoo couldn't believe how fast the years, together with Chanyeol, were passing by.

The last year of middle school and all the years of high school were years Chanyeol and he spent a lot of time together, seeing each other every day even on the weekends and holidays. The very first hardship of their relationship they had to face when they graduated and went to college. While Chanyeol signed in to become an architect, Kyungsoo studied health economics. Going to different universities and living in dorms that were quite far away from each other meant their daily interactions were cut down to seeing one another once a week.

What started with just missing each other dearly at first soon brought along the fear of might losing the other to someone else or falling out of love from the distance that suddenly lay between them. Kyungsoo spent a lot of nights laying awake, battling the tears fear and jealousy brought to him.

During the years of college Kyungsoo wasn't sure if they would made it but they did. Right after getting their masters, finishing college and starting working in regular jobs they moved in together, making a cozy apartment their home.  

What Kyungsoo didn't know back then was that Chanyeol was already working on their permanent home, a beautiful small single family house with a small garden located in a quiet neighborhood Kyungsoo got surprised with it on their 10 years anniversary.

Three years had passed since that anniversary and Kyungsoo was as happy as ever, loving the house and Chanyeol more with each passing day.

"Babe?"

At the deep voice coming from the hallway Kyungsoo smiled, looking up from the book he was reading. "Living room," he called out and waited for Chanyeol to appear. When the man finally did, Kyungsoo's smile turned into a concerned frown. "Oh, what's with you?" He stood up from the couch and went over to the taller, lifting his hand to touch his flushed cheek. "Do you have a fever?"

"I guess," Yeol breathed out, closing his eyes. "I feel like ."

"You should go and take a nap," Soo suggested.

Chanyeol made a sound while nodding. "I don't even know where I got it from," he mumbled.

"Well, I guess you shouldn't have spent that much time outside with Minseok yesterday."

"It wasn't that much time."

"You guys were out there for over two hours, you could've come inside to talk and not standing there in the middle of the street."

"Minseok didn't seem to freeze at all and he only wore a shirt."

"Seriously?" Kyungsoo asked, raising a brow. "Yeol please, Minseok's literally Jack Frost, of course he does not freeze."

The tall man left out a sigh. "Well, yeah. I guess it's mine own fault then."

"It is," Kyungsoo said, giving a smile. "Now, come on, go to bed. I'll cook some soup in the time you nap."

Chanyeol nodded and Kyungsoo chuckled in amusement when his tall boyfriend shuffled out of the room and towards the staircase, looking like an overgrown baby. Once the man was out of sight, Kyungsoo made his way to the kitchen and started to prepare a healthy soup.

When the soup was done around an hour later, Chanyeol was deep asleep and Kyungsoo decided not to wake him up and let him sleep instead. Filling some of the still hot soup into a small pot, he grabbed his jacket and left the house, walking over to the house of their best friends that was right on the other side of the quiet street.

Jongdae opened the door for him after Soo had rang the bell, welcoming him with a warm smile. "Hey."

"Hey," Kyungsoo greeted back. "Here, I brought some soup for you," he said as he stepped into the warm house.

"Soup?" Jongdae asked as he took the pot and carried to the kitchen. "You never make soup," he hummed, as he threw a look at Kyungsoo over his shoulder. "Unless Yeol is sick."

Kyungsoo chuckled. "Yeah, now guess what?"

"Oh no, really? He's sick?"

"Who's sick?" Minseok's voice asked and Jongdae and Kyungsoo turned towards the kitchen door as the other appeared in the doorway.

"Yeol is sick," Soo answered. "He's suffering a fever."

Minseok made a sound. "Ah, that's bad. Right before Christmas. It's because of yesterday, huh?"

"I guess," Soo nodded. "Well, he's sleeping right now, we'll see how he feels later."

Jongdae hummed softly. "If he won't feel better by tomorrow we better cancel our dinner, huh?"

Every year the two couples spent Christmas Eve together, spending the day with going to the movies and having a nice dinner later the evening. But with Chanyeol being sick these plans were in danger this time because a sick Chanyeol was walking danger himself.

Kyungsoo sighed. "Yeah, would be better."

Minseok laughed out at the comment. "He'll be so sad, he's such a baby when it comes to Christmas."

Jongdae and Kyungsoo chuckled, nodding their heads. Chanyeol really loved Christmas, literally turning into a kid over the holidays every year again. "Like I said, we'll see how he feels later."

"Yeah," Jongdae said. "Just gives us a quick call."

"I will," Soo smiled. "Enjoy the soup."

"We will, your soups are always amazing," Minseok said. "A shame you only make them when someone's sick."

Kyungsoo laughed out at the comment. "Well, if you like them so much I'll make some every now and then from now on."

"Don't spoil my husband too much, he'll get used to it."

"Well, at least I get spoiled by someone," Minseok countered Jongdae's comment. "You don't do that."

"You better be nice to me Mr. Kim or Santa will keep all your presents."

Kyungsoo gave his friends a look. "You two are really weird."

"As if you and Yeol would be any better," Dae mocked.

"We're definitely not as weird as you are."

"Yeah, yeah, I'll just let you believe that. Now hurry and take a look at your giant baby."

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes at the comment but also chuckled. "Alright, I'll call you," he waved at the married couple and left the house, making his way back home. As he stepped into the hallway he directly walked into Chanyeol, who shuffled towards the kitchen, wrapped into a blanket.

Kyungsoo sighed at the sight of his boyfriend. Even from where he was standing he could feel the heat that was coming from Chanyeol's body and it told him that the fever got worse. "Yeol?"

Chanyeol stopped in his tracks and turned to where Kyungsoo's voice was coming from, looking at him. "Oh, hey," he said.

"How are you feeling?"

The tall man let out a hum. "I'm hot and cold at the same time if that even makes sense and I can feel my nose getting clogged." Right after the words had slipped past his lips Chanyeol sneezed, causing an uncontrolled flame to escape him. "Oh, I'm sorry," he apologized.

Kyungsoo gifted his boyfriend a smile, slowly stepping towards him when he was sure that Chanyeol wouldn't have to sneeze again. He cupped Yeol's face and caressed his cheeks with his thumb. "I think we should cancel all our Christmas plans," he said.

"No," Chanyeol whined, pursing his lips into a pout. "No, I'll be okay by tomorrow."

"I don't think so, your fever got even worse in the past hour. I'm pretty sure you won't feel any better by tomorrow."

"I will!"

Kyungsoo laughed out at the frowny pout. "Okay, let's make a deal. If you feel better and your fever has sunk down, I won't cancel on Minseok and Jongdae. But if you still burn like this, I will call them and you'll spend Christmas in bed."

"Okay," Yeol nodded. "Deal."

 

 


 

 

Kyungsoo was really surprised to see that Chanyeol's fever had disappeared over the night but it didn't surprise him at all that it was replaced by a snotty nose; a really snotty nose.

Chanyeol's nose was bright red and constantly running, what had him sneezing a lot throughout the entire day.

"Babe, do we have more tissues?"

"No, but Dae will bring some over in a few," Soo answered from where he was juggling with their big Christmas tree. They had the tradition to put it up and decorate the tree a day before Christmas so they could start into the actual holidays with peace, calm and relaxed.

Blowing his nose with a colorful Christmas napkin he had found in the kitchen, Chanyeol stepped into the living room. "Do you need help?"

"Did I ever need your help with things like that?" Soo asked, holding up the almost seven foot big fir with one hand.

Chanyeol chuckled to himself, watching as the smaller built up their tree, making sure it stood straight in its stand. "It looks much better than the one we had last year," he stated.

Nodding, Kyungsoo moved backwards to take a look at the tree. "Yeah, it's much fuller than the last one. We probably need both fairy lights for this one."

"Shall I get the boxes down?"

"Yes please," Soo nodded, smiling at the taller. "Do we want to have lunch when you come back down? I'm a little hungry."

"Yeah sure, why not," Yeol nodded, then turning away to make his way to the attic to fetch their Christmas tree decorations. As he came back down a knock on the front door demanded attention. He dropped the big box to the floor and went to open the door.

"Well, hello there Rudolph. How are you doing?"

"Oh, you."

"Ah, ah, ah, be nice, I got you your needed tissues," Jongdae stuck out his tongue, waving an extra big package of tissues at his tall friend.

Groaning, Chanyeol snatched the pack away from the older. "Yeah, yeah, thank you," he said. "What do I owe you?"

"See it was your Christmas gift."

"Oh, how genero-" his words got cut off as an unexpected sneeze escaped Chanyeol. He tried to cover his mouth to prevent it but he couldn't catch the little spark that formed in the back of his throat, gasping as it hit Jongdae, setting a strand of his hair on fire.

Jongdae cried out, slapping his hands over the smoking spot on his head. "Chanyeol!"

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry!"

The crying lured Kyungsoo out of the kitchen. With the wooden spoon in his hand he hurried to the hallway. "What's wrong?"

"Your pet dragon set my hair on fire," Dae whined, pulling his hands away to reveal the burned strand of hairs.

Kyungsoo gasped at the rather large burned off spot, covering his mouth in shock. "Yeol."

The tall man whined. "I didn't mean to, it just happened."

"Do I look bad?" Dae asked.

Chanyeol stepped aside to make room for Jongdae to look at himself in the mirror, biting down his lip as his friend let out a desperate cry. "I'm really sorry, Dae."

"I look like a-" Jongdae breathed out, touching his hair. "What am I supposed to do with that? It's so short!"

 Kyungsoo squinted at his boyfriend, sighing as he saw that Chanyeol was close to tears, The tall man looked like a scolded kid, hugging the package of tissues as if it would be a teddy bear. "Dae, I think a good hairdresser can fix it," he said, trying to lift the mood.

Jongdae let out a hum. "Do you know a good one?"

"Yeah," Soo nodded. "Let me get you their card."

The guilty pout on Chanyeol's face didn't disappear, only changed into a sad one when Jongdae left the house after Kyungsoo had given him the business card of a nearby hair salon. "Oh Yeol, come one stop pouting."

Chanyeol sighed, sniffing a little. "I really didn't mean to."

"I know," Soo smiled. "And Dae knows, too. He's just a little shocked at the moment. Now, come on, let's eat something."

The curry Kyungsoo had made was able to lift Chanyeol's mood and cheer him up and once their stomachs were filled, the couple made its way to the living room to start decorating their Christmas tree.

Like every year the first thing they had to do was battling the fairy lights. They both had no idea why but somehow the fairy lights never came out of their box as clean and orderly as they had put them into the year before.

And while Chanyeol sat on the floor, fiddling with the giant knot of warm glowing lights, Kyungsoo unpacked the baubles. "Next year we should get new ones," he uttered as he inspected the red and golden glass balls. "Don't you think?"

"Why?" Yeol asked. "Don't you like them anymore."

"I do like them but I think we should switch to another color."

Chanyeol hummed softly. "Anything in mind?"

"I've seen some transparent ones. They had snowflakes in it and combined with some light blue ones I guess it could look quite good."

"Well, then we should try it for next yea-" Kyungsoo's eyes widened in panic as his boyfriends voice hitched. He squeezed his eyes shut but opened them again when the sneeze he expected didn't come. "Oh god, I thought you had to sneeze," he breathed out.

"Yeah, me too," Yeol chuckled. "But seems to be false a-achoo!"

Kyungsoo had the chance to jump aside as a rather big fire ball escaped the red-heads throat but the tree didn't. Its branches caught the blaze and in just a couple of seconds the tree was burning, brightly.

In shock Chanyeol just stared at the flames, not moving at all. Only when Kyungsoo yelled his name, he snapped back to reality. Dropping the fairy lights he reached for the flames, collecting them. Holding a little swirling fire ball in his palm he looked at the burned branches of the Christmas tree, breaking into tears.

Kyungsoo broke into laughter as Chanyeol looked at him, bawling. Big tears rolled down his rosy cheeks and his already snotty nose began to run even more. "Hey," he said, trying to control his chuckle. He walked around the tree and sunk down next to his boyfriend. "Don't cry."

"I b-burned the tree."

"It's okay, you couldn't help it."

"It looks so ugly now."

"Oh god, you're such a kid sometimes."

"We need a new one."

"We don't," Soo said, shaking his head. "We'll just turned it so the burned side will face the wall."

"R-really?" Yeol asked, blinking his teary eyes.

"Really," the younger laughed. "And now stop crying and put this out, okay?" He pointed at the ball of fire Chanyeol was still holding onto and watched as it got smaller until it eventually disappeared.

Chanyeol sighed loudly as he dropped his hands into his lap, looking at the slightly smoking, black burned branches of the fir tree.

Kyungsoo snickered at the face the taller was making and leaned forwards to press a comforting kiss to the corner of his mouth.

Turning his head, Chanyeol leaned in for another kiss but Kyungsoo leaned back, shaking his head at him. "Blow your nose first."

Chanyeol whined but nevertheless reached into the pocket of his sweatpants to pull out a tissue. Once he had blown his nose and wiped it clean, Kyungsoo cupped his cheeks and pulled him into a loving kiss. "One more."

Kyungsoo chuckled as the taller puckered his lips but quickly granted Yeol's wish and pecked his lips once again. "Okay, enough now, let's finish the tree."

Grumbling in disapproval Chanyeol sat back and reached for the fairy lights again.

"The sooner we finish decorating, the sooner we can go back to what we just stopped."

Chanyeol caught the teasing smirk on the smaller's lips and raised a brow. "Back to this or back to something else."

"Well," Soo hummed. "Depends on how fast you can untie the lights," he said, laughing as Chanyeol started to fiddle with the knotted light chain as if his life depended on it.

 

 

 


 

 

 


They met with Minseok and Jongdae for brunch, deciding to cancel their plan of going to the movie since Chanyeol was still sick and uncontrollable sneezing every now and then. As good as the reviews for the film were, Chanyeol setting the cinema on fire by accident wasn't worth it.

As Kyungsoo opened the door for his friends he had to bite back at a laugh at Jongdae's new haircut. Jongdae frowned, pointing his finger at him. "Don't you dare to say something."

"W-what happened?" Soo asked, really trying not to laugh at the short trimmed bangs.

"Well, I'm not sure if you've ever been to that hair salon before or if you've really given me the right card but this shop is the public looney bin. I got my hair cut by someone who looked like a rebellious teenager with way too many piercings."

Kyungsoo frowned in confusion. "Wait, did you call them to get an appointment?"

"I did but they told me to come over without one."

"But you went to the mall, right?"

"Sure."

"And you went to the shop on the ground floor next to the stationery shop, yeah?"

"Yes, I went to th-wait no," Jongdae said. "There was no stationery shop, only a bookstore."

"Well, I guess you then went to the wrong shop my love," Minseok snickered, shaking his head in amusement. He pushed past his husband and stepped into the house, giving Kyungsoo a hug. "Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas," Soo smiled as they pulled back.

"How's Yeol?"

"He's upstairs, pretending to be busy with something but I'm not so sure about this," Kyungsoo laughed. "I'm sure he's afraid to face Dae after what has happened yesterday."

"Aw, no," Jongdae whined. "I didn't mean to be harsh in any way. I was just shocked. I know he didn't mean to." Stepping into the hallway and closing the door behind him, Jongdae dropped the bag he was holding onto the floor. "Yeol," he called out. "I didn't mean to upset you, don't hide."

Somewhere on the upper floor a door opened after the words and Chanyeol's voice sounded up. "I'm not hiding," he said. "W-well, maybe a little but I have to do something. I'll be there in a second."

"Is he really doing something or is he just mentally preparing himself to come down?"

"Who knows," Soo chuckled, shrugging. "Come on, let's go to the living room."

"Hallelujah," Minseok whistled at the sight of the Christmas tree. "That's a huge one."

"It's enormous," Dae added. "It's bigger than the one from last year, right?"

Kyungsoo nodded at the question. "Yeah, it's nearly seven foot tall."

Eyeing the tree top, Jongdae's lips curled into a smirk. "Did Yeol put the star on top or did he lift you up like last year?"

Minseok chuckled at the teasing of his husband but his voice got caught in the back of his throat as he spotted the burned backside of the fir. "Let's not talk about last year, damn, what happened to it?"

Kyungsoo sighed loudly. "Yeol had to sneeze. The fireball was huge."

"Oh man, I'm really not sure who of us is the most dangerous when sick," Minseok said.

"Jongdae for sure!"

Jongdae gasped as his name was mentioned and spun around to face Chanyeol, who stood in the doorway with his hands in the pockets of his jeans. "Excuse me," he said, making a dramatically hand motion. "You're the living flamethrower here!"

"I might can burn people but your electroshocks can kill them on spot."

"At least they're dead then, on spot. You burn them alive, you monster."

Kyungsoo and Minseok palmed their faces, breathing in as their significant other's glared at each other, slowly releasing their powers. Chanyeol's body heating up caused a heat haze that made the air shimmer and Jongdae balling his hands into fists caused the lights to flicker from the excess of energy.

"These two," Minseok uttered under his breath. "Alright, calm down now," he said, shooting an icy blast at the two quarreling friends. "Especially you," he squinted at Chanyeol. "If you have to sneeze right now, we're ed."

Chanyeol lowered his head a little, gazing to the floor as he nodded. He knew that Minseok was right. He took a deep breath and exhaled to calm down, bringing down his body temperature.

"Good and now apologize."

Jongdae gasped as his husband looked at him. "Why me first?!"

"You're the older one."

"So what?!"

Minseok frowned. "You called him a monster."

"I d-" Jongdae bit his lip. "Okay, I'm sorry."

"Me too," Yeol said back.

"Give each other a hug."

"Minseok please, you treat us like babies right now," Dae groaned and Chanyeol nodded in agreement.

"You act like babies, though," Kyungsoo threw in. "So, go ahead."

Rolling their eyes at their partners Chanyeol and Jongdae went in for a hug, embracing each other. "Don't dare to pet my head," Dae mumbled against Chanyeol's chest in a warning tone as the taller lifted his hand.

"Sorry," Yeol mumbled, placing his hand on his smaller's shoulder instead, giving it a squeeze. "Can't help it with all you dwarfs around."

"Oh you," Dae grumbled, pinching Chanyeol's side.

"Alright, enough now," Kyungsoo said, clapping his hands together. "Let's go and eat now,
I'm starving."

The rest of the day was accompanied by a lot of laughter and one risky moment when Chanyeol had to sneeze while holding a roll of paper towels in his hands that immediately burned to ashes as it was hit by his fiery breath.

As the evening rolled by and all the dinner was eating the friends exchanged presents, laughing over the pocket sized fire extinguisher the Kim's got Kyungsoo for emergencies. Next to this gifts such as books, clothes and other things were unwrapped with happy, excited smiles.

"Ah, Yeol, really," Minseok sighed as he leaned into the couch with a glass of wine in his hand. "I really thought this year would be the year and you'd finally propose."

As Chanyeol rolled his eyes Kyungsoo laughed out. He pressed a kiss to Yeol's clothered shoulder, gently petting his thigh.

"Yeah, Yeol come on," Jongdae said. "It's been thirteen years already, time to get married."

Chanyeol made a sound. "Maybe I like things to go slow."

Jongdae raised a brow. "Slow? What are you a sloth?"

Kyungsoo chuckled quietly. Minseok and Jongdae commented a lot on him and Chanyeol not getting married, mocking Chanyeol for not finally asking Kyungsoo to marry him but Soo didn't mind at all. Sure he would say yes, would really like to call Chanyeol his husband but it wasn't a must. They had talked about marriage before and Kyungsoo knew that Chanyeol wanted to marry him one day and so he was patiently waiting for the moment he could answer his question with yes; even it would take another couple of years.

 

 

 

 

Later the night when the Kim couple had gone home Kyungsoo lay in Chanyeol's arms, listening to his heartbeat. "It's late, we should go to bed don't you think?"

Chanyeol hummed, making his chest vibrate a little. "What time is it?"

"Almost two, Minseok and Dae have left almost two hours ago."

"Yeah, we really should go to bed."

Getting up, Kyungsoo reached for the wine glasses that stood on the table. "No, let me do it," Yeol stopped him. "Go ahead, I'll be right there."

Giving the taller a smile, Kyungsoo left the living room and went upstairs. He head straight for the bathroom and changed into his sleeping clothes. With his toothbrush stuck between his lips he went to fetch the bottle of lotion that set on the bedside table, stopping as he spotted a little black box sitting on his pillow.

After eyeing the box for a second he turned towards the door, removing his toothbrush from his mouth as he moved back to the bathroom. "Yeol?"

"Yeah," came from upstairs.

"What's with that little present on my pillow?"

"What?!"

Spitting out the toothpaste and quickly rinsing his mouth, Soo skipped over to the bedroom door. "What's with the black gift box on my pillow?"

"What?!"

Clicking his tongue the young man turned back into the room, walking back to the bed. He sat down and reached for the box. It had a white ribbon tied round and Soo had to laugh at the small burn hole one of the ends had. Removing the white band he opened the box, gasping at the couple of silver rings that laughed at him. "No."

"Yes," came from the door.

Kyungsoo whipped his head around to look at Chanyeol who slowly stepped into the room with a soft smile on his lips.  "Really?"

"Well, if you want to," Chanyeol nodded, chuckling a little. He dropped down to one knee, taking Kyungsoo's hand in his. "Will you marry me, Kyungsoo? Even after all the years I've made you waiting?"

"Of course," Kyungsoo smiled, grabbing Chanyeol's face to pull him into a kiss. "Of course I want to marry you," he said after pulling away.

"That's good to hear," Yeol joked.

"So this was what you're preparing earlier the day?" Kyungsoo asked. "I noticed the burn hole," he added with a snicker.

Chanyeol sighed. "I burned the first two ones, I'm glad this one survived. Ah, and speaking of me bruning stuff, I need to get a tissue."

Shaking his head in amusement Kyungsoo watched Chanyeol skipping to the bathroom and then looked down at the box that sat in his lap. He pulled the smaller of the rings out and gifted it a closer look, smiling brightly. "Oh, what is this?" He asked as Chanyeol was back.

"This, my love," Yeol started, taking the ring away from Kyungsoo to slip it onto his finger. "Is a soundwave ring."

"Soundwave?" Soo asked. "What does it say? Do they say the same thing?"

"Well, yes kind of," Yeol chuckled. "Do you remember the very first voice messages we've sent each other?"

Kyungsoo's heart skipped a beat, of course remembering the very first voice message he had gotten from Chanyeol and what he had sent in response. "God, you're so adorable," he smiled, leaning in for a kiss. "How comes you still have those after all these years?"

"Well," Yeol chuckled. "The moment I've got your reply I knew I was going to marry you one day, so I kept them to make them a part of our lives."

"Oh yeah?"

"Yes," the tall man grinned.

Laughing at Yeol's grin, Kyungsoo reached for the taller's ring and slipped it onto his finger, tracing the silver band with the tip of his finger. "So, I know can call you my fiancee, huh? Sounds nice."

"It does, but I can't for the day you finally be a Park."

"A Park?" Soo asked, raising a brow. "Why don't you become a Do?"

Yeol hummed, smiling softly. "You will probably kill him for that but Jongdae once sent me a picture of a page of your diary. And I have to say that your skibbled hearts with our names were quite cute. And as far as I can remember you wrote Park Kyungsoo in one of the hearts and not Do Chanyeol."

"You're right," Soo after a moment of silence uttered. "I'm going to kill him. He really read my diary?! What a ."

"We should thank him though, I only dared to send you that voice message after he's sent me the picture."

Kyungsoo sighed loudly. "No," he shook his head. "No, he read my diary, I'm not going to thank him. But you know what we should do?"

"Hm?"

"We should send Minseok and him a picture of this," Soo smiled, lifting up the hand his engagement ring now sat on.

They got a response to the sent photo not even five minutes later in form of Jongdae knocking onto the front door, jumping at his friends as soon as they opened the door for him and Minseok. "Are you crazy?" Kyungsoo laughed as he was pulled into a bone crushing hug.

"A simple text reply would've done as well."

"Bull," Dae said, shaking his head. "We waited so long for this moment to happen, we have to celebrate that."

Just as Kyungsoo himself, the Kim couple were already in their sleeping clothes and Chanyeol and Kyungsoo were sure that it wasn't Minseok's idea to come over again. Yet the older was holding a bottle of champagne in his hand, smiling at his friends. "Congratulations."

"So, when's the wedding?"

"Jongdae," Minseok laughed. "They just got engaged. Calm down a little."

"I can't," Dae said. "I'm so excited. Finally! I've been waiting for this for years."

Kyungsoo and Chanyeol looked at each other, smiling. "Well," Yeol then voiced out. "Since you're here now and since you've brought champagne I should get the glasses, huh?"

"Make it big ones," Dae shouted after him as he and Minseok followed Kyungsoo to the living room.

Minseok opened the bottle with the cork loudly popping, pouring the four glasses with the sparkling wine. "On your future," the oldest smiled, raising his glass.

"Yeah, and don't make us wait for another thirteen years," Jongdae added.

"Oh shut your mouth, will you," Minseok clicked his tongue. "Cheers."

The friends clinked glasses, taking a sip of the champagne.

Leaning his against his husband, Jongdae hummed as he watched his best friends lovingly smiling at each other. "I have to say, this is truly a merry Christmas."

"I think so too," Kyungsoo whispered as Chanyeol leaned down for a kiss. "I love you."