Chapter 3

Flower's Daydream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Hyukjae spent a few more days in bed in that room. Heechul was there most of the time but when he wasn’t Ryeowook had been there to take care and watch over Hyukjae. It was hard for Hyukjae to communicate with the servant, but somehow, they managed. They got along so well that they became friends. At some point the found a way to communicate. It was difficult but they managed. Others wouldn’t understand them if they were in their situation but it worked because it’s Hyukjae and Ryeowook. When Heechul ate Ryeowook would be looking over Hyukjae because Heechul would not eat if he was with Hyukjae. Even when his younger brother was eating.

All those days Donghae didn’t even get close to the room the blind boy resided in. He really wanted to see him but he was scared the other would collapse again. Through the books he found out a lot about different myths. The others ability being one of those. The whole existence of the boy was a myth.

The myth speaks about a person who could see the true self of a person represented as flowers, just like Heechul said Hyukjae could. However, what the myth didn’t speak about was a perfectly normal man suddenly jumping right into the other’s mind- being- heart- he doesn’t even know what to call it. In the whole book he found nothing like that. Not even a hint indicating what might have really happened to him. Sure, there were some myths coming quite close to what happened to him but none of them really helped him figure it out.

 

“Can I go out?” Hyukjae asked Heechul one day. Heechul didn’t know what to reply but fortunately Ryeowook came inside at that moment. Heechul looked at the young servant. Ryeowook – who had heard Hyukjae’s question – nodded. He grabbed a notebook, went to Heechul and wrote something down. “I will prepare some clothes and will be back shortly. Please help him dress. Then I will guide you to the gardens.” Heechul read quietly before nodding back.

Ryeowook soon came back holding a stack of neatly folded clothes. He handed them to Heechul before quietly leaving the room again. Heechul thanked the young servant before making to help Hyukjae change. Hyukjae was amazed by the feeling of the clothes against his skin. They were so soft but so light.
“Done. Now we can go.” Heechul said, smile evident in his voice. He carefully helped his younger brother out of the bed and out of the room. There they found Ryeowook waiting for them.
“I didn’t get to greet you earlier. Hello Ryeowook-ssi.” Hyukjae said smiling as he held out his hands in front of him for Ryeowook to take. This was how they greeted each other. Hyukjae couldn’t see Ryeowook bowing and Ryeowook couldn’t say hello so they greeted with their hands.

Ryeowook guided the brothers through the castle. He stopped occasionally to let Hyukjae memorize certain things. He wanted to make sure that Hyukjae could find his way around the castle on his own in case it was necessary. The hallways of the castle were wide and empty. They could hear their every step resounding. Now and then Hyukjae could hear small hurried steps passing by – most likely maids.

Soon they reached the door to the gardens. It was a big and wide glass door – Heechul had told Hyukjae later – decorated with golden details. In the upper center of the double doors was a big red rose. A favorite of Donghae’s – Ryeowook had told them. The young mute opened the doors and let the guests through. Not being able to say something – and having forgotten a notebook and pen – Ryeowook turned back to the two brothers. He lifted his arm in a way of showing the two to step in. Heechul understood immediately that the servant didn’t just tell them to feel welcome in the gardens. He soon realized the man also indicated that they could move freely between the green and colors of the plants and flowers.

Heechul grabbed Hyukjae’s hand and went ahead. He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter