Chapter 1

Flower's Daydream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

„Donghae-ah. You are nearly twenty years old. You need to marry soon so you can take over the throne if something happens.” The queen called his son slightly irritated. “Don’t wanna! Like anything will happen soon anyways.” Donghae replied not hiding his annoyance mumbling the last part. “Donghae-ah! You can’t say that! Who knows what happens when the other kingdom’s heirs take over!” Queen Leeteuk screamed at her son. “I’m not going to marry someone I don’t love with all my heart!” The Prince screamed angrily before slamming the door behind him. Leeteuk sighed. “What am I going to do with you.” He whispered silently to himself. All this ruckus was heard by a servant who decided to wait a little before going inside the throne room. When he finally entered the King was already sitting next to his queen who had his face in his hands, comforting the latter. The servant bowed silently before starting to talk directing his words right at the queen. “Your highness. I have news for you. There has been talk between the citizens that there is a fortune-teller in this kingdom.” “A fortune-teller?” The queen asked confused. “Yes, your highness. It’s said that a boy who can see the future lives in the forest.” “I really want to meet this person….” Leeteuk mumbled to himself. While the King discussed more important matters with his servant the prince, who had listened to the whole conversation through a slightly ajar door, secretly snuck out of the castle to hear more about this so called ‘fortune-teller’.

 

One week later a loud banging could be heard in the forest. “Open the door! This is a royal order! Open the door right this instant!”
To say he was scared would be an understatement. Heechul went out to stock up on groceries so Hyukjae was alone at home. He was terrified. Someone kept banging on the door and screamed but Hyukjae couldn’t open the door. Heechul forbid him to meet any strangers and so he hid in his room under his blanket. “Hyung… where are you?” He mumbled to himself silently shaking in fear.
 

When Heechul came back home he would have never expected to see the royal guards standing on his doorstep and violently banging on the door. He wanted to lash out at them for surely scaring Hyukjae to death, but he figured that wouldn’t end well for him and he couldn’t leave the younger alone. “Excuse me but what are you doing?” Heechul asked with a sweet smile trying to hide his anger. “Are you the fortune-teller?” One of the guards asked anger in his voice. “Idiot! He can’t be. They said the fortune-teller is blind and that man certainly isn’t!” Another one said slapping the first one at the back of the head. “A blind fortune-teller? No fortune-teller lives here. Only me and my younger brother.” Heechul countered confused. “This is a royal order! Let us in!” The first man said or better nearly screamed obviously aggravated. Heechul didn’t like it but he really couldn’t allow himself to defy a royal order and get himself killed leaving Hyukjae on his own. Hyukjae being lonely and all on his own without him was the elder’s worst nightmare. “Please don’t scare him any longer. My brother is very sensitive to noise.” was the last thing Heechul said before entering the house being followed by the guards. “Please wait here. If you want to make sure that we don’t run away one of you can follow me.” He said sternly not looking at the men as they arrived in the living room. While Heechul went towards a lonely door with a rose engraved in it Hyukjae silently cried still sitting in the corner on the bed. When the door opened he froze. He didn’t move an inch. Heechul was heartbroken seeing his brother like that. Hyukjae’s black silk blindfold was drenched with tears and the elder could still see some single tears flowing down from underneath his cheeks. Heechul immediately went to hug and comfort the younger, trying to suppress his anger towards the guards and trying to not cry himself. Seeing his brother so hurt and terrified was too painful for the elder. Still hugging the younger boy Heechul didn’t notice the concerned look on the guard’s face.

 

Hangeng has lived as a royal guard ever since he was young, and the prince has always been very fond of him. The royal family took him in as a guard when they visited an orphanage and the prince just wouldn't let him be. Little Donghae seemingly made it his mission to become friends with the Chinese boy no one dared to even get close to. Hangeng may look cold on the outside but his heart is actually really soft. The prince has showed so much kindness to him that Hangeng wants to repay him accordingly. He didn't want to interrupt them, but people were waiting. "I'm very sorry but the queen is waiting." He said with a quiet voice not looking at the two boys who were still hugging.

 

Heechul wanted to turn around and glare at the guard but he decided not to. Instead he told him to wait outside while he an Hyukjae prepare to leave. After they got everything ready Heechul decided to change Hyukjae's blindfold. 'He must feel uncomfortable. The blindfold is completely drenched.' He picked out Hyukjae's only other blindfold, a red silk one. "Hyukie-ah, I'm gonna change your blindfold now." He warned the younger with a soft voice before removing said object to tie the other one. When Heechul guided Hyukjae out of the room everyone except for Hangeng who was in the room with the two before was shocked by the younger brother’s appearance. Hyukjae wasn't a sight you could see just anywhere after all. Heechul didn't mind them and went straight to Hangeng who guided them outsie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter