Strange meets stranger

Strange meets stranger
Please log in to read the full chapter

The last thing Kyungsoo expects to see is a ghost in the forest. And if the presence of a ghost is strange, what the translucent being is doing is even stranger.

“Why do you keep walking around… that?”

The ghost doesn’t respond – at least, not until Kyungsoo is right in front of him, peering – and then he suddenly falls back, lands on his with what would be a loud smack if he was anything but ghostly matter.

“You… see me?”

Kyungsoo tilts his head.

“Am I not supposed to?”

The ghost blinks, mouth open, but instead of the answer Kyungsoo’s hoping for, what he says is –

“, you better move or he’s gonna infect you.”

“Who?”

There are only trees and shrubs and that… that misshapen thing crawling on the forest floor, brown and covered with what might be mould or fungi. The answer is obvious.

“Him,” the ghost answers, makes shooing motions for Kyungsoo to move away from the slowly advancing creature.

“What is he?”

The ghost’s face morphs into a grimace, pulled.

“A zombie.”

“I can’t be infected,” Kyungsoo mumbles, “Probably.” Zombies infect humans and Kyungsoo isn’t really one. But who knows –

“Well, he might bite you anyway and we’ll find out the hard way if you don’t move,” the ghost snaps, more exasperated than anything else because Kyungsoo’s remaining rooted. Kyungsoo ponders over his options for a minute, then takes a single step to the right. The ghost sighs.

“I moved,” Kyungsoo points out, hears incredulous laughter from the ghost, echoed by a raspy hollow sound from the zombie thing that is still moving. It’s more disconcerting than he would haveimagined. “Who was he anyway, before he became a zombie?”

“Does it really matter?” The ghost lo

Please log in to read the full chapter