Final

Just Give Me A Reason
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A relationship, Lynn realized, ends either with a break up or marriage. The former more often than the latter. Lynn, at first, ignored that small fact, disliked thinking that far into the future. Loved living in the moment, and its beauty.

So when she fell for this boy, fell for his smile and voice and eyes and heart, she didn't expect anything from it. When she said yes after he confessed she didn't dwell on the future of their relationship. When she fell for him more and more every passing second, she didn't stop, even once, and checked if this was right.

So when she started noticing how rare the boy's smiles became around her, how cold his voice was when it was directed to her, how empty and dull his eyes were when they stared at her and how his heart wasn't calling her name anymore she faked oblivious. Foolishly hoping that the boy was just facing a hard time, too tired with everything, not tired of her only.

But one can't act dumb for too long, can't ignore the ache of the heart. And Lynn couldn't keep pretending that she wasn't crying herself to sleep.

 

 

 

 

"Let's go out." Lynn suggested as she sat beside her boyfriend in his apartment's couch. A feet away from him, too scared to approach him more when he was always the one who pulled her to his lap.

"Let's not." Jungkook said dryly, changing between the channels uninterested. Lynn gulped, her hands and willing herself not to cry.

"Why not? We didn't do so in so long." She insisted, hoping, wishing to reach the old Jungkook she first knew.

He sighed in irritation and Lynn could swear that the boy sitting beside her wasn't her boyfriend. "I know. I just don't feel like it."

"What's wrong with you kook?" Lynn asked, pained, staring at the man's face who used to give her so much love, the man's face who looked like he wanted to do nothing with her in that moment.

"I just don't feel like it, dammit." He yelled, throwing the remote harshly out of sight. "Can't you take a hint and get off my back?"

Lynn stood up in shock, in terror, looking at the fuming man with trembling lips. "If you hate me that much, if I annoy you that much, just break up with me!" Lynn yelled, tears of frustration falling down her cheeks.

Jungkook, instead of kissing her tears away and hugging her reassuringly, like he always used to do, laughed, he laughed his heart content. And Lynn never hated a sound more than that empty humorless laugh.

"ing god, you don't know how much I want to do that," Jungkook breathed deeply, like he was going to unload a weight that has been sitting on his back for a long time, and a long time it was. "Let's break up."

Lynn stumbled back, the force of the words almost reddening her unconscious. She thought she was prepared for this moment, but nothing would prepare her for the carelessness in Jungkook's voice or how devoided of emotions his eyes were.

"Oh," Lynn said. "Okay." She finished weakly, taking her purse. "I'll be leaving then." She muttered, already at the door.

The man hummed, watching nonchalantly as the girl he had dated and loved for two years left. "Take care Lynn."

 

 

 

 

 

Break ups didn't mean ice cream and the comfort of friends. Didn't mean cuddling your pillow and sleeping your sorrows away. It meant going with life as usual, and pretending that you weren't bleeding in the inside. It meant sleepless nights and ugly eyebags, it meant wanting to kill everyone and then wanting to kill yourself.

Lynn, after much thought, decided not to tell anyone about the break-up. It was better, easier, to fake smiles and happiness than to be treated like a broken doll, to be the receiving end of pitiful stares and empty reassuring words.

But in all honesty, it wasn't that easy, people asking her how Jungkook was doing, questioning his disappearance, questioning Lynn's never ringing phone and her degrading appearance.

"Hi," Jieun, Lynn's coworker, greeted Lynn over the coffee machine.

Lynn raised her head with panicked eyes, but then smiled, glad it was Jieun , one of nicest workers there, and not someone else. "Hey,"

Jieun smiled kindly. "How are you doing?"

"Fine. Could be better, but let's not get greedy." Lynn chuckled soulessly.

"Well in your state you must say you couldn't be worse, what's up with you Lynn?" The woman said with worried curious eyes.

"Nothing, just tired."

"This is you sixth cup of coffee and it's only 11am." Jieun retorted with a you-can't-fool-me look. "People are saying you broke up with Jungkook, is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter