These Moments (I hope They Are Not A Dream)

Disney Tales All End In lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's a bit comical; the way Mingyu's eyes light up at Lynn's appearance, a huge grin breaking into his face, pointed sharp canines visible. The way Minghao turns red, opening and closing his mouth like a fish, as though he wants to say something but isn't sure what it is he wants to say exactly. Lynn fixes her eyes on Mingyu, fearing that she would feel too nervous if she were to look at the other boy gauging at her.  She smiles back at Mingyu and he pushes the chair beside him. "Take a seat."

 

Lynn goes to sit, not sure if she should be glad that she isn't sitting beside Minghao when she's facing him now, her eyes finding nowhere to fixate but on his face, and the way he's picking on the skin of his lips nervously. 

 

"It's so hard to get a hang of you." Mingyu complains to Lynn. "You're rarely around." 

 

Lynn raises her eyebrow at him. "I hang out here and at the fountain a lot though. You're the one I don't catch sight of that much." She then adds. “Plus, it’s been like three days only of me working here.”

 

Mingyu opens his mouth to retort, but finds nothing to say back to that. Lynn giggles and Minghao rolls his eyes at his friend. "She got you there, buddy." 

 

"Don't let her know that." Mingyu hisses, as though Lynn isn't witnessing any of that. 

  

"Oh, sorry." Minghao whispers apologetically, leaning closer to Mingyu, and by consequence to Lynn. As he joins in with the stupid act of his friend. "My bad." 

 

"I can still hear you." Lynn whispers to them with her hand on the corner of . Minghao's eyes avert to her at that, and they widen when he notices that he is a bit too close to her now. Lynn watches in confusion as he settles back on his seat, and starts to harass his lips again. 

 

"Oh ." Mingyu suddenly curses, standing up hurriedly from his place. "This is going to add even more proof to me being the one disappearing, but I told Miyoung I'll meet up with her around this time." 

  

Lynn nods at him in understanding. "It's fine. I wasn't really blaming you or anything. Hope we can meet soon then."

 

Mingyu smiles at her in gratitude. "We will. I will make sure of that." And with that he leaves. And Lynn doesn't realize the situation he left her in, until she turns and find that she's alone in the table with Minghao. She might have been feeling brave enough to approach him and talk to him, but that was only valid with Mingyu around, a friendly and familiar face. But the safety that is Kim Mingyu isn't around anymore and Lynn doesn't think she can survive this, especially with how Minghao doesn't seem to be going to say anything any time soon. 

 

Lynn isn't good at initiating conversations, neither can she live through the awkward silence. She can hear her heart thudding in her ears, as she anxiously picks on her fingers. She glances back to the counter, relieved to see Chan still there with a cup of coffe in his hand and a pout on his lips as he talks to Jeonghan. Lynn is about to call him over, hoping his company and talkative mannerism will save her, when Minghao finally says. "I see you have gotten close to everyone in such a short time.”

 

Lynn chuckles awkwardly, unsure if Minghao is saying that as a statement or expecting Lynn to explain the situation. “I mean I was already friends with Soonyoung before starting to work here, while the others are just too friendly, especially Jeonghan, so it somehow happened.” She justifies anyway.

 

“Oh, so you are friends with hoshi.” Minghao mutters, and if his exhale after that is a sigh of relief or just extra breath he had from unregular breathing, Lynn isn’t sure. And she knows she’s watching the boy as a hawk, but she can’t help it, when he’s the only one who’s not all smiles and jokes in this place. She’s not counting Wonwoo either, but the latter’s quietness is different than Minghao’s. For the silence shared with Wonwoo is always comfortable and peaceful, his words light and natural. While the one silence she had with Minghao was filled with nothing but awkwardness and tension, and his words are sounding thought out and with hidden intentions. It all makes Minghao seems like a riddle to Lynn, and man does she love solving those.

 

Lynn doesn’t follow Minghao’s words with anything, staring straight into him. She hopes her eyes can convey the message she wants to get to him, the one asking him to elaborate, the one asking him why he cares.

 

“You see, the air between you two was weird last time and it just made me curious.” Minghao finally admits, scratching the back of his neck in embarrassment. And Lynn has to pinch her forearm from under the table, so she doesn’t smirk. She always knew she could control minds.

 

“We just had an argument of some sort. I am sorry you had to witness that.” She mutters guiltily.

 

“Well it wasn’t the best first impression, but it wasn’t the worst.” Minghao jokes with a smile, reminding Lynn of how endearing he looks with his lips tugged upwards. Lynn chuckles, hoping that would hide the fact that she has a very evident blush on her face. “What's the worst first impression you had then?" 

 

Minghao smirks at that. "I am very glad you asked. But I'll tell you about that another time. When the other person involved in this story is present. It's way funnier that way, believe me." 

 

Lynn laughs, drawn by the boy's mischievous attitude. "Can I at least know who's that person?" She asks curiously. 

 

"He has long hair and a self-esteem bigger than Chan's hatred to the nickname Dino." 

 

"Wow. That must be a big self-esteem." They both chuckle at that, before Lynn frowns in confusion. "Is it Jeonghan though?" 

 

"Close. But this person has shorter hair and a bigger love for himself." 

 

"Ah." Lynn exclaims excitedly. "It's Jun, isn't it?" 

 

"Bingo." Minghao sings, making finger guns at the girl. She's about to tell him how he looks like an actual meme doing that when Chan comes and plops himself beside Lynn. The girl tries not to glare at him, the words ‘You only come now when things are fun and not awkward anymore’ burning at the tip of her tongue. “Tell me if am wrong, but I am having this feeling that you don’t want to hang out with me.”

 

Lynn raises her brow at Chan. “And I am having a feeling that it’s just your coffee messing with your digestion.”

 

Minghao scoffs, laughing even more when Chan throws him a glare. “Yesterday you left me for Hoshi and today for Hao.”

 

The other boy’s laugh dies down, looking expectedly at Lynn, who doesn’t dare looking at him as she says. “Well you were the one arguing with Jeonghan, and I didn’t want to get involved.”

 

“Why didn't you want to get involved? Aren't you supposed to defend me? Be by my side? I thought we are partners." Chan wails exaggeratedly. Minghao rolls his eyes at him and Lynn finds herself doing the same. 

 

"I'll help you out next time." She reassures, finding it hard to resist Chan's pout even when she knew how fake his whole act is. 

 

"Great." He exclaims, as though Lynn stepping in when Jeonghan annoys him is the best thing that can happen to him.

 

"How old are you again?" Minghao asks Chan sarcastically.

 

“Not sure, all I know is that I am more mature than you.” Chan responds, sticking his tongue out teasingly at Minghao and the latter rolls his eyes. “This is exactly what makes you look like a kid.”

 

Chan shrugs, unaffected by the comment. “Let’s get out of here.” He tells Lynn. “This place is full of snakes.”

 

Lynn turns to look at Minghao and he just directs her a small smile. “We will meet another time then. You should come by to watch one of my performances.”

 

“Of course.” She replies excitedly. “And you have to tell me that story about Jun.”

 

“Their first meeting?” Chan butts in and bursts out laughing when Minghao nods. “Jun is going to kill you if he hears that you told her about that.”

 

“Oh, but am planning to tell her the story in his presence.” Minghao informs with a devious smirk.

 

“Satan works hard but you sure work harder.” Chan mutters seriously. “Lynn, don’t be fooled by Hao, he might look all pure and soft at first but he’s Satan’s spawn inside.”

 

“I can already tell.” Lynn finds herself saying before she can stop herself, Minghao eyes widen at that at first, and she panics thinking that she has offended him, but he’s suddenly laughing. “Glad you weren’t fooled by me then.”

 

Chan sighs. “Can’t relate.”

 

“Only legends can.” Minghao says, beaming at Lynn when she blinks back at him.

 

With that Chan and Lynn bid Minghao goodbye before leaving, waving at Joshua as they pass by him. And as Lynn walks side by side with Chan, she thinks back to her conversation with Minghao. How it flew out better than she expected. How she was less of an anxious wreck as they talked more. As friendly as Jeonghan was he always made her into a stuttering blushing mess, same with Joshua. And she still felt a bit awkward with Chan even when he made her feel like she’s around her younger brother. Yet somehow, her short conversation with Minghao ended up with her feeling at ease, even when he seemed to be the most intimidating, closed-off one out of most of them at first. Maybe she was in fact fooled by Xu Minghao.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chan is a hyper kid, he fills the air between him and Lynn with chatter. As he tells her stuff about the people working with them, especially gossips. And that’s how she discovers that her friend, Soonyoung, has a crush on Pocahontas. Or that’s what Chan is claiming. The latter has told her that Soonyoung has been denying anything to do with that princess, but Chan also claims that her friend is as obvious as a teenager having his first crush.

 

“The fact that he doesn’t act like a brat with her should be enough of a teller, to be honest.” Chan says.

 

Lynn pouts. “So, you are telling me Soon has a crush on someone and he hasn’t told me?”

 

“He’s still in denial. I am sure he will tell you first thing after he admits it to himself.” Chan comforts.

 

“Not if I coax it out of him.” Lynn threatens.

 

“I am all for it. I am tired of his obvious dense . Just don’t mention me.”

 

“Of course.” Lynn assures with a smile. “It’s our secret.”

 

Chan looks excited after that, telling Lynn more of how Soonyoung behaves with his crush and the things he accidently said about her. Lynn listens attentively, storing every piece of information in the back of her head, ready to bring it out whenever she needs to blackmail her friend. Who knew Chan is this useful?

 

The boy isn’t only useful in giving Lynn a lifetime stock of blackmail material against Soonyoung. But he also gives her a tour around the place, well not the whole place since it’s huge, but he shows her parts and places she hasn’t been to yet. They even visit a rollercoaster, where Chan claims that his friend works at. The said friend’s name is Seokmin, and if Lynn thought that Soonyoung and Jeonghan are the brightest people she met, and that Mingyu is somehow always smiling, then Seokmin is here to prove that he’s above all of that. As he is the human form of sunshine.

 

Seokmin tries to make Lynn and Chan get on the ride, but the latter promises that they will get back another time with Mingyu, informing Lynn that the tall man gets terrified of that ride yet Seokmin somehow always makes him get on it. The idea pleases Seokmin who thankfully doesn’t drag the two into the ride like he promises to do to Mingyu.

 

Considering everything, Lynn should be enjoying her time with Chan. And she really was. Until the time for the lunch break approaches while the two are still very far from the side Lynn frequents. To add to her worry, Chan doesn’t look like he’s planning on going back any time soon, nor noticing the anxious girl as he keeps on blabbering about everything that comes to his mind. Lynn finds it endearing though, so she doesn’t find it in her heart to cut him or ask him about his plans. 

 

 It’s not until half an hour later, when Lynn’s soul has already parted her, that Chan receives a call, effectively bringing him back to reality. His eyes widen at the name that appears on his phone, and when Lynn steals a glance at the screen she reads the contact name as ‘witch’. The girl raises her eyebrow in both confusion and amusement, watching the boy pick up the phone nervously.

 

“Before you say anything,” he hurriedly yells. “I am so sorry, I completely forgot. Have mercy on me, please.”

 

Lynn is about to have a heart attack, she has never seen mischievous Chan surrender to anyone like this, not even Jihoon. And it almost makes Lynn believe that the caller is an actual witch, or a being who possesses some kind of dark magic.

 

The girl can’t hear what’s being said from the other line, but she can see Chan nodding to everything said to him even when the person talking to him can’t see him. He hangs up later with a promise of running to the caller and reaching them soon.

 

“That was Hwasa.” Chan informs as he starts fast walking towards a direction Lynn is familiar with, and she tries not to audibly sigh in relief.

 

“Hwasa?” She asks in puzzlement. “I don’t think I know her.”

 

“Well she’s Ursula, and she really fits that character.” Chan shudders at the memory of the very intimidating girl. “I owe her lunch and I promised to pay for her part today, but I completely forgot. She’s going to hand my to me in a plate.”

 

Lynn can’t help but laugh at Chan’s fearful facial expression, he pouts at her but fasten his pace, almost running at this point. Lynn finds it a bit hard to follow after him, considering her long dress and uncomfortable shoes. Chan turns around to check on her after a while, just to find her panting several miles behind him. He’s about to run back to her but she shoos him away.

 

“I know my way from here.” She yells between heaving breaths, hoping Chan can decipher what she’s saying. Thankfully he does, as he throws her an appreciative smile and with a wave he makes a run for it.

 

Lynn takes another moment to catch her breath, before she starts walking with a pace she’s more comfortable with. After a while she finds Soonyoung laying on a random bench. She walks to him, kicking his dangling leg forcefully. He jumps from his place, going on full fighting mode, ready to swing a fist at Lynn’s face. The girl stares blankly at him and he lowers his hands. “I was ready to break your nose.” He declares, going to sit properly on the bench and Lynn joins him by his side.

 

“The only thing breaking would be your fingers.” Lynn comments offhandedly, stretching her open hand to Soonyoung. The boy takes her hand in his, interlacing their fingers and beaming at her, making the girl sigh.

 

She shakes the boy’s hold off, before holding her hand out again and staring at Soonyoung blankly. “Give me change.”

 

“You only like me for my money.” He pouts, and Lynn rolls her eyes. “What for though?” He asks, already pulling his arm from the sleeve and rummaging under his costume.

 

“I need to get some water before I die.” Lynn informs, watching Soonyoung pull his arm through the sleeve again and placing the change on her hand. “Why the are these warm?”

 

Soonyoung shrugs silently.

 

“Where were they?” Lynn screams, placing the change on the bench.

 

“You don’t want to know, but I am sure you have touched dirtier money. Who knows if your cash was ever ed into a stripper’s thong.”

 

“Ew, HOSH WHY?” Lynn jumps from her place as she starts rubbing her hands on her dress, as if that is going to make them any cleaner in the case that she has actually touched such filth.

 

“So, I need to talk about hookers to get you to call me Hoshi?” The boy muses, as if he’s talking to himself more than to the girl. “Interesting.”

 

Lynn rolls her eyes, picking up the change from the bench as if she wasn’t just disgusted from the idea of just laying one finger on it a moment ago. “It must be the fact that everyone here calls you Hoshi that is finally rubbing on me.”

 

Soonyoung cheers excitedly. “About ing time.”

 

“Well, I will see you around.” Lynn smiles teasingly. “Soon.”

 

The boy’s face falls. “There you go, breaking my dreams and hopes.”

 

Lynn only chuckles, as she waves at Soonyoung while walking away. She finds a vending machine not far away, and as she goes to buy herself a bottle of water she realizes that her friend has given her more change than needed. With that she decides to buy Wonwoo a drink, to apologize for breaking her promise. Thinking that everyone likes coke, Lynn buys a can before making her way to the usual spot.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wonwoo isn’t reading a book this time around, but rather just has his earphones on as he gazes absentmindedly ahead of him. Lynn walks slowly towards him, biting her lips guiltily and nervously. Wonwoo doesn’t seem to notice her, his eyes unfocused and not glancing at her. With a heavy inhale to build up her courage, Lynn sits in front of him, placing the can of coke between them. The movement break Wonwoo from his trance, and he takes off his earphones at the appearance of the girl, a smile tugging at his lips.

 

“And here I thought you weren’t coming around.” He says, but his tone is teasing, and his smile is playful so Lynn knows he isn’t annoyed at her.

 

“I am so sorry.” She apologizes anyway. “I hate breaking promises but I was with Chan and he lost track of time and I had no idea where we were an-“

 

“It’s fine. You don’t have to apologize.” Wonwoo reassures.

 

“But I-“ Lynn tries to reason again.

 

Wonwoo chuckles. “Nor explain yourself. It’s fine.” Wonwoo’s chuckle turns into a laugh when Lynn pouts and even goes as much as humph childishly. “Look, you’re here now, and you didn’t break your promise, and that’s what matters.”

 

Lynn’s shoulders sag when she realizes that she got nothing to say to that. Wonwoo smirks in triumph, before he fetches the lunch box from beside him. Lynn watches with wide eyes as he opens it and lay out the containers that are full to the brim. “Wait you still didn’t eat?” She exclaims loudly in surprise.

 

“Yeah.” Wonwoo says as if it’s the obvious thing to do.

 

“Why?” Lynn asks exasperatedly.

 

“I was waiting for you?” He mutters, his tone confused since he seems like he doesn't understand how the girl couldn’t figure that out on her own.

 

“But you weren’t sure I would even come, you really shouldn’t have waited.”

 

“My gut feeling told me that you’ll show up soon. And I wasn’t wrong, so.” Wonwoo raises his eyebrow challengingly, waiting for Lynn to find another retort. The girl sighs, seems like Wonwoo is going to be another person that she can’t win against.

 

“You are either a voyeur or your gut feeling is like, real good.” Lynn jokes, taking the fork that Wonwoo hands her.

 

“Shh.” Wonwoo puts his finger over his lips in a hushing gesture. “Don’t blow my cover.”

 

Lynn laughs, boldly jabbing his arm with her fork. And doesn’t notice what she has done until Wonwoo winces. The girl hasn’t meant to hurt him, heck she didn’t even mean

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter