Got7's new friend

If It's Meant To Be

Eve avoided any topic related to her after the hospital incident. She’ll only talk about Hana or little stuff like the weather. Every now and then, Jaebum talks about himself to lure Eve to talk about herself too but it hasn’t work so far. She does talk a lot about her drama though. She didn’t complain anything about it, Jaebum noted, and he can’t tell whether or not she’s telling the truth anymore.

Eve got to meet the rest of Got7 in the lobby of JYPE’s building. She was on her way to exit the building just as Got7 was when they bumped into each other.

“Oh, Eve-ssi, right? How’s your arm?” Jackson smiles brightly at her. Eve smiles back. “It’s fine. I can move it a bit freely now.” She answers.

“You’re the staff member that Jaebum hyung gave a ride home.” Youngjae states. Eve chuckles, “We met through Hana unnie. I’m sort of living with her now.” She cast a glance at Jaebum, who snorted and laughed.

“Yeah, we heard.” Jinyoung says. “How is Hana, by the way?” He asks. Eve raises her eyebrow at Jaebum who shrugs, she looks back at Jinyoung, “Hana unnie is… better. She’s better than before.”

“We miss Hana noona.” Yugyeom admitted. “She always cooks us good food.” Bambam, who was beside him nods, “True. She even plays games with us sometimes.”

This earned the two maknaes a smack on the head from Jinyoung. “Yah, I cook you food!” The others burst out in laughter. The two maknaes quickly hid behind Mark, who has been silent all the while but always wearing a polite smile. The moment was ruined when someone called, “Yah newbie! We’re leaving!” Eve turns around and nods in the direction of the voice, “Well, that’s me. I’ll see you guys around!” She bows and then waves them goodbye and she jogs to keep up with her seniors.

“She seems nice hyung.” Youngjae tells Jaebum. They are now walking outside to their van. “What is she doing in JYPE, though?” Bambam asks as they all got into the van. Jaebum shrugs, “She’s probably here to discuss about Taecyeon’s hyung contract. She’s working on a drama and Taecyeon’s hyung the lead male.”

“Oh, the drama with Kim So Hyun?” Jackson asks, Jaebum nods. “Wow, she’s a newbie and yet already working with well-known stars.” Jaebum only shrugs.

***

As Got7 was busy preparing for their September comeback that comes along with a studio album, Jaebum’s visits to Hana becomes less frequent. But now that Hana has started eating again, Jaebum accepted Eve’s suggestion to let the others visit her too.

The first one to come were the maknaes. They brought board games with them and entertained Hana while Eve works on her drama that was making her busier each day. Mark and Jinyoung came the next week after finishing their schedule. It was good timing too because Hana was refusing to eat again. But since Jinyoung bought them dinner, Hana couldn’t refuse. Mark returned the small smile of thanks Eve gave to them.

If Eve thought that Bambam and Yugyeom were loud, well she thought wrong. It was nothing compared to when Jackson and Youngjae came to visit, she was actually SCARED that the landlord would come and tell them off. Jackson and Youngjae bought mics and with that, well, let’s just say that Hana’s apartment basically turned into a karaoke room when the two were here.

As all the members take turns to visit, they not only manage to cheer Hana up. They also got a lot closer to Eve. Jackson and Mark even started to talk to her in Chinese which really made her feel at home.

One time, when all seven of them came together and they had a small party slash dinner, Eve looked around her and smiles genuinely. She just found six other new friends. Just as Got7 gained a new one.

***

Her new friends were loud though (including Mark who showed his true colours when he was with s), so she can’t that she was glad to see Jaebum visiting alone when she was writing one of the scripts for her drama. He made her coffee and was quite the whole day as to give her space to concentrate. He even sliced her fruits to eat as snacks during her break time. After a while, he too sat down to eat the fruits he sliced while he watches Eve type rapidly on her laptop. She was sitting down on the ground (because she was comfortable like that) with her laptop on the table while Jaebum was lying on his side behind her on the couch. Hana was in her room, resting.

“Hey,” Jaebum speaks up, making Eve tilt her head up to look at him. Jaebum froze when he felt her head leaning on his stomach, but Eve didn’t notice it and raises her eyebrows, “What?” She asks. Jaebum clears his throat, “I-I can help you proofread these. I won’t be needing all that dictionaries like you.” Eve’s eyes lights up and her big eyes widen as she looks at him hopefully.

“Really? You’d do that? There are only a few more scripts left.” She bends down to take a couple of scripts and hands it to him. Jaebum can’t help but miss the warmth he felt by the small skin-ship but didn’t say anything. He takes the scripts from her and then he stretched out his hand expectantly. He hears Eve chuckles before putting a red pen on his palm.

“This means a lot to me, Jaebum-ssi. Thanks a lot.” She says, turning back to her laptop.

“Aren’t you guys supposed to get over the formalities already?” A voice interrupted them. They both looked up at the same time.

“Hana.”

“Unnie.”

Hana smiles and sat down next to Eve on the ground. She takes one of the scripts from Jaebum and found another pen for herself. “I’m bored.” She confessed while glaring at Jaebum. “Jaebum is boring compared to s.” Jaebum scoffs at this and rolled his eyes. “I’ll help.” She smiles to Eve, who smiles back. Eve gave her a tight hug before looking back at her laptop and began typing again. “Next time I hear you guys speak, it better not sound formal.” Hana says, putting her head on Eve’s shoulder as she starts to proofread the scripts.

After an hour or so, Eve’s closed her laptop. She looks up to see Jaebum giving her back the script, after a moment of contemplating it, she says, “Thanks, oppa.”.

Hana’s eyes widen and she laughs, clapping her hands like a seal and giving Eve two thumbs up. Eve laughs too as she gathers all her scripts and starts to arrange everything. The place became a mess after she started to work from home.

Meanwhile, Jaebum swore, his heart just skipped a beat.

 

 

 

 

A/n: Here's a short update. The next one will go back to Sungjin x Hana. How is it so far? Hope you guys enjoyed it. See you at the next update! =)