04 - Busted!

Spies with Benefit
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As Seongwu was packing up and organizing all his stationeries and papers into his backpack, he realized that Eunjae’s phone was vibrating from time to time continuously. He predicted that it was from her chat messages notifications. He zipped up his backpack as he finished packing his stuffs and hovered to Eunjae’s seat. Being the naughty and prankster he is, he picked up Eunjae’s phone to secretly read her messages.

“Let’s see whose Eunjae’s texting with?” he hummed playfully. “Oh? What’s this?” he found out that the Eunjae’s phone was already unlocked from the start and it was showing the KaTalk chatroom she was currently in chat. To her dismay, it was Seoyun’s chat room. Seoyun’s set-up name was SeongWu’sYeoChin.

“Mwoya…ige?” he was a bit confused seeing the name then began to scroll up through their chat history. Eventually, he found out all the secrets they were sharing together within the chat room and almost 99.99% were all about him! The information that Eunjae shared with her ranged from his daily whereabouts and activities, his personal data to videos and picture – even the candid picture that she just took just a few moments ago was also in there!

“Heol,” He was taken back with the entire discovery and somehow he felt like he was backstabbed by his own trusted best friend.

Seongwu confiscated her phone as he put the phone into his pocket. Just in time, Eunjae was on her way back to the table. He saw her coming by far. He grabbed his bag pack and slowly left the table. At the same time, Eunjae was steadily approaching her but he made himself barely just past her.

“Hurry up, I suddenly feel so hungry now,” he stated gruffly with his bag pack carried on his left shoulder brushed over her, almost made her stand unstable due to the slight friction.

“Eh? Wait, wait!” Eunjae quickly ran to her seat to collect her stuffs. She shoved everything into her sling bag before she tried to catch up with Seongwu which already out of her sight. Both of them walked out of the school library with Seongwu in lead. He was striding with his long legs and was much faster than her.

Eunjae asked him which place that he decided to eat at but he didn’t reply initially. It was strange. What’s wrong with him? She thought quietly. Did I do anything wrong to him today? Maybe he doesn’t hear me well; she guessed. So, Eunjae asked for the second time and this time pleading that he would decrease his pace.

“Just follow,” he replied shortly without turning around to her and there was slight cold in his tone. The surrounding between Eunjae and him turned heavy and tense. She didn’t feel good about this. Usually, he would tell the place they’re heading to firstly as he was walking or he would just utter anything as he’s quite a chatterbox around people he felt comfortable with. However, he was not that person right now.

By any time, they were already outside of the high school compound. They walked and walked until they reached a quiet and lonely street. Then, Seongwu halt his steps.

“Why? What is it Seongwu? Are you not feeling well?” Eunjae cautiously asked him while eyeing his motion. She was prepared to run away or smack him down with her sling bag anytime right now.

“I have a question, Eunjae,” he stated suddenly after being unresponsive for a while.

“I really have to ask you about this,” he turned around to face her before he continued. “But, you need to answer it, honestly,” he stressed the last word with all of his seriousness.

Eunjae gulped a lump in before replying to him. “Hey, why is it sounded so serious? This is not you, Seongwu-yaa. Hahaha!” she laughed awkwardly to ease her nervousness. However, Seongwu’s expression in front of her was indifferent and unchanging. Due to that, she stopped laughing.

“Before that, where is your phone Eunjae?” he asked unexpected question first hand.

Upon hearing the question, Eunjae’s hands wildly hovered over her pocket in search for her phone.

“Eh? Where is it? Oh no, no, no, please don’t say I left it behind…” she was frantically searching in her sling bag for the said item.

As she began to panic about it, Seongwu brought out the phone and held it up. “Isn’t this yours?”

She sighed in relief.

“Oh my god, thanks Seongwu for –,” he retracted his hand with the phone backward before he asked a question that she didn’t expect it to hear so soon.

 

“Who is this Seong Wu’s YeoChin aka the girl named Seoyun?”

a/
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter