✓ Eight

A Stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After a few minutes, the meeting ended but we have another one in two hours and then we will decide who will be the next CEO, then the official ceremony is in a week. But right now, I was in pain. I frowned and looked down I saw a red stain on my white shirt. The wound was itching and it stung. I wiped the sweat formed on my forehead and I buttoned the jacket and stood up like nothing was wrong with me. Some of the partners were shaking hands with me, then Jiyong approached me, “Meet me in my office” he whispered into my ear. I glared at him and at Momo who was boiling with anger.

This mad feeling disappeared as soon as I saw Sana. My hand instinctively went to hers, she stood close to me, our bodies touched and her eyes were locked with mine.

“Why you did that?” she said in a low voice. All the partners were busy chatting and discussing what just happened. I smiled at her and patted her head.

“You deserve it, you work hard and love what you are doing” I answered simply.

I gritted my teeth and cleared my throat, “I need to go to the bathroom” I lied and left the meeting room. I knocked on the door before going into Jiyong’s office. He was talking on the phone, he glared at me and ended the call.

“What do you want?” I shrugged my shoulders, “My advice or something” I watched him get up. The first thing he did was slap me hard on my left cheek. I wasn’t expecting it. I held the couch next to me as a support and stood straight. I swallowed the groan that almost came out of my mouth.

“ARE YOU CRAZY!” he hollered, “YOU RUINED EVERYTHING!” he yelled at me.

“You are her brother! You know that she works hard! Way harder than you!” I fired back.

“OUR PLAN WAS TO MAKE ME THE CEO! YOU RUINED EVERYTHING SON CHAEYOUNG!” He screamed.

I looked away and frowned unable to reply.

“You forced me to do it” he said.

“Forced you to do what?” I was confused.

He pulled out his phone and showed me a picture of Jeongyeon, my brother was locked in a room.

“He is out now but he is with me. You won’t see him anymore if you don’t go with the plan” he tucked his hands in his pants pocket, “I will ignore the fact that you voted for Sana but next week she has to be” he muted for a bit and looked at me intensely, “dead” he declared.

I was lost and helpless. I felt like I was tied up… Tied up in the game that I started for money but I ended up being the poor one.

“You will kill her” he said coldly.

“If I don’t?” Is the first thing I managed to say.

“You won’t see your brother ever again and I will expose you. You will go to jail for fooling us.”

I clenched my fist and looked down. The secretary called us, it was the time for the second meeting. He patted my shoulder, “I want to hear the great news after the official ceremony, okay?”

I nodded my head and looked away. My knees gave up as soon as he left the office, I sat on the couch and loosened my necktie that was suffocating me, “Sana…… Jeongyeon” I sighed…

I was dozing off throughout the meeting. I don’t remember anything… The only thing I remember is that Sana was staring at me concernedly… Everyone was congratulating her while I stood by the window… The pain in my heart is bigger than the pain from the wound.

“It’s okay” said Momo as she stood next to me, “Life is hard, right Jaerim? It’s okay you will win in the end but” she leaned in and was so close to my ear, “I miss you so much”

I turned my head and looked at her eyes… Everything is a mess! Jaerim had an affair with Momo??? Her eyes were screaming lust, she walked away leaving me frozen. I held the window’s edge as a support and closed my eyes in pain.

“Jaerim” Sana said in a soft tone, “Are you okay?”

I smiled at her and nodded. Her hand went to my waist, directly under the wound she gasped when she saw blood on her palm.

“Jae-”

“Shuush” I shushed her and looked around, “I am fine, I just need to change the bandage.”

“Shall we go to the hospital?” she panicked. I caressed her cheek and smiled at her… Will I be able to kill you? Will I be able to save my brother and s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter