✓ Seven

A Stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Few days passed… Today I got out of the hospital, after struggling to go upstairs, with Sana’s help I was able to go to our room. I sat on the couch and she grabbed me a water cup but I noticed that she was sad and feeling down so I patted her thigh when she sat next to me.

“What’s wrong?” I soft-spoken.

“Tomorrow we have a meeting” she muted a bit, “where they will nominate the two candidates for CEO. Unfortunately, you can’t come…” she bit her lower lip.

I am still tired, even though the stab wasn’t deep, it’s still hurting me from time to time.

“I am worried” she spoke and her voice was shaking, “I am scared of the competition and of facing Jiyong and his allies…” she confided in me.

I held her hands that were so cold but she smiled at me warmly, “Sorry for telling you this but I am just stressed.”

“Do you want to be the CEO?” I asked.

She nodded slowly, “yes.”

I caressed her head and pulled her to me where she buried her face in the crook of my neck. Her breath is so warm, her scent is so addicting. I closed my eyes and hugged her. I don’t know who needs the other more, I feel that she needs me and I am starting to get used to her. But I know, she is not mine and will never be.

“You need to rest” she covered me with the blanket as I laid on the bed.

“How about you?” I asked.

“I need to finish some paperwork, I will be in my office here” she smiled at me and stared at me with those loveable eyes of hers before she left the room.

I dozed off and found myself cursing money and power. She is too fragile to be under this much pressure and stress. Eventually, I fell asleep.

When I woke up after two hours, she wasn’t in our room. I groaned as I got up and walked around in the mansion. I arrived in her office, the door was slightly closed so I glanced at her inside and Jiyong was walking in front of her desk back and forth.

“Come on sis, you can’t endure the pressure of CEO” he said with venom in his voice.

“I can” she faked a smile at him, “I am the temporary CEO now and the company is doing very well.”

He hit his hand on the table and she did her best not to look startled, “Tomorrow I will be the CEO! All the partners will vote for me. No one will want a woman as their boss.”

“It’s not about gender Jiyong-ah but” she rested her arms on the desk and leaned in, “do they really want a CEO who evaded his military service?” she smirked.

HOLY ! I wish I could high five to her!

His back was facing me but I can feel his eyes burning with hatred, “It’s the family’s secret Sana.”

“Let’s meet tomorrow at the meeting Jiyong” she said coldly.

I tiptoed and hid behind the wall so Jiyong wouldn’t see me as he left the office. I smiled at her strong stares and presence. I rushed to our room but I found another paper on our bed.

“Jaerim. The time is coming, get ready” I read… Jiyong was with her… Who put it here? I heard the door open behind me so I hid the paper in my pocket and looked at Sana.

“You are awake?” she asked but she looked pale and unwell.

“Yes I-”

I watched her run to the bathroom and she threw up in the toilet. I followed her and it was hard for me to kneel beside her but I managed to do it for her. She flushed the toilet and sat back on the wall. I handed her tissues and kept rubbing her back.

“Don’t tell anyone that I am weak” she spoke her tears were falling over her cheeks.

“I won’t” I said softly and helped her get up, she needs me. She needs someone to lean on, Jaerim wasn’t the guy… But I will be.

I didn’t want her to be in front her parents or family so I asked the maid to bring us lunch to our room, we sat on the couch and ate silently.

“I am bored, shall we do something?” I broke the silence between us.

“Let’s watch a movie” she shrugged her shoulders.

“Nah” I doze off and smirked, “Go and wear something casual.”

“What but-”

I put my finger on her lips and leaned in, staring right into her eyes, “We are going to hang out.”

Without letting her protest, I pushed her to the closet and gave her one of my hoodies, she wore a white one while I wore a black one.

Since I am still tired so I decided to let her drive.

“Go to the right, to the left” I was giving Sana the directions.

“You remember the directions?” she asked.

“Uhm, it’s a famous place so I looked up the directions” I exclaimed. Actually, it’s a place I used to go with Jeongyeon.

It’s an amusement park… I instinctively held her hand after we got out of the car. We went in and she was so amused, kids and teenagers were running everywhere.

“Where shall we start?” I asked looking around. My question was answered when she dragged me to the air hockey. I smiled when she held the padd

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter