✓ The End

A Stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Third person’s POV

“Chaeyoung!” Sana screamed, she wanted to rush to him and hug his weak body but one of Jaerim’s men pulled her away while the other kicked Chaeyoung again in front of her eyes causing her to collapse on the floor, crying and repeating his name. Chaeyoung was resting his back on the wall catching his breath while staring at her with his soft eyes, reassuring her that he will be alright as if he is a superhero. Even though he could feel his body weakening, he could pass out at any time.

“You need to be calm Sana” Jaerim said as he pushed Sana to sit in a chair “See? How he is suffering because of you?”

“Sana...” Chaeyoung’s voice was so low “SANA” he yelled grabbing their attention “don’t sign it” he shook his head “you deserve better than me.”

“What?” she was confused.

“Oh, I got goosebumps” Jaerim shook his body playfully and laughed while staring at Jiyong but the latter was staring at him with frowned brows.

“Chaeyoung you know how much you mean to me, what nonsense you are talking about!” Sana stated.

“You won’t regret it? Choosing me?” he didn’t notice the tear that fell over his cheek because of the pain of the bruises all over his body or his heart that’s aching inside of his chest.

“I will only regret letting you go” she teared up.

 

Back at the apartment…

Jiyong ordered his men to bring the other hostages to the warehouse as well referring to Dahyun, Jeongyeon, and Momo. His men agreed to bring Dahyun to Jeongyeon's place first thinking that it will be easy for them to go with all the hostages in their hands. Unknown to them that they are just gonna make the worst decision ever. Because the moment when Dahyun got into the car, she felt a little piece of metal in her seat that she assumed to be a lighter and an idea instantly popped out. She remained calm through the whole ride while she kept it in her grip, her blindfold becomes helpful by hiding her expression to lessen the suspicion. The car stops, one of the men pushed Dahyun outside and bring her inside a house that she guessed was Jeongyeon's by hearing Momo's scream.

"You will regret all of this! LET US GO!"

"You're the one who should regret turning on Jiyong's back, traitor. Now please shut up Momo-ssi! Oh wait, say Hi to your little friend here. We will bring you all to where your other friend is... but later after we finished your foods. Hahahaha!" The fat bearded man said before he shoved Dahyun to where Jeongyeon and Momo are sitting and went to the kitchen afterwards.

Dahyun knows that it is the perfect time to tell them about her little toy in her hand when she heard that all the bad guys proceeded to the kitchen.

"Hey Jeong, can you turn a bit? I think I can untie your hands but you need to move a bit closer because I can't reach you." Dahyun whispered.

"Hurry up Dahyun-ah! They must have Chaeyoung too! They said they're gonna bring us to our other friend and I have a very bad feeling that it is my brother."

"Sshhh. They might hear you! Just relax if you don't want your hand to get burned."

"What?!"

"I said shut the up or else your hands will be in flame too." Dahyun murmured with her gritted teeth while trying her best to spark the lighter towards the rope around Jeongyeon's hands.

"Don't you dare Dahyun!" this time Momo also speak that made Dahyun frustrated because she couldn't concentrate.

"Ugh, this couple!" Fortunately, she finally managed to burn the rope that made Jeongyeon easily loosened the tie, freeing himself. He then removed his blindfold and helped his girlfriend and Dahyun immediately. One of Jiyong's men went to check them and his eyes went wider seeing the trio having no blindfolds anymore and are getting rid of the remaining ropes. He turned to the kitchen in a flash to inform his fellows but before he could even make a step, Jeongyeon was already in his back holding the rope around his neck.

"Try to make a noise and I swear it will be the last sound coming from your mouth." Jeongyeon threatened with his low voice.

Dahyun then gets the gun on the man's waist and hit the back of his head that made him instantly lost his conscious.

"Why did you do that Dahyun? He is supposed to get us to where my brother is." Jeongyeon asked in despair. He couldn't think clearly now knowing his brother's life may be at risk.

"We don't need him, trust me. And we have to go now before they realize what happened. C'mon!" Dahyun said as she checked the path in getting out of the house.

They all run to the garage after reaching the front door. Thank God, they are already inside Jeongyeon's car leaving the place when they heard another man shouting that their mate is unconscious and they lost the three.

 

"Now what?" Jeongyeon asked as he reduced their speed but still looking at the rearview and side mirror frequently, making sure that no one is following them. Dahyun looked at her phone. She had installed trackers in each of their phones after Chaeyoung was released from the police station in case anything bad happened when they weren’t together.

“Here, he's here! I tracked his phone. I think it will only take less than 25mins. to get there." Dahyun showed the location to Jeongyeon.

“Wait…” Momo grabbed the phone from Dahyun’s hands. “This is Jiyong’s warehouse. I have been there plenty of times…”

Jeongyeon punched the steering wheel and started to panic again. “ I KNEW IT! THEY HAVE MY BROTHER! WE HAVE TO SAVE HIM!”

“Hey, hey baby calm down. We are now heading there to get him, right?” she shot a look to Dahyun, “Don’t panic, he will be okay.” Momo said rubbing Jeongyeon’s arm.

“Yeah Jeong, We are going to save him no matter what." Dahyun agreed from the backseat. “I just checked Sana’s locater, she is at the warehouse too. She is with Chaeyoung” She added. Jeongyeon is driving fast again and focusing on the road while Momo held his hand.

“If they have them both this is not good. We have to get there quickly” Jeongyeon said swerving through lanes.

“Yeah if we can make it there alive” Dahyun whined under her breath. Momo heard and chuckled a bit.

 

They arrived near the warehouse and pulled off to the side of the road.

“We will walk from here, so they will not see us coming.” Jeongyeon said turning off the engine.

“Okay, there is a door near the back side that we can go in, they won’t see us coming from there” Momo informed.

Dahyun gave a head nod and the three began walking towards the building.

They arrived at the door and Dahyun picked the lock for them to enter. They all crouched behind boxes and hid, taking glances to see what was going on.

Momo spotted Chaeyoung on the floor and grabbed Jeongyeon before he could see.

They heard Sana’s voice followed by Chaeyoung’s.

Jeongyeon could tell something was wrong just hearing his younger brother. He stood up before Momo could pull him back down and saw his brother, covered in blood on the floor.

“Chaeyoung…” he gasped, knees becoming weak.

Dahyun and Momo both grabbed him before he could fall. Dahyun covered his mouth, “Do not panic, we will get to him, just stay calm.”

Rage filled Jeongyeon.

Seeing his brother beaten and weak on the floor was too much to bare. He stood up and ran to one of the guards, punching him immediately.

Other guards looked over and ran to grab Jeongyeon.

“Jeongyeon no!” Momo began to scream, but Dahyun covered .

“Momo no. There will be no hope for any of us if we are all captured.”

They ducked back behind the boxes and watched the scene in front of them…

 

“GET YOUR HANDS OFF OF ME!” a familiar voice echoed in the empty room “CHAEYOUNG!” Jeongyeon ran to his brother but Jaerim’s men were quick, they tied his hands behind his back and he joined Chaeyoung on the floor with Momo and Dahyun still hiding.

“See? More people are suffering because of you, I didn’t know that you were this heartless” Jaerim stared deep into her eyes. Jiyong was just leaning on the table next to her.

“Where do I sign?” Sana looked at Jiyong.

“Yes Sana! I always loved you.”

“SANA DON’T!” Chaeyoung screamed.

But she already grabbed the pen, ready to sign the paper, giving up her position as CEO that she worked years to get.

Chaeyoung lowered his head. Feeling bad that Sana gave up what she worked so hard for, just so she could save him and his friends.

“SIR!” a guy came while panting “POLICE IS HERE!”

“WHAT?”

The men pulled out their guns while Jiyong held Sana’s hands, the sound of the shooting echoed around the building, he threw the iron table on the floor, using at a shield for them.

“Oppa, Chaeyoung” she begged and held his arm “bring him to me please.”

“LET HER SIGN!” Jaerim pointed his gun at them.

“NOT NOW JAERIM! EVERYTHING IS OVER!” Jiyong pushed him out of the way, he cut the rope on Jeongyeon’s hands “Save your brother! GO!”

The latter was focusing on his brother, he helped him crawl behind the iron table where he collapsed on Sana’s lap. The sounds of gunshots were getting louder and closer. Chaeyoung’s head was still on Sana’s lap, she was caressing his bloody face and caressing his hair while praying that they will come out alive out of this.

“Do you think Dahyun is protecting Momo? They are hiding near the back” Jeongyeon panicked. He couldn’t get to them with all the random bullets flying.

“I don’t know Jeongyeon” she cried with her eyes focusing on her lover.

A police officer rushed to them making them panic, “SIR THEY ARE HERE!” he hollered “ARE YOU ALL SAFE?”

Jeongyeon nodded and got up as the shooting sound disappeared. Some men were injured while the other were arrested until his sight went to Dahyun who was kneeling on the floor.

“This can’t be real” he repeated with every step until he reached Momo’s body that was on the floor. He knelt next to her and held her hand “Momo, wake up!”

“She got shot twice, I am sorry Jeongyeon.” Dahyun was pressing on her wounds “Jeongyeon look” he followed her gaze and they saw Jaerim on the floor, dead. While Jiyong was finally arrested with the police officers dragging him out of the building.

Eventually, an ambulance came and took bot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter