Pretty in pink (Jongho)

Aurora
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

Or five times Minho doesn't like pink hair and the one time he does.

1.

There are three things Minho knows for sure –

1. He's really good at Quidditch
2. He really, really likes Jonghyun, so much.
3. His current demise is all Jung Yunho's fault.

 

It started directly at the begining of his fifth year, they had just arrived at Hogwarts after the summer hollidays and Minho is really excited to see his friends again.

And even more excited to see Jonghyun again.

 

The great halls is filled with old and new students. He passes by the mass of nervous and awed fresh first year students who have yet to be sorted in their respective houses as he makes his rounds around the other house tables to quickly greet some of his friends while keeping out an eye for a certain Hufflepuff. After high fiving Taemin at the Ravenclaw table and punching Changmin's shoulder at his seat on the Slytherin table, he goes to the Hufflepuffs with a quick beating heart. To his disappointment he only spots Jinki, Junmyeon and some other friends but no Jonghyun. He greets them half heartedly, feeling a bit pathetic. Jinki just looks at him comfortingly, like he knows why Minho is suddenly so down, the elder probably actually does know, since Minho is kind of obvious when it's about Jonghyun.

 

With a frown he makes his way over to the Gryffindor table before the sorting starts and sits down next to Siwon. He snaps out of his misery when a hand is waved right in front of his face. A bit annoyed Minho looks up to see who it is, only for his eyes to almost pop out of his skull.

On the other side of the table sits Jung Yunho, his senior and Quidditch captain, with pink colored hair. To be fair, it's more a metallic-redish-pink colour but still, it's pink. Out of all the colours it had to be pink.

 

"You okay, Minho?", the elder asks while munching on a chocolate frog.

 

"Hyung, your hair, it's pink", Minho stupidly points at the top of the other head, his eyes still wider than usual, but Yunho just beams at him.

 

"It's nice, right? My sister got her hair done in the summer and I really liked the colour, so I wanted to try it too!"

 

Minho tries to smile at him but it mostly ends up as a grimace. In the seat next to him Siwon just chuckles.

 

"It takes a bit getting used to, right? But I actually think it looks rather charming, also the girls seem to love it."

 

Siwon sends a pointed look to where some girls are eyeing Yunho who as if on cue start giggling behinde their hands with red cheeks. Huh.

 

Well, to be honest it actually really isn't bad, Yunho chose a nice tone that enhanced his slightly tanned skin and makes him look less like a jock, makes him even more aprochable than he already is.

Still, he will probably need some time to get used to see his team captain with pink hair.

 

If he only knew back than, that this was just the start.

 

 

2.

It's the second day and classes are about to start in an hour. Minho is currently sitting in the great hall and eating his breakfast, and he still hasn't seen Jonghyun yet.

His sullen mood quickly vanishes though when he sees a light pink head enter the great hall. Has Yunho changed his hair colour? When the person comes closer, he notes with dread that the pink bob of hair is wearing a Ravenclaw uniform coupled with familiar silver piercings in the ears.

 

It can't be.

 

He watches in shock as Taemin plops down next to him on the bench and grabs a bread roll, either blissfully unaware or ignoring the wide eyed look Minho is giving him.

 

"Your eyes will fall out if you keep them open like this."

 

Taemin innocently munches on his breakfast, not even sparing his best friend a look.

 

"Taemin – why?", is the only thing the Gryffindor manages to voice out. The Ravenclaw glances at him from the corner of his eyes while going through his hair with his free hand.

 

"I just thought Yunho hyung looks really cool and wanted to try it too, you know? And my hair was already blonde anyway."

 

Now his hair is a light bubblegum shade, a pastel tone that looks nice in the sun light and gleames together with the other's earrings when he moves. So it is no wonder, that some students steal shy gazes at his friend, who is already good looking to beginn with but the pink hair pulls even more attention to him.

That still doesn't mean Minho wants to look at it more, and the younger seems to read his mind.

 

"Relax, it's just a simple spell. It will wear off at some point, probably quicker than if I had dyed it."

 

Minho's shoulders sag in relief, he thinks he can handle two of his friends running around with the obnoxious colour, he just hopes that it will stay at this rate.

 

"Oh, I almost forgot! Jonghyun hyung was looking for you some minutes ago, but I don't know where he is now."

 

On cue Minho just bangs his head onto the table.

 

 

3.

Minho should have known, that it wouldn't just stay at this. The next few days he watches in horror as the halls are filled with more and more pink colored heads.

And what is even worse, is that he still hasn't seen Jonghyun yet.

 

Hope bloomes in his chest when he hears the voices of Junmyeon and Jinki coming from around the corner. He smiles widely, going over to where the voices come from, hoping that a certain Hufflepuff will be with them. But his smile and hope quickly vanish when he doesn't see the smaller boy at th

Please log in to read the full chapter