Rowoon

SF9 Oneshot Collection

Title: One-Sided.

.

.

.

.

It would've been better if I didn't help her confessing to him. I've loved her longer than he loves her. I guess... It would've been better if I confessed earlier, to the day before she met him. The day before she knows him. It was a shocking news to everybody in school they expected me to be the one who'd end up dating her but know, I'm just her childhood friend.

Y/N is beautiful and kind, people admire her for that. Both genders likes her. Boys head over heels over her, girls admiring her for her beauty and generosity- and I am one of them. We would've been the perfect pair, we would've been the perfect couple. I'm not gonna lie or anything but I have to admit, I, myself, have the popularity just like her. I thought she was a hindrance when we were kids. Almost everyone favors her- even teachers- but after the day of our Sleeping Beauty play, where she plays Sleeping Beauty and where I play the prince, I knew, that was the day I realized my feelings for her.

But I was too late. She has a boyfriend now. Who is almost the same as me- who is also attractive, who is older, a senior and most of all, a top student. I don't have the brains, this I know, but that doesn't mean that I'm going to lose to him.

But she seems alot happier now than before.

I guess I'm not enough.

"Seokwoo!" I felt something sharp hitting my sides.

I snapped out of my thoughts and glare at the person who hurt me. She was glaring at me too but was replaced with a smile that my heart couldn't take just by loooking at it. Not wanting to show her my blushing face- I looked away to avoid suspicion from her.

Today, we were at the back of the school building having our lunch but we're not eating our lunch yet because she wanted to wait for her boyfriend to come. Just by the thought of him having lunch with us made me horrible. I never intended to have lunch together with them but she insist that the three of us should once in awhile.

It's already been two weeks since the last time I had lunch with her. Ever since she's gotten herself a boyfriend, I decided not to ruin they're time together so things wouldn't be so awkward between the two of them- okay okay- it was just because I don't want my jealousy to get the better of me and I might say something that shouldn't be said- and who knows if I did Y/N will come to hate me.

"Do you always wait for him this long?" I asked.

She nodded her head.

What a horrible guy.

Not wanting to wait any longer and waste any more time, I was about to open my lunchbox feeling abit excited as to what mom had prepared for me. I can almost smell the food of my mother's cooking. I should thank her later.

Just when my food was about to be in sight, the girl beside me had suddenly jumped which caused me to startle in surprise. I glanced up at her, my eyes following to where she is running. She was suddenly cheerful which is really startling and to what I was looking at- apparently- it was because he finally arrived.

I sighed and look down to my food. It's a good thing my lunchbox didn't fall from my lap.

 

____________________

 

The teacher called me for help in the library to stack up some books. I didn't want to help at first but since it's a free period I had no other choice but to agree and half of it is because I wanted to avoid Y/N. I could feel all the guilt in her eyes because of what happened during lunchtime that I choose not to think about it. 

"Remember to use your height to put some of the books on higher shelves, Alphabetically!" the librarian reminded me before she left.

I hummed in respond feelig a bit tired from all the work that she was giving me. Sometimes being tall . You became a tool for short people just help them put higher place, I feel sorry for them. If only they drink milk every morning then they would've grown taller.

Taller than me, maybe.

As I was putting them on the shelves alphabetically, I heard familiar voices from the other side of the bookshelf. I took a peak to have a look at the people. I rolled my eyes when it was just some random couple making out in the librarian. Damn, if Y/N and I were a couple would we make out in here? I don't know but it sounds kinda fun- kinda.

But now that she's with some would they? I guess they would.

"Mr.Kim," it was the voice of the scary librarian, I gaze my eyes towards her to make eye contact before she gets mad if I acted like I didn't listen.

I froze when I saw someone standing beside her. My heart was beating fast, my eyes felt like they were about to come out, my hands were shaky. I was nervous, just by seeing someone that I don't want to see right now. Just of all people why him? Why does it have to be him?

"I brought help along, so I hoped this'll help you and just tell him what to do," she said and then left.

I have never felt like I wanted her to leave so bad at that moment, when it was just the two of us. I felt sick to the stomach, I didn't know what to say or what I should do to kill the awkward atmosphere. I turn back to the bookshelf and still spotted the couple making out. I scrunched my nose.

How come the librarian didn't spot them?

"Just stack the books alphabetically," I simply ordered while keeping composure. You know, man to man.

"Okay sure!" he said as he begins to help me putting the books on the shelf.

It became quiet after that, none of us said a thing or two, we were just shutting our mouths shut. I guess our feelings our mutual. I guess he hates me too- hate- such a strong word to put it that way- no- we dislike each other and I guess it's better this way. I don't have any intention of being friends with him, let alone being budies. I know that would made Y/N happy if we became bestfriends but I don't like him- I just don't- not because he's dating her but it's just because I don't.

Funny. Why am I acting like a dramatic highschool girl all of a sudden? Is it because I read too much manhwas? Is that why? Damn. I guess I should stop. No wonder highschool girls are so overly sensitve with their one-sided love.

I heard a ringtone ringing in the library, I glanced towards the phone that was on top of a box filled with books. I saw a name on the screen and I felt pissed. Of all times just why is she calling him?

The guy went to pick up his phone and I could see that huge grin of his when his phone sticked to his ears. I refrain myself from saying anything and just continue what I should be doing.

I wanted to leave, I wanted to get this over with sooner, but I couldn't, I couldn't helped but to eavesdrop. They were laughing and giggling, exchanging those three words and nicknames. I cringed but they were doing what I've always wanted to do with her. I wouldn't be feeling this way if time didn't passed so fast but things wouldn't stay the same if I did confess anyway. I mean, just how confident I am if she felt the same way? Looking back at right now, this is already the prove.

"I gotta go now, yeah, your bestfriend is giving me looks"

I flinched when he caught me glaring. Don't tell me that he found out.

"Yeah, goodbye, I'll see you afterschool"

He put his phone away.

He smiled.

Made eye contact.

The continued.

I was pissed.

"Hey! Don't do anything yet!" I hissed.

"But I thought we were supposed to be doing this," he smiled.

"No- It's just- How?" I asked.

"How what?"

"How did you know?" 

"That you like her?" he continued my sentence.

I blushed and went back to working, trying to avoid that question and also not to admit that I like her just so it wouldn't be obvious.

"It's obvious"

Dammit!

"Do you love her?" I asked 

"I do. I was happy when she confessed"

"When did you start to realize?"

"Last year, she comforted me when I was down back then and she's been doing it ever since, I love her, Seokwoo"

I didn't know what to say at that moment, I couldn't say anything. The other reason why I don't accept him into her life was because I was having my doubts on him. I didn't trust him. I wasn't sure whether he'd give her the happiness that she's been trying to find but from what he just told me, I finally knew. I finally realized. He was genuine. He's a good guy.

"And Seokwoo, Y/N was worried about you when you left early at lunchtime," he said.

"Oh yeah! I-I forgot all about that- Hahaha! I had an upset stomach," I lied.

He smiled, "That's a relief, she was worried if it's because of me, I'm sorry if I did anything to offend you"

Those words stabbed right through the heart when he said that. I couldn't help but to lie again.

 

____________________

 

The school bell rang telling everyone that it was over. I stretched my arms upright from sitting too long. I turn to the person sitting behind me and watch her clearing all her stuck from the table. I smiled.

"Y/N," I called out.

She turns to me and returned the smile.

"Yeah?"

"I love you," I confessed.

"I love you too," she laughed.

I knew her love was different but I wasn't bothered by it.

"No, Y/N, mine is a different kind of love," I explained.

Her expression changed.

"That's okay, I'll see you tomorrow"

It felt great when I told her what I've been keeping all these years, I might regret it tomorrow but at the least, I won't regret it today. I'm thankful for her, for giving me all the love that I've been craving for. I'm thankful for her for giving me the opportunity to experience this kind of thing from her. Love is actually quite beautiful but one-sided? It is too. I've learnt alot!

End of Rowoon's POV.

________________________________________________

Thank you for reading! Sorry for any grammatical errors! English is not my first language. Hope you understand that.