Chapter 5

The Crown
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

But power was fleeting, and easily undone.

 

Chapter 5

Jimin smiled to himself.

Inwardly pleased with the fact that he was able to glide down the steps without falling, he had to keep a positive outlook on things. The court, his lower ranking servants, they weren’t aware of the fact that Jimin was spread too thin in his thinking.

The Emperor was supposed to handle tough situations.

Even as he offered his guards a salute and offered them a small wave of the hand in return, when, one-by-one, they bowed to him at the knee, Jimin was inwardly debating on what fire he needed to focus all of his efforts to put out first.

That was until he reached the bottom of the stone concourse.

Standing in front of his limousine, which was secured on all sides by the support vehicles of his motorcade, Jung Hoseok and Min Yoongi.

He was human, he could admit it to himself.

Even if it was his lot in life to operate under the notion that he was above such things, his hormones were the sole vice that he found he couldn’t exercise control over.

And in that moment, at a dead standstill, with nothing but the ceremonial guards at his back, he was struck by how similar the two men were. Not just in their physical bearings, with their tight, lean muscles and trimly cut suits.

It was the all-around posture that they had. It told complete strangers that they were exceedingly dangerous men.

But that wasn’t the only thing that struck him as odd.

It was the apparent peace between them.

Breaking himself out of his stand still, Jimin moved closer, and the closer he got, the more he realized that the two really seemed to be at real peace with each other.

Even the bows that the two men gave him were utterly identical.

Jimin had to choke down on a bit of laughter at the startling revelation that he supposed he had a certain type. His former lover on the right had been nothing short of a port in the storm. He supposed that he had taken comfort in the protection that Hoseok offered. Jimin had needed it at that particularly vulnerable, and terrifying time.

Yoongi offered him something similar.

He wouldn’t deny that the silent man sparked a fire in the pit of his stomach that he knew very well to be arousal. Given the opportunity, he would be more than willing to have the man’s hands all over his body, in an unrelenting search for that high.

Having the two of them together was driving him towards clarity.

Jimin turned to Hoseok, “Director?”

The older man’s eyes turned to crescents as he smiled, “Your Glorious Majesty.”

His lips pursed at the little pet name that the other man had for him. Hoseok was the sole person that he would tolerate it from, Hoseok was the only one who had the nerve.

“You aren’t shooting at Captain Yoongi, so I presume that all went well?”

His voice was racked with a subtle warning for the two men.

Hoseok might have known him as no other man had, and Yoongi might have been allowed liberties that only Hoseok had ever enjoyed, but he was still the master.

“Oh yes,” Hoseok nodded, turning to eye Yoongi. “We understand each other.”

From anyone else, such a statement might have been able to have been bought at face value, but he had learned a long time ago not to take anything that Hoseok said too literally.

A feeling of indignation rose up from within him.

As a matter of course, anything that the two men came to agree upon concerned him by default. All his life, he had been dealing with people that were under the impression that they knew what was best for him. Most of the time, that involved those that perceived themselves to be above him, smarter than him, and cleverer than him.

But Jimin swallowed it down and offered them a smile.

There would be a time to correct such behavior.

“Good,” Jimin nodded, and cocked his head slightly. “As for the matter that we were discussing earlier, I trust that you’ll have a full report for me as soon as possible?”

Sojung was the real threat.

Whatever iceberg that she was the tip of had to be dealt with first.

Hosoek offered him another bow, “Of course.”

Jimin regarded him with an air of skepticism, and without another, turned to his left to look at the silent Yoongi.

He fought down a shiver – he didn’t quite understand why when the other man looked at him he felt like he was being critically examined down to the core of his being. Jimin supposed that was another difference between them. Whereas Hoseok seemed to only be interested in him on a superficial level, he felt as if Yoongi would want to crack him open.

He felt as if Yoongi would want to utterly dominate him.

And he would let him do it too – if he asked.

“I’m ready to leave.” He told him.

Getting hot and bothered by a look – it was such a plebian thing.

The Emperor his heel and stepped around the two men to the open door to his limousine.

Unease was not something that someone who held absolute power over their reality was supposed to feel.

But in that instant, Jimin did

 

Yoongi spared a glance at the gargantuan Centurion Fountain as the motorcade made a sharp turn around it, heading towards the Imperial Palace annex. Even through the eleven-inch-thick glass, he could faintly hear the cacophony of the sirens all around.

“Captain Yoongi?” Jimin asked from beside him.

The Emperor’s voice was lulling.

Yoongi turned to him, “Sir?”

“I can’t expect Director Hoseok to give me the details of your meeting,” He watched as the other man turned to him. “But I wonder if I can have you do it for me?”

He’d quickly come to learn that the very cadence with which Jung Hoseok spoke cast everything in an ominous light. Their meeting was hardly a prelude to danger, it was hardly a showdown, it had merely been a settling of the new reality between them.

Yoongi he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter