Five

Post-It-Notes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Seulgi sat patiently in front of the desk of her homeroom teacher, Miss Yongsun, as the lady was skimming through her application form from the desktop. Her eyes darted everywhere inside the teacher’s lounge, noting a certain someone isn’t in the same place as her, probably somewhere in class teaching. Hearing a content sigh, she cast her attention back to her teacher who was now arranging a number of forms on her table. “It’s all done. Your application form is finally being sent off to Chung Ang University.”   “Really?”   Miss Yongsun hummed, before she crossed her arms and leaned back on her chair, “Although I still hope you would consider SNU, considering your amazing grades I think it won’t be a problem for you to get in.”   Seulgi just smiled, “But Chung Ang is more well-known for their Arts Major, so I think…I made the right choice.”   “You’re pretty set, aren’t you?”   “Very.” She grinned as she nodded, before Miss Yongsun dismissed her and told her to call for Sooyoung.   Just in time as she walked out from the teacher lounge, Seulgi was met with the most beautiful pair of doe brown eyes, looking back at her as they walked past, a small yet intimate smile crept between two although no words were spoken. Seulgi walked back to class with a smile on her face, just in time to see her English teacher giving back the marks they got for a short essay they did last week.   “You look stupid with that grin.” Joy murmured beside her.   Seulgi turned to the girl who was looking at her rather oddly, before she fell into realisation. “Ah! Miss Yongsun told me to call you for the consultation.”   “Great! I thought she wouldn’t call.” Joy slipped out from her chair and excused herself from class while Seulgi sighed contently as she thought about the positive turns of event.   Her mind was summoned back to a week ago when she took Miss Bae – Irene – home because her teacher was a tad bit drunk. Seulgi had no intention on staying longer and she just wanted to make sure her teacher is safely returned to her house but the latter popped the inevitable question and Seulgi herself, confessed (rather embarrassingly or so). One thing to another, they ended up kissing. The thought of them kissing that night had her knees weak and her heart jerking within her chest – especially when Miss Bae told her to call her by her first name. Seulgi could still vividly remembered how warm Miss Bae’s lips felt, even though she could taste the slight bitterness on her lips due to the beer her teacher had consumed, but the strawberry chapstick was still evident on her lips so it was a mixture of sweet and bitter. But it didn’t last long. Because after a few minutes, Miss Bae suddenly pulled away with her swollen lips, staring at her rather weirdly before she cupped and ran for the bathroom. Seulgi knew the woman was throwing up, and she wanted to help but Miss Bae slammed the door on her face. “Are you alright?”   “Seulgi…y-you should go.” A weak voice spoke inside, “Your dad would be wondering where you are now...”   “He’s out of town.”   Silence fell and no words were spoken. Seulgi heard the sound of flushing and some pacing here and there before the bathroom door open and Miss Bae was so surprised to see her right in front of the door, she almost tumbled backwards to the floor before Seulgi managed to gripped her arm just in time.   “You’re still here…” The woman spoke in a weak, yet soft tone, “I thought you’d left since you didn’t answered me back.”   Seulgi did, but Miss Bae probably didn’t heard it. “My dad is out of town. So I don’t think he would be worrying over me anytime soon.”   Despite her saying that, Miss Bae still insisted for her to go back home but she agreed but only after the woman is comfortably tucked in bed.   “You’re treating me like a child.” Miss Bae huffed, annoyance pasted on her face but truthfully she was far from annoyed.   “Because you sort of look like one, Miss Bae.” Seulgi silently giggled with her back turned as she sat at the edge of Miss Bae’s bed.   The teacher was changing her clothes and so Seulgi gaze around the room. There weren’t much furniture nor decorations but still she could feel warmth radiating inside the room. Maybe it was the bed, Seulgi bounced a little, it was so white and feathery, not to mention high – unlike her own bed.   She felt the bed dipped behind her, “Are you done Miss Bae?”   “Yes,” The soft voice spoke and Seulgi spun behind to see the woman already making herself comfortable underneath the duvet.   She was wearing a sleeveless, white gown with a shoulder strap and initially it wasn’t supposed to look y or anything but that was the first time Seulgi saw much exposure of skin from her teacher, her lips went dry.   Seulgi stood up and took the glass of water she had prepared and placed it beside the night stand. Her eyes averted at the clock hung on the wall, before she spoke. “I guess I should leave now, Miss Bae.”   Seulgi saw a nerve twitch in her face and maybe Seulgi knew a part of her teacher wanted her to stay. But the teacher gently took her hand, making her sit at the small space before cupping her face, bringing it close to hers. “I told you to call me Irene – especially when we’re both together…”   “Okay, Irene. I have to go now.” Seulgi whispered, noticing the approving smile on Irene’s face.   Irene hummed before she pulled her face down and planted a kiss on her forehead. “Thank you for helping me out there earlier. I’ll see you on Monday then.”   For a second, Seulgi felt a pang of sadness. She too was feeling rather heavy on leaving Irene but it was too early for anything to be discussed. “Yes, Irene.”   Irene stared at her for a second, and Seulgi was confused because she did called her by her name, but then Irene smirked.   “I called you Irene didn’t I?   “Yeah,” Irene nodded before giggling a little, “And I liked it.”   Seulgi grinned back before she bid goodbye and walked out of the room, out of the unit and walked back alone, feeling a variety of emotions at once as she began to look forward to Monday.                                                                                                                      ***   Ever since then, Miss Bae or Irene, which she now preferred to call, have been having secret outings with her or Seulgi would prefer to think as dates, and sometimes Irene would gave her a ride to school. Not every single day, but most of the days which made her usual routine of pasting the post-its on Irene’s table slightly later than usual but the woman doesn’t mind. “…just as long as you don’t paste it on somebody else’s forehead.” Irene told her as soon as they arrived at the school compound. Seulgi smiled at the obvious hint of jealousy though she wondered if Irene noticed. Seulgi had been quite happy lately, although she was a bit bothered of the ambiguousness of their relationship, because at times she noticed the woman would ignored and denied her, but at another time she would be picking her up to school or something like now. They were at one of those empty spots nearby Banpo Bridge where amazing water shows always happened especially during the night. But it wasn’t night and they weren’t even outside because it was super cold, so they just ordered fast food take-outs (with slight disapproval) from Irene and ate it inside her car. “So…what are you going to do during New Year?” Seulgi asked before she took another big bite out of her almost finished cheese burger. “Going back to your hometown?”   Irene nodded, though Seulgi think the woman looked a little bit zoned out. She had been subtly so ever since Irene fetched her from her apartment   “Is everything okay?”   The woman snapped her head towards her, teeth still biting the straw of her drink. “Yeah…just thinking.”   “About?”   Irene shifted in her seat, placing the drink on a cup holder. “Do you remember the guy you met at the coffee shop back then?”   “Yeah…” Nodding slowly, although something tells her she wouldn’t be liking what was about to come next. “What about him?”   “My mom invited him to have dinner at our place for our family dinner.” Irene laid her head on the steering wheel, looking distressed. “I had made it clear ever since I step my foot outside the house that I have no interest in me –”   Irene suddenly had her left palm covering , while an amused Seulgi watched how her 24 year old teacher looking like a five year old thief caught red handed. “Men? You have no interest in men.”   “Yes…”
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter