Save File 7 : Day 1 : Morning

Sea Foam {DISCONTINUED please look @ "About Me" in profile for further info}

No pairings yet, but don't worry they'll come soon. I decided that I could at least get the first chapter out and work along the way so here we go.


Slowly, he opened his eyes and blinked at the blank ceiling above him. He pushed himself up mechanically, turning around in the bed of blue he was in. The room was strewed, papers laying not only on the already small desk in the corner but torn pieces taped to the monitor, shelves, random parts of the walls, anywhere that made such things appear to be based on the caprice of someone's mind. He pulled the covers off, placing his feet down on crumpled paper of smeared blue ink.

In a mindless manner, he pushed himself to stand, the smell of coffee wafting into the room he's in. He followed the scent of coffee, leading him to a hallway that opened into an open area kitchen and living room, making it apparent that he's in a modern-styled apartment at the size of the place. He walked down the hall, stopping to note decorations that hung on the wall.

The first was a mirror. It reflected a boy with pale skin and black hair. He reached up to gently place a hand against his cheek, the reflection following. He moved on to the next decoration.

The second was a portrait. A man with black hair standing proudly to the left, a woman with a pale complexion sitting elegantly to the right, endearingly holding a small boy with that same shade of black and that same complexion. It was a family portrait of three, himself as a toddler. He moved on to the next.

The third was a portrait. It was flipped so that only the wooden back is seen.

"You awake now, Chanhee?"

He turned to see a brunet peeking from the kitchen into the hallway at him curiously. The brunet adorned a black waist apron and a spatula. He guessed that he took too long to respond, seeing how the brunet chuckled, "I know, I know, you're not up for stupidly obvious questions. Anyways, go ahead and sit down, Chanhee. Breakfast is almost done."

I suppose Chanhee is my name... he wandered into the kitchen and watched the brunet head back to the stove. Chanhee turned and saw the dining table along with a blue backpack sitting on top, an envelope sticking out of a pocket on the backpack, his name written on it.

"Oh yeah, go ahead and read that. It'll probably explain a lot," the brunet called out.

Chanhee pulled out the chair closest to the backpack before sitting down, taking the envelope out and opening it carelessly. He takes out a sheet of paper, obviously a typed paper. He read the typed letter.
 

Congratulations! You've entered the game called "Sea Foam" along with other contestants! The game involves many specifics, so make sure you read each carefully!

First, each contestant is missing an area of their body which is in correlation to their special talent. Choi Chanhee, the area your are missing is your brain- or more specifically- your memories. Of course, not completely wiped out or else you'd be reduced to nothing but a whiny baby ;P
 

He paused and couldn't help but frown at whoever wrote this.
 

Second, each contestant has a puppet assistant. What is a puppet? They are what you can call robots in a sense made to do various things such as keep information and updates on current happenings within the game. Obviously, the general consensus is to make sure your puppet is by your side at all time! The puppet assistant you received is Puppet 158109- but for convenience he's also called Lee Juyeon. He's flexible and quick, however he's a recently made puppet, meaning he's a bit on the innocent and guillible side.

Third, all contestants are "installed" with a "program" referred to as the "Möbius Strip". The "Möbius Strip" program is similar to the idea of a normal Möbius strip where if made, the strip can be cut long-way along the center and continue to expand infinitely. What may this refer to? It means that everyone is connected through quite literally "blood and sweat" (not tears, that'd be too cheesy). For example, if one gains a cut on the finger, others gain that same cut in the same area. The idea is that if one dies, everyone else dies too and it's game over.

Fourth, all contestants follow the goals of retrieving whatever they lost as there is secretly a puppet hiding as a contestant. Hints as to who they are will be hinted throughout missions that your assistants will keep track of, but remember not to make hasty decisions!

And finally, each contestant is given a "weapon". That's put in quotes as it's more likely an assisting item than anything that may be used whenever deemed necessary. Anyways, have fun!
 

By the end of it, Chanhee felt just a bit overwhelmed as he tried process the new found information at a slower pace. He stopped once he caught the sight of a plate of some rice, kimchi, and fried eggs placed by the backpack, a cup of coffee placed to the side.

"Are you done reading?" Juyeon asked, pulling out a chair to sit on next to Chanhee.

"Um- yeah..." Chanhee replied slowly.

"If you have any questions, you can go ahead and ask me. I'll try to answer those as clearly as possible," Juyeon smiled. Honestly, if Chanhee hadn't read the letter, he would've mistaken Juyeon for an actual person rather than some sort of robot.

He decided that it would be best to ask all of his current questions, figuring that it'd be much quicker this way. He still spoke at the same slow pace however, as though he was testing each word with his mouth, probably due to the after effects of losing his memories as piecing his thoughts together to make a complete sentence took just as long for him, "How many contestants are in Sea Foam?"

"Classified information."

Juyeon was still smiling, but Chanhee paused and frowned. He guessed that whoever had set up this game had probably set limits for how much Juyeon could actually inform him, obviously for continuing to conceal who they are. Chanhee tried to ask something else, "Who created this game?"

"Classified information."

"... How was a program 'installed' into living, breathing people?"

"Classified information."

"... If we were to find the hidden puppet, how do we actually 'retrieve' our missing body parts?"

"Classified information."

"How do different body parts work on the puppet?"

"Classified information."

"Wait, how am I suppose to 'retrieve' my memories if that's the case?"

"Classified information."

Chanhee grumbled a bit, wondering at what question he could actually get information about the game. The more questions he asked the quicker he could think more about the questions and holes within the game plan. He at least wanted to try one more question, "Who put me in this game?"

This time, Juyeon stopped smiling and blinked at him. He tilted his head, "You did. Everyone joined the game voluntarily."

Why did I join this game voluntarily? he didn't ask that, figuring that such a question would only result in another "classified information". Chanhee had let out a small defeated sigh before deciding to look into his backpack for his "weapon". He found a small drone with a camera incorporated into it and its remote control with a screen in the center.

"A drone? That'll come in handy for your first mission," Juyeon commented once Chanhee brought out the drone. The latter looked at Juyeon, confusion written on his face.

Luckily Juyeon understood immediately, "Oh right, the first mission is to make eye contact with at least one other contestant. Failure to do so will lead to death."